VALICthis company has done nothing to help

B

After the death of our father, my sister has tried for over 5 months to get the settlement (portion of) from Valic. There has been a run-around, miss information, and what I would deem incompetence on the part of this company. There has been no apologies, corrections, just more “passing of the buck” in this matter. It is still unresolved. On our end- we have done all that was asked uf us.. weeks ago…and been told check will be coming in a few days.

We have learned that this so called life insurance company has had the wrong beneficiary listed, and it will take time to correct.

Please keep in mind we have made calls once a week for months now.

After the wrong beneficiary listing, have been told that this process must start all over again with the original request. Why should my sister suffer because of their incompetence? She now has thousand of dollars in interest from unpaid credit cards. Is there no time limitations, or atleast a checks and balances to companies that do this to people? Nothing this company has done to help.

satya jagarlamudi Nov 28, 2017

I have issue with retirement annuity fund misrepresentation of the valic advisor. I called spoke to the complaint team nobody is realeasing my fund bcaks without surrender charges. No body is helping me and valic advisor misrepresent the fund information. Valic advisor explained diffrerent fund and moved to Annuity now I stuck. I am close to retirement not able to get back this money. Hard to deal with these people. Satya

• Hm
    HMA123 Nov 13, 2015

I'm the executor of my mothers estate and am having the same difficulty with VALIC. In the beginning they kept on "forgetting" to tell me of certain paperwork they needed. I continued to honor requests until they could no longer drag it out. Now they say they can't get in touch with their death claims department, After five months of this run around I believe I will have to retain legal representation in order to be able to invest the money for myself and not have them benefit from my funds. I'm disgusted with this company and believe their tactics are purposeful in delay.

• Rv
    rverlinda Nov 12, 2012

my father died and I am the executor of the estate. I have been contacting VALIC for the last 13 months and they refuse to release my father's retirement funds. They will not provide me with ANYTHING!

• Jg
    Jgardin Jan 09, 2012

First off its not a companies fault your sister has thousands of dollars of interest on credit cards. That's poor financial management and something she needs to address for herself. Secondly, financial management companies are required to have the same paperwork people originally signed. So whatever was written BY HAND by your mother would be printed on the contract and therefore would not be the companies fault if it isn't right. I can't stand ignorant people writing complaints trying to bad mouth companies when they don't really know what they are talking about. Furthermore, people like you are what's wrong with our country because you honestly believe personal problems like your sisters credit card debt is someone else's fault. Better luck to you and your sister.