United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating Logo

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating

Having problems with United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating?

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 29, 2009. The latest review United Air Temps in Cahoots with American Home Shield was posted on Apr 1, 2021. The latest complaint AC was resolved on Apr 24, 2013. United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 16 reviews. United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating has resolved 6 complaints.

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating Customer Service Contacts

6900 Hill Park Drive
Lorton, Virginia
United States - 22079

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating Customer Service. Initial United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating. Discuss the issues you have had with United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating Complaints & Reviews

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & HeatingUnited Air Temps in Cahoots with American Home Shield

American Home Shield is using the HVAC sales company, United Air Temps to get out of paying for covered repairs. United Air temps will write up bogus diagnosis most of which require things not covered by American Home Shield.

United Air Temps comes out on a SALES CALL not a service call! They are there to sell you something. AHS is their co-conspirator and their lead generating service. AHS saves money as the diagnosis provided by UAT call for items not covered by AHS. Win Win. Stay away.

Oct 19, 2020

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heating — Did not uphold warranty

Huge issue with the Maryland extension of this company. Outside of the initial interactions years ago when...

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heatingfaucet replacement

Moen model number 7594srs faucet replaced for $777.00!! Checked amazon, Home Depot and Lowe's. Cost of faucet 220.00. So I was charged $557.00 for install? Yes, I agreed to the replacement but I thought I was getting a high end faucet. The one they took out was touch and cost over $100 more than their replacement. I also am left with a hole in my granite because the replacement faucet didn't even include a soap/lotion dispenser! I guess UAT used the Moen srp of $458.50. Still, over $300 to install a faucet??? Tried to call them to discuss. Spend 30 minutes on the phone to be told I had to be transferred to a manager. Was told if he didn't answer to leave a message. Of course, no call back.

United Air Temp Air Conditioning & Heatingair conditioning unit repair

American Home Shield contracted my repairs with them. It took 3 1/2 weeks to get parts and then they were the WRONG parts! The manager/supervisor refused to contact me or hear my complaint. The service was unprofessional, bootleg and incompetent!!! Dont do it. Refuse to use them if AHS tries to push them off on you. This is my 2nd time being subjected to them. The first time was about 2 years ago and I just forgot the name, but wony EVER make that mistake again!

United Air Temp — hvac issues and don, the manager

It has been two weeks since the initial inspection was done (May 30, 2017). At the time it was determined the...

United Air TempCame out for ac cleaning service for 69.99 and broke my a/c unit

I did not give permission to american home shield to provide my info for future business to their subcontractors. American home shield provided my contact information from a previous service call to united air temp company who solicited their business promotion ac cleaning service for 69.99 and broke my a/c unit. The hvac tech noah cut my blower wire ; he stayed on the phone with his manager to walk him thorough how to get the blower working. This took about one hour. He also removed my thermostat. My a/c will not get cold and go below 75 degrees. It feels like the fan is only blowing. After 2 hrs of noah's departure i called united air temp company to complain about the heat. He came back but did not fix my a/c and told me his manager simone would come in the morning to fix my unit. Simone showed up in the morning and did not fix my unit but gave me my check back and told me he could not help me!!

Janice Warren Apr 01, 2021

United Air Temps and American Home Shield are still hustling AHS customers. Its a win win. UAT gets AHS out of paying as they claim the repairs required are all self pay /not covered and UAT gets a free cornered sales lead?

United Air TempService

Once upon a time we were happy with this company, but that was over 6 years ago. They installed a unit in our home, then a unit in a rental property. Initial service was quite good. Then the bottom fell out. I do not know if it was a change in management, or simply that they had accomplished the big dollar sales. The service now is a travesty. Most upsetting is the poorly disguised pressure-sales event they call yearly maintenance. One is contractually obligated to have a service once a year for approximately $50 to "maintain" the unit to forestall any problems. What instead occurs is a 5 minute glance at the unit then a heavy push for any number of products that just happen to be on sale that day! Such was the case when a tech told my tenant that he had black mold on his unit but that for the paltry price of $250 an "acid wash" could be done that would keep him and his family from the suffering that mold can cause. I personally inspected the unit. There was no mold. I had a professional contractor inspect the unit. There was no mold. The tenant was still quite upset even after reassurances. I inquired of the tech as to his training re: mold remediation. He had none but stated that he was instructed to offer this service. When I discussed it with the Lorton, VA manager he denied any such instruction and stated that the tech should never have offered such a diagnosis. Recently, at my home the $50 went to a tech that my wife times at just over 9 minutes looking at the system. He then proclaimed that we urgently needed a coil wash ($250 again) or risk immediate failure of the system. Unfortunately what he did not notice is that the leak which these clowns have not been able to successfully identify and repair had occurred again and that we had no refridgerant in the system. We noted a problem because it was already over 80 on the second floor (he said it was due to our dirty coils) and was over 90 the next day...during upper 70's Maryland late spring. When we eventually got a repairman who was capable (yep- they initially sent the same guy back out to us) we had already evacuated the upper floors. Have contacted costumer service 3 times- pleasant folks there, but have yet to hear from the Lorton manager over the 2 week complaint process.
          Bottom line: do not under any circumstances use this company. Period.

Ahs And United Air Temp — Price gouging

We have had a policy with American Home Shield for over ten years. Their premiums and co-pays have...

United Air Temp - Waldorf, MD — Service / Theft

I used the United Air Temp Services based out of Waldorf, MD. First from the solicitation, I was given one...

United Air TempAC

I had united air temp to come out to service my AC the tech took the stuff out of my little shed. I am a stroke survivor, he left everything sit on the deck., I'm in a wheelchair, so I can't put anything back, my Mom comes over to help me but she will be 80 in July so she can't put anything back. We called the company, and was told they are not required to put anything back. I think this STINKS!!! I live in a condo, we are not allowed to use the deck for storage, My Mom also has a bad back ans shoulder,

Thanks,
            Calva Williams

United Air Temp And AhsThese companies are the biggest ripoff ever

AHS and United Air Temp are the biggest scam companies I ever dealt with. United Air Temp used scare tactics to rip you off your money. They would qoute you with unnecessary work with an outrageous estimate. When you complain to AHS about UAT way of scamming people they would side with UAT. They are probably in cohoots because no honest AC company would sign up with AHS to be their sub-contractors. UAT told me that my ac evaporator coil is leaking and that there are items that are not covered by AHS. UAT told me that they will install a primary switch float for $290 and that is a new code that is required. I called the county development and was told that existing unit do not have to conform with the new code and that only applies to a new system. UAT tried to charge me $100 to dispose my evaporative coil. I told them that I will dispose it myself. They took it anyway with no charge since there is some copper there that they could make money off. However, they ripped me off of $395 for plenum modification. I watched the installers the whole time and all they did was a couple of snips so that the new evaporator casing would fit on top of the furnace. They call that plenum modification and charged me $395 for it. That's a big ripoff. Stay away from United Air temp and AHS.

United Air TempUnprofessional and Harassment

I recently had united air temp out to my home to fix my ac, what i got was a disgusting, smelly technician who had no care for my furniture and carpet. He just walked in like it was his own home and dragged dirt filth on my carpet. Aside from his lack of appearence professionalism, he was speaking very forward and unappropriate to me which made me very uncomfortable. I saw him from the window standing by the ac spitting tobacco every 5 seconds and it was just disgusting and very unprofessinal. I went out to tell him to not spit in my yard, he yelled back "its a free country, you want your ac fixed or not." So I told him to leave and that I was filing a complaint to his manager. I WILL NEVER USE UNITED AIR TEMP AGAIN!!! I have friends who also used them and found them to be very unprofessional and very expensive.

• Ve
                    Velecia Cook Mar 23, 2012

I received a disturbing call from your business today. They left a message on my machine. I have been receiving calls and they have in the past just hung up however today they left a message.

• Co
                    ComplThe Chinese Jun 21, 2011

THEY LEAVE SH*T STAINS EVERYWHERE

Margaret Anne Jun 21, 2011

NEVER HIRE UNITED AIR TEMP FOR WORK, THERE HORRIBLE AND WAYYYY OVERPRICED...

Ahs And United Air Temp — Horrible service

STAY AWAY!!! These guys will lie to your face, again and again. Had an AHS warranty and the guy shows up in a...

United Air TempInstallation / Service

This is the WORST HVAC company ever! My 17 month ordeal / installation story is too long for me type out. What ever you do, DO NOT purchase any services or products from this company. Their techs are incompetent, their management is non-existant (& equally incompetent), and their prices are higher than others. I knew their price was higher, but I thought I was getting professional and quality installers and service techs...I got neither. They come to fix one problem and cause another. They can never order the correct parts and constantly rescheduling me. In particular, stay away from the Fairfax office. Todd Kirby was our sales guy that sold us our system. He promised things they can't deliver and months after our installation and issues, they promoted him! He is now the manager of the Fairfax office, and this scenario has gone from bad to worse.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Di
                      Digna G May 20, 2013

Thank you for this post. I am sooo annoyed that I did not check this company before I used them. My NEW HVAC was installed in early Dec 2012 and this past weekend (May 2013) I tried to turn on the AC and no cool air coming out. He convinced me to get the better unit and replace the air-handler as I thought I was getting the best advice from a professional company and now I cannot get ANYONE to come out here to look at this without my paying AHS for a new service request. How was I supposed to test the AC in the winter time when its COLD!!! This really is unfair to a person like me to pay 75$ for a service to get another company out here to see what United Air Temp did wrong. 75$ that is a grocery shopping for me.

United Air Temp — Unprofessional Service

I have an AC/Heating and Pumbling contract with United Air Temp. I have spent many dollars always doing what...

Ahs (American Home Shield) And United Air Temp — HORRIBLE and UNROFESSIONAL service for big ticket items ( Central A/C )

For last 5 weeks AHS (American Home Shield) and the sub-contractor (United Air Temp) have been tiring to fix...