Having problems with VALIC?

+1 800 448 2542 (General Information)
+1 888 478 7020 (Plan Sponsor Support)
+1 888 569 7055 (Enrollment Center)
+1 800 426 3753 (Retirement Planning)
+1 866 544 4968 (Brokerage Accounts, Mutual Funds Or Insurance)
P.O. BOX 15648
Amarillo, Texas
United States - 79105-5648
Overnight
1050 N. Western St., Amarillo, TX 79106-7011

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with VALIC.

Complaints & Reviews

VALICLoan

I have been trying for nearly 2 weeks to take out a loan on MY money. Valic has still not released MY funds. I call almost everyday, speak to supervisors and still the loan department has not released my funds do to the fact that the loan amount keeps dropping everyday. Why is my loan dropping by almost 200.00 dollars and I'm still waiting. the loan amount should have been locked in and my funds removed from the market.

Nov 18, 2019

VALIC — Online site; toll free telephone numbers; unanswered fax requests

Hello, I've had two valic accounts since 1988, one is an annuity-retirement for which I requested the...

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]403b

I was terminated 2003 .. I've not worked since then and I tried withdrawing my money from Valic, I did everything needed and Valic just won't give me my money, they are giving me the runaround.
    Online my acct stated that I needed to update my information so I did . Then I needed to fill out the workplace /job information, so i did that too. ... help !!!

Sep 10, 2019

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — orp florida

Absolute worst customer service in the entire world. Woman knows not how to view my percent contribution or...

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]Distribution of funds

I had left my employer 2 yrs ago. I had invested in a VALIC 403B. As I am 62 yrs old I am entitled to withdraw from this account. Well...a month ago I submitted a form for cash distribution. I was told it would be 3-5 days till my funds would be deposited. What a joke! I called 4 times and was told 4 different stories. I then called my snake of a financial advisor ..no response. I then emailed him..no response. My only option is to either confer with my lawyer or call my Vanguard advisor to be able to access my funds. DO NOT CHOSE VALIC FOR ANY FORM OF FINANCIAL FUND. You will be sorry..I know I am.

Nov 06, 2018

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — Overnight service

I'm upset that their over night service is not really overnight. I faxed my paperwork on late Thursday...

Oct 22, 2018

Aig Valic — 401k retirement fund

Doing buisness and also trying to close my account with valic has been a utter nightmare! I had to fax the...

Sep 20, 2018

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — Retirement account

On September 10, 2018 I contacted my Valic rep in order to withdraw funds from my account. He was no help and...

Sep 15, 2018

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — There whole process. Customer service. They lost a check for over $32000 because they sent wrong form

My company switched to valic. After several hours and trying to find out why a roll over of over $32000 wa...

Aug 23, 2018

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — Rollover

about 1 month ago I requested paperwork for my husband and my account, never received paperwork for mine so...

Aug 10, 2018

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC] — Trying to cash I retired

I have been waiting for the forms to with draw my funds. I am retired. I called on Aug 1, 2018 the rep said...

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]Hardship application

I submitted a application for hardship home forclosure on 7/9/2018. The rep denied my proof and requested need information i sent new information they denied it again. I sent new information and they accepted it however they now say they are on a block out and will not be able to Process the application as of 7/18 till 9/18z my complaint is that my application was signed and dated way before the block out and it is a hardship for foreclose nor did anyone communicate that there will be a block out and action should have been taken before the 18th. Poor communication and not ethical the way this was handle.

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]Rollover to an external source

My former employer used Valic for its 401K/403B programs. After leaving the company and as I start to close in on retirement, Valic contacted me. They wanted to reach out to me to remove myself from the former employers account (and the low management fee) to move me into an annuity at a much higher management fee - 150 basis points. Industry standards are typically less than 100. Moving thru the process was easy. Valic provided all the paperwork digitally. When I noticed the excessive management fee, I decided it is more prudent to move out of Valic to a more affordable management fee and avoid annuities. Valic suddenly converted all digital exchanges into snail-mail... to slow down the process and get a couple more months of management fees from my account. Their answer as to "why" they could no longer digitally transmit information was simply that this is their rule.
          So, this is a terrible company - they are not customer friendly. They tried to shift me into an annuity. They did not provide adequate education of other options. They tried to drive me into an egregious management fee which would cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars. And, they have created every possible barrier to transfer now that I am anxious to leave Valic. Horrific way to treat people. Simply terrible.

The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company [VALIC]closing of my account

This is the worst company in terms of customer service; which leads me to believe they have even worse methods of what they claim they do, which is invest your money. I have tried, about 4 different times, to retrieve and transfer my funds to a different company. Each time, it seems, in an attempt to keep my business, they have failed to mail me the necessary papers; either that or I apparently haven't answered security questions, which is understandable, but are they really suggesting there are no measures in place to ensure security is maintained? There's isno other way you can verify that I am the real account holder? Hmm! . I'm reporting this company and their useless "supervisors."

VALIC — customer service

I called today to return a phone call from Veronica and a lady named Shantee answered. i got my security...

VALIChorrible company

Please do not do business with this company. They are helpful in getting you to invest. When you need your money you will get the runaround. Customer service at its worse.

They are much like ENRON! Buyer beware! AIG appears to be the mother of this company. I will never do business with this company again.

Investing in retirement is great, but you will have to be careful who you place your investments with. Do your homework!

Never Again Valic!

VALIC — customer service

I seem to be having a problem getting my money from you. Every time there seems to be a different reason that...

VALIC — 403B loan

I needed a third-party signature for my $1, 200 loan, or so I thought. I called VALIC's customer service line...

VALICdeath claims customer service professional was rude

I had an incident with a customer service representative at this insurance company on August 7. There was a misunderstanding on my part when I asked a specific question to the death claims department. I asked for more clarification. This seemed to irritate the employee and the situation escalated. I was hoping for a quick resolution and a better understanding of what information I needed to supply. I had already filled out the same form earlier. I was blind-sided when I heard that there was no beneficiary to the account.
                The lack of professionalism from this employee was staggering. Settling the estate of loved one is a learning process. The representative offered no clarification, was unresponsive to my statements and spoke condescendingly to me when he did. If the goal is to frustrate, belittle and create more distress for people then this is the company you want.

VALIC — claim payout

Since my mothers death I have been getting the runaround from your company saying they don't know how much i...