Complaints & Reviews

Promises not kept!

I ordered via phone Livigen capsules from Bio-Molecular Solutions and I was charged $2 extra for Value Plu...

Fradulent charges for a year!

I have had the same experience as almost everyone on this board about this problem. I have been charged for almost a year now without noticing it. I cancelled my so called service and received the same information as another person on this website. They couldn't tell me what company was charging my credit card. They also went around in circles as I tried to ask them questions and said that I should have received a packet. Apparently I should still be receiving things, they even had my address on file. I have no more information to give, but want to thank everyone for speaking out about it so that I can send all of this to my credit card company to put in a claim. Oh one more thing I did find a web-site for value plus and tried to send a complaint by e-mail and it never went through, go figure! www.valueplusonline.com

Good luck to everyone.

• Am
    Amy Clark Apr 06, 2007

I went to ValuePlusOnline.com/open/form/gc after I had purchased some products over the phone. This company Value + says to me after a one dollar fee, they will give me two 25$ gift cards for a free trial up to 14 days to try their products. Which these products were coupons and discounts off purchases for companies around the world. After the 14 day trial they would charge my credit card 14.95$ a month, if not canceled. Well, I canceled and couldn't believe how easy it was. No questions why. Just called the number and told them I would like to cancel and what sounded like a 12 year old girl on the the other line, says to me ok ! and that was it. Well I haven't seen any other charges to my account yet! But where's mt 25$ gift card to walmart and my other 25$ gas card? Who knows, there's no such website to claim them. So much for www.valueplusonline.com!

• Ro
    Robin Robinson Apr 29, 2007

Thank you for the free $25 gift card that you send me in the mail!!!

• Ka
    kaylee christensen Jul 02, 2007

I took this as a legitimate business, when I called Nationalvaluenetwork.com, however nothing they had promised me has panned out. I signed up for a trial membership to valueplusonline.com, and www.homeplayonline.com for 1.99 and I was to receive a 25$ gift card in return, however when I searched for the website to claim it, all that came up were other customers complaints that they also had been scammed. This is a big time scam and not worth even calling.

• Me
    Melanie Anne Russell Aug 01, 2007

I have yet to see my $25.00 gift card as well and have tried numerous times to address the situation but as stated by other people NO SUCH WEBSITE and my credit card is being charged $14.95 a month!!!

cherie m Aug 27, 2007

I'm another person that ordered a product over the phone and was promised a $25 walmart gift card but could not access the website.

Live and learn!

• Sh
    Sharon K. Titley Oct 03, 2007

The infomercials should receive some wrath, also. They made it about impossible to decline this offer. I felt very pressured and angry, however, I wanted to "Go Duster". Again, I guess things should not be ordered from the infomercials. People should not to put up with this kind of high pressure scams!

• Jc
    J.C. Heinrich Oct 03, 2007

Iam still waiting for my $25. gift card
    Sincerely
    J.C. Heinrich

• Zi
    ziprat Dec 31, 2008

The go duster is a rip off.

• Mz
    M.Z. Jul 20, 2010

Rec'd letter, went online and used p.w.supplied. Reply said no 404 found, but the p.w. given was 406. I searched and to no avail. I will call the co. and hope for fulfillment of offerof $50 gift cards(total).

Scam and fraud!

This was offered to me by a telemarketer offering a $25.00 giftcard including savings between 20% to 42% at...

No such website!

When I purchased Genisphere face and neck cream I was told I would receive a $25.00 certificate to be used at...

Telemarketer promised $40 in gas rebates for trial membership

I received a call about trying a shopping discount membership for $1 for a month and i would receive $40 in...

Website is not accessible!

$40 cash back Gas rebate was promised when I agreed to look at the info. When info was received gas rebate...

How to cancel WC Value plus!

I received call offering a coupon savings book for only one dollar and they already had my information said...

Stealing my money!

This ugly company has taken $14.95/month out of my account for almost 2 years. I feel silly having just...

Hang up on Quality Resoures or Valus Plus

Today, I was attempted to be scammed by Quality Resources/Value Plus organization. The phone number is [protected] from N. Charleston, North Carolina. Beware of PO boxes. Some telemarketer from membership services will answer the phone who knows nothing.

I think I made a purchase recently on-line, unfortunately the company gave out my address, card number and my phone number. They will not give you the name of the company from which they got the information. The company says they will give you $40.00 gas card and save money on all of these great products. All you have to do is authorize to release your credit card for a $1.00 charge. It's a scam. Hang up and report them to BBB or the Federal Trade Commission. I am going to check my credit card and will probably will get a charge on it from ValuePlus.

Jesse Almanrode Jan 22, 2008

These guys are crazy. While on the phone I even told them about this review, that they are a scam, and they insisted that they have been in business for 15 years and are legit. I didn't divulge any info other than the casual "yes, that is my mailing address" and "yes, that is my birthday". Now will also be watching my bank account like a hawk. Heaven help them if they charge me anything... my lawyers will have a field day with this.

Jesse Almanrode Feb 09, 2008

UPDATE: I just got two charges from this company and one of its partners on my cards... One is directly from Value Plus for $1 and the other is from a place called AMA Health Options for $9.95. Looks like these guys are in for it...

Some other research has turned up that most of their companies come out of Minnesota or Las Vegas. Also, if you call them ASK them to verify your address before verifying yours (A mistake I made). It turns out that for most people they actually have records that are 3+ years old and in some cases don't have them at all!

I will keep this site up-to-date with my dealings... I hope others will see this and not get duped in.

Jesse Almanrode Feb 16, 2008

UPDATE: Well... I called my back to let them know of the charges and then called each of the two companies to refund my money. Both of them claimed that I had signed up for a 30 day trial period to which I told them no, I didn't. I then asked if they would refund the charges already made to my account and both of them agreed they would. I have since seen the refunds come across my account so, for the time being, they made good. I will be continuing to watch this account to make sure that they do not put any charges on it in the future.

John Smith Jul 22, 2008

Hello (name) My name is John Smith and I am calling from Quality Resources because you recently purchased something from one of our marketing partners and this call may be recorded for quality and security purposes and I will be brief. The reason we are calling today is just to let you know as a preferred customer you’re receiving $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers in the mail. These are free and good for one year and you can buy your gas anywhere in the U.S. Now these should arrive in about 2 weeks so please keep an eye out for them, in the same envelope we’re sending the first 30 days of Budget Savers for only $1 dollar. It’s a brand new saving program that will save you money at a couple hundred stores like Home Depot, Target and Best Buy also restaurants like Chili’s, Red Lobster and McDonald’s. This is something we only send to preferred customers so there is no obligation to keep it and nothing to send back. Even if your not interested, make sure you don’t throw away the gas vouchers, the $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers is our way of saying thank you for being a preferred customer.

Remember the 30 day trial is only $1 dollar. It gives you full use of all the discounts. If you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days your benefits would extend automatically for just $24.95 a month again that’s only if you decide to stay a member after the first 30 days. It would be charged to your (Visa/Master Card/ American Express) ending in (last four digits). You can call and cancel anytime, on the toll free number that’s located on the front page. Either way you keep your $50 dollars in gasoline vouchers as a thank you. You still live in (city/state) correct?

Great, before I transfer you to our verification department to read your address back to you and to verify I did my job correctly, do you have any questions? When I transfer you, you’re going to hear a click. It may sound like I am hanging up. I’M NOT! It’s very important that you hold so you don’t get the same call again, ok? Enjoy your $50 dollars in gas vouchers, please hold.

TCPA=Always Attempt / TOL=we will add you to our internal do not call list.
    That’s fine Mr. / Mrs. (last name); if you have any questions call 1-866-280-4252. We are not calling from Visa/Master Card or American Express; we are a company calling you with a discounted offer. Have a nice day.

This is the script they read to you, they changed their name from Value Plus to Budget Savers but its the same stuff.
    www.valueplusonline.com
    www.budgetsaversonline.com

How it works is you agree to the dollar for 30 days and then get transferred and they up sell you two other packages. They are trial periods.
    $1.00 - Budget Savers goes to $19.95/$24.95
    $9.99 - Health Package goes to $49.95
    $1.99 - Entertainment goes to $ 19.99 (i think)

This sales script is a proven script to make people say yes even when they dont want to, spread the word.

Unauthorized charges to my discover card

I have no idea who this company is but they have been taking 16.95 out of my discover card for over a year...

This is a huge scam!

I was charged $19.95 by W/C Value Plus for nothing. I have no idea where this charge originated, but I sent a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices