Valvoline Instant Oil Change — damage to car during oil change!
I took my Saturn in for a routine oil change. After trying to sell me a long list of expensive and entirely unnecessary repairs/windshield wipers/filters, etc, the "customer service rep" began to get surly in response to my repeated "no thanks, not today". He then huffily informed me that I had a transmission fluid leak and that I should have it repaired at Valvoline, at an entirely unreasonable price, of course. I informed him that I had personally checked my fluid levels the previous day, and that the fluid levels had been fine. He got really snippy then, basically telling me I was an idiot for not falling for his bait-and-switch sales pitch.
The next day, my transmission started gushing fluid. When I had it towed to my reliable and honest mechanic, he told me that Valvoline had pulled my transmission filter off and broken the seal when they put it back on. Since there is no need to remove that filter during an oil change, they either pulled the wrong one because they're ignorant or deliberately damaged my car in hopes that I would buy the $200 repair at their shop.
The manager offered to cut me a check, but also gave me quite a bit of bureaucratic runaround, and I'm sure I won't be seeing that check anytime soon.
More Valvoline Instant Oil Change Complaints & Reviews
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - fraud and scam
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - substantial overcharge ripoff
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - engine blew ip
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - Bad service
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - Oil change fraud
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change - battery scam
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change [VIOC] - Service
- Valvoline Oil Change - scam
- Valvoline Oil Change - assistant manager
- Valvoline - wrong oil plug