Trivago — hotel booking
On 24th May 2017, I thought I had found a good deal, through Trivago, for 3 nights bed and breakfast at Golden Sands, Rhyl, North Wales. So I confidently paid £151.49 to a company called Elvoline.com to book the room.
On arrival at Golden Sands Caravan Park, in Rhyl, on Saturday 27th May 2017, my husband and I were informed that the booking I had made was not for a room with them but for a hotel in Greece. So we were unable to stay there.
A gentleman with a similar Elvoline.com booking confirmation had come into the Caravan Park, earlier that day, only to have it refused and the receptionists had found out, through Google, that the booking was for a hotel in Karfas Bay, Greece.
We had planned to stay on the North Wales Coast for a few days, so had no other option but to find another place to stay - on a busy Bank Holiday Weekend! And of course, we had to pay again - over the odds this time!
On the Trivago website, the deal definitely came up under a search for Rhyl, with the filters, pool and breakfast. So something was not quite right - especially as it happened to at least 2 customers on the same day.
I feel I should be reimbursed for the £151.49 by Trivago, as this was an error/scam on their site.
More Trivago Complaints & Reviews
- Trivago - trivago hotel manager pro subscription
- Trivago - amoma travel site is a scam
- Trivago.com - unable to return money 
- Trivago - hotelquickly
- Trivago.com, Otels.com - problems with hotel reservation 
- Trivago - reservation for a room in bologna
- Trivago - hotel booking scam
- Trivago - no business received
- Trivago - hotel reservation confirmation
- Trivago - erroneous hotel listing / poor customer service