Uniden Factory Outlet Storesurveillance camera system udr780hd

Dear Factory Outlet Store:

The products received under order #FOS6851500E are unfortunately defective. The survellaince system was purchased on 10/28/16 as a Christmas gift for my son. The product was back ordered and arrived on 11/16/16.

Upon receipt of the product, I put the item away unitl Christmas morning. My son and I worked on installing the unit on 12/26/16.

The issue is with the camera's and the monitor; We receive an out of range indication on the monitor every 5 minutes or so. In other words, the system connects and then disconnects. THe camera and the monitor are aprroximately 60 feet from each other. They are installed in a typical residential home. No brick exterior (stucco), no concrete interior (dry wall).

We tried both cameras with the same result. We reset the monitor using the reset button and re-paired each of the cameras to no avail

When I walked towards the camera with the monitor, I received a 4 bar signal about 30' away. The signal remained constant and did not disconnect at this range.

The camera is mounted to the outside of my garage about 10' feet from the ground.

Uniden Tech Support referred me back to you, stating the Factory Outlet store is a separate retailer.

My son and I really wanted to make this camera system work. We've tried everything. The tech rep indicated there was something inside the house causing the signal interference between the camera and the monitor.

I would like to return this system back to Factory Outlet for a refund. However, I'm well past the 30 day return window as the purchase was made as a Christmas gift. The Factory Outlet should take into consideration that products purchased in the 4th quarter could potentially be a Christmas Gift and extend the 30 day return window during the Holiday Season.

It will cost at least $20 to ship this item back to you. You will also assess me a 15% restocking charge when issuing the refund. That's a HUGE hit for a product that's defective through no fault of my own.