Velas VallartaResale of My Timeshare

I received a call from Vacation Property Services on 9/12/09 regarding a timeshare that my husband and I have for sale. The man that called said his name was Don Rice and he had a buyer for our property. He sent me a Letter of Intent signed by the buyers and a witness. My husband and I had to sign it and send it back. We also had to send $286.82 by Western Union (money in minutes)for the taxes and title search. I sent the WU on 9/15/09 in the amount of $322.82 which includes the WU fee of $36.00. After sending this, I received another call from Mr. Rice on 9/17/09 stating that the taxes would be an additional $86.32 and I need to send it right away by WU again by (money in minutes). The total for that one was $102.31, including the $15.99 fee. In both cases the WU was to be picked up by a Duane Bean, owner of Vacation Property Services in Holly Hill, FL. We were to receive a package from Fed Ex on Friday, 9/18/09 between 3 and 5 pm for the settlement. I left work early and turned down overtime to come home, so I would be here when the package arrived. I did not receive the package on Friday and have been trying to contact Don Rice and no one will return my call. I have left 5 messages since 5:00 pm Friday. I would like a full refund for the $425.13 I have spent on this transaction. The phone number for Vacation Property Services is [protected] the address is 4001 Va. Beach Blvd., Va Beach, Va 23450.
Sincerely,
Carolyn V. McNeff
308 Carolina Pines Court
Leicester, NC 28748 (Less)

another scam? Nov 16, 2009

Got call from this # being approached to see if I still wanted to sell my time share... I feel like I have been scammed before by company's saying they will sell it for me (they have listed it but no sale) and approched by people who turns out that they have scammed someone... I HATE TIMESHARES... and don't know if I can trust anyone in trying to sell this thing.

• Bu
    Buki Jan 14, 2010

I get a letter same as you about my timeshare and they asked me to sign it and send money for tax and transfer fee. I have not done that yet and they are waiting for me to sign this "Letter of Intent LOI they sent me. I am afraid that this is a scam and was wondering if you ever got your money back or sell the timeshare.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices