819 East Six Forks Road, Raleigh, NC, 27609, US

Reviews and Complaints

[Resolved] Unrealiable

Bought this washer and drier set in 2008. Worked well until about 6 monthds ago and began getting the F1 message intermittantly. Called Sears and they said it would be a charge for the controller board and the service. Checked on-line and found it was a common problem and began discussions with sears until they finally released the recall information.
Then the Spin cycle started sounding as though the Washing Machine was going to take off into ordbit. Whem the repair tech arrived and took ten minutes to install the controller board, he admitted the sound is the bearings in the tub are going out and need to be replaced. Three years (possibly 4) old and the bearings are now going? We scheduled an appointment (he carried no parts because they are contract repair to sears. The tub has a 10 year warrantee but the service is 137.00 labor. I called sears to inquire about letting go of the service fees since it appears it is a manufacture problem and the person (Casey) I spoke with acted like I was speaking a foriegn language and did not understand what I was asking and tranfsferred me to the thrid party service group who finally understood and told me I had to call sears to get the charges dismissed. Start of the run around tactic.
Seems Sears has lost the customer satisfaction direction and do not want return business or favorable recommendations. After I get this fixed, if anything else goes, it will be time to look into some of the class action suits against them, and pledge to get rid of this trach and never buy from them again. They support nothing, especially their customers.

Unrealiable

Sears Appliances Kenmore
  • Resolution Statement

• SearsCare Jun 17, 2011

To JBerbs,

I'm sorry that your washer had this defect and that you are unhappy with the labor charge that resulted. We do appreciate your business with Sears. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help resolve this issue with you. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (JBerbs) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

[Resolved] terrible company!

Purchased Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer in April 2007. It is now Jan 08 and I cannot get the washer to work. I purchased Service Contract for washer at Sears and have called in that it is not working. Sears cannot get a service repair person to my home for at least a week. No one seems to want to help with this repair even though we purchased the contract.

Received Alywin Lewis's at Sear's mail address but did not receive an e-mail address. His mail address is: 333 Beverly Road, Hoffman Estate, IL 60179.

• Sears's response · May 19, 2011

To JPSMITH,
    I saw your comment here and I wanted to reach out and apologize on behalf of Sears for the difficulties that have occurred with your washer. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with you regarding your washer and make sure everything that can be done is being done on your behalf.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (JPSMITH) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.

• Sears's response · Nov 02, 2011

To R and J,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with your washer. I can certainly understand your concern with a pricy repair bill and your desire to have a less complicated machine. We do value your business with Sears and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns and to ensure you faith in our products. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer is listed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (R and J) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

• Sears's response · Mar 19, 2012

Dear Roninson,

We have just come across your post and we would like to apologize for the multiple repairs you have encountered with your Kenmore Elite Oasis. We understand your time is valuable and having to continually put aside time for repairs can be frustrating. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I would like one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and look into this. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your Kenmore Elite Oasis was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Roninson for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

• Sears's response · Sep 05, 2012

To: disappointed/washer,
    We are sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with your washer. It is our goal at Sears to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, customer service and products that exceed your expectations. This is clearly not the case for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Dianne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience, please contact my office at [email protected] so we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide a contact number and the phone number the washer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, please include the screen name (disappointed/washer) that was used to post here in your email so we can reference to your issue.
    Dianne D..

• Sears's response · Sep 28, 2012

James_09

My name is Liz and I am with the Social Media Support Team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to your on this issue. I am sorry to hear that we have let you down with the repair on your Kenmore Oasis and it is a re-occurring issue. Per our records, I do see that we have received your contact information via email. We have forwarded this information to our Case Management Team and will be in touch with you soon.

Liz R.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · Sep 28, 2012

Dear James_09,
    My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issue which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated case manager. We are very sorry that you are having continuing problems with your Kenmore Oasis washer. We understand your frustration with not wanting to repair a washer that will continue to possibly have problems. I know that I would also be concerned with googling this machine and seeing so many remarks similar to mine. We would like to offer our assistance to help you resolve this situation. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (James_09) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Susan R.

• Sears's response · Feb 11, 2013

carlitosway, I saw your post here and I want to apologize for the problems you’ve had with your washer for the last 6 months. We can understand how frustrating it is when something you purchased does not perform as expected. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and it appears we have not met that goal here. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (carlitosway ), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] .
    Dianne D.

• Sears's response · Mar 05, 2013

Dear carlitosway,

Thank you for your update. We appreciate your kind words and we are happy to know your experience with us went well. I will forward your information to your case manager and we thank you again for working with us.

Dee M.

• Sears's response · Mar 07, 2013

21...SADD, we do apologize for the ongoing issues with your washer. We can understand your disappointment with your washing machine’s performance and would love to help you! With your permission, we would like to connect you with a case manager to investigate and personally work with you to resolve your concerns. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be concerned by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (21...SADD) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Christine R.

• Resolution Statement

• Vi
    Vincent J. Feconda Jan 19, 2008

I have the same washer with the same problems. It bunches all the cloths in a ball and shoots the water out onto the floor. I have had the repairmen out 3 x and they are comming out again on the 29 of january. All they tell me is to lighten the loads and only put one sheet in at a time.

Also this washer has ripped my cloths, sheets and towels and has stained the others. They had to replace the fabric dispenser and the transmission and I've only had this washer for 4 or 5 months.

IT'S A PIECE OF CRAP! DON'T BUY IT! THE WARRANTIES ARE USELESS!

• Ni
    Nirit Swerdloff Jan 23, 2008

Having problems with a 2 year old Calypso model. Sears wants to send someone in 10 days, and then they will probably need to order parts. I am cancelling my warranty (they will refund a portion of the warranty contract) and getting my own repair person. Hope I don't need a new machine. Sears warranty is useless.

• Sh
    Shelley Smith Jan 23, 2008

We purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer in March of 2006 with the extended warranty. Within 6 months, we had repair people out at least twice. The washer would not drain. Sears sent the same repairman each time. He told us the first time he had not been trained on this washer since they were fairly new. He spent his time on the computer and with a cell phone glued to his ear getting advice on how to fix the washer. Both times, he ended up ordering parts and told us to call to schedule an appt. once the parts arrived. The "brain" of the washer had died and had to be replaced. One of the "brains" he ordered didn't work and we went for over a month w/o a washer due to waiting on parts to arrive. I think overall we've had to call Sears 3 times for problems. Now again the washer is not working properly. The lemon law states if you have a repair person out 5 times within a 12 month period, Sears will replace the machine. Well, lucky us, we keep missing that 12 month period. We've had it with the machine and we're buying a new washer this week. It will NOT be a Sears model. And Vincent, I agree with you. The machine bunches up the clothes and does not clean them. We can put a blanket in and it comes out DRY in the middle. A waste of money and our time having to run to the laundry mat to do our wash.

• Kr
    kristy clarkson Feb 03, 2008

We bought our Oasis HE on January 22 of 2008. When I washed my first load of laundry I noticed there was a little bit of water on the floor underneath the front of the washer. It hadn't happened again until tonight-February 3. I am getting more nervous by the day. All of our clothes come out of the washer so wrinkled that if I wanted to air dry anything I would have to spend 30 minutes ironing a single item. I have pulled clothes out of the dryer that are still wrinkled. As a matter of fact, most of our clothes come out of the dryer wrinkled. My husband and I were very excited when we purchased the set at Sears. We even bought the tower that goes between the washer and dryer. I called Sears and of course they will take the items back but we will have to pay a 15% restocking fee. That's approximately $325.00. I feel like the Oasis HE is extremely hard on clothes even if you change the spin cycle to be easier on clothes. I don't think it is the spin cycle. I believe the clothes get so wrinkled and tangled up due to the washing action. My husband has played with the machine. He thinks we should try the "no spin" on the spin speed. Are you kidding me? I just paid $2400 for this set and I am supposed to use no spin for my loads?! I am VERY disappointed at this point. I absolutely love the look of the machines and the fact that the machines save water and energy. However, after trying to dewrinkle a load of clothes 2 or 3 times with no luck, I don't think we are saving any energy. My husband thinks we should give our machines a chance but.... I just don't see how the clothes are getting clean. As much as I hate to admit this-when the Whirlpool Calypso came out I told my mother I would love to have a set someday. She advised me against it. Mom told me to stay with an agitator. Should've listened to her. I think we should eat the $300 and something dollars, get our money back and go to Lowe's to purchase a new set. Any suggestions?

• Be
    Becky Baker Feb 04, 2008

I must agree with all the complaints here. I hope I can save one person from buying the Sears Elite Oasis Washer (Large capacity). I love the dryer.

The machine twists and tears/weakens my jeans. I wish I'd never bought it. Does anyone know if the front loader has as many problems?

My husband bought me the washer/dryer combo for Christmas. I wish I had my old agitator back..

Paul & Pat - Suckers Feb 19, 2008

We purchased our Kenmore Elite Oasis HE in May of 2006, and just yesterday had trouble with the washing machine working. After reading all the complaints on this machine, I must agree that the defective part should have been recalled by Sears. We trusted Sears with a variety of large purchases, but if they won't stand by a defective part that they are aware of, I will try to start a crusade of my own to not trust Sears again. We spent over $2,000 on the two machines, and if I wanted a throwaway that would cost me the same as the repair bill Sears will not see my business in the future. It seems to my limited knowledge of these machines, that the control boards are very weak, and very well could be the Time Delay switch is shutting down the whole machine. If I knew what wire controlled the Time Delay it would already be cut. I am going to contact Sears and see if they will satisfy me, if not their repair man will not touch this machine. Thanks to all for making comments on this disposable unit.

Rocio Rodriguez Feb 20, 2008

I purchased The Oasis He in April 2006 as an early wedding present to myself. This Washer is so horrible and extremely delicate. I had minimal problems for the first year and then for the last couple of months, my washer took a turn for the worse. It "beeps" throughout the ENTIRE cycle, that is if i can even get it to start when i want. When i press the start button, it automatically goes to the delay start option. I have to keep coming back and to attempt to press start throughout the whole day! Also i don't think it is washing my clothes right because sometimes they come out with a mildewy smell and i have to rewash them. I had a repairman from come look at it and he couldn't fix it, he said he has heard that these models are very bad and didn't want to experiment with my washer by attempting to fix it. He said that most Sears repair men won't know what to do either. He said my only option is to find someone that has experience with that machine or else replace it.

MARK LAWLEY Mar 02, 2008

MY WIFE AND I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT THE MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHING MACHINE FROM SEARS. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. THE MACHINE WAS ALWAYS BREAKING DOWN. I LEARNED OF THE LAWSUIT AGAINST MAYTAG FOR THE NEPTUNE. I FILLED OUT ALL THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK AND WHEN MAYTAG LOST THE SUIT I CONTACTEDD THEM ABOUY GETTING MY NEPTUNE REPLACED OR REPAIRED. THEY TOLD ME I WASA NOT ON RECORD AND REFUSED TO HELP ME EVEN THOUGH THEY ADMITTED THEY LOST THE SUIT AND THE MACHINE WAS A LEMON. I CONTACTED SEARS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY ON THE NEPTUNE BECAUSE OF THE LAWSUIT AND IT WAS A LEMON. WHEN WE BOUGHT THE NEPTUNE IT CAME WITH A TEN YEAR WARRANTY FROM MAYTAG AND A FIVE YEAR WARRANTY FROM SEARS. I GUESS THE WARRANTIES ARE ONLY GOOD AS LONG AS THE MACHINE IS WORKING. WE TOOK OUR LOSSES AND JUNKED THE NEPTUNE THEN WENT BACK TO SEARS AND BOUGHT A KENMORE ELITE OASIS. NOW THIS WASHING MACHINE IS FALLING APART AND IT IS ONLY A YEAR OLD. SEARS PRODUCTS ARE WORTHLESS AND THEIR SERVICE AND WARRANTIES ARE A JOKE. I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST SEARS FOR THEIR TERRIBLE SERVICE AND PRODUCTS.

• Fe
    Fern Taylor Mar 11, 2008

I am having problems with my Kenmore Elite toploading washer. The machine is not broken. The problem is that the technology doesn't work.

Problems with Kenmore Calypso Top Loading Washer
    For 3 years, it has been a struggle to get our clothes clean. I often feel that I would be better off going to a laundramat. I am very disappointed with this machine. It does not work. Please read the following problems:

1) Clothes, bedding and linens do not get clean. They do not get fully saturated during the wash and rinse cycles.
    2) After a complete washing, a twin size comforter is dry in many spots. After drying comforter, there are white spots all over. That is the soap that was never rinsed out during washing. The salesman at Sears said that the machine could wash a king size comforter. It can’t even clean a small twin size.
    3) During last service call, while observing the wash cycle, you could see that the clothes are not being tossed around enough so that all surfaces get wet and properly rinsed.
    4) I only can wash 4 towels at a time to make sure that they get clean. I also have to select an additional rinse and additional spin. The salesman at Sears said that you can was 12 towels in one load.
    5) Brand new towels have shredded. Lots of threads pulled out of them. I returned the towels (thinking that they were of poor quality). I bought new ones and the same thing happened.
    6) The towel problem happened since the machine was brand new. A serviceman came to check out the machine. He said it was okay and the problem was with my older Kenmore dryer. He said that the gasket was old and had hardened causing the towels to be damaged. The repair would be costly, so the repairman said that I might as well purchase a new dryer. I purchased a brand new dryer and that did not solve the problem. It was the washer all along. So, I did not need to purchase a brand new dryer.
    7) After washing dark clothes and drying them, there is white soap residue that remains on the clothes.
    8) The machine is supposed to conserve water and energy. Why should we have to select an extra rinse and spin cycle to get our clothes clean?
    9) Please note: We never overload the machine.
    10) This machine does not clean our clothes.

• Sh
    Sharon S. Holland Mar 12, 2008

This is the most I ever spent on a washing machine, over $1000. I tried to force Sears to take it back from the beginning. They led me through a long process of requiring service calls before I could return and then after I did everything they asked, I was told "Sears is NOT in the business of exchanging washing machines!" and refused to do another thing. I can't afford to buy anything else and this machine has literally ruined my life. It ruins anything washed in it, nothing comes out clean, clothes that have been washed together safely for years have faded all over each other - and I use cold water! Clothes instantly look worn and old after washing in this machine, if they aren't ruined outright, and I have had many things literally torn to pieces. Any thin material or anything with trim is guaranteed to come apart after a few or even just one cycle. Seams come apart and and lace is ripped off no matter what setting you use. There is no longer any such a thing as 'wash and wear'. No hope of just putting what comes out of that thing in a dryer and shaking and folding without having to iron like I've always been able to do with many types of clothing. Everything comes out tied in unbelieveable knots that are almost impossible to get apart, not just wrinkled for that cycle, but with permanent incredible creases that can't even be ironed out in many cases. They are trying to tell me this is less wear on clothing and linens? An outright lie and Sears knows it. Not only is it not less wear, even just one cycle in the machine makes everything look like it's ten years old. Nothing comes out bright or even smelling like it's been washed. I know these machines are tearing up everyone's clothes because they sent a service person to replace the center agitator or spinner with a newly designed piece, unsolicited. It made no difference at all. And the serviceman himself told me they had to replace all of them and that the machines are no good. If I want to save anything I have to handwash or send to the cleaners, which I can't afford. I just heard about a class action lawsuit against Sears, but it's too late for me to join it. I've always had mountains of laundry to do always because I have three sons, so the effect it has had on our life is unbearable. If you buy this machine you will own a big metal ornament and there is no rememdy, you are helpless to do anything about it. Sears is a dishonest thug.

jo Mar 29, 2008

Same problem here. I'm actually looking into lawfirms that'd be interested in taking on Sears. Is anyone else looking into a class action lawsuit?

• St
    Stephanie Notter Mar 31, 2008

Bought a Kenmore Washer 5 months ago. Washer broke down. I called and scheduled service with Sears and even told Sears what I believed the problem was. They showed up as scheduled and sure enough the part that I said was bad, was bad. However the repair man didn't bring that part with him. Repairman said that he would order the part and have delivered on Thursday and do the repair on Friday. The repairman even gave me a printed document with the date of the repair service. The Wednesday before the repair, Sears called and said that they ordered the part and I confirmed that it would be delivered on Thursday and that they would be here on Friday to repair. Told yes. Friday came and went and no repair. I called and was told that I NEVER had an appointment and that they would reschedule for Saturday, between noon and 5:00PM. I said that is the Saturday before Easter and you need to be here today or tomorrow (Saturday) at 8:00 AM. I was told no. I asked who was going to pay the 5 hours of income that I am out because they didn't show. I work for myself so no paid vacation. They told me again that I didn't have an appointment. Asked them to call the repairman and ask him what the deal is. Never got a response to that. The store told me that I have to understand that I didn't really call Sears to do the repair that they hire outside companies and that it isn't their fault! You have to be kidding! I am not having Sears back in my home. I had someone else fix the machine and am cutting up my credit card and will not do business with Sears again.

kell Apr 07, 2008

I was so excited about the Kenmore Oasis wash machine that I ordered it before it was even out, back in 2006. I saw the machine on Home Make over and was sold. Little did I know this was a HUGE mistake. One month before the year warranty the whole computer system went out. The Sears repairman said "This has happened, quite abit" Thank God I had the warranty because he told me it cost $1000.00 for the computer. It wasn't a month later that there was a foul odor coming from the detergent compartments. Again, I called the Sears repairman and he said it was water setting on the bottom "getting stail" I wash atleast 2 loads aday. How i the world could that happen?He took the drum apart and cleaned it After about 3 or 4 weeks the smell was back, I called him back. He came and the odor was so bad that he said it was sewer back up. Not the washer. So I called a plumber which said, it was the washer not flushing the rinse water and the water backed up. So I called the Sears man again. He told me that the machine was a lemon and to call a certain number. I called and the person told me that it was to late to declare it a lemon. What a Crock!!! I had the Sears repairman to call and tell of all the problems and yet no luck. So I'm stuck with a smell machine that I use the machine clean cycle almost twice a week to stop the smell.

Deb Apr 12, 2008

Oh My God! I have never been so dissapointed in any product in m life. I too purchase the Sears Oasis in 2006. I was so excited knowing I was getting the latest and greatest merchandise on the market. Well what a piece of JUNK...We all need to boycot Sears for selling such an inferior product and not backing it. I have a family of four and like others I wash clothes a lot. It is not convenient to pack up stuff and go to a laundry mat. Right now, I have a washer filled with clothes that's just STOPPED mid-cycle. I am so frustrated. This is the second time in less than 6 months I have had to call Sears to place a repair request. And of course, it at least a week before a repair person can come out. SO WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!!! My husband was told during our last repair stint... that under your warranty you could get a loaner unit. I'm thinking okay... What that is - is you arranging to have a rental unit brought to you home... you paying the cost up front...and then getting reimbursed by Sears... RIGHT...
    I am so frustrated that I am going to INCURR another expense and buy another washers... I just want this washer OUT OF MY HOUSE...

Kathy Apr 14, 2008

I purchased the Oasis washing machine and dryer 2 years ago. I did not purchase the extended warranty. My thought was that a $2000 set should last longer than a year. I thought they were wonderful at first. The washing machine needs to be recalled. IF I can get it to start, it beeps nonstop. If I do not unplug the machine when the lid is open, it will start spinning and spraying water. This could be very dangerous! It has happened when I am reaching in to get laundry. I will be calling Sears to see how much it will cost to fix, however, I don't think that it is worth fixing. I have been noticing a mildew smell also. I would love to find out the Sears is recalling the machines or that there is a class action lawsuit.

Chuck Murtha Apr 14, 2008

We purchased the oasis over a year ago with complaints from day one about the wrinkled clothes. The sears person told us we weren't using the machines correctly. We also noticed the large amount of lint and the foul smell from the washer(after long nose searching). We were back several times through the year warranty but the salesman said it wasn't the machines fault. Last week we were in the store and the new sales person said the owner (who sold us the machines) had had several complaints against him and they bought him out to get rid of him. Now it's my word against nobodys that this problem was never attempted to be fixed. I would join a suit against them.

Patrick Apr 16, 2008

Our machine broke down after a few months. It was a sock stuck in the pump. The repairman said that the machines were prone to that. Now it has been over a year, and we are out of warantee. The same problem has occurred. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I love the capacity, but it looks like this design is really bad. Sears ought to cover these obvious design flaws.

kathy May 04, 2008

i brought my washer in april 2007 i did buy the extended
    warranty thank God but trying to get it repaired has been
    a true nightmare i have been without a washer since april 19th
    2008. they tell me the parts are on back order i have called
    repeatly. i called 1-800-549-4505 the customer service complaint dept. several times finally receaching a danille who
    stated that i could rent a machine at rent a center and be reinbursed however rent a center wants alot of personal information that i don't want to give out so now im stuck going
    to the laundry mat . i have dealt with sears for 35 years and
    have never had any problems with service . i agree this washer
    needs to be recalled i would also join in a lawsuit.

Al Abernathy May 10, 2008

We bought the Oasis the first year it was available--2006. It ran well for 2 years and then the computer went bad. It runs through all the spin cycles as the machine is running and once it started running onits' own. The repairman was no help--"needs to be replaced".

judi May 11, 2008

I purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis in March of '07 w/o the extended warranty. Since then, it has ruined $500 worth of our clothing. I didn't realize it was the washer causing the tears in my clothes until right after the 1 year warranty was expired. I should've listened to my husband when he said to buy the washer with the agitator! I will try to call Sears on Monday morning, but I'm not very optimistic. Any advise from anyone who has dealt with the customer service department before?

joe May 28, 2008

first things first-the oasis does have some issues, but the truth is, most people dont know how the machine should and does work.read the owners manual.too many people compare it to thier old machine they used to have.it operates in different ways.example--uses less water, recirucalets water on to clothes and starts a slow spin at the begenning of the cycle to do this.theese features are regulated by the goverment.someday you will not be able to buy a deep fill washer, due to water waste.the oasis is made by whirlpool corp and sold under the kenmore name.cabrio washer and oasis washer are the same machine just look a little different but performe the same.the calypso washer is like the oasis.very misunderstand machine.whirlpool did have some pump issues with the calypso washer, but many were consumer abuse.example--bra's go in a knit bag along with lingerie!problem is bra underwire loosens from bra and gets into pump.not the machine's fault.anyways back to the oasis its all digital and electronically controlled which is what attracts people, along with the the pretty color, and with that in mind all the people who sent negative remarks about the oasis need to remember how many times they have home computer issues, and dont know why.well its because its smarter than you and me, like the oasis washer is.read and understand the manual, and if you have a glass top watch the washer run.

• Am
    Amy Jones May 30, 2008

I have an Oasis and they are junk. Reading the owner's manual has nothing to do with the poor design of this machine. It is terrible. My machine has broken down five times since I bought it in Dec of '07. It is such a pain to go to the laundromat. Mine isn't a pretty color and was purchased because we are foster parents and need a good washer to get large batches of clothes clean. I would like my money back to buy a quality washer. As of tonight my washer isn't spinning. Oh joy now I get to call Sears and wait, wait, wait. I hopr that there is a lawsuit in order to purchase new washers for all of us that trusted the Kenmore name. If you are researching this washer Don't Buy It!

• Cd
    C. Dodds May 31, 2008

Bought mine Dec 06. It's May 08 and I've enountered my first problem. I get an "F1" error at the start of the cycle, but it does go away after starting/stopping the machine 4 times. The "F1" error occurs again after about 24 minutes. I've got to start/stop 2-3 more times and then the error goes away again. It requires monitoring the load, which is getting very old -- but right now it's better than dealing with Sears' service. At least the clothes are being cleaned.

• Jb
    J. Boyd Jun 02, 2008

I bought our washer in Oct. 06. And now we are experiencing the same problem as everyone else. We start the machine and then the famous "F1" comes up and you have to stop/start the macine four times. Painful. Then with 16 minutes left in the cycle the "F1" comes up again and it is stop/start time again. I guess I won't be leaving the house with the washer going. DON'T BUY THIS MACHINE!!! It will upset your life.

SAMMY Jun 18, 2008

I too purchased the kenmore oasis washer and dryer set in November of 2006 thinking it was the greatest. I had never spent this much on a washer and dryer. I was relucdent but my wife really wanted it. The old washer and dryer was still in good shape after 13 years so why did we need a new set? After 358 days it stopped working. Lucky for us the warranty wasn't up yet. It needed a new computer board! WOW! Not even a year old. So of course we had to purchase the extended warranty just in case it breaks down again. And now we are just into June of 2008 and its making all kinds of loud noises. Time to call the repair guy again. If I can get it to last one more year I won't feel as bad when I throw this machine out the second floor window. What A Peice Of Garbage!

• Me
    Melba Matthews Jun 30, 2008

The Kenmore Oasis Elite is the worse washing machine I have ever owned. It knots your clothes which caused wrinkles. It has torn up socks, underwear, T shirts, napkins and dish towels. When I had the repair man out he recommended washing small loads and using laundry bags for small items. Now I have to sort our socks, small pieces and personal items into bags which is extra time. Plus now the machine has torn up to the laundry bags. I give up. I am going to attempt one more time to have Sears out and see if I can traded in the elite for one that doesn't run your clothes. DO NOT BUY the KOE model. Dryer works fine .

Royce Jul 01, 2008

We bought our washer and dryer Nov. '08 and have had the Sears repair man out 7 times! The first repairman did not know how to fix our machine and actually damaged it further. We have had the computer replaced, the control panel and now it looks as if the water pump is broken. Sears tells me that 4 "extraordinary" items must need to be replaced in order to request a new machine under the lemon rule. She also stated that I should spend the $150 for the extended warranty because "in the long run it would be cheaper" or she would be "willing" to give me a $100 off a new washer... waiting again for the repair man. I regret ever buying this machine and will never purchase another appliance from Sears.

• Li
    Linda Eckley Jul 09, 2008

We bought the kenmore Elite in 2006, now it decides to keep showing a F on it, and won't spin or drain the water. We called for service and told them the problem, so he should have had the part's with him. Well he didn't and has to order them and then we have to scedule another appointment. It has been over a week, and we haven't heard a thing. When the service guy was here, he told my husband you shouldn't wash your bathroom rug's in there because of the rubber backing. I said WHAT!!! Also when you wash bath towel's you should not throw the hand towel's in with them, HELLO, excuse me, why not? I am so sorry we bought those. I should have stayed with the old fashion set's, they were alot better. I had my old set for over 15 year's before I even had a problem. I am still waiting to hear something so I can get it fixed. We live in the country, so it take's a hour to get to a laundry mat. I am so disscusted with sear's, that I will never buy anything again from them. And also tell my family and friend's do not buy from sear's. They sure don't stand behind there product's!

• El
    Elsa Jul 15, 2008

We first bought Calypso in 2004 and all the t-shirts we owned had a hole on them. I called Sears so many times that they gave me a new washer...THE OASIS>>>Great I thought...This one is even worse!!!Last week it made a big hole in my sons Full Conforter.Will never again by anything at Sears!!!

Angela Jul 28, 2008

My washer is a NIGHTMARE. I have an Kenmore Oasis toploader. I have had it for 15 months now and it has been repaired twice and now is in need again. The washer has started turning on by itself and going through a wash cycle with nothing in it. When we try to turn it off, it won't respond. We unplug it and when we re-plug it in... it sparks. NIGHTMARE. Now with the sparking, I am afraid of a fire hazard. Sears will do nothing. NOTHING. They don't care. They just want to send repairman after repairman. I have for my entire life, and my parents also, have always purchased our major appliances from Sears. We no longer will...

Jeremy Aug 04, 2008

I to purchased the Kenmore Oasis HE washer October 2006. The washer has been a NIGHTMARE!!! On July 22, 2008, while washing clothes the washer flashed a code F50 with green light flashing. Of course clothes were wet!!! I called sears and guess what had to wait, wait, and wait a week for a repair man. The repairmen came and told me he had to order the part. I was like what the crap this part has malfunctioned on SEVERAL washers and sears has to ORDER it. Doesnt make since to me. Well today August 04, 2008 the repair came to install the new parts on the washer. I began to wash clothes after he finished repairing it and GUESS WHAT...It stopped mid cycle with the same darn F50 code. I called sears again and i have learned that these people just dont give a crap!!! A guy named Samuel told me that i would have to call back tomorrow at 0800 and request a new repair service. I hate this washer and hate sears. I will NEVER NEVER purchase anything from sears ever again has long as i live!!! I would like to find out information about if there is a lawsuit ongoing with this washer. If anyone body is researching this washer because your interested in purchasing it PLEASE take all of our words and DONT BUY IT. It will cause constant turmoil...

• Li
    Lisa Aug 05, 2008

I'm right there with most of you about the problems with this machine, except the person that said to read the manual and that this machine is different from others. Well, yeah it's different. It's a piece of crap! Why in the world would you have to have a "plan" as to how much of what item you can put in it at any time? We have to babysit this machine because of the F1 error code... I don't even know what that means and when I called Sears they told me to unplug it and go through all these other steps and it would reset the machine. And then she politely said "these steps are all in your owners manual, so if it happens again, refer to your owner's manual." Well, I've read the owner's manual and if those steps had been in there I wouldn't have had to call the service dept., would I? No! There is nothing in my owner's manual about an F1 code. There's something on several other codes, but not F1. Well, these steps did nothing to help the problem. The repairman is due out tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he says, but I hate this machine... like the dryer fine. What happened to just being able to put your clothes in the washer, put in the soap, turn on the machine and walk away??

Kathy Aug 12, 2008

I spoke to a Sears representative in their recall department today. Sears is planning on making an annoucement to "update' certain part on these washing machines. When the annoucement is going to happen I do not know. My model number is 110.27062600. My machine is included in the announcement. Everyone who is having issues please contact Sears. The more complaints maybe the sooner the announcement! Thanks!

Ralph Aug 13, 2008

Well...I 've had this washer since Sept '06 and really haven't had the problems that most of you talk about. We've seen the error codes, but what I really have problem with is the excessive noise and how it easily goes out of balance by bunching all the clothes to one side. I went to Sears today and same woman that sold us ours still worked there. I was ready to buy another washer and sell this one for a great loss and she said there was an agitator problem with some models of the Oasis. Why doesn't Sears send a note to me if there's a problem? They don't seem to forget to send me a card to replace the water filter on the refridgerater every six months... that we purchased at the same time. Well I told her I would look on the net and see if there is a problem and low and behold look at all this. My wife and I have been tolerant of this machine so I hope there is a fix. Sorry to see so many people with these problems.

Jenny Aug 23, 2008

We bought the Kenmore Oasis Elite Washer/Dryer Set (Quietpak 9-suppose to be extra quiet) in early 2006...THIS WAS THE WORST PURCHASE EVER IN MY LIFE. I will be contacting BBB to file a complaint on the product...it was supposed to be the CREME DE LA CREME...NOT TRUE...it is the WORST OF WORST. Customer Service Dept. was awful/salesman didn't care-he got his bonus already when we purchased the "thing". Sears even wanted to charge like $80 just to talk to a technician...the machines are beeping with all kinds of error codes that's not referenced in the manual. If you are not experiencing problems now...you are the lucky ones...however you will not know what the future will hold on those machines. I will NEVER buy another SEARS/KENMORE product again. THIS WHOLE THING IS A "LEMON". There should be a recall on the model but of course they will not because everytime you call Sears...the representatives denies any issues...if Sears do not admit to selling "lemons" ..then why would they recall the product. Hopefully if there are enough complaints to the BBB...maybe they will listen & do what is morally right!

Sears Bad Aug 23, 2008

I purchased the Kenmore Oasis Elite Washer 27087603 and Dryer 67087600 on 1/30/07 with 3 year MPA for $2728.24.
    The washer is junk. It Doesn't clean clothes ... just sort of whooshes them in 6 inches of water, gets clothes knotted into a twisted mass, then spins the heck out of them. It makes a better extractor than a washer.
    The dryer works quite well (for now).

Just started getting the "F1" error ... have to babysit the washer...sometimes 8 start/stops are needed.

Call Sears ... tell them problem...plus I want the yearly "Preventative Maintenance" performed on both machines, per my warranty contract.

Tech shows up as scheduled ... runs a diagnostic test on washer, gets the F1 error ... then runs another test that proceeds thru steps C1 to C9.
    Does the C1 to C9 test again...Says " That reset the machine, may have cleared sand blockage, fixed other issues caused by power spikes, power losses, etc.".
    Sounds like a bunch of hocus, pocus to me...so while he is attempting a quick get-away, I start a "normal" cycle.
    As most thinking people would have guessed ... I get the F1 error immediately ... the "magic" diagnostic test didn't clear/fix anything.

He says ... Ahh, I'm glad "we" did that !
    We ?

Now...he has to order a computer module ... heaven forbid he actually carry parts so he can do "actual repairs " !

No preventative maintenance was performed either ... that wasn't on his work order .
    Geesh !

So, now waiting for 3-4 days for part to arrive ... then having to call to schedule another service call.

Was the first appearance a "service" call ?

I better tell the Sears representative to make sure he brings tools, hopefully avoiding additional wasted "service" visits.

My business with Sears is done ... for good.

• Br
    Brittany Ford Aug 26, 2008

We finally broke down and bought a new washer and dryer set and thought that Sears would be the place to go. My parents had always bought Kenmore appliances so we thought we would do the same. BIG MISTAKE!!! Within 6 months the dryer's computer kept flashing "check lint screen". I did this after every load, but I did it again. Finally, we had to have the repairman come out and after two weeks of waiting for the part, he came back and switched out the computer. NOW the washer is acting crazy. It all started in the middle of the night when I awoke hearing a beeping noise. I went all through the house listening for the noise and when I looked in the laundry room I see the lights on the washer flashing. I turn on the light in the room and the washer begins to spray water and spin WITH THE LID UP!! I had to unplug it to get it to stop. Now, it is almost impossible to get it to start at all. We have to keep pushing start, unplugging it, plugging it back in, push start again, walk away, come back and try again. My husband and I have thought seriously about going to the Sears in Louisville, KY (which is where we bought it) to stand in front of this set to warn people not to buy it. If you are interested in joining us...just e-mail. We'll set up a double date at the Sears!

Marlene Lebel Sep 04, 2008

Same story here; you may be interested that I've found many complaints about this washer & good suggestions here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t295790-kenmore_elite_oasis_top_load_washing. My husband just today after reading up on it got the thing to work from start to finish by using the BULKY setting.

I previously had a Maytag Neptune, got shafted out of the class action lawsuit because I didn't report the problems earlier & didn't have a repair man dink with it. Then bought this piece of "art" work. After year warranty is up, F1 errors galore. I do think a class action suit is in order.

I ordered a new control unit only to be emailed week after week, the part is back ordered & push out yet another week. Two months spending $40 a week at the laundromat could have bought me a working washing machine. :-(

There is a Sears recall line 1-800-659-7026. I was told an official recall is in the works for October. Good luck everyone!

Sears Bad Sep 04, 2008

Follow Up to my post 12 days ago.
    The computer module arrived...and the technician was to arrive tomorrow(Fri.) to install.
    Also asked to have the preventative maintenance done at the same time.
    That is not possible according to Sears, it would be a different tech, another service visit !
    After almost an hour on the phone with them ... I ended up canceling the Service Contract.
    But for the Dryer only.
    I could not cancel the contract on the washer because I have an "Open Ticket for Service".
    Or I would have to send the part back, even though it was ordered while under contract.

They make this whole process as inconvenient as possible to the consumer.
    The phone representative even got argumentative with me ... like I was being unreasonable
    to want the repair and maintenance done at the same time.
    I value my time even if they do not, and will not make multiple appointments for service that should be done in one visit.

I even told them that as soon as the Sears tech leaves, I will still cancel the washer contract.
    If Sears thought they were going to strong-arm me, they were wrong.

I installed the new module myself in about 15 minutes (not rocket science here), the washer now works without the F1 code.
    I'm not waiting for more excuses and delays.
    But since they insist on sending a "tech", he can accomplish the task of carrying away the old part.

What a wasteful organization Sears is.

What a shame Sears has become what it is ...

anissa williams Sep 16, 2008

i'm highly upset with my kenmore oasis washing machine. i had a full load of clothing, when all of a sudden it just went out. now i'm stuck with a washing machine full of water. it does not make any sense that i purchase this machine april 19, 2007 and now it want work.now i'm back at square one. i must take my clothing to a washer service. i thought i made a good choice but i was wrong. also the lid is locked so you can't get your clothing out. i feel like it should have a emergency switch.

Sears Bad Sep 19, 2008

UNplug the thing.

Without power, the darn thing can't hold on to your clothes.

You should wash clothes in the river.

anissa williams Sep 22, 2008

i wish i have not purchased the kenmore oasis . it just stopped running.the computer chip just went out on it . i come out better just taking it to a junk yard than fixing it. i want kenmore to know that i thought their products was good but i see i made a mistake. i purchase my washer in april 2007 and now i'm in the process of buying another machine. also i have a problem with it locking and there was no way to get your clothes out in an emergency, it should have a switch. i think i bought nothing but junk, and i'm going to make sure everyone knows it.

• Le
    Letty Oct 01, 2008

i bought the kenmore elite he top load washer in may of 06 great until you have a problem. then before sears will send out a repairman they want to charge you 70.00. no i did not spend the money for the extended warranty, when you spend over a thousand dollars for an appliance like that it should last longer than just a couple of years. i have now been without a washer for 3 months. and there is just one excuse after another why the electronic control are not arriving. and to joe you cant operate a machine when the damn thing is broken and you cant get the part. it is not misunderstood it is defective!!!

AL Oct 02, 2008

I am reading all these comments for the first time; they are ALL TRUE this machine is a piece of crap! I purchased one in '06 - the computer went out within 30 days!! I should have known then! It has now gone out again, plus the control panel on top of that. Sears has been out to my house FOUR times within last month. I just sent an email to their CEO (hoping the email I used is correct). I'm fed up after spending that kind of money on a washer. I'm hoping that they are willing to fix or preferably replace (I said it was a LEMON). I like the class-action idea. Obviously from all these comments, this machine is worthless.

kem wallace Oct 08, 2008

here is another dead kenmore oasis elite top loader purchased in 06.
    washer full of clothes and i'm on day one of a twelve day wait for the serviceman to come and tell me he needs to order parts that might come in
    sometime, and from the sounds of all these complaints probably is'nt going to work. any word on a recall of these machines? class action doesn't sound as good, but something needs to be done. what, no lawyers got screwed by buying one of these over priced lemons?

• Pe
    Penny Carlson Oct 09, 2008

We have also had the misfortune of buying this "dream" machine...it has been a nightmare. It, too, has woken us up in the middle of the night, beeping, starting a cycle on its own, shaking, spinning. We've named it the "possessed machine" and often have prayed just to get one more load washed! We have not had any clothes tear/damaged, but we have had similar experiences of clothes being balled together, permanently "wrinkled" along with the mildew-type odor. We are at the point where we have to stop the cycle to empty the water and push another button for the rinse cycle to begin to finish the load. It beeps, the numbers race up and down the keyboard/pad. We've had the Sears technicians out and for only $500+ they can replace the "brain" as someone else has mentioned. We, too, had a Neptune previously and replaced it with this more expensive model because of the "glowing reports" from the sales people. We did not purchase the warranty, who thought that a machine over $1, 000 would need additional coverage! We also have to unplug the machine at night, if we want to be assured of a night's rest. It is sad, indeed, to have paid for service and quality and to be so let down by Sears and their inefficient products. For months I bragged about this machine, now it is a subject of disgust and I freely tell/advise anyone not to buy this product.

Sears Bad Oct 11, 2008

The local store no longer carries that line.
    Seems it died due to lack of interest.
    The whole store looked aweful.
    I was there to spend my 120 dollar credit for cancelling the warranty.

It took an hour to find 102 dollars worth of the crap they now sell.
    Sears is dead.
    Employess milling about, asking " Can I help you ?", then walking away dejected before you respond.
    It was horrible.
    What an aweful store.

A class action would be like sueing a squirrel.
    They are done.

Hey Sears, next time a customer request you actually "fix and preventative maintenance " what my warranty contract states, maybe you will remain a viable business.

Become a hardware business, Craftsman is all that keeps you alive.

Sears has horrible CRAP, people...buy nothing from them but wrenches.

Kenmore pots and pans...me and my wife laughed at that !

Susan Black Oct 12, 2008

I read all of the complaints and totally agree. I did not buy the warranty as I figured this was the cost of two other machines, so it must be twice as good. NOT!! When it broke, I waited forever for someone to come out, ordered parts that didn't come, then two control consoles came to their warehouse, he brought out one that was broken - but had already sent the other one back, we cannabalized the controls I had for a knob and switched out the one on the top console - my idea actually, as I couldn't wait another two weeks. Then there was a recall part that took a couple of weeks to get installed - waiting for delivery and then the repairman. I am constantly getting odd messages of unbalance and beeping. I do not over fill the machine. Washing clothes is "a chance I take" every time I push the power button. The clothes are VERY wrinkled.

The repairman also told me that no one knew how to work on the machines and they were all sort of guessing - gee that makes me NOT want to call them. The repair company A & E Service Repair is a subsidiary of Sears. If their washers and dryers worked, they would put their subsidiary out of business. It is a vicious cycle here.

My husband thought he was doing me a favor buying this washer and helping with water reduction. I'm with all of you on this being a lemon machine. I would participate in a "replacement" suit - not the same machine, I want a spindle old style one - that would make me happy!

Does this look like a happy face? :> (

Anthony Oct 13, 2008

We've had the Kenmore Elite Oasis for 2 years. After the guarantee of 1 year, it started bugging out. The Washer will stop and beep during mid-cycle, and so it will have to drain all the HOT water and start over again so that the clothes get washed. It will stop and BEEP not just on the first cycle, but even 2nd, 3rd and 4th! What a waste of energy, draining all the hot water to start over again. Why does the circuit board have to malfunction after the guarantee is up! BEEP BEEP BEEP! Story of my life.

• Ci
    Cigar Oct 13, 2008

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE (2yrs old) just one day decides not to power up. Unplugging and then plugging back in only causes it to beep once.

Replaced controlled board on my own by purchasing $150 upgraded version from internet site. Got 3 loads done in one night. 1 week later machine was totally dead. Put in old board and still dead, so I returned new board stating it did not resolve my issue.

Called Sears repair service since I didn't know what else to do and paid $200 for them to come out and cover any parts under $100 (+ 1 yr. warranty or any parts bought). Repair man shows up tests control board and figures out it is dead. He says replacement board needs to be ordered and I'll get it in a week and they will send someone over to install. He left and I kept machine unplugged.

Next day I plug it in (for the hell of it...) and it powers up. 3 loads are completed with no problem. This leads me to believe I am not experiencing an issue with the control board and something else is causing it to not power up.

Any one with a clue what could be the culprit???

• Ki
    Kim Gough Oct 17, 2008

I agree absolutely with all these posts. Machine is faulty. My Oasis is juat two years old and already we are seeing the F1 error. My old machine was fifteen years old. At ten years had to replace bearings and gasketts.

This machine does not do what the Sears Representative said it would do.

In a prior post an 800 number for recall service is given. Hope everyone uses it. The more people who complaine the sooner we will get the problem resolved. Please make sure you tell the Sears rep that there is a class action lawsuit pending(find it online) and you may be participating in it if you do not get helped. Maybe that will move them faster.

Here is a solution I found on line, it may work for you as well. Look at:(http://applianceguru.com/forum11/10381.html)

"Well, to continue the story, before we loaded the machines for return my son ( the electrician) says, "let me look at it". Within minutes the motor and top panel are taken apart and he has cleaned all the motor, hall effect sensor and computer harness electrical connectors with Cramolin R-100L. We run through the F51 diagnostics in the manual downloaded from the Whirlpool site. It works fine. Two days and six loads later, it's still working with no problems. "

Hope this helps you all.

Personally I will have this printout from "applianceguru" on hand when the repairman shows up and make him do just what this man has done. Will make sure I have this Cramolin R-100L on hand as well, just in case they do not have it.

I believe in proactive consumerism. Big buisness should not be able to sell us lemons at huge costs without redress.

Good luck!!

Marlene Jackson Oct 18, 2008

Please warn everyone you know to NOT buy this washer. It is a total waste of money. Sears knows there is a problem - it is documented all over the internet. I can find no info on a recall and don't think there will be one. There is a class action lawsuit but I don't know if it will come to anything or not. Just another example of corporate America screwing the little guy. They have their money and are still selling the washers and Sears could care less that the washers they sold are defective. I will never purchase another item of any type from Sears. Check out this site and see all the problems people are having with these washers. http://www.fixya.com/support/t286969-f1_error_code_kenmore_oasis

Maria Oct 20, 2008

I'M WITH ALL YA'LL, THE QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK, I'M A HOUSE WIFE AND IT TOOK ME 6 MONTHS OF WORKING ON YHE FARM TILL 12:00 AND 1:00 IN THE MORNING, AND I'M NOT THAT YOUNG ANYMORE, ITS HARD TO WORK THAT LATE, ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK, PLEASE HELP ME, IF ANY ONE HAS FOUND A WAY OF GETTING THERE MONEY BACK, PLEASE LET THE REST OF US KNOW HOW WE CAN DO IT TO, THERE HAS TO BE A WAY, I DID NOT WORK TILL ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT TO TOSS $2, 000.00 DOLLARS IN TO THE TRASH, DO NOT BUY THIS WASHER AND DRYER, YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID.

Maria Barnum Oct 23, 2008

I cant beleive how many complaints I have seen on the Elite Oasis Washer. We bought it in August, 2006, and so far the repairman has been out 4 times. I have spent hundreds at the laundramat. I have a family of six and was thrilled with the large capacity, but I never new $1000 washer could be this bad.
    It is a lemon. I have asked Sears if they can replace the machine and they flatly said "oh, we cant do that". Luckily I have the extended warantee. I will never buy another Sears product. I am letting everyone I know about this product the poor customer service, the endless wait for a service call, the wait for the part...count me in on a class action

Sears Bad Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps you all think Sears cares ?
    Just look at the recent CEO's looking to get their $70, 000, 000, 000 in bonuses AFTER running their companies into such a hole they have to beg Congress for a bail out.
    These people running these companies could care less about their customers.
    You are a potential open wallet.
    I am glad the economy will maybe kill off the conglomerations of MBA's and lawyers called Companies.
    They aren't Companies.
    They are the equivelent of mobsters.
    Hope they enjoyed their gold shower heads and toilets...time to pay the piper.

Jennifer mengis Oct 25, 2008

To all of you who have complained about the Sears Oasis line of washers and dryers - I am right there with you. But I must urge you to contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357 and file a complaint. If enough people file complaints about this product, then they will launch an investigation. I have both the washer and dryer. I purchased them in March of 2006. I did not purchase a extended warranty. I started having problems very early on, but then in February of '07, the motherboard on the dryer went out. Took them 3 months to fix! Now, the power supply mother board on the washer has gone out! I refuse to wait that long to get it fixed and I called every number I could find for Sears to complain. I am getting action, but still have dirty wet clothes locked in my washer!

Please don't just complain on websites like this, but take action! The FTC personnel were very nice and actually urged me to get online on these type of complaint websites to encourage others who are unhappy with these poorly built, poorly tested appliances that cost us all an arm and a leg and now don't work as promised to do something about it!

• Mi
    Mike Oct 26, 2008

I had the same problem: Just one day it decided not power on. Class action? http://toploadclassaction.com/index.php

pat haag Oct 26, 2008

I thought Sears was the best and stood behind there products-WRONG!!!my oasis elite washer flashes f1 f2 f3 so far no one has been able to fix it. No more sears for me. I have never paid so much for a washer in my life but thought I was getting the best and from a proven company. The washer I had was 15 years old from sears and was still running I just wanted a new larger one--wish I had my old one back

Sears Bad Oct 31, 2008

The FTC ?
    You want the government to protect you in a capitalist society ?
    You deep thinkers went to school twice in 9th grade.
    You wanna be socialist one minute, capitalist the next.

Don't buy from Sears ever again is the capitalist answer.
    Sue everyone in sight, and ask an already inflated goverment for help is the socialist answer.

The government's job is to build roads and bombs...not fix washing machines.
    You whiney "government outta do something" people got this current out of control situation of trillion dollar debt going !
    Government loves you sponges.

The washer is a piece of crap.
    I threw mine away.
    Learned a lesson though.
    I don't need the FTC...I just dumped Sears as a future supplier of my needs.
    That, my ###ic friends, is capitalism.

Courtney Nov 06, 2008

I am absolutely disgusted with Sears and will never purchase anything from them again. My washer (Mod 110.27087602) is a little over a year old and it is giving me every error code there is including ones that are not even in the manual. I get F51, 80, F2, C0-9. Yesterday I had to unplug it b/c it was doing it's own thing even though I wasn't even washing anything at the time. It actually turned itself on so it could beep all day and flash error codes at me. Absolutely ridiculous. I called Sears and was transferred from recall (not under any recall) to customer service (no help) to parts to find out how much this control panel would cost ($242.15 plus $109 for the repair man to come out). At that cost I am going to Best Buy and purchasing a new one for $314 and again I will never purchase from Sears again. PS. While on the phone about my washer, they informed me that there was a recall on my refrigerator light (never noticed that as a problem but did notice that my freezer doesn't close properly and that is not covered, of course.) Do not buy from Sears!!!

Kathy Hasara Nov 09, 2008

I agree, the washer and dryer are the worse appliances we have purchased in the last 35 years. I too, purchase the washer and dryer in 2006. The dryer was replaced the first few months, after Sears service tried to replace each part that took days in our home and we lost days of work. The washer was repaired at least twice in the first few months, and now 2 years later we continur to get a F51 code. I hesitate to call Sears for repairs because most of the technician do not know how fix the appliances. It's a disgrace how a company can get away with selling inferior products for so much money. Once again the consumer is left with no recourse. I even called the corporate offices and got nowhere.

David Young Nov 11, 2008

I also own one of these wonderful machines. Approximately 2 years after the purchase, I also started getting the F1 code. After reading the information on this page, I first called the 800-659-7026 number. I gave them the Model #110.27062600 and serial # CT1872394. I ask if there was a current recall on the Oasis HE washing machine. They looked and stated there wasn't. I then ask them why there were so many complaints on this washing machine on the internet with the same F1 problem. They then stated they were unaware of this and that nothing could be done at this time without sending a tech to check out the machine. I asked if there would be a fee for this and their responce... could be... I then mentioned the class action law suit that was listed on the internet and at this point they stated they could no longer discuss this and hung up... I also called 800-469-4663 and was met with a couple of hang ups after given them my phone number. Is this a way for Sears to handle their customers? Great service on Sears part and at this point I can replace the control board myself at a cost of $135.00. I will no longer consider Sears a place in which to buy appliances and will be looking elsewhere for the new appliances which include a new 52" LCD television this Christmas. Sears, may you find chapter 13 in your near future...

• Sl
    SLK Nov 14, 2008

I agree that when you pay over $1, 000 for a washer, you expect it to work longer than the warranty period. Mine conveniently for the manufacturer quit working within about a year and a half so the warranty no longer applied. Sounds like the circuit board/computer was a flawed part from the beginning and I think that Sears should cover the circuit board under a voluntary recall. For now, I just paid almost $200 for the part and I hope I can install it myself cuz I can't afford the repairman bill. I am disappointed because I expected much better quality for my $1, 000 but I guess you don't always get what you pay for.

JOHN SPENCER Nov 16, 2008

Bought Oasis at Sear's Black Friday sale in November '06. A couple of weeks before warranty was to expire, I called Sears about the plastic tub ring coming apart. Repairman came a week and half later. Said ring needed to be replaced and so did the main circuit board because it had shown a "F51" error somewhere in the past. Parts came in about 2 weeks.

Two months later, in late February "08, machine started showing F51 errors on a regular basis. Between scheduling with Sears and waiting on parts, I went about a month without using the machine because. A different repairman came this time, and he said that the first guy should not have replaced the circuit board. In the end, however, he didnt know what to do either and so he replaced the circuit board again. I told him I thought it had something to do with an impediment to the rotation of the tub. He said he was the professional, and he would change the circuit board.

The reason I thought it had something to do with the rotation of the tub was from reading complaints on internet. Several people online said that a 30 minute repair once or twice a year would solve the problem--that a substandard corrosive material had been used for a key part.

It wasnt but a month before F51 codes were a way of life for me. I read on the internet that you could hit the stop then start buttons and keep the thing going. I did this all summer. Then I figured out that quick turn of the tub by hand helped to keep away the F51 code. Over the past 2 months, I havent had much trouble and even complemented the machine to someone 2 days ago.

But I forgot to knock on wood. Yesterday morning, I washed one load of clothes with no problems. But the second, a load of towels, got hung up at 42 minutes (42 and 18 minutes were the 2 problem times within each cycle). I took out half the towels, then finally all the towels. Even with nothing in the tub, it couldn't get past about 42 minutes. The wet towels are now sitting in a basket on our front porch.

I dread dealing with Sears. Even their sales people admit that their service "sucks". I paid for an extended warranty, but may get whatever money is left back from it and go buy a cheap washer (not from Sears!). Couldn't be any worse than what I've got. I would gladly join in a lawsuit.

When the machine is working, I really like it. I haven't noticed the damaged clothes that others have mentioned. Also, the machine is on the second floor (the reason I bought it not and not a front loader) and I have a floor pan/drain underneath, so have not noticed any leaks.

I am not happy and hope that Sears pays for their poor record with the Oasis.

• Te
    Terry Nielsen Nov 21, 2008

Again another Elite Oasis owner with the non draining issuer and the F1. I also cannot beleive that a machine that costs $1000.00 does not work longer than 1 or 2 years. I have just started out with the F1 issue today, 2 loads 3 f1s. Hitting the stop/start buttons has worked but why should any of us have to deal with that.

I called the recall number 800-659-7026, there is still no reacall on the computer board, even though they are getting quite a few calls. Yes a tech can come out and maybe if the manufacturer decides you should be under the "fix it at no cost rule" you will not have a cost. But hey it is up to them. I have seen other manufactures send out faulty product to hit a lauch date and hope for the best, I am guessing that is what the manufacturer did in this case.

Please call the recall number if more of us protest, we will get results.

PS: To the person who posted a ways back that is the socialist, go to a different country and live. You can be a happy capitalist and still expect the product you purchase to work correctly and be fixed if it does not.

• Bc
    b. carr Nov 21, 2008

Never buy anything from Sears. After taking your money, No customer service. I am looking at 10 plus days without a washer. I paid over $1200 for machine, plus taxes, plus warranty. Getting codes. Service man stated that the machine was a problem. I am getting nowhere with Sears. They have been rude even to the point of hanging up and telling me to visit my local laundromat. I asked them to please overnight the parts, but they said, it would happen. NO HELP AT ALL. I would not recommend anyone buying this washer or anything from Sears. No truth in Customer Satisfication Guaranteed" I intend to notify everyone I know about this machine. I'm willing to join suit against them.

• Bc
    b. carr Nov 21, 2008

I should have stated in my comment. After asking them to overnight the parts, they told me, IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN...

Charlene Sanchez Nov 22, 2008

I found out how to get to them, went on line and filed through the Better Business Bueau and explained all the problems, and told them to solve it, I wanted it replaced. Well, Sears called me the other day and want to give me a 1, 000 dollars towards a new washer, mine is only 1 and half years old and is a osis he, now I am just scared of which washer to rebuy through Sears, I think I will call my repair guy and ask him which one he can work on not Sears repair, mine.

Jesse Nov 23, 2008

Heres a petition we can sign if your having the same problem:

Mark V. Dec 01, 2008

I just have a couple of things to say. We too purchased the Oasis Washer and Dryer. We had the repairmen out for the dryer so many times that we finally fought with Sears so much they finally gave us credit towards an LG dryer. Have had not one problem with it, goes to show (anything but Sears products). We now have a hose (part # 8182767) on our washer that has a leak in it and when washing a load of clothes we end up with a puddle on the floor every time. We too purchased the service contract (what a joke, don't waste your money). Basically, they tell you that they dont have a service person available for 15 days after you call in the complaint. So, instead I took the cover off the back and figured out which part was leaking all over the floor, called and had them send me a part (of course they wouldn't expedite the shipping because it was under the service contract and that would cost sears more money). I checked today to see the status of the part that was "supposed" to be shipped... To make a long story short, the part is on back order and Sears cant tell me when it will ship. Sears SUCKS!!! I will NEVER purchase a Kenmore/Sears appliance again. Actually, here is another little story... My wife and I were in Sears the other day and wanted to purchase a 300 dollar air hockey table for our children for Christmas. We couldn't get anyone to check us out. We were told that if we needed some help the other dept could help... The run around... I will never step foot in a Sears store again...not even to walk through it to get into the mall.

• Ss
    S Shoop Jan 03, 2009

I too purchased this piece of crap in Feb of 2007. For the past few days I have received the famous F1 code. Right now it is manageable because it only happens in the very beginning. However, I have had the same problem with the mildew smell. I thought this was due to the lid being down or forgotten clothes, but after reading this, I think it goes deeper than that. Sometimes I need to rewash clothes just to get the smell out. I will never buy anything from Sears again. Luckily we did not buy the matching dryer and opted for a cheaper non-computerized version. So far it's worked okay. Has anyone had any luck with the BBB or FTC? I don't even want to deal with Sears after reading all this. I did sign the petition and register with the class action lawsuit. I would like to be compensated for the 1000 I spent on this poc so I can buy something else. One should not have to purchase a new washer within 2 years. We need to get the message out and make sure more people file complaints. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC...who should we contact? I'm sure some news reporter somewhere purchased this poc also. We need to expose Sears and maybe we'll get somewhere!

• Mm
    M Miller Jan 26, 2009

I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and would encourage everyone on this list to do so immediately also. I don't know of any other way we can get help regarding this poor product! Here is the info. to do so:
    The BBB that will handle your complaint is:
    BBB Chicago & N. Illinois
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: http://www.chicago.bbb.org
    Filed against :
    Sears Holdings Corporation

I purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Automatic Washer on 7/9/2007 for $699.99 plus $60 delivery fee plus tax $55.48 for a total of $815.47 from Sears Retail Dealer Store, KS 03351. The cycle on/off beep signal beeps continually when you run the washer throughout the entire load. If you leave the machine plugged in when the machine is off, the machine will start up on its own, start filling water suddenly, weird stuff like that. I called Sears Repair Service Center and they finally had a serviceman call me a week later. I asked him how much it would cost to fix and he told me that it would cost $121 just to come into my house. When I told him what the machine was doing and that I had read on the web that it was probably a bad control board and that it sounded like it usually was a $400 repair, he agreed and said it would cost between a total of $350-450 to repair. I told him I'd have to discuss this with my husband and canceled him for that day. I think this is an unfair repair cost for a product that is only 2 years old plus it was a $699.99 machine and costs $400 to replace a control board????? Sears needs to recall this product. The problem is that people NEED their washing machine (like I do) so I either need to get this fixed or go out and buy a new one. This is very unfair to the consumer to be treated like this. I do not think the retail store should be charged for this problem because this is a producer issue.

Dave G Feb 09, 2009

I have bought a $700 ON SALE Sears Elite Oasis Washing machine in August of o6. We only do about 5 loads of clothes / week. After 2 years I have been getting a F1 code. The manual tells you with any F code press stop to clear the code and start again. If the code comes back then call for service. Before I called for service I googled the F1 problem and hundreds of people said that they've had the same problem and after calling for service the had to pay close to $400 for a new mother board that lasted 4 months. the only difference is that most of their washers went bad after 18 months. DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM OF SEARS & KENMORES GOOD NAME. THEY AREN'T THE SAME AS THEY USED TO BE!

David Young Feb 13, 2009

I fought the F1 error code for months. I ordered the motherboard online and repaired my Oasis washing machine back in December 2008. The cost for the control board complete with 2 day shipping was $151.00. The only tools needed for repair are a phillips screwdriver and a 1/4" nutdriver. Time to do the complete repair was approximately 20 minutes which included disconnecting the machine and pulling it out from the wall. The machine has now worked for 2 months with no problems. The control board is an upgrade from the original board...Why would Sears/Whirlpool need to upgrade these boards if there weren't a problem...Some secret Sears with take to chapter 13...I hope...

• Ly
    Lynne Feb 16, 2009

I'm in the same boat. First I had the Calypso. You would think I would learn my lesson. But no I say it was just a fluke. No fluke...just a Sears new-fangled junk washer. Now I have the Kenmore Elite Oasis. Problems again . At first I thought it must be me. Surely there couldn't be two lemons Wrong!!! This think excells at permanent wrinkles. Sometimes I actually have to unknot the items before I put them in the dryer. They still come out wrinkled so I have extra work pressing them. This does not happen on my mothers' machine or any other for that matter. Now the two year old unit is making weird noises and filling up with extra water. The service man came today and blithely informed me he gets the same complaints all the time. He ordered a valve and said the machine was filling normal (WRONG). HE also said to call when the part arrives and he will return. I have no faith in Sears. We have been DUPED!!

allan Feb 16, 2009

After 7 service calls and replacement of two perfectly good water pumps and several accusations of using the wrong detergent, Sears finally replaced the control board on our Oasis toploader. They refused to believe the control board (water level transducer) could be defective. They were wrong all along. The washer works fine now.

• Ri
    rita Feb 25, 2009

We also bought this machine at the local Sears store. We have had many problems with the actual wash . It bunches the clothes up to one side and then rips right through them. Many brand name clothes have been ruined. I called Sears and of course they have never had complaints about this machine. Interesting!!! Why are there four pagesa of complaints right here of people who state they have called Sears and received No "SATISFACTION". Well maybe they haved suckered us in this time but none ever their appliances will ever enter my home agian. SO WHO WINS IN THE lONG RUN?

Kay Mar 17, 2009

I've had my Oasis Elite toploader for just over 1 yr..I keep getting the F51 code...I've had 4 techs out and nothing has been resolved...I had the motherboard replaced on Mar 13th and first time I went to use it got the F51 code again... I also have been a devoted Sears customer for over 35 yrs and have bought nothing but Kenmore...
    this Oasis Elite is a very expensive hunk of JUNK!!! I am now waiting for a delivery of some part, basically I am now going to have ALL the wiring replaced in the machine...I've been promised by someone in Management that should this 5th svc call NOT resolve the problem, I WILL get a new machine...I'd rather go to the river and beat my clothes on a rock than accept another Washer from Sears...I Agree with all these posts...this is the worst Washer EVER and it needs to be recalled..I AM going to contact the BBB...I didn't even think of that till I read it here... there is NOTHING positive about these New fangeled digital Lemons...And don't even get me going about the stoopid Dryer!

• La
    lang57 Mar 23, 2009

Ok HERE is the trick to get past Sears. You call them up, they send out a repairman. Watch him what he does. If you have NO technical knowledge (it doesn't take a lot) get friend who does.

Usually it's a small part that has shorted. My Lid Switch has shorted twice in a 12 month period.

So they come out, you watch them, ASK alot of questions. What's wrong, etc. They will take it apart and show you, ASK how it's installed! (They love to show their knowledge) Then they will want to order it and charge you like $160 to $300 for looking at the machine. Tell them, you don't have the money...'Sorry, wife has all the money' (no CC, or check) and they will call their Supervisor and he'll say, well don't do anything.

Then go on line, look up the part in Sears Parts, order it and replace it yourself. I have saved at least $500 in labor. The parts are VERY easy to install usually. (To lift up the back lid, insert a flat head screw driver under the far corners looking straight at the machine. They are held on by clips)

Good luck, and don't pay service if you don't need to. These things are NOT rocket science!

sal Mar 25, 2009

Called the recall # today...800-659-7026, the lady said that there IS a recall on it and letters were sent out last week...she ordered the part to be sent to my house and scheduled repairman to come out and fix in two weeks. We just had Sears repairman out today and he said there was nothing else he could do, since we have had the module replaced 2 times before. Who knows if this will help or not, I think this washer is a piece of crap, but what do you do... She also assured me that it would be NO CHARGE, since it is on the recall list. She also said that if we had paid for the part they would refund it ( Ours was still under warranty, which runs out next month)
    I hope this helps everyone, even thought it is extremely aggravating.

• Cb
    CBC Mar 30, 2009

MUST AGREE THIS MACHINE IS A WORTHLESS PIECE OF JUNK!!! GOOD FOR SCRAP METAL!! The machines are made by Fisher & Paykel of New Zealand (AquaSmart) is their version of this machine, and a version for Whirlpool Corporation, sold as Kenmore Elite Oasis, and Whirlpool Calypso. Never ever ever again!! BEWARE OF ANY MACHINE THAT LOOKS LIKE THESE!! Since December of 2008 my machine has been inoperable. Repaired 4 times and still not working! Evil, pure and simple!!

mari Apr 05, 2009

Hello I need assistance. Here it is April 2009 and I just purchased the Kenmore Elite 7.6 Dryer with Steamcare. The reviews are very mixed on the dryer. On the Sears Kemore site itself the #1 complaint is noise. Despite the claim of quiet pak 4 the noise is loud enough some people have stated they've had to move it to the garage or plan to return it. I am very much interested in the technology as it would be excellent to have the steamcare technology but I am not interested in a very noisy dryer as it would sit in the front hallway 'closet' and the noise would be very noticeable. I am replacing a Kemore 21 yr. old dryer that was very quiet so the fact that this new $800.00 is not - -is a concern.

Should I purchase or cancel??? I would value your input and thank you !!!

mari

• Ib
    Ibale01 Apr 12, 2009

I have the same problem the F1 code with the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE top load washing machine. I purchased mine in August 2007 and this F1 error has been going on for 3 months now. We called Sears and a technician came and he says he has the electronic motherboard in his van but it will cost us $300+ to fix. It is weird because he charged me the same price for the part and labor. I got upset with him and he says I have to pay for the $75 for his inhome service. I told him wtf didnt you guys tell me how much it will cost before I had you come over here when you already have the part in your van. This means you guys are having issues like these with others. I told him to leave and called Sears and I wrote to Channel 13 news in Las Vegas. I spent $1800 for both the washer and dryer and was told it was a reliable machine. Then I get a letter in the mail that Sears is now offering a free upgrade for the machine if the first four of my serial# fall between CT01 through CT49. The first 4 of my seriol# is CT51. So, i dont qualify for it. It is stupid and ridiculous. The fact that they have a resolution for the others but not a resolution for my machine that I spent $1000+ on. In the beginning I already had problems with the machine and when I called it in, they detected no problems and now, here I am emotionally distressed over the money I spent for this machine and they cant fix it because my warranty expired. Please help me.

mod# 110.27082603

• Bi
    Bill T May 13, 2009

I think it's GREAT that SEARS is taking care of customers with the F1 error. Now how about taking care of the F51 error that I've been getting for the past 2 years? We "qualified" for the free "upgrade" even though we've never seen the F1 error. The tech came out and replaced the board yesterday. 1 hour later, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep, F51 beep beepbeepbeep. AAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!

• Bi
    Bill T May 13, 2009

I don't know if this is legit or not but I figure it's worth it if I can help support a Class Action Law Suit against Kenmore. http://www.toploadclassaction.com/kenmore-f-51-error.php
    I hope you feel the same. I've had the F51 error for the past two years. They came out yesterday and replace the Control Board. Same error. I'm tired of it and very resentful. One of the repsonses from SEARS was that the number of people having problems with the washer, in relation to the number of units sold, just wasn't enough for them to do anything major about it. Let YOUR voice be heard!

I don't know where else to go. Please inform everyone if there is a better path to take.

• Fr
    Frustrated Mom May 29, 2009

There is a huge problem with the Kenmore Oasis He machine. They keep breaking down. I've had mine since 2007 and have had Sears out to fix it 6 times. The part that makes me so mad is I paid $2000 for this machine because it was supposed to be top of the line. Every time they come out it and fix it, it works for about 4-5 months and then breaks again. This time when I called the Customer Service Center they were rude and did not want to help me unless I paid for a service call upfront and then they wanted to charge me for the part. I did some research and it is over $800 for the part to fix the problem. Not only did they not want to hear that it is not a wear and tear problem I was accused of trying to "get something for nothing". I figured out when I added up all the time I have lost not having a washer while waiting for it to get fixed I have not had a washer for a total of 6 months. I have 3 kids and need a washer. While doing some more research on the washer itself there is now a class action law suit investigation going on with a law firm in San Fransico. I don't know about everyone else but I am really tired of my machine breaking down. Now it's getting to the point where it's runing my clothes.

angelaallen1251 Jul 09, 2009

I have the same washer I purchased June 2007 and I get an F51 error message on any wash cycle I use. I have to constantly stand at the washer to reset it each time it goes to this error message. There is a class action lawsuit filed in Northern California and the firm is pursuing others with this same problem that I am having. You can search this on the web by putting in Kenmore Elite Oasis washing machine or complaints about it. The error message is because the control panel is defective and even after being repaired from what I read it does not last 3-4 months before having to be repaired again. I have not had this fixed since I may just buy a new washing machine that does not have the problems as this one even after I spend over $1, 000 for the washing machine. Sears knows the product is defective and wil do nothing about it.

• So
    sodaman Jul 20, 2009

I just called Sears @ 1-800-659-7026 regarding my Oasis washer which gave the dreaded "F" code yesterday. The rep who answered asked me for the serial # and the model number and then told me there IS A RECALL ON THE UNIT and I qualified for a free replacement mother/circuit board and when that arrived via UPS, then call back to schedule a free installation of the part. No hassle (so far) !!

I URGE EVERYONE TO CONTACT THEM AT THE NUMBER ABOVE.

John Dismukes Jul 28, 2009

Same-thing we purchased May-tag front loader leaked ruined our floors
    Sears replaced it with the Calypso
    Nothing but problems
    what a piece of Junk

• Fo
    foxfam Jul 29, 2009

After only 2 years & 2 months I had the F50 code too. I hadn't bought the extended warranty as we were buying 3 big appliances. I figured odds were that all 3 would last at least 5 years & if 1 out of the 3 did break it would be cheaper to buy a new one than having to pay warranties on 3 appliances at the point of sale. Anyway, I seriously considered just buying a brand new washer since this model does seem to have serious issues after I did some research on the internet. It would cost $75 just to have a Sears repairman give an estimate & I knew the parts would be at least $200. I'd rather put that $ toward a new washer. I figured I'd call Sears to complain that even though I didn't have a warranty, this expensive model seemed to have a very poor reputation & maybe they'd help me out. No freebie fix-it offer but I was told that I could buy a 1-year service contract or $215 +tax. I called 888-528-6326 & bought it.
    A repairman came out & had to order parts so he set up the actual repair for a week later. He was very helpful & pro-active. He replaced the part that was broken & also replaced the entire top circuit panel with an upgraded version. I guess he figured that it would break eventually too. So now I'm covered for the next year...hopefully with the upgraded parts this machine will last a lot longer. If I get another 5 years out of I'll be very happy. It really does do a fantastic job cleaning clothes.

• Hh
    HHKim Aug 05, 2009

The Kenmore Elite Oasis top loading HE? machine is a great water saver alright!! It saves a ton of water if you don't want to get your clothes washed - About six months ago we started having problems with our now @2 year old machine with the F1 error message. It began intermittently, now we get it every load of laundry I start AND I get it in the middle of EVERY cycle with 19 minutes left to finish.
    Inititally I loved the large capacity, and the timer to start after I have left the house, but now it's a royal pain, we did have repair man from Sears come out for $89.00 only to tell me I should unplug it to reset it for a few minutes - He seemed to think there was a recall on this machine, but I have yet to find one listed anywhere.
    Very dissappointed :(

• Mo
    momoftwokids Aug 08, 2009

I had the same problem and followed the advice of one your other posts and just called Sears @ 1-800-659-7026 regarding my Oasis washer which gave "F" code to. The person asked me for the serial # and the model number and confirmed there IS an upgrade ON THE UNIT and I qualified for a free replacement mother/circuit board and that it would be shipped via UPS. However, they scheduled the install date for 2 weeks from now. I was pleased.

• Ha
    Handyhusband Aug 22, 2009

I received a letter from Sears stating there is free control board upgrade. If the serial number begins with CS48 through CS52 or CT01 through CT49, your unit qualifies. Call 1-800-847-9083 between 8am and 8pm CST Mon-Sat. They schedule about two weeks out.

• Mb
    mbenner Sep 06, 2009

Just goes to show that you don't always get what you paid for. BUYER BEWARE!!! This top-loading washer is a piece of crap. I really wanted a front-loader but the door would have hit our hot water heater, so I settled for the top-loader. There is no way to regulate the water level and I have washed comforters that actually come out with dry spots after the washer has supposedly done it job. NOT!! Then, the clothes are so poorly rinsed that I have had skin issues to deal with. Oh, the best part; you have to stand there as you're putting the clothes in the dryer and untangle everything. This has been a nightmare.

• Fe
    FED UP WITH THE GARBAGE Sep 14, 2009

TO ALL WHOSE COMPLAINTS IVE READ HERE, i agree with all of you. we purchased our pc of crap in 2006, and as of many of you people who have been stiffed, i to right from the start this machine has given me problems and all i get is a repair man who cannot fix this heep of crap. the lastest in which i have been without a washer for 5 weeks now ...well the tech came out and replace nearly every part on the machine and when he left, once again he needed another part but it would be ok to use...well i did use it and, 1st let me tell you the washer is located on the second floor and yes you guessed it the son of a ### let go and flooded out everything ...by the time we realized whet went wrong it was too lat...and the company would not send anyone out to clean up the mess, leaving me holding the bag, once again now i have boxes of parts in my living room and they canceled my appointment again. I WOULD LIKE TO SOME HOW START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY but im not really sure how to proceed, if you can help or the is a pending please contact me at [email protected]

i would like to some how start a class action lawsuit

• Kw
    K W Walch Sep 15, 2009

I also am having trouble with the Sears Kenmore elite front loading washer and drier. Is there a current class action suit?

• Ay
    Ayres DCosta Sep 15, 2009

We have had problems with the OASIS since buying it at a hefty price from SEARS 3 years ago. Wish we had bought a cheaper old-fashioned machine elsewhere. The Control Board was replaced 6 months ago, and it is still not doing the spin-dry cycle right. We have to line-dry everything and then put them in our Dryer, another OASIS product which seems OK so far. We hope the next service repair will be our last with this machine. Yes, SEARS surely sold us a lemon and we are not buying another appliance from them. Incidentally, I used to swear by their Craftsman products and they were excellent. This one lemon has been their downfall as far as I am concerned.
    If there is a class action lawsuit, please count me in ([email protected])

Decibelius Sep 20, 2009

I bought this Kenmore Elite Oasis on July 2006, in June 2007 the digital panel had to be replaced. In January 2008 it had to be replaced again. Now on September 2009 is giving me problems again. I thing instead of a washer I bought a trash can, and a very expensive one. Not recommended!

• La
    LA Graham Sep 30, 2009

I bought an Oasis in April 2008. Never having had a HE machine I didn't realize that it was supposed to be whisper quiet. In August 2009, I noticed that the power button "on" was elusive. You had to find the "sweet spot" with every load. Called Sears and when they heard I didn't have an extended warranty the helpfulness level dropped. Finally they agreed to send out a technician to diagnose the problem at no charge. Technician came out, diagnosed a repair with $800 worth of parts and $200 in labor. The technician got approval to do the repairs free but later that night the customer service person I was working with called to renege. Sears said they would pay 1/4 of the parts, waive the trip charge and labor plus give me a three year service agreement. I talked with the Sears technician and he said not to take the offer. He told me about all the problems the Oasis machine is having and that the machine wasn't worth putting any money into repairs.

Jackson15 Nov 01, 2009

WoW! I usually do my research before I buy anything, now I can kick myself! We have been loyal customers of sears for many years, in fact the washer we had before this one, we had for almost twenty something years! I guess they don't make things like they use to! We have only had the Kenmore Elite Oasis for 3 weeks and this was our second time using it, the washer totally crashed mid cycle. We called the repair line and they can't send anyone out for a hole week! Now we are stuck with water in the washer, had to manually squeeze out the water, man, this sucked! I wouldn't be so mad if it was a cheap washer but we paid alomost $700 hundred bucks for the washer! I guess this is Sears way of staying a float during the hard economic times! We know next time we are staying far away from sears! Please don't buy this piece of crap! It is nothing but a pain! I mean two weeks, get serious SEARS!

coryanddave Nov 02, 2009

I purchased my Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer and dryer about two years ago a recently the washer has been giving me a F1 message. It usually happened during the rinse cycle. I started reading all of the entires on this website and others and called some of the numbers people listed. I called 800-659-7026 and the guy told me that my washer didn't fall under the recall (which was fo serial numbers starting in CS48-CT35) and there was nothing he could do. He recommended I call Sears Repair line (800-469-4663), where I'm sure they would've tried to sell me a warrantee or something. I decided to call another product resolution number that someone listed on this website. A woman answered and asked for my model number and said my washer WAS affected by the recall. So, they booked someone to come out in two weeks. Hopefully the issue will be resolved. I encourage everyone to do some digging before they actually put out more money to get something fixed. Now i'm worrried about my dryer giving out soon...

• Oa
    oasisfortcollins Nov 04, 2009

Same issues as reported by others. Clothes end up in a ball, no matter how they are arranged in the washer. The repairman recommends loading it in the washer as a ball, and they should end up spread out after the wash cycle. Haven't tried that technique yet. The clothes always get stretched and damaged. The washer always gets unbalanced and we're constantly rearranging the clothes partway through the wash cycle and sliding the machine back to it's original position on the floor.

We purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer/dryer in March '07 and a 5-year warranty. Several parts have been replaced and now waiting for a new control panel. One intermittent problem was a nightmare. The washer would beep constantly, but never when a repairman was present. The first 2 calls they wouldn't perform a repair. The 3rd time parts were replaced which fixed the beeping problem, but that was after we complained that we want an "expert" repairman...not a lower-level guy that didn't have authority to order repair parts.

The current problem is the machine won't power on. It's the usual service call...wait a week for someone to show up...they need to order a part...wait another week for the part to be installed. The machine died in the middle of a wash, so had to wring out the clothes by hand and toss them in the dryer.

Even though we've had many repairs in the nearly 3 years we've had the washer, it does not meet Sears definition of a lemon according to their warranty information. Really, this washer should be recalled. The dryer works fine, though.

Coloratura Nov 14, 2009

Same F1 problem and serial # begins with CT38. Called Sears a few weeks ago and thought I was getting the PC board replaced for free. That's what I was told by the customer service rep.

The repairman was supposed to come today, but he never came and never called. Called Sears to see what was going on. They said that the repair was scheduled to go to another address (where we lived when the machine was bought), even thought I gave them the correct address. I told the woman who I spoke with and what was said. She said the person no longer works there, then tells me that my machine does not fall under the upgrade. She also says the replacement part was never ordered. I can't believe this!

After reading several comments about the same machine, it appears some people received a letter stating that my machine with serial # CT38 would qualify for the free repair. Does anybody have the letter to post?

This is just ridiculous, and there has to be something we can do! It's too expensive of a machine to not do anything about it. And, to only work for 18 months!?!? Ridiculous!

Desprate for an answer Nov 17, 2009

I can't take this anymore. I have been on the phone with Sears for 3 hours and nobody will help me. I have had my Oasis since 07. Two weeks after I bought the thing it broke down. It has been flashing the F51 error code for TWO YEARS and for some reason since this past summer they won't come out and fix the thing. I have had 12 appointments that I have never had to pay for. Now they want $400-$600 for a part that they have replaced over and over again and is now broke once again. I'm not even asking for a new washer all I want is to go a month without it breaking down.

Cornwall Customer Nov 18, 2009

RE: OASIS from Sears in Cornwall, Ontario.
    I will not be back with my business, and will discourage others, unless Sears honours their promise. to fix my washer.

1. I called the Sears number given on the recall notice and was told that although my washer had the same symptoms that warranted the recall, my model and serial number weren't covered. I was referred to local Sears store Parts & Service.

2. Parts & Service said they only know what Whirlpool tells them and suggested calling Whirlpool.

3. I called Whirlpool and was referred back to Sears.

4. After several transfers and dropped calls a representative of Sears told me that if the problem was the same as the recalled washers the repair would be covered by Sears.

5. Sears sent a repairman who confirmed that the problem was the control board as in the recalled washers. He didn't have the part but said he'd have it in 2 days. He called 3 days later to say Sears would not honour their promise and that I'd have to call them.

6. I called Sears and was told they didn't know the person (whose name I gave them) that made the promise, nor did they have a record of the call. They promised to call back.

7. I went to the Sears store in Cornwall, Ontario and was able to find the name of the "unknown" employee in the database as well as a record of my call.

8. Sears later called (careful to not leave a name) leaving a message telling me the promise to fix the washer was a mistake and the part and repair would not be covered.

9. I have informed the local Sears sales people about this corporate representative who will make a bonus for sluffing me off, at their expense. Because although the salespeople are quite nice and helpful, Sears can not be considered a source of trustworthy product nor service and support.

10. I of course will not be back with my business, and will discourage others, unless Sears honours their promise.

11. If anyone else is doing something about this issue, feel free to write: [email protected]

Pagz Dec 14, 2009

I guess in some ways it's comforting to know everyone seems to be suffering with this same bad F1 codes on the Oasis washer. I've had repair people out but I didn't want to pay $300 for the control board. Now that I know there is a recall on the boards for some units, I guess I will have to just wait to see if my serial number gets included at some point. As of today, it's not eligible. i agree with other posts, it's not like the machine doesn't work at all, it's just a pain to hit stop / start 6 times each load. All I can say is I hope Sears gets what it's been deserving for years, a consumer send off and a farewell!

• Ih
    Ihavehadit Dec 19, 2009

Well, we purchase the Kenmore Oasis Set in May of 2006 - one of the first. Within the first 7 days of having the washer in our home, an f error code came up and Sears could not fixed. They offered to relace it with a new one, but of course, we would have to spend another day waiting for them to deliver the new one. About 2 months later, the dryer starting rattling - 2 repair guys came out for this repair. They had the entire dryer apart in our home and could not figure out what was wrong. Then we had to watch the comedy of them trying to put this thing back together and realizing they had "extra" parts that they did not know where they went! Unbelievable! So in another month, we got a new dryer. So, since we have had these machines, the Sears repair man has been over here on a regular basis. Even the neighbors are askuing questions...which leads to nothing positive to say about these machines! Now, recently they had to replace the control board. When they replaced that, the machine has started to beep throughout the entire cycle - every cycle! They came out again and said now "coincidently" the interface has gone bad and that will cost $190.00. Really! This is totally ridiculous! When we this come to an end! I am tired of fighting with the stupidy of the Sears reps! When will this machine be pulled off of the market! Has anyone else been in this situation where they are repairing one thing and another one breaks! I HATE KENMORE OASIS!

• Ok
    okblythe Dec 28, 2009

I have had similar issues with my Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer and Dryer set which was purchased in 2007. Customer service does not care...technicians are never prepared...routine parts are not readily available and must be ordered...error codes F1, F50, etc...Dryer has already broken down once and the repair took 2 weeks...washer is currently flashing error code F1, but we are able to manipulte the settings and can get the machne to work after changing settings several times...because of the negative experience I have had with this washer and dryer and the negative experience(s) I have had with their customer service department I also will NEVER purchase another product from Sears and every chance I get, I tell as many people that will listen about the experience.

dirtyclothes Jan 04, 2010

We're having the same trouble with our Kenmore Elite Oasis model 110.27152602. I am frustrated beyond measure. Started with the F-1 code about a month ago. At first it would beep and I could go in and manipulate the buttons to make it work. Now it doesn't work at all. I've called sears and remained on the line forever. They say they don't have a repairman that works our area - and it's out of warranty - purchased in 2007. I can't believe that a company is so negligent about standing behind their product. Our serial no starts with cu so I guess at this time we're not eligible for the recall. I'll call anyways... arrrggghh!

• Js
    jshain Jan 11, 2010

Why won't my Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer fill with water?
    I need it to FILL & SOAK! simple! Why won't it do it?
    It only fills about an inch. I'm fed up with it.
    Also, the clothes do not smell clean.
    I compared 2 dirty socks with 2 socks that just came out of the washer/dryer... no visible difference. They still looked dirty!

Is there a class action suit?
    J Shain

John73 in Chicago Feb 05, 2010

This washer is the biggest POS I have ever had the misfortune of owning. It started with destroying our clothes. Nothing with a drawstring stood a chance due to the "fins" on the bottom of the agitator. Then it would twist the crap out of anything put in it and stretch everything out while tying everything into a knot. Of course, then it would be out off balance. Wrestling with soaked clothes tied into a huge ball and caught on the bottom of the agitator sucks. Over and over. Then, code after code after code. I got so upset due to the amount of clothing that was destroyed I literally cut the fins out so I could safely wash clothes that had drawstrings. Then we got the recall letter, and were thinking "DUH!!!". Called the number, and they said they were so overwhelmed with response that they could not even schedule the service at that time and said they'd call us. Three months later we called back and of course they had no record of our call. Set up the replacement. Now there's less codes, but the machine still goes out of balance. Newest issue is that the machine is just dead. Will not turn on at all. I will never EVER own another Kenmore or Whirlpool.

Kelly Richard Mar 16, 2010

I am so sick to my stomach reading these I purchased my Elite washer and dyer in 2009 and have nothing but trouble - I ahve had service techs out at least 9 times and now they are telling me there is nothing they can do they ahve already replaced 3 parts Sears tells me thay cannot replace the washer until I have 4 failures - I said I ahve had service techs here over 4 times(9) htey said well they don't show 4 failures I am ready to bring this badk to sears in a milion pieces and drop it at the sales desk which I have already made a scene in two weeks ago.
    The only place to go now is a lawyer. I love the dryer.

• Rb
    RBDB970 Mar 16, 2010

We're also having problems with our Oasis as of today - started flashing the F51 code. Like John73Chicago (above) we had problems with the fins shredding our clothes - went back to Sears (believe it or not 2 days after the 90 day warranty) and told them to come pick it up, we want a new machine. They said no. I brought a shredded tablecloth with us, and told the manager I was going to start waving it like a flag in their appliance dept. (which, to my benefit, was packed with shoppers that night). They agreed to replace it with a newer Oasis model that didn't have the fins. We paid the difference in price. A year and a half later we start getting the F51 error code. We've had other problems as well, most notably the machine constantly going off balance. I tried calling Sears today - first they tell me they don't know what a F51 error is; then they say they've heard of the F51 error but they don't know what it relates to. When I told them it was all over the Internet that F51 was a control board she said she "remembers" that now, but that they couldn't help me without purchasing a warranty.

What I'm going to purchase is a new washer. The Sears of old, the Sears that used to sell appliances that would last 10-15-20 years, is gone. I wouldn't bother with them anymore. Hubby is downstairs now, trying to fix the POS. Short of that, Sears has lost another customer.

• Ak
    akcita Mar 18, 2010

We bought ours, 3 years ago, and then had the recall done when we got the F-code issue, and now 7 months later the damn thing dies. I honestly think they just emptied out their inventory of faulty parts as part of this recall, so we were just given another faulty board. I can't argue with these guys about their crappy products and service.

I'll probably buy one more controller, and hope it works, but my next purchase will not be a Kenmore.

• Ck
    CKHocky Apr 11, 2010

Purchased new in fall of 2008, by Fall of 2009 I was having ther same problems mentioned numerous times above. I purchased a new electronic cotrol board and installed it in January. Just after installation I began getting the same code errors and erratic light flashing on the panel. I called and was sent a new board that was I installed; Two weeks later same thing. The parts department will not send a new part (even though still under warranty) until a serviceman comes out to look at the oasis washer, which will be in a week or so.

During the process the women with whom I talked at Sears were in general very nice. However, I was unable to talk to a manager about this situation and it wasn't until I mentioned a class action lawsuit about the Oasis Top Loading Washer that suddenly they would send a service man at no cost to me (unless they find something wrong). We'll see how this goes.

• Tu
    turner_cheryl Apr 16, 2010

We purchased the Sears Kenmore Oaisis he in May of 2009. Right away we experienced problems with the control panel. Error messages at first. The repair man told us the washer was so new he had to consult his computer and then had to order a part. Since then I have had some one out three times for the same problem. Sears today told me that you have to have three calls on the same system failure in order to request a new unit. I told them that's what the last guy told me when he was just out a few weeks ago. That was my third call! They say there's no record of the third call, just two. So what happened to that record? How convenient! Now this service next week will be my third official for Sears, my un-official 4th for me. They are telling me I have to have one more failure after this call to request a new washer and it has to happen by June 8th, 12 months from the first official call. So the way I see it is in order to keep having a working washer that cost us over $1000, we have to keep getting the extended waranty which we have to pay for. I guess I'll be buying a new washer after this, probably a Maytag. My last one lasted almost 20 years. If any smart attorney wants to take on Sears for the terrible customer service and lousy washers, let me know, I am ready!

• Ti
    tina8525 Apr 16, 2010

Hate it! It ruins, wrinkles, twists clothes together, doesn't clean, constantly becomes unbalanced. If I could have my old machine back I would trade in a second and my old machine was only working on one cycle. Even with that problem my old machine was far superior to this piece of crap. After reading the comments I have hope that the thing will break down and I can eventually get rid of it. I don't think it will last 17 years like my old one did. My husband bought the Kenmore Elite Oasis without even consulting me. My only recourse is to vent on sites like this one. When it does quit working I will be picking the next washing machine and it will be the old-fashioned kind. I won't go through this again. Time to go rearrange the clothes since the stupid thing is unbalanced again. After that I get to pull the clothes apart from one another to get them into the dryer. When they come out of the dryer they will be wrinkled because no dryer can get out the wrinkles this thing puts into clothes. My advice: stay away from it. It's one headache after another. Thank goodness I didn't have this washing machine when my kids were little. Nothing would have gotten clean.

Not a happy Mother. Apr 27, 2010

I bought this Oasis washer & dryer in 2006, sad to think that I sold a 10 year washer that worked better!!!
    started having trouble with the dryer 6 months after purchasing the dam thing than like everthing the washer felt neglected and decided to act out too, Had repairman out to our house for repairs at least 10 times always for for the wahser and than 5 for dryer these washers SUCK !!! n Tobad they are not honest when they sell them to you and after somany problems you would think that Ears would replace these instead of spending more money than they are worth in the first place . At this time the repair we are waiting on is going to cost 950.00 I think it is DUM that they wont replace them they seem like they had an overhaul and they won't except that this things should not be on the market specially whe I purchase them @ sears for 2450.00 I will never ever buy from Sears again.
    Of anyone want to but one of these ENERGY EFFICIENT WASHER N DRYERS, STOPPPP !!! they maybe energy efficent but consumer stress and when they work they take forever to go thru a cicle. well I hope that Ears reads these complaints because it is sad that loyal custumers got blind sided by a company that portrays it cares about its the customers, really sad. If you ever get one buy the waranty cause you will need it...

washer proble suspension, loss bearings and springs needed to be replaced.
    washer had to have lid replaced worped.
    washer had to get new barians.
    washer had to be serviced 6 times for loss of balance.
    washer main digital computer went out and did not want to respond, replace.
    dryer had to have the drum adjusted several times.
    dryer door had to be adjusted,

should I go on, , , , , ,

• Th
    The Frog Pond May 02, 2010

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, from reading all the complaints. You guy's have had your machine for a couple of month's, me I just bought a new Kenmore Oasis Elite washer and dryer. may 2/10 hauled it home myself spent a couple of hours wiring and hooking up hoses, turned the machine on, it did nothing except light up, no water ran in, no machine start up, no nothing, hit start a couple of times still didn't crank. Hit stop nothing happened, hit everything I could find still nothing. Finally I did the smart thing, I unplugged it, it was still lite up, finally after a couple of seconds the lights went out.
    I said I was a lucky one, well, I'm taking it back in the morning first thing. One guy said we needed to read the manual and see how it works, guess he's the lucky one, I didn't even get a manual with mine, they gave me one for a different machine, didn't matter cause the machine didn't work anyway. They probably already knew this so what difference did it make what manual was with the machine. I've dealt with Sears for probably 50 years but their products are getting worse and worse. Thanks for letting me bend your ear.
    David King Martinsville, Virginia

janet schwabe May 13, 2010

I agree with everyone, my Oasis is a nightmare. Sears tells me I abuse the machine and will not replace it. Filed a complaint with the BBB. Where do I file a lawsuit. There is sludge that gets under the drum and smells, clothes go into a ball, small objects get stuck under the drum and rattle. The machine rattles so much it moves. I have had the technicians out 11 times.

KenCS Jun 02, 2010

As with most others above, our Oasis Washer has been a major pain since shortly after purchasing it in 2007. My biggest complaint is the "UL" message for an uneven load. I can't get through a single load of laundry without the message appearing. I must open the lid and adjust the load (sometimes many times) to complete one load of laundry. The start button quit working properly shortly after SEARS replaced the main control board due to a recall. This enrages me the most - Sears sends me a letter telling me about the recall, the service tech comes out to replace the board at which time I tell him about the "UL" message. He simply laughs and says its "normal" for this machine but the recall and new board are going to fix it. guess what, ZERO improvement! what's the deal with that?? Anyway, shortly after the control board is replaced (2 - 3 weeks) I start having trouble with the start button, it needs to be pushed several times until contact is made and the machine begins the cycle. I call Sears about the problem and they have the nerve to tell me the machine is out of warranty and I need to pay to have it serviced! I have had several coorespondences via email with the customer service dept. without sucess. They simply will not do a single thing for me. I am ready to drag this thing to the street and just go buy a new washer. I have been a loyal Sears customer for many years, have all Kenmore Elite appliances in my home but can tell you the buck stops hear! Sears has lost my business forever due to their lack of service and not standing behind an obviously defective product. I have also cancelled both my Sears rewards mastercard and my Sears charge card. I am done with these people. Oh and I won't ever shop at Kmart, Lands End or any other Sears Holdings company again.

• Jr
    JRJett Jun 19, 2010

I am totally going crazy with this Kenmore Elite Oasis HE, I spend more time babysitting this washer mashine so it stay's in balance, than washing. It tangles all my clothes into knots. I has been 2 hours that I have been trying to wash this load. This is ridiculous and this washing machine is totally not for this time. We are living in a world where time is most important, I am a professional employee for a world wide aerospace company and this is unacceptable.

Do the recall on all these washing machines get them working properly or take them off the market Kenmore.

Sears sells lemons Jun 23, 2010

I too own this piece of junk washing machine. I purchased the Kenmore elite, canyon capacity washer and dryer. After about a year and a half, I got the F1 code. I called Sears who would not help me unless I paid for service. I had purchased the one year warranty but had passed that date. I then looked on line and found many complaints with this exact machine. I called number after number for them to tell me my serial number and model were not part of the recall. After calling many, many times, I was told I was under the recall and they sent someone to replace the mother board. Now a few months later, I am experiencing other problems. At the last 6 minutes of the cycle, it sounds like there is a tornado ripping through my house. This happens every load. Yesterday, I experienced a new problem. I put a load in the washing machine but it never finished it's cycle. For three hours, it kept saying unbalance load. I would move the clothes around and start the machine, only for it to stop and say unbalanced load. This went on for 3 hours. I finally took the clothes out and squeezed the excess water out and put them in the dryer. It took twice as long to dry the load because I couldn't get as much water out as the spin cycle.
    I am very dissatisfied with Sears. The set I had before this was also Kenmore. I had the set for 15 years, having to service the washer machine once in that time. So when it was time for a new washer and dryer, I did not hesitate to buy Kenmore. I will never buy from Sears again or purchase anything Kenmore. I cannot believe that Sears or Kenmore do not stand by their products. Lookout Sears, I'm thinking about taking my washing machine back where I bought it and standing outside and let customers know about your lemon washing machine and how you won't fix my problem.

• Wi
    Wildgoody Jun 24, 2010

I'm a service tech, first time I have come across this machine, not a F code but
    the UL, which is due to the lack of ant sort of motion dampening, not a spring or a
    shock absorber to be found, but the basket is so loose, I thought this was an easy fix
    for a service call...not

I'm doing the research now, but I think we are going to design a 4 point dampening
    system for this POS washer, but I will also tell the client what you all now know, and
    what the troubles are or will be coming.

I think the main board problem could be resolved with a tightening of the sensor
    feedback wires under the motor disk and windings (direct drive motor) I will post
    the results of my dampening system and will offer it for those that want to fix the
    UL problem, that is the few of you that don't have dead or F-ed out machines

Darrin

• Ki
    KimberlyE Jul 07, 2010

I agree this machine is a piece! I have had mine for 26 months and have just arranged my 6th service call. Bought it replacing my 22 year old MAYTAG. I want my old machine back soooo...Bad. I have had the pump "cleaned out" 3 times and then replaced 2 times and the control board replaced. Now the problem I think is obviously the pump again but I think it also took out motor. 2 times this machine broke down and has ruined my new flooring (sears gave me $100 gift card for inconvenience). And, the next time someone tells me that I do NOT know how to do laundry properly or run a washing machine properly better be wearing some protective armor!!! Now I am told that if it is deemed non-repairable that they will no longer replace it but give me a pro-rated payout. What the hell is that about? I thought I bought the "replacement" warranty so that it would be replaced!

DeniseFLA Jul 15, 2010

We bought the Oasis set as well. I have had problems since the washer went out of warranty. We had Sears come out and paid to fix the machine before they finally recalled it and then had to fight to get our money back on the repairs. That was a nightmare. Then the exact thing happened again a few months later and they came out again because it was still the recall issue and this time replaced the board for free. The machine was fine for a few months and then it started to act up again with this UL and it got worse over time. Now it literally takes us hours to do one wash because it keeps becoming unlevel and stops. I can't afford to fix it or get another one. I thought spending this kind of money on a set of washer and dryer would last me a long time but my sil bought a cheap set and has never had an issue. Washers should last more than a year without problems and I am sitting here with junk. Many people are having these same issues with this set so I don't know why Sears won;t stand behind thier product. I have been a loyal customer, everything in my home is a Sears product.

disappointed22 Jul 18, 2010

My husband also bought me the Oasis HE, 3 years ago, and we have had nothing but problems with both the dryer and the washer. Th pump has gone 3 times now and the lock broke. The dryer takes 2-3 times to dry. These are supposed to be high efficiency machines but they have only cost us money on repair and now money on new flooring. The water has damaged half of me basement flooring on top of the repair bills to fix the machine. I am so not happy with these machines. We bought a used washer just to have around in case the machine broke again and it is old but works better then the new machine...

• Le
    lee dalk Jul 30, 2010

I purchased a Kenmore Oasis Elite washer and dryer in Aug 09.
    I started noticing a funky oder coming off the clothes when I would iron them with the steam on. When I would hit the steam button I could smell a bad odor when the steam rose off the clothes and hit me in the nose. I can sometimes smell this funky odor when the clothes are being dried in the dryer from the exhaust air being vented outside. I can smell this odor coming off the clothes after body heats up SLIGHTLY and have to change clothes 2-4 times a day. I have NEVER had this problem with another washer that gives a sufficient amount of water to clean the clothes. I had the repair person come out to look at washer and told him of the funky, nasty smell problem. He went through the wash cycle and showed me the maximum amount of water that goes into the machine which with no clothes in the machine is about 6-8 inches of water. No damn wonder the clothes won't get clean. He also told me to cut down on the amount of clothes which are being washed. Did that, same problem. Sears is coming back out next week to check machine. I WILL keep posting results.
    First we get toilets that use a very small amount of water to get the job done. Now we get washers that use a tiny amount of water to try to clean clothes. Hey, mabey i should wash each load 3 or 4 times to see if that helps.

• I also purchased the Kenmore Oasis HE washing machine about 3 years ago I loved the machine until about 6 months ago it started beeping crazzy when we started the wash cycle then would stop with a F1 error code, then about a few weeks after this the machine started to overload even when it only had 2 small pieces of clothes, I did some research and found out there is a recal on the main board that is what was causing the F1 error and the machine to turn off and beep like crazy, the repai man just left my house, he was great he did fix the uncontrollable beepiong and stopping but I was told as for the overload that the machine needed a whole new tub something about balancing rings in the machine. The good news was the part had a ten year warranty, the bad news was the labor was not covered, it will be around 140.00 for something that was to me cause by the part that was recalled, I never overload this stupid machine, I purchased it because it was suppose to be able to handle bigger loads than my 300.00 washing machine, ha thats a joke. I call kenmore and was told to call back tommorrow because they couldnt see the tech's notes yet, we will see what htere excuse will be tommorrow. I URGE EVERYONE THAT READS THIS TO PASS ON THE INFO, MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE START TO BOYCOTT KENMORE THEN THE WILL GET THE PICTURE!!! OH BY THE WAY THE NUJMBER TO CALL FOR THAT RECALL IS 1-800-659-7026 you will need to have the model number and serial number on hand.

• Vb
    vbuskirk Aug 11, 2010

I purchased the Kenmore oasis washer and dryer in 2006. I too have never spent so much money on a washer and dryer. It started giving me problems in the 13th month. I have put in 2 new water pumps and the electrical "brain". Now it won't drain or agitate. Sears is no help! I think they made this machine to get out of debt not only were they expenses but they continue to eat away at your pocket book with all the service calls for repairs. If this was a car it would have been recalled a longtime ago.

• Wh
    whbar Aug 15, 2010

I bought oasis washer and dryer in may 08. no extended warranty. water leaks - hose split. electrical board out. flashing F1. tech ordered wrong electronic board. month later right one come in. machine down 2 months all this time to repair. $500.00 for board. this does not sound like sears. i was raised on sears and roebuck. this machine is nightmare and Sears seems to be oblivious to problems. the problem i've had from beginning and have not read anywhere in gripes is the machine, will not complete a wash job to the end without having to re-balance load. when it finishes wash cycle and start to spin, the load is out of balance and knocks machine sideways and then shut down. the machine is approx. 2 yrs. old and i can't remember one successful wash job with out having to re-position the clothes for spin cycle to complete.
    i talked to sears salesman in appliances at sears the other day about all the problems and he said "no one, to his knowledge, has ever complained about machine. he knows of no problem. there is one sears in my town and 5 walmarts. walk thru sears and its like a ghost town. at walmart you can find parking place. this will be my last time i waste at sears.

allwashedupinfla Aug 25, 2010

i too bought the sears oasis elite washer and dryer and i have had nothing but trouble since day one, i thought they were good products because on the endorsement of extreme home makeover show, normally i do not shop at sears. i will never shop there again. I HATE THIS WASHER AND DRYER...AND THEY COST WAAAAYYYYYTOO MUCH I WISH I HAD WENT TO LOWES AND BOUGHT A SET FOR WHAT ONE OF THESE COST...I AM SO TIRED OF THE CLOTHES GETTING TIED UP IN KNOTS SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T GET THEM UNDONE...SMELLLY CLOTHES...DINGY CLOTHES...UNEVEN LOADS...UNEVEN LOADS...UNEVEN LOADS...I AM READY TO TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER TO THIS WASHER...I WANT A PLAIN OLD WASHER WITH A AGITATOR AND A PULL OUT BUTTON I CAN SET WHERE EVER I WANT...BEFORE I GO NUTS!!!

Kenmore junk Aug 28, 2010

we origianally purchased the Kenmore Elite (doon't believe it!) Oasis Washer in February 2007. We have had numerous problems with it. In short, we have had 7 sevice calls, many to replace the broken cheap plastic components Sears now uses and other calls to replace the controll board which constantly malfunctions. This washing machine is a poor design and needs to be recalled.

• Dj
    djshore Aug 31, 2010

I bought a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer in November 2008. I have had nothing but problems with it. If I leave it plugged into the wall it will come on an run when no one is around. I got to the point that I started unplugging it. It is hard to believe but when I would unplug this washer from the power for turning on own it's own, the washer would run for a minute or two without power.
    Now it will not run at all . Just had a repairman in last week. He hunts for thing to blame it on other than the computor system in the washer. The repairman will be returning again this coming Friday.
    Do not buy this washer! The technelogy does not work . Sad but true. Tears your towels if it works at all.
    I won't be buying ANYTHING from SEARS again.
    Buy Whirlpool. I gave my son a tweny year old whirlpool washer when I bought this junk. Wish I had it back. Still run's great.

• Bo
    Bob in FL Sep 05, 2010

I have had problems with the pump and coins getting in it. I have had the input pad replaced and the brains replaced. On light loads it goes unbalanced. It puts holes in clothes. It rips buttons off of clothes. It tears the hooks on the front of trousers off. It is supposed to save water by recirculating it, but that gets defeated by it going unbalanced and attempting to rebalance; it uses more water to do this. It also takes longer and uses more energy to do this. It is supposed to be quieter but when it goes unbalanced, you can hear it from the other end of the house.
    It was expensive to buy and expensive to fix. I have had more repairs on it than any other washer I have ever bought. It requires more attention to get it to work right. It is black in color but it is a lemon!

• We
    wetwash Sep 07, 2010

Kenmore Elite Oasis HE TERRIBLE, dryer TOO. My set was purchased 8/2006, repairmen have been out 9 times so far & I need one again since the washer won't drain. First time repairman thought something was stuck in drain, worked for his diagnostic run. Funny how 30 minutes later with wash in it IT DIDN"T DRAIN. Another appointment needed, he replaced the pump today. worked again for his diagnostics. FUNNY didn't drain for my wash load again . PIECE of Cr--.Also have same problems with wrinkling whether load is large or small

• As
    Asean Oct 18, 2010

The Kenmore Oasis washer is a piece of crap...I've had the computer replaced, and now the tub squeaks when it runs. It also throws water on the floor and doesn't drain the water all the way; it leaves some in the bottom of the tub. I've only had it since 2007...what the crap?

Prosperity 2011 Oct 25, 2010

October 25, 2010~Prosperity 2011

Aiyeeee! We are a large extended family who have been loyal Sears customers for 4 generations. I'm talking over 40 people. Excitedly we purchased the Calypso washer and dryer in 2001 and then spent hundreds of dollars for repairs twice to the washer (washer leaked all over and ruined kitchen floor) and once to the dryer all within the first 18 months of use. We are a two person household so light use. We were never compensated for these machines.

We tried Sears one more time in November 2006 with the Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer and dryer $799 each, paid for a 3 year warranty (which expired Nov 2009 of course) and they were delivered November 14, 2006.

Off and on we have had issues with UL. Current issue is the F1 code which comes on at beginning of each cycle and then again at start of rinse cycle. We just called recall line 1-800-659-7026 (they are call center who take calls, arrange for parts to be shipped and set tech appt). Technician # is 1-800-463-6366. IF you speak to tech center ASK for a technician who is familiar with the KENMORE ELITE OASIS HE - NOT ALL TECHS KNOW HOW TO SERVICE THIS MACHINE!

Our machine is covered under a recall of the control board (water level transducer) which is now an upgraded version to THE manufacturer placed control board. FREE UPGRADE parts and labor they tell me. UPS ships out the part then a service tech is to arrive to do the repair AT NO CHARGE AT ALL. I'll write again with outcome.

Control board supposedly enhances the way it spins. RECALL is on Serial # CT 01 through CT49 to best of my knowledge. I'll keep you posted. btw, I owned a Maytag for 15 years, 8 people doing laundry weekly and had only 1 service call. Whirlpool (who is the manufacturer of this Oasis HE machine) now owns Maytag I believe. People should be aware that just because a brand says "Kenmore", "Kenmore Elite" etc it is JUST a KNOWN BRAND NAME. The manufacturer on each machine may be different so check it out thoroughly.

Judy in San Antonio Texas Nov 12, 2010

We purchased this washer thinking it was a step up from all other washers. In our 52 years of marriage I have never seen a washer where at the end of a cycle the clothes are twisted and twisted as if being rung out. When the twisted clothes are shaken out to put into the dryer the shaking out does not work. They are a wrinkled mess. I have never been disappointed in a Sears product but this washer has to go. A pair of my long pants were so twisted that the dryer could not even get the wrinkles out. I recommend that Sears takes this washer and discontinues making it. I can also say, I have never written a complaint about anything we have purchased at Sears. Use to be the best place to buy appliances but, this washer is crap. Judy

warrenk82 Dec 20, 2010

my oasis sucks!!! we have laundry for 7 adults and 1 child and the F1 code is punishing our life!!! Spent over $3500 on the w/d set in 07 and worked fine for 1 year 11 months and 28 days. they must have some kind of genius who figures out how to make the machine break right after the warranty ends!!! after starting it, the thing stops running, beeps and pops up a F1 code. then I have to press stop, start, and wait for 10 seconds till it stops running, beeps, and pops up the F1 code. I press stop, start, and wait another 10 seconds, till it stops running again. beep. F1. 10 seconds. stops again. beep F1. 10 seconds. most of the time, it will continue running til it hits the rinse cycle. then its stop, beep, F1 all over again!!!
    What a PIECE OF JUNK!!! The salesperson sure made it sound like the greatest invention on the planet. After reading all the negative blogs, I decided not to even waste my time calling their repair man because it sounds like they don't have a clue how to fix it. I could probably fix it better myself if I took it apart. I probably will run it till it just dies, then I will give it an autopsy and do their job for them cause they are all a bunch of losers at Sears. I would gladly join a lawsuit against them because this expensive complicated piece of crap is nothing compared to the lack of knowledge and integrity of such a well known brand name that seems to enjoy tormenting their customers with runaround and irresponsible business practices, designed to keep their pockets lined with the hard earned cash of honest, hard working Americans!!! Sears Sucks!!!

warrenk82 Dec 20, 2010

piece of junk oasis F1 code, stop, start, runs, F1 code, stop, start, runs, F1 code, stop, start, runs, F1 code, stop, start, runs, then when it gets to rinse cycle, F1 code, stop, start, runs... I want to sue sears for such a worthless expensive time wasting machine. I think I know more about fixing this piece of junk than all their trained personnel put together, and I dont know anything about it at all!!! pure rubbish sign me up for the class action lawsuit, they deserve to lose every cent they profited from selling this loser.

Prosperity 2011 Dec 20, 2010

This machine is eligible to be repaired via a recall. Check posts above. We called in, got the recall part ordered and sent to us FREE OF CHARGE, they set up the Sears repair person FREE OF CHARGE and the water transducer part was installed. It is now a few months later and the machine is working well again. btw, our machines are 4 years old, we did pay for the warranty and the machine broke down after the warranty expired. Still the parts is covered under the recall.

Albert Bernshine Dec 26, 2010

We purchased the Oasis in Sept 13, 2007 we are having the same problems, the clothes ane not clean and are even dry in some spots. I too have to use the additional rinse cycle and the prewash just to get the clothes somewhat wet. We will be buying another machine, it won't be a Kenmore and we won't buy it at Sears because the service is terrible.

Josie JW Jan 13, 2011

We purchased an Oasis in late 2006, it quit giving us the F51 error, the serviceman replaced the time for abill of approx $400.00, with the first load of clothes the machine squalled like a belt was slipping, then it made a noise like wheels rolling on a wooden floor, the main spin sounds like a roller coater running on a track and the noise almost runs us out of the house now trying to get Sears to return to redo whithout chargeing again is almost impossible. The dryer also has a timer issue where it says 25 minutes left but it may run for 45 or not shut off at all. It has to be watched, think Sears appliances should be avoided in the future.

• Kn
    K Nak Jan 16, 2011

The Kenmore Elite Washing machine I purchased in '06 ran fine until about 8 mos. ago when it started to take longer to drain and just sounded like it was draining continuously and the pump got louder and louder. When I checked the drain hose nothing was draining, so I thought the pump was bad. But also at the same time I kept getting the 'LD' code and it also seemed to be stuck in a cycle at 23 min and/or 7 min., sometimes it jumps from 19 min to 16 min, also at times on the spin final it ends 2 or 3 minutes early, sometimes I get black marks on my clothing, or soap lines that never rinsed out, not to mention the bad odor sometimes that smells like mildew. Sometimes while wearing the clothes just after washing, it gave off this smell that wreaks, as if it was never washed. Kind of embarrassing because that is the same smell you get from the laundry mat if you happen to pick a washer that is bad or going bad and not draining the water properly leaving some of the dirty water in washer to cycle again. I ended up changing the water pump and the circuit board. It ran good after for about a month and started doing the same thing all over again. It really sucks having to have paid all this money and to read all the bad treatment all of Sear's customers have received. I was just browsing to see if anyone might know what the problem is until I ran across this section. I never received any notification of a class action, or any recall. This is unsat and needs to be brought to someone's attention that cares. I don't know who to call or contact. But I guess I have to start somewhere. We should not have to put up with this crap. Look what happened to Toyota, they took a beating now they are building a plant that specializes in safety for their vehicles, that is taking responsibilty, but only at the cost of their customers after pushing the issue. By the way their kitchen refurbishing program is also too expensive and unprofessional take my word for it I went through their program and the contractor's are below professional and the salesman will not deal with you even after they say contact me if you have any questions or problems. What a crock.

susana.samorano Jan 17, 2011

I have the same problem with Sear Kenmore Oasis Elite. I t just stopped working. I heard they had a recall on these machine, I think they shold have replaced everyone who had purchased one of these machines free of charged after all ( a recall) no instead there letting people still buy these machine like nothing is wrong! Time to gather and sue SEARS BIG TIME! I spent all of money on my machine! I shouldn't have to go through this kind of bad business after all without us the consumer they wouldn't a business at all!.

• Cn
    cnc002 Jan 20, 2011

Joe:

I am an electronics/electrical engineer and software programmer who minored in mechanical engineering, at Georgia Tech. I am 64 yo and just retired from designing, installing, repairing, servicing, etc., computer numerical controlled industrial machinery. I tell you this so you will know my qualifications for the comments I make here.

My wife and I purchased a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer and the matching dryer. First, it DOES wrinkle and tear clothes NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. Second, the electronics on the machine is basically garbage and most of the problems have nothing to do with "computer crashes" but with sub standard wiring and components. Third, no matter WHAT the problem is, Sears simply does not service the machines properly, either because they don't know how or because they don't care. The machines are made by LG, in South Korea and have been for several years. These machines are just not dependable and it has nothing to do with what the owner knows or doesn't know about the machine. The very first thing I did when we got our washer was read the owner's manual, it made NO difference in how the machine performed, based upon the comments I have seen on here, because we continuously have similar problems. I have ordered a new motor control module because we constantly get an F51 code which indicates a problem with the motor positioning. When I was diagnosing the problem I realized how cheap and poorly made the wiring harness was as well as the module itself. I have been told by more than one service person that I might want to keep an extra module on hand because that is one of the most common problems. At around $80.00 each plus shipping, that is not something one wants to hear about a machine that cost well over $1200.00. No matter what you think, these machines are lemons and LG and Sears should be recalling every single one and replacing them with a decent machine. By the way, the ONE thing we have not had happen is anything getting stuck in the pump, I really don't see how that can happen in normal use even without putting bras, etc. into a mesh bag so there must be something wrong with the machines that are doing this. There is nothing misunderstood about these machines except that they are supposed to be top of the line washers when, in fact, they are pretty much bottom of the line. In the past, we have gotten over 20 years out of a Kenmore washer and they were made by Whirlpool, the old Whirlpool. You knew they would work and they did. These new generation machines just aren't any good. Either they are being sold well before the technology has actually been perfected or they are simply being manufactured on the cheap, I go with the latter analysis.

wanted clean clothes Feb 07, 2011

I have had nothing but DISAPPOINTMENT with the Kenmore Elite Oasis washer and the dryer. Do not buy these machines. We've had service here who can't do anything to correct the problems. It's "just the way the machines are made."
    1) Clothes, especially sheets, come out so tangled, I spend several minutes trying to get them out of the machine and untangled
    2) I can't wash anything on the warm cycle. Water comes out either hot or cold, so in order to get warm water, I have to run back to the machine as its filling and change the temp setting to hot.
    3) The washer is very hard on clothes. I've experienced ruined clothing and towels.
    4) the dryer wads everything into a ball. My clothes come out so wrinkled and/or still wet in the middle of the ball.
    Energy efficiency is a joke. I end up re-washing and re-drying loads of clothes.
    In 30+ years of doing laundry, I've never had such laundry problems. If I hadn't paid way too much for these machines, I'd drop them out on my curb for the garbage collector. I couldn't in good conscience re-sell them to anyone by listing in the want ads.

• Ku
    kurt_30 Feb 09, 2011

WARNING! DO NOT STAY IN LAUNDRY AREA WHILE IN SPIN CYCLE- OUR MACHINE TORQUED ITSELF APART! We bought the machine in 2006 and had periodic beeps when not using it. I never saw any error codes but the pump would run on it's own when the lid was up and the machine was turned off.
    On it's final run (one set of queen sheets) it was in a spin cycle (I called it the wrinkle cycle) the thing EXPLODED. The sides are blown outward, the plastic tub is in shreds ant the entire top of the machine (control panel and all) were sitting on my dryer. It also managed to tear a hole in my drywall during it's death throes! If someone had been near it they could have been killed. There was no warning of unbalanced load or anything.
    Of course we are having the same run around since we didn't buy a maintenance agreement. After explaining the seriousness of the failure they have graciously agreed to send a tech out to 'repair' our machine and have sent us a control board. We told them that a new control board wouldn't quite do the job but our situation doesn't fit into their flowchart of denial of service. The repair guy comes tomorrow and I can't wait to see his face on this one.
    I hope Sears takes this problem seriously. If someone gets hurt or killed by these time bombs Sears will go down in flames a lot quicker. If any attorneys want some supporting doucments and a blown up machine for a case- I've got one available.

raymond riley Feb 14, 2011

Purchased machine in 2007 and still having problems. I'm better off getting another machine. My warranties are up and I'm having the same problems and the washing machine can never be fixed.

alanmoote Mar 09, 2011

Our Kenmore Elite Oasis displays the UL code prior to going to the Spin Cycle on almost every load. The machine is perfectly level and the loads are distributed evenly. From reading the comments posted on several forums it looks like we bought an expensive bad machine and are stuck with it. I checked the recall number and our m, achine doesn't qualify.

• Ar
    Art Hagen Mar 11, 2011

Its obvious the Oasis Washing machine is not a good product. Our machine was purchased in March, 2006. In January 2008 the first problem was a bad bleach dispenser that had to be replaced.
    In February 2008 the hinge on the lid broke.
    In January 2009 we started having problems with the machine going off balance. Service man said we were putting the cloths in wrong, one of the stupidest statements I have ever heard. The service man ran the machine without any problem.
    Since then it is a very rare time when the machine will go through a complete cycle without shaking to the point of jumping several inches and shutting down during the spin cycle, knotting the cloths into a tight ball, failure to dispense the appropriate product, etc.. I will not call for service again, the next step will be a trip to the junk yard with it. I will not purchase any more appliances from Sears in the future. Period.

• Sm
    smartmatt Mar 15, 2011

I agree with all of the complaints against Kenmore. I have a Kenmore Oasis Elite washer and dryer. When my wife and I moved into our home the machines were already there and were pretty new. For the past several months we have been getting the F1 error which from what I found out is a bad control board. I read on forums that my model # and serial # should be covered under the Kenmore recall as they found these machines to have defective control boards. After speaking with someone from Kenmore I found out that my machine was not included in the recall for this board and there was nothing they can do for me. I then tried calling Sears Customer Care and they agreed to send a tech to our house to see what the problem was. After the tech checked out our machine and looked in his computer under our model # and serial # he also researched the control board # and found that there was a recall from Kenmore on this part. The tech proceeded to fix our machine by replacing the control board free of charge for the part but Sears still insisted on getting paid the $129 labor and travel fees. I always thought in this country when there is a recall on a product like a car that the consumer doesn't pay for labor when the company finds that a part in a machine they sell is materially defective. Unless I am mistaken Sears should stand behind what they sell and not charge customers for a service that should plainly be free. Any ideas on how to get back the $129 I paid out to the service company?

Prosperity 2011 Mar 16, 2011

We had the same problem, ordered the part from the Sears # AND made the labor arrangement through another phone # provided. I do not have time to find my original post but it was about 3 months ago under prosperity.

denchris1210 Mar 27, 2011

We purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis top loader on July 30 2006. Have not had one single problem (thankfully) until about 4 months ago when every single load of laundry would go unbalanced and it would give the UL code. I would stand there and babysit the washer to make sure it would finish the cycle so the clothes could finally go in the dryer. My husband and I did a rinse/spin cycle without anything in the washer. The washer was COMPLETELY EMPTY and yet the drum started rattling and shaking all over the place and started beeping...there's that UL code again..COMPLETELY EMPTY. We've checked to make sure the balancing rods are still all in one piece since this damn thing sounds like its coming through the wall at times, yep they're fine. The washer is 100% level. The washer has gotten progressively worse throughout the last few weeks. The load that just came out of the washer has taken 2 days this time. I get so excited when I see that little green light lit that says clothes clean I think I'm starting to lose my mind...I came across this website and someone posted the 1-800 recall number. We never received ANY notification from Sears that these machines were under recall. So a few hours ago I called the number and found out that the washer is in fact part of the recall and they are sending out an "upgraded control panel" that I should have within the next 3-5 days. Then I have to call back and let them know I received it and schedule a repair tech to come out to install it. After reading all these posts with all the problems others have had with this machine I am thankful mine has been fine up until recently, however if this "upgraded control panel" doesn't fix the problem, I will be taking a sledgehammer to this washing machine I paid $1500 for.

• Cm
    cmrobinson Apr 27, 2011

I was just trying to research about how much is will cost to replace the computer in the same Kenmore Oasis Elite Washer Machine, that I bought in 2006 for all of the same reasons everyone else did. Energy /water savings, quiet system, large machine. To only end up with purchasing the warranty for 3-years that I never had to use, until after it was over. Called for a service call - paid around 150.00 for that. Now, 1 -ydar later, not under warranty anymore - the computer system is out. I use to really like my machine - but owning a washer machine should not be this expensive. My mom has had the same washer for over 10-years with no service calls needed. I spent well over $1K for a machine with warranties and all and just spent my Sunday after noon in the laundry mat washing. Yes a law suit is in order. I have my receipt and I now need to have someone come and remove the machine - that will not turn on - since the computer system is out, and is smelling badly - since there is water left that has not drained out. Truly a nightmare! This machine needs to be recalled.

• Jp
    JPSMITH May 19, 2011

The Sears Oasis Elite Washer is terrible! It's Energy efficient because you can't run it! It's been out of service for 4 weeks, again! This happens once a year. It takes two weeks before any service repair person will come to the house - then they diagnose the problem and order parts. A new technician shows up, diagnoses another problem orders more parts. Wait two more weeks for service - Still no washer. When I call the 800# I get the usual, "I am sorry, mam. I understand, Mam. Is there anything else I can help you with Mam?" DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WASHER, OR ANY WASHER FROM SEARS!

• Re
    ReginaMar Jun 10, 2011

Three years old and this is the first time I've had trouble, but it's big trouble. Of course my service contract recently expired and the warantee doesn't seem to cover anything. Sears used to be good about this and let you buy a new service contract at the time you needed service, but no more. Now they're as useless as everyone else...waited a week for someone to come out to even look at it and I am told it will be two weeks before he's back with the parts and it will cost almost $400 to repair. This was not a cheap machine. Add the cost of the expired service contract and the $400 repair and I could've bought 3 regular washers. I am very disappointed in Sears and this appliance. I won't be buying Kenmore ever again.

Preet007 Jun 25, 2011

I agree with the above complaints about this Kenmore Oasis Washer. I bought this in May 2006 and have all the above problems including the LF(low flow), UL(uneven load), F1, F51. The recall number is a joke too. The part is only warrantied for 9o days. I have had the control motor assembly unit replaced 2 times within 28 months. That's too soon! The inside of the machine is rusted. The rust showed up within 2yrs. Pretty bad craftsmanship, flawed mechanics, buggy motherboards. It's going to the dumpster as soon as I purchase a new washer from Lowe's. I'm going with the Whirlpool or GE brand this time.

cadamson Aug 30, 2011

This is the response I got after going through BBB for my Sears Kenmore washer.
    Dear Ms. Virghes:
    We have completed our investigation of Ms. Adamson's complaint regarding her washer. The reality exists that no matter how high the quality is on the items we sell, the potential always exists for a product to fail. We also understand how frustrating this can be to a consumer, especially after the manufacturer's warranty has expired and covered repairs are not an option. This industry wide lack of coverage after one year is one of the main reasons we, like most other retailers, offer all of our customers the opportunity to purchase an extended warranty. It is always the customer's choice on whether they would like the peace of mind that would come with having an extended warranty.
    Ms. Adamson purchased her washer on June 9, 2007, which had a one-year manufacturer's warranty for parts and labor. In March of 2008, we notified customers who purchased Kenmore branded Oasis washer that they may be eligible for free, upgraded control board which featured new software designed to improve the washer's spin performance. At no time has the manufacturer or the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a recall of the Kenmore Oasis washer. Based on the model number and serial number of Ms. Adamson's washer, it does not qualify for a free repair since the serial number was not recorded within the specified range. This means that the washer had already received the upgraded control board and it is likely why Ms. Adamson did not receive a direct communication from Sears in 2008. Ms. Adamson has been financially responsible for the maintenance and repair of her washer since June 9, 2008, and therefore, we are unable to reimburse her incurred repair costs.
    We apologize to Ms. Adamson on behalf of Sears Holdings Corporation and we appreciate the opportunity to review this issue. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely,
    Leslie Daley
    Regulatory Complaint Specialist
    Sears Holdings Corporation
    800-762-3049 x 87742
    512-248-7742 direct
    [email protected]
    The reality exists that no matter how high the quality is on the items we sell, the potential always exists for a product to fail...????? Seriously??? SEARS have you been on this website...? Have you check out the other 10 to 12 that are dedicated to this problem???

jeffff Aug 31, 2011

this is a new low for sears this is our 2nd hunk of junk from them now this one has more problems then the first but this is were the story gets good I called them on 8/29/11 and they told me to put extended warranty on it so like a dummy I did then they came out to look at it and sais they could not get parts for it anylonger and it was junk and no refund on the new warranty.

R and J Oct 28, 2011

Our Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer is losing its mind, not completing wash cycles. We dread the potential repair bill. We'd like to buy a simple old-school mechanically controlled washer -- enough with the flimsy electronic controls!

Roninson Mar 18, 2012

Hi we bought Kenmore Elite Oasis he in 2007 it is now 2012 and I have had every part of this machine fixed twice every 6 monthes I have to a servece man in these machines are crap.

• Du
    durrer6 Jun 02, 2012

wow!! Just woke up to water everywhere. Bottom of washer is leaking. have replaced the board, balance rods etc. why don't they make washers like they used to. Sears used to have quality washer now they are junk!

• El
    ElementsofLife_1982 Jun 29, 2012

Wow, I am having the same EXACT issue just like everyone else!!! I had a technician came to our house Dec' 11 to replace a part. Then now I am receiving a F1 error message. I have to keep hit cancel then start...cancel then start...cancel...the start...I guess you get the point. Now a new error message appears right before the rinse/spin cycle. The washer machine also tears my towels and clothing. I would suggest to anyone please do not by Kenmore Elite Oasis washer machine. The Sears Customer Care Dept. is no help; they can help you become more frustrated. Finally, I called Sears Customer Relations Dept. a tech. is coming to diagnosed my washer machine. The Customer Relations Dept. also waived my service charge fee.

• Hk
    HKDollar Jul 15, 2012

I agree with you all. These machines are GARBAGE and the Sears Customer Service is WORSE!!! I bought the Kenmore Oasis HE washer and matching dryer in 2007 and started having problems with the machine (UL error) since 2011. Since my machine is not on the recall list, although from these reviews it sounds like it should be, Sears will not repair the machine nor provide the parts for it to be repaired. I would not recommend this machine nor any other appliance from Sears to anyone!

• Cd
    cdcleer Aug 28, 2012

WOW, I am having almost all the same problems. The F1, ordered a new board for $200.00. Replaced it and the F1 went away. Now the Sd code, so we followed a technicians directions by pouring half a a gallon of vinegar through a wash cycle and now it stops at 12 minutes and not completing spins out. When it slows down to stop it sounds like your downshifting. We have spent too much money already. It is gonna cost $130.00 for a sears technician to come out, not including any more parts its needs. I will never spend another dime at Sears again. My next machine will be an LG which rates very well and is only $750.00, not $1000.00 like we spent for this one that only lasted over 4 years. Very Very disappointed with this company and products.

disapponted Aug 30, 2012

My husband and I purchased the Kenmore Oasis Elite Quietpak4 several years ago and we absolutely hate the washer. It can't any load of any size . . . I have to wash my sheets separately . . top sheet and maybe the pillow cases and then the bottom fitted sheet separately. Even by doing this the machine sounds like it is going to go through the laundry room wall!!! I've never heard such noise. I absolutely hate the machine. It takes the least thing to make it get off balance and I'm constantly having to run to the laundry room to reposition the load. It will twist a sheet until it is almost impossible to straighten it out. And some loads it looks like a big mushroom when I open the lid. I never feel my clothes are clean. I am 65 years old and I've had Sears products all of my 45 years of marriage and I've never had a washer as much of a lemon as this one!!! I cannot believe the Sears has fallen this low to sell a washer as bad as this. I just wonder how many of these have been sold to people! My husband and I went to the store where we purchased ours with pictures shortly after we bought it and the sales people there didn't seem to care and made every excuse they could.

James_09 Sep 27, 2012

This is terrible. I am now running into the same issues. I have a Kenmore Oasis washer and I am also getting these L1 codes. The washer itself smells. I bought this unit back in 2007. Now they are wanting me to pay an arm and a leg for a repair. I would not have a problem paying for it, but this is a reoccurring issue with so many people. I do not want to have to pay for a repair that will only fix the equipment temporarily. I do not want to pay for a reoccurring issue. If I was the only one or even a few people having this issue, I would pay. But when you can sit there and google this machine and on the first page you start seeing the how to repair, class action lawsuit, and low ratings, then there is a bigger issue than just a few machines breaking down. I have talked to so many people from India today, I am about done with Sears. Have a hard time understanding them and it makes it even more frustrating when they can not help you. Plus it is pretty bad when their own sales people can tell you about the issues with that type of machine. When is Sears going to own up to the fact that they have sold a defective product.

susan zezzo Nov 02, 2012

all these complaints, what if anything can we do? my oasis is dispensing rust on my clothes from the blistering on the drum, it is only 3 years old [email protected]

Judith Davis Dec 18, 2012

I bought the Oasis set in 2009 plus paid dearly for the extended warranty. Just made my third call for a dryer repair. Could have called several times prior but I stood there waiting for the clothes to dry and manually opening the door after pushing the "stop" button. The time would go from the original setting of 48 minutes and go as high as 93 minutes...never to come back down even though the clothes were DRY!
    Had had no trouble with the washer until today. Could not get it to stay set on "normal". For the price I paid, I could & should rightfully expect better service. Called for repair and a tech will be here in 2 days. All well and good; however, I want rid of these lemons. Feel that some restitution should be forthcoming. We will see but I will be an EX-SEARS CUSTOMER if something isn't done. Judith Davis

c&p Jan 05, 2013

We purchased the Kenmore Elite Oasis in May of 2007, and have had problems with it . We are getting the error code F1 . I was told there was a recall on it but is being covered under what they call a upgraded at not cost . I made a call today @ 800-847-9083 and spoke with a rep, she took all my information and I explained the issue, she told me I no longer have the extended warranty and there is nothing she can do, however she gave me a couple of websites to go to troubleshoot the issue . I explained I was very disappointed with this washer, and the set was not cheap and at the time I thought I was buying top of the line . If there are so many problems with these washers then why isn't something being done ? I am now at the point of do I put more money into this washer or do I purchase a new one . If the decision is made to purchase another washer it won't be a Kenmore . And I will think twice before I purchase anymore appliances from sears . Had I read reviews on this set I would never have purchased it . But I will do reviews next time . When you are spending that kind of money you need to make sure you are getting what you paid for . Very Disappointed !

• Mr
    Mr. Unhappy100 Jan 24, 2013

Purchased an Oasis Washer in 2008. Having many of the same problems discussed here including clothes not getting clean, smelly clothes, and now the spin cycle is so loud you can't hear anything when it's spinning. Done with this hunk of junk, going back to the old style washer. Sears should stand behind their product and recall these pieces of ...

carlitosway Feb 08, 2013

As much as I like Sears, it's too hard to ignore all the negative comments. I too have a Kenmore Elite Oasis washer/dryer that I purchased in 2007 and have been having problems with the washer for the last 6 months. I've also been getting the dreaded F1 error code but have found a way to get around it. I was told it had to do with a water temperature sensor so I simply turn the hot water on in the faucet and once the hot water begins to pour, I start the washer. Usually it only takes several tries as opposed to the dozen or so tries required when I don't do this. Oh well, guess Sears won't be getting my business on the next washer I purchase because karma. However, I still am very happy with all the tools and great deals I got on them. Kenmore on the other hand, I don't think so...

• 21
    21...SADD Mar 02, 2013

It should put enough water on the clothes that they get wet...Also the rotten egg smell at start up is crazy stupid...Has damaged many clothes by twisting everything into a ball of mess...Actually has put black stuff on some clothes while in the wash...Yes, the clean machine cycle has been used many times...this machine is just a lemon and we should get some help on this...

carlitosway Mar 03, 2013

Just want to say I think Sears is a great company. When I purchased the Oasis washer and drier set I did so because the manufacturer of these is actually Whirlpool...yes, that's right, they were made by Whirlpool and sold under the Sears Kenmore brand. And yet, when the washer broke less than 5 years later it was Sears that stepped up to the plate and offered a discount on a new washer of my choosing, or a discount on repairs. Nevertheless, the manufacturer is Whirlpool, which has always gathered great attention based on the quality of their products and reliability. Hope we remember that before choosing to shop at Sears again as I've always felt they sell great products at great prices. Plus, it's a classic American company that's been around for many years. I hope they don't get replaced with some company from communist China... Buy products Made in America, for our Country's sake, please. Thanks for reading my rant.

• So
    So-Overwhelmed Apr 28, 2013

We are totally dissatisfied with our purchase of the Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer and Dryer that we bought from Sears in 2007. The machines do not stand up to the standards or quality that Sears made them out to be. We are totally surprised that "Kenmore" would construct such faulty machines and that Sears would sell them. We have always has faith in Kenmore products in the past and have always supported same. We have also always loved Sears products and had much faith there also. The Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer and Dryer have been a horror story in our house. This was a dreaded nightmare to have purchased these items. We purchased the extended warranty in the beginning and have since purchased 2 additional extended warranties to no avail. Between the "UL", F1, and F51 codes we don't know what to do. This has been a constant issue with the washer since we've had it and the dryer doesn't dry the clothes so we end up having to hang clothes all over the house to dry. We have also had to spend countless hours and tons of money that we don't have washing at a local laundry spot which takes up all of our time for a family of 5. This is quite shameful of Sears and Kenmore to advertise such machines that they know do not work. Research show a tremendous amount of complaints on these systems and that they have faulty bearings that should have been recalled to Sears never did do a recall from what we've read. If there is anyone out there that can point us in the right direction to get some relief from these heartaches we would be forever grateful. Please HELP us...we are so overwhelmed. We just want a washer and dryer that works Please!! Thank you. So-Overwhelmed

• Ll
    LLHouse Oct 29, 2013

Our oasis washer is only 2 years old but last night it repeatedly turned on by itself and gave us all sorts of error codes including c1. The basin started filling up with water all on its own. We had to run a drain and spin cycle to get the water out and then we just unplugged the machine. I'm afraid to use it now because I don't know if it's capable of functioning normally now.

• Ls
    lsk1 Jan 17, 2014

We purchased our Oasis washer in 2007 and it's been a nightmare. Within a year we started having problems so we called Sears. I was told they would replace the panel at no cost to us. The repairman came out, took everything apart, called someone, then told me that it would cost $145.00. I called Sears and was told that he would put the old part back in and leave if I didn't pay. What choice did I have? Within 2 months the same thing started happening. (Everything everyone is talking about here). We've been dealing with it since. Whoever got the choice of choosing another washer consider yourself lucky. We haven't bought from Sears since and never will again. We should have just burned the $800.00 the washer cost us in our wood stove, it would have gone further. Sears obviously isn't the store it used to be.

Maureen Hamilton Feb 17, 2014

We purchased a Kenmore Oasis washer and dryer in 2009. problems with the washer (F1 error) started in 2013. I found the recall letter regarding the control board online but did not receive one myself. I called Sears who asked me to forward said letter to them so they did authorize free replacement of control board which was installed two weeks ago. February 14, 2014 the machine started to pump out water from the back or underneath the machine flooding my laundry room, kitchen and bathroom. I now have an expensive insurance claim and my house full of machinery from the restoration company trying to dry out the three rooms after which floors will have to be replaced and walls repaired. If there is a class action lawsuit in Canada could someone let me know? Why was this machine still being sold after all the problems were reported?
    Maureen Hamilton
    BC, Canada

RollTideTN Dec 28, 2014

I have been having the dreaded F51 error on my Oasis HE washer. I have had the control board replaced years ago under recall/warranty (but that was not the source of the problem). I have replaced the tub suspension rods (which seemed to fix the problem for a while). But today I think I've found the source - the rotor position sensor connector was not making complete contact. Thanks to a comment by "amadon" from 2007 on the "fixya" site it is working now (1 small and 2 very large loads all back-to-back without a single error! - the load before the fix got 25-30 errors). "amadon"s comment was: "Disconnect three prong rotor position sensor harness located under machine clean connectors crimp harness to fit tighter and it should fix problem if not then replace control board i am a sears tech and i see about 5 a week 90% of time its a loose connection to rotor position sensor" - I CRIMPED the connection (be careful it is plastic) and everything is now good!

John R Kronenberger Nov 29, 2015

Same issues and agree with all comments above. Several service callsand no permanent resolution. The operating buttons still require multiple pushes, its to the point a screw driver is required. Solution: we are dumping this "Elite" POS today and buying a Samsung - larger capacity, better warranty, and on SALE.

danny Turner Mar 06, 2016

died! not even 3 years old!!! repairman says the "control computer " is bad, , , , and it costs $329---the whole machine was only $349!!!
    Kenmore used to be a good and trusted name in appliances...not any more.. ...IT IS JUNK!!! AND... I'm out an additional $100 for the repairman!
    It is the last Kenmore ANYTHING that i will buy.

danny Turner Mar 08, 2016

Sears is poo poo

• Jm
    %Jm1965 Apr 28, 2016

The Kenmore Elite is a pile of garbage and a waste of money. Kenmore who is owned by Sears should be held responsible for this fraud they call the Oasis Elite. It's time for Sears/Kenmore to be put out of business. Even if there's a class action lawsuit, nothing will happen. They might be forced by the court to hand out a low value voucher for a new washer and dryer but that will not change anything. The best way this should be fought is for us as consumers never shop at Sears again and tell our friends. Hit them right where it counts, in their wallet!. So get on social media and Yelp to combat this travesty.

• Fr
    franklin45 Jul 13, 2016

I also hate my Oasis Elite washer. It does not get my clothes clean.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices