[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club — unethical behavior and misleading sales tactics (class action lawsuit)
I recently visited the secrets resort in puerto vallarta. While doing the time share presentation we had our reservations about joining uvc, but the sales associate showed us the benefits of rci and that we would be getting 4 free weeks at just the exchange fee of $249, plus 1 free week at zoetry (a top notch am resort) with our membership. We looked through the rci website and saw some pretty great resorts, what they didn't tell us was that our free weeks could only be used at maybe 1/3 of those, all of which of course are crappy. The 249 "exchange fee" does not include additional resort fees, that almost all the resorts charge so the cost ends up being almost what you would pay anyways!! After finding this out I then called and questioned about my "free zoetry week" only to find out that when I did test it by booking of a random week to see what I would be charged, it came out to $3k!!! My free week that I would earn after I paid my balance would cost me 3k lol!!! Literally every part of this membership that sold me was a complete lie! The worst part was that we put 2k down that we were planning on using for our family vacation 6 weeks later, and the resort we had planned on staying at was on the rci website. So we got sold on the "hey put the 2k down and you can use one of your weeks!!' well our weeks were not deposited in time to use, and even when it was finally put into our account to use, the final cost if we had was still 1k!!! Not the 249 exchange. We got totally used all the way around. I cried for days after this. I don't know if they understand how terrible this is for people on a limited budget who plan for these vacations and save for them, to then use it against someone like they will save money and get what they actually promise in their presentations. I'm planning on putting a class action lawsuit against them if anyone would like to join please let me know!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Unlimited Vacation Club Customer Care's Response, Jul 22, 2019
Good morning Thank you for writing us. We are sorry about the experience. Please send us your member ID through a private message and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you.
If you prefer, log into https://www.unlimitedvacationclub.com/Contact and select your country of residence from de box on the left, type your telephone number suitable time you wish to be called by one agent.
More Unlimited Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club - misleading and lies - I know because I worked there 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club - cancellation of membership 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club/AMResorts/GBS International Inc. - falsified promises 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - ability to cancel within the mexican statutory time 
- AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club - unethical sales practices 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club - membership
- Unlimited Vacation Club/AMResorts - vacation club scam 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - sales presentation
- Unlimited Vacation Club (AM Resorts) - fraudulent and deceptive sales practices 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club - ultimate vacation club fraud and lies