UltaI had loved ulta in the past, but now I strongly urge all my friends not to shop there

L

I really do like the products that Ulta carries and have spent hundreds of dollars at that stores. The employees at the Ulta in Woodbury MN were always decent- nothing to praise or complain about. However, when I moved to NJ, the employees at the Cherry Hill location were horrible! While I was shopping, two of the employees were gossiping loudly near me. They were discussing a customer and were calling her the most vile things, including '[censored]'! Now you can imagine how shocked I was, first of all- I don't care if you complain about work, but please, do it on your own time! It really made me uncomfortable, I didn't want to shop at a place where the employees are so rude behind paying customer's backs. Then, when I was paying for my purchases, I had forgotten to bring my Ulta rewards card, so I asked the cashier if she could look it up for me in the system, on a previous occasion another cashier had done it for me within a matter of seconds. She refused, saying that she couldn't do it because she had started the transaction. I felt cheated- isn't the whole point of having a rewards card to be rewarded for making frequent purchases? I had loved Ulta in the past, but now I strongly urge all my friends not to shop there.

• La
    LamaAlma Sep 16, 2010

I had a similair experience at the Ulta store in Wilmington, NC. I have shopped there three times now and each time my experience gets worse and worse.

The last time I was there I had an associate that turned out to be an assistant manager give me the worst service. I realized when I got there that I could not find the coupon for 20% off. I drove almost 30 miles to make a rather large purchase, over $300.00 at Ulta and was counting on using that coupon that was expiring that day. I explained the situation to her highlighting the fact that I was planning on spending a lot. She shrugged her shoulders and said no one could help me and then turned to walk away. I asked her to see a manager, and she replied that she was one and she would not help me. I asked her to help me find a product, but since I did not know the full name she shrugged and told me she could not help me and then walked away.
    Well, I walked out and have never come back. I urge everyone to stay away from ULTA!
    I know shop at my local Walgreens where the ladies that work in the makeup area are super friendly. In fact, they look for coupons that they keep behind the counter for every product that I purchase. Also, they have allowed me to return items that I did not like after trying them out!
    For nicer makeup lines I shop at MAC up north and Sephora... : ) No more Ulta for me.