US Cellularunauthorized charges

V

I was ripped off by us cellular. I decided to change my cell phone company because I needed nation wide coverage. Well I called and canceled and payed my bill up to date. Note: I was with this provider for eight years. I then turned off my phone and it went into a drawer. Now a year later I went to a bank to get a home loan and was denied. Apparently I owed US Cellular for some reason. I called the company and started to get this resolved. They informed me that they couldn't even talk to me because they had sold my account to a collection company. Remember they never sent me a bill or called my LAN line to tell me my account was still on or past due. Even though I called and canceled my account. They told me I never called to have it turned off. I actually did twice because I had friends who had a problem that was the same as my current problem. Well then I called the Collection company, This was a huge joke. They harassed me to settle my account and kept calling after They had my phone#. They told me to call US Cellular to settle the problem. So I did. They again told me to call the collection agency. So again I did. Again they told me to Call US Cellular. I finally got through to some manager type at US Cellular, She told me I would have to have a court ordered subpoena for them to let me see or talk to me about my own account information. Well for a couple hundred dollars I am not going to get a lawyer involved. So I called back the collection agency and talked them down 40% to settle the account. I felt robbed, They had held me hostage with my credit just to make a few hundred bucks. Now my credit is trashed and I cant buy a house. So I have decided to make my life a vendeta against this evil cooperation. I have talked to about 20 other previous customers of US Cellular. This happens to 1 in 3 US Cellular customers when they try to cancel their accounts. My next step will be to talk to my congressman, and get a lawyer involved to start a class action lawsuit.

• Pa
    PamBorns May 17, 2011

I am with U.S Cellular i got 11 lines with them and i pay them over 1000 a month i have been with them over 2 yrs this month they took 4 payments instead of 2 payments out of my account overdrawing my checking account hundreds of dollars. When i called U.S Cellular i was told that they will not pay the overdraft charges nor would they waive the 50.00 of return ach charges that were coming back on my account on the payments they took that was there fault. This was told by me from pattty in the presidents corporate office. I cannot wait to change all my lines over to att and i will not reccommend U.S Cellular to anyone they are crooks and they are rude nasty and arrogant.

• Fr
    FreedomFighter Mar 17, 2011

@jacobblahblahblah
    Are you frigging kidding? Really? Look. It's pretty clear you are a shill for USCC. Why else would you barf your meaningless one-liner? The BBB rating is hardly a measure of a company. What is a measure? The fact that in the last three years. USCC had about 1200 BBB complaints filed. That says far more about USCC than the BBB rating ever could. As to your LAN crap... get over it. If I hard the displeasure of reading much of your writings past the one-liner above, I would guarantee that I would find much to laugh at. Now, paid shill, go screw yourself.

jacobwalters85 Feb 12, 2011

I doubt very seriously that you are going to have a class action suit against the wireless provider with the highest customer satisfaction rating. Oh, and for your information, its called a "land line or landline." A LAN is a a local computer network for communication between computers; especially a network connecting computers and word processors.