693 Canton Rd, Akron, OH, 44312, US
Sat:9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

US BankUnethical behaviour

My name is Beth Tigelman,

This complaint concerns the US bank located at 693  Canton Rd. Akron, Oh 44312.

My husband and I started to process a refinance loan clear back in early January of 2021. The girl we talked with  was Kylia Mosley, who we found to be very helpful and friendly. She seemed to always acknowledge us when we entered the bank, even when it had nothing to do with our loan process.

Finally we were to go and sign the final papers on 02-12-21 and we told that Kylia had been transferred and that Bethany Niswander would be handling the final closing. We arrived to sign the papers only to find out that the escrow had not been calculated into the loan. We were told at that time it would take a few more days!

I stopped in at the bank and inquired toward the end of February, because my payment would be due to the mortgage company on 03-01-21. Bethany informed me that I needed to call the mortgage company (Flagstar) and get some information from them. I had no idea what she was talking about and did not feel like it was my responsibility to obtain any information. She was very rude and said, "this bank is short handed and I don't have time to call Flagstar, you need to call and get the information." What???

My husband and I have been married for 42 years and have had many loans, none of which we had to acquire information to close a loan, except the normal paperwork required to obtain the loan, in the first place (w 2's, debit, income etc.). Bethany was very rude and condescending  and I did not appreciate her attitude. Because she was unable to help us, I ended up having to make a 03-01-21 payment to Flagstar.

My husband contacted Flagstar and got  the information he thought Bethany needed, he emailed her the information and asked her to let him know if that is what she needed to finish this loan. That was on Tuesday 03-02-21 at 11:07 am. Today is Friday 03-05-21, she finally called to say we can come in and sign the final papers on 03-10-21.

In short, I think the customer service at this bank is terrible. For two cents I would have taken my business somewhere else. This is the first time in my life I have felt compelled to write a complaint about anyone or anything. We are just getting so used to poor job performance!! Back in the day you would have been fired for talking to a customer the way Bethany talked to me.

A dissatisfied customer,