Velas ResortsValue Traders and their inability to complete transaction

L Apr 17, 2020

I entered into contract 3/19 with Velas to trade my Worldmark timeshare in and purchase a Velas timeshare. I have paid all the fees required then and actually all the fees required for the 2020 year. Because of a planned vacation in a Worldmark location in December, 2019, I requested that the transfer not happen until the end of December 2019. My transfer was given to Value Traders to complete the paperwork necessary to close out the Worldmark transaction. The last time I heard from someone at Value Traders, Manuel contacted me on January 10, 2020. He needed 1 further document, which I provided. I emailed him on Jan. 23, 2020 and inquired if the transaction had been completed. No response.

It is now April, 2020. I have had 2 months of housekeeping fees paid by draft to Worldmark - $800. I contacted them yesterday, 4/16, feeling sure this was in error. They informed me that they have never received ANY documents from Value Traders regarding this transaction.

When I talked to your online customer service agent, she connected me to an attorney service that I was supposed to pay for before I talked with an attorney. Believe me, if I need to have an attorney handle this, I have my own.

Velas is who I went in to contract with. You are ultimately responsible for the people you subcontract the work out to - namely, Value Traders. They have failed miserably to complete this transaction although they had nearly a year to have all the paperwork in order and submitted. It has cost me additional money that I did not want to spend. If this is the way you do business, I would like to cancel my contract with Velas as you have not completed the transaction in a timely fashion.

Please contact me with something other than platitudes. I want to know what you are going to do to take care of this.

Linda Helton
428 Eileen Drive
Sebastopol, CA 95472
[protected]

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices