Uniblue Registry Boosterdeceptive advertising and sales practice

P

Uniblue run a scam where they supposedly offer a product for free if your purchase their Registry Booster Product. The following has happened over the past couple of weeks:

SCAM 1. They have increased their SRP of Registry Booster to $39.95 but offer a constant $10 discount, which nets it out to their original $29.99. This is falsely leading a customer to believe they are getting a discount.

SCAM 2. They supposedly offer a free product to the value of $29.99, which is NOT sold anywhere else and therefore has no real value. The free product doesn't even do anything of value.

SCAM 3. They recently increased the supposed SRP of their free product from $29.99 to $39.99 to make it look like they are offering an even better deal. What they forgot to do, however, is change the price in their shopping cart. So, you see 1 price in the pre-cart page ($39.99), then the original price in their shopping cart ($29.99). WHAT A SCAM!

Check out the screen shots for proof. I can't believe these scam artists are allowed to get away with this type of practice.

RESOLVED

• Uniblue Systems's response · Dec 27, 2011

Hi Linda Peel,
    RegistryBooster keeps the Windows registry in order by removing invalid entries or shortcuts that no longer exist after certain operations such as after un-installing a program. By time these invalid entries increase and the more one uses the PC the more the registry grows in size. This can affect the speed at which the registry is traversed by the applications or the operating system itself to find the needed entries.
    Regarding your comment that RegistryBooster finds viruses on a fresh install of Windows, please note that none of our products scan for viruses or other malicious software at all, so it's unclear what is backing up your claim that RegistryBooster finds hundreds of viruses.
    Also kindly note that we offer a no-questions-asked refund policy for a 60-day time window from the purchase date, which gives our customers plenty of time to evaluate our software.
    Let me know if you have further questions.
    Kind regards
    Keti, Uniblue Team

• Updated by Hilary_Uniblue · May 10, 2010

Hi there,

It's Hilary here from Uniblue. I have checked with the team responsible for the page concerned. They cannot find this error, to help us out, can you please give me the URL?

You can post it here or email me directly [email protected]

Regards
    Hilary

• Pe
    petergf Dec 31, 2012

Uniblue Registry Booster has ruined my Computer and caused me to lose all my documents, files and data..And I have no recourse back at these scammers..THEY SUCK! Nothing but a buch of hackers...

• Ro
    Ronald M. Feb 04, 2012

Uniblue Registry Booster is a complete scam. Yes, it is scareware and will find errors on a fresh, virgin Windows installation. Most of the time you can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista, 7) in control panel. If this does not work, use System Restore to revert your system back to a date before you installed this junk. If this does not work, you can take your machine to a pro, you can re-inatall Windows, or if your machine is a "branded" unit (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc) you can probably restore it to its factory configuration. Sadly, any re-install or restore will wipe out everything on your drive, unless you know how to scavenge files onto another drive. I have killed this monster by using Winternals ERD Commander and manually deleting any files and registry entried associated with it, but this is probably beyond what ordinary users can do. JUST AVOID ANY REGISTRY CLEANERS, BOOSTERS, OR OPTIMZERS. They are useless junk even if they don't hurt anything. The same pro that can remove Uniblue can also fix the REAL problems that were slowing down your machine at the same time. If you want to throw money at your PC, call a local expert.

• Li
    Linda Peel Dec 16, 2011

First, registry cleaners are not needed. They are absolutely useless. A vital entry missing in your registry can make Windows not boot, but loads of useless, irrelevant stuff won't phase it one bit. If you think cleaning the registry speeds things up, you are observing the effect of a placebo in software form!! Second, and most important, If Uniblue's offerings were merely ineffective and free, they would be faces in the crowd. However, both the software and the vendor's marketing methods scream "THIS SOFTWARE IS ITSELF A VIRUS, AND IT IS MARKETED BY CRIMINALS." The proof that the software is bogus is in several posts above in this thread. When you install it on a fresh install of Windows, it "finds" hundreds of viruses. Since Microsoft does not ship infected products, the scare scam is revealed. If you try to get your money back, it is a crap shoot. (pun intended, sorry, I could not resist) They just refund money to enough customers to get positive comments on blogs and confuse everyone. The majority are subjected to a variety of flim-flams which look like errors, but are carefully crafted to deny refunds. The only good news is that computer techs, such as myself, can usually get rid of the Uniblue slime, if either "Add/Remove Programs" (XP), or "Programs and Features" (Vista, 7) in Control Panel can't, or in extreme cases if System Restore can't. So far I have not seen a Windows install destroyed by Uniblue. I have seen destruction caused by customers' attempts to remove it, so be careful if you try this. If the simple methods referred to in this post do not work, search for more methods, or call one of us insufferable geeks to help you!

Arie Ritsema Oct 11, 2011

I think that most of their products are worthless. Their advertising is very deceptive and since they operate from somewhere in Europe they don't have to comply with US rules. Buyer beware: stay with US corporations at least you'll have some recourse...

Arie Ritsema Oct 11, 2011

I purchased the SpeedUpMyPC and very quickly after the install, I was advised to upgrade to the Registry Booster which I foolishly did. After the install I was advised that I needed to upgrade to yest another program because it would fix everything!!! And yes I fell for it again and you know where I am going with this: sure enough after that install I was told that only a small fraction of "my issues" could be solved so if I upgraded to, well you know the rest of the story. My advice: stay away from Uniblue.

Satisfied_one Sep 26, 2011

They have not lost their HP contract, I do HP calls for them weekly and can track my payments through their process.
    You need to read ALL the small print, turn in your paperwork and parts and run a track on the parts.
    I am able to negotiate travel on distant jobs, it is good pocket money, and I am looking for more.

• Da
    Dale: Melbourne Australia Sep 26, 2011

I purchase Uniblue Registry Booster on the 25/7/11.
    An update message appeared on my screen indicating updates were available.
    After installing this update I discovered that my recently purchased version was no longer registered and could not be used anymore unless I paid an additional $29.95.
    They play on people forgetting about this type of issue because they have done this to me once before.
    Uniblue gain credibility by riding on the back of Microsoft. They are quick to advertise their "Microsoft GOLD CERTIFIED Partner" details; but not so fast to publicise their deceptive practices.
    Those who can't be trusted with little can't be trusted with much. Who then will give you true treasures. (Christ Jesus)

• Co
    Concernedinukdevon Jul 05, 2011

Uniblue has completely ruined my partner's Samsung lap top, it's now been reset to factory settings after hours of work. The positive comments in this forum can ONLY BE FROM UNIBLUE EMPLOYEES. I have never EVER taken time to write a complaint about a program like I am doing here but I feel so strongly that people NEED TO BE WARNED about these SCAM-ARTISTS. The only reason I am not swearing is for the sake of children who may read this one day. Uniblue Registry Booster is a COMPLETE SCAM. It exploits vulnerable people, scaring them in to thinking they have multiple errors when they do NOT. I have had good experiences with Spybot Search & Destroy from safer-networking.org, but again, be careful not to download a similar or copy from a copied site. Windows have services and free software available, use that. Get rid of Rgistry booster by Uniblue as soon as you can, and demand a refund from your credit card if you paid anything for it. Your bank should be able to refund you without any questions if you just say they took the money without authorisation. That's what my girlfriend said and they refunded her Visa Debit payment straight away, even though it was done several months ago.

• Co
    conor147 Jun 15, 2011

2 day old laptop with windows 7

found 200 registry errors.

blatant scam. these people should be ashamed of themselves.

• Lu
    Lurcher Apr 20, 2011

Ran Uniblue on a new computer and it found close to 100 errors. The supposed registry issues had nothing to do with my computer running slow.
    Don't waste your money on this product.

• Gn
    G. Noel Apr 20, 2011

I also want to uninstall this mess. I go to the programs file and click delete and it tells me I need "permission" to delete it. I am the adminstrator. Who's permission do I need and how do i get it???

Savvy? Apr 19, 2011

I am staggered by the negative comments here. I have been successfully using various versions of Uniblue RegistryBooster (only) for years, though my last update was the 2010 version. After W7SP1 trashed my machine I had to rebuild and was looking for a fresh download to re-register when I stumbled across this site. All I can think is that there is either a clone vendor or Uniblue have totally lost it. I admit their advertising has always been undesirably tricky though. I think I'll look through my backups for a copy I trust.

• Ra
    RAwilson Apr 05, 2011

I purchased Uniblue registry booster because I was having some speed issues with a computer/Vista OS. I have regretted buying this program ever since. After I ran it for the first time, I couldn't use my Lexmark printer or the scanner. I had to reinstall my printer driver. It also wiped out the connection to the WD external hard drive I use for backup, it was nowhere to be found until I got back into the Uniblue program and undid the damage by restoring my register back to what it was. This program is lame, lame, lame. Don't waste the money.

jose zavala Mar 12, 2011

I am trying to chat whith someone to uni blue, but noone anwer now when it whas time to give them my credit card, I had somebody to take it right away after that I have someone to giveme a funny number, which never went thrugh I still want to comunicate whith them but no answer, this is a rip off, no money back do not buy this stuff

arend Mar 02, 2011

Registry Booster had apparently become a household name to me when I decided to buy it and get the System Tweaker for free. The moment I had it installed, my user name was no longer accessable and neither was the guest account. My able computer repair man shook his head on hearing the word Registery Booster and invited me to observe his efforts to open my system. A visiting expert agreed with him only a newly installed Windows XP would solve the problem. It cost me a lot of aggro, a lot of money, and a lot of time I could have spent earning my livelyhood.

Jo Hil Feb 13, 2011

Uniblue removes correct links. Advice wrong driver update. No speed increase Many register error should not be removed. Don'' t use it or buy this product I Used it on a Windows 7 x64 I recommend jv16

• Mv
    MVD Jan 13, 2011

I just got conned into buying and running Registry Booster about 10 days ago. No improvement in performance, but about 60% of my desktop icons have disappeared, and 60% or so of my "All Programs" links, including all of the diagnostic tools have also disappeared. I have no idea how to solve the problem. I have sent 3 messages to Uniblue, with no response. On their website they promise a response in 24 hours. Conclusion - dangerous software and no support. Don't buy it.

• Eb
    ebenzin Nov 25, 2010

I downloaded it, ran it, worked perfect. My slow computer suddenly became lightening fast again after 7 years of use. A very good product.

R.Wallace Nov 21, 2010

in NZ Uniblue have been on the News (tv) as a phone scam also they ring people and tell them they have pc viruses and need to go to thier website and download their "crapware" its beyond me why people dont ask how the hell they know whats on thier pc???!!!

R.Wallace Nov 21, 2010

in future if you need anything for the registry &/or antivirus I recommend "auslogics boostspeed" and either "avira antivir" or if you have vista "AVG 2011" (because avira closes down windows defender) both of these antiviruses come as free versions and work just fine

R.Wallace Nov 21, 2010

I'm a pc technician & i have spent hours and hours removing all the Uni blue crap from pcs in the last week or so.

the only way is to open a new user account on yr pc, then delete yr old account making sure to save all documents etc..these will be saved onto the desktop of yr new account. then send the saved files to memory stick or other external storage (MAKE SURE WHEN ITS SAVED TO MEMORY STICK IT IS THEN SAFELY REMOVED).
    Then take the pc back to factory settings and perform all updates plug in the memory stick and retrieve all the files back to where they came from (ie: my docs, Pics, etc)

AntoniManning Nov 16, 2010

I want to get rid of this useless Uniblue Registry Booster, but it wont let me, ive tried everything, it keeps popping up whenever i am on the internet. they are a fricken scam i wish i never downloaded it when they asked me to download it. all i need help with is to ###ING UNREGISTER this uniblue ###.

• Os
    OscarBob Oct 29, 2010

I have a NEW HP PC with Windows 7. Uniblue Registry Booster is already claiming 200+ errors.

• De
    Derek2Mann Jun 03, 2010

Uniblue Registry Booster review shows that the product is a scam. They have sophisticated marketing techniques but Registry Booster is scareware and scam.

Just install it in a on fresh install of Windows - and it will say the registry is highly damaged. Mind you this is a mirror install and is as perfect at it is for deployment on a campus

Now Uniblue Registry Booser will scare users to thinking that their registry is highly damaged on a fresh install of Windows - pure scam

I have attached pictures from a fresh install of Windows XP (mirror install) review for yourself on the Uniblue scam

Comments

Sanford May 24, 2010

I saw a link for a "free" download of this product. I ran the scan and it found about 400 errors. The "free" part was fixing 15 of these errors. If I wanted to fix them all I had to pay $29.99. Plus, I did not notice this is a foreign corporation and my bank charged an extra processing fee. I conceed this fee is my problem, but Uniblue is VERY deceptive in their advertising. If they were a domestic corporation they would not be allowed to do this. BEWARE!!

• Ph
    phgreenland Feb 24, 2010

still no icons

• Ph
    phgreenland Feb 24, 2010

paid 23.71 for registry booster system tweaker unable to access on pc no icons order no [protected]