TRS Recovery Servicesattempt to collect debt not owed

I, in December 2015, went to purchase a dishwasher from Sears in Hemet California. I wrote a check for $328.71 . I then called the store and told them to cancel the order. They informed me that the order was cancelled, however the check had been deposited. I called my bank and placed a stop payment on the transaction. Well to my surprise, 6 months later I get a collection notice from TRS claiming I owe the money. Now the fun starts. Called and informed that I cancelled order, No merchandise was delivered. They tell me that I have to call another department and speak to a Gloria Miller, case manager. I called and answering machine, which give no business name, states "call back during business hours". Well duh...Its 10:30 am and they open a 7am central time. Called back main number and asked if I want to pay. Hell No, I didn't buy anything, order cancelled. Double check this company before you pay.