7505 Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove, CA, 95758, US
Sat:9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

CVS

CVSUnethical behaviour

On June 24th, 2021 My mother had a surgery. She was discharged late around 6:30 pm doctor had given me written prescription for her pain medication. I was aware that CVS pharmacy where my mom gets her medication closes at 7 pm therefore I rushed to pharmacy and arrived there at 6:45 pm. When I went there there were two customers ahead of me. After me there was no one, it was only me. When my turn came and showed the prescription to Technician, right away she starred at her watch and reminded me that it was late and they were closing within 15 minutes, I reminded her that she had 15 minutes to close. She told me oh I cannot fill the medication especially the pain pill because it was narcotic. I told her my mom was in pain and she was just discharged and she is in excruciating pain right now and she cannot spend night without pain medication. Technician took the prescription to the pharmacist and showed her and both of them murmured between each other and I saw technician showing her watch to the pharmacist. Pharmacist came to me and told me it was too late to fill the pain medication because there were no doctors at the hospital. I told her per discharge nurse I was told doctors were there until 10 pm if something didn't work pharmacist can call the nurse station. In short, Pharmacist never called and both pharmacist and technician started helping others who came after me and ignored me. Later, pharmacist came to me and told me she called the hospital and doctors had already left. I told her I can bring the discharge paperwork and she can call the nurse station which I did. After few minutes both technician and pharmacist told me they couldn't read the prescription. I had to take the prescription to Walgreen and other CVS pharmacy, I had presented the prescription to both technician over there and they were able to read. By the time I got to other CVS pharmacy it was too late and had to wait until next day to get my mothers medication. She had to spend her night in pain. On June 29th the Pharmacy supervisor (Kimberly Uyeda) called me regarding my complain and when I mentioned her, the behavior of her two staff members she was defending them and told me that it was too late to write them up. But she told me she wrote them up for staying over 5 minutes. Which to me she sounded like she doesn't care about her Customers. She started lying to me that there patients before me and her staff had to help them. Which was totally lie to me. There are cameras in the pharmacy and can be a proof.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Do
      Donald Tenn Oct 21, 2021

I have been reading the complaints about CVS pharmacy and how customers have been shorted their necessary schedule II pain medications. I realize this happens, but, I myself to the best of my knowledge never been shorted any medications.
      Nothing good comes from pain medicine, it is sometimes a necessary evil... I hope everyone feels better soon!

• Mg
      M. Green Jul 03, 2021

Another example of poor, very poor customer relations by CVS employees. Both employees should be reprimanded or fired for causing another human being excessive pain. This stubborn attitude by CVS employees cannot be tolerated and is indicative of poor management from the ground floor to the top.

• Bi
      BIair88 Jul 05, 2021

@M. Green You are disgusting for wanting someone fired.