United Air Temphvac issues and don, the manager

S

It has been two weeks since the initial inspection was done (May 30, 2017). At the time it was determined the temperatures within my home are different and that I have an old system and states they recommend an upgrade for the HVAC. The service person said he would call Don to come and make some recommendations. He suggested that I can replace the refrigerant or upgrade the system because of normal wear and tear.
They did not submit the diagnostic to AHS. AHS has reached out to United Air Temp several times and yet United Air Temp has not provided this diagnostic.
Two weeks later and with an infant at home in the midst of summer approaching, I called to find out why there is a delay in submitting this information. He claims he will reach out and recommend a leak test. I asked why he wouldn't detail the fact that he priced AND RECOMMENDED to upgrade the system and he gave me a run around answer.
I decided to get a second and third opinion while United Air Temp dragged their feet. Both companies found the solution and stated wear and tear, and quoted me at half the cost of United Air Temp!
I have read several reviews stating similar issues and all goes back to Don, the manager, providing deferring information to the customer and AHS. Seems to me like they are attempting to conduct services off warranty to make more money.
United Air Temp is a rip-off and after reading all the negative reviews, I am starting to wonder why AHS would make such a horrible recommendation and keep United Air Temp as a contractor. Is this a scam?!?!!?!