TXU EnergyCustomer Service

M

After a high pressure door to door salesman repeatedly came to my house, I agreed to switch to TXU as my electricity provider. After locking in a 12 month contract with a penalty for early cancellation, I realized the salesman misrepresented several things to me, including the amount of my rebate and the cost to cancel with my old provider. Basically, it cost me money to change to TXU. When I complained and provided proof of the misrepresentations, TXU told me "too bad".

A year later my contract has expired and I went online with TXU and selected a new plan for a slightly lower rate. One day later, after locking me in, I receive a letter from TXU that says "thanks for selecting our new plan. By the way, since you have been late at least once in the past 12 months we need a $400 deposit". If I had just chosen to go month-to-month and not selected a cheaper plan I would not have been charged a deposit. I called TXU and the representative said "I can waive that. That was just charged because you did that online". Hey guess what - she was wrong and she didn't waive the deposit. When I complained to TXU I was again told, just like last year, that their employee was wrong and I was stuck with the charge. And, once you pay a deposit, they will keep the money for 12 months. If you are late EVEN ONCE during that 12 months they will extend the deposit time for another 12 months. In essence, never be late, even a day, or your deposit will be theirs for another year. Yet you also pay a late fee each time. Plus “Jay” (employee id 17378) responded to my complaint about the new deposit by rudely asking me “Do you EVEN read what we send you??”

So basically I have chosen TXU twice, and both times it’s ended up COSTING me money. TXU's customer service is non-existent and they can apparently make promises to you that they will not back up. Even though I have their door-to-door salesman’s promises in writing, and even though the promises their employee made to me were on a recorded call, TXU’s response is “oh they were wrong”. I cannot believe I signed up for another 12 months. This will be the last time.

• Mi
    MissyL Jul 24, 2012

So basically I have chosen TXU twice, and both times it’s ended up COSTING me money. TXU's customer service is non-existent and they can apparently make promises to you that they will not back up. Why should they? They already have you locked into a contract with a cancellation fee so they will either make some quick cash or, more likely, retain you as a customer in spite of your dissatisfaction. Even though I have their door-to-door salesman’s promises in writing, and even though the promises their employee made to me were on a on recorded call, TXU’s response is “oh they were wrong”. I cannot believe I signed up for another 12 months. This will be the last time.

• Pu
    pumix Mar 11, 2010

thats not true, for me txu energy is the best option for all of us in texas, its true that they operate in guatemala and other countries, but if they didnt understand you its just because you are a dumb.

• Da
    daveo5624 Dec 02, 2009

I have recently been Rudely made aware, TXU Energy HAS Outsourced All of there Customer Service to Philippines, San Salvador and Guatemala. The Guatemala TXU employees have No Conception of English, San Salvador is slightly better, The do understand Basic English but can not help at all ( at least they try). TXU Energy in the Philippines is the best bet, You Must Ask for them to Repeat a lot. It would be extremely nice to speak to someone there that had a Basic Understanding of English, Proverbially a TEXAN.

Things like this makes you want to SWITCH Energy Suppliers. You might want to visit this Web Site. www.powertochoose.com

TXU has made me a VERY DISSATISFIED CONSUMER.

• Kl
    kla Mar 10, 2009

Customer service at TXU, I have to say, is pathetic. The scripted responses are not suited to fit all issues. However, the customer service reps are unable to address any issues without the pre-scripted responses. They are unaware of what they are reading and will actually have to re-read through the script to answer any questions. Communication skills are a joke at TXU. I had to restate in incredibly plain English what I needed many times over, and I'm still not sure they understood what my problem was. I will avoid TXU at all costs in the future.