United Auto CreditErrenous info on Experian Credit Report

I discovered last Fri (3-19-'10) that United Auto Credit has me, on the Experian Credit Report, as having my '06 Suzuki repossed & I owed $7, 000+. The car was totally pd-off by my ins. co. & I even received a check for over $1, 000 fr UAC. This has been ruining my credit. This accident occured June of '08 & UAC has greatly blemished my ability to get a loan-for anything.
I ask that UAC contact me & settle this error. I am told also-it's illegal for UAC to have repossessed my car. My payments & ins. were current. I am having diffucility finding UAC's phone # but this is 2nd writing of problem.
Mabe UAC would like 2 buy me a new car? Instead of a lawsuit?
Seems appropiate.