Tripmatefraud

T

I too purchased TripMate insurance thinking that if anything happens I will be covered. My mother got sick and was in intensive care on June 10th. I called the travel agent and cancelled my trip on June 12th thinking that my mother was going to need some care after she was released form the hospital.Well she passed away on June 14th. As if this was not devestating enough! I filed a claim with the insurance company. I sent in the information they requested from the Dr treating my mother, a copy of her obituary, the itemized statement from the furneral home, a copy of her death certificate, a copy of the PAID IN FULL $5300)receipt from the travel agent. What more could they ask for.I received some postcards for tripmate stating they are working on my claim. When I opened the letter I nearly passed out on the floor! They sent me $1000.00 for all 4 persons traveling. Don"t get me wrong I was not expecting my full $5300 refunded but come on. They said it was due to "travel supplier refund" what ever that means is why my refund was so low. I asked if I had the customary 1 year time frame to use the already paid for airline tickets no one could answer that. What was the purpose in getting this insurance if you don't get your money back? I am looking for a lawyer to investigate this case. I think its time for a class action lawsuit! When you google TRIP MATE there are hundreds of pages of complaints on this terrible company. Can anyone give me some insights on how to handle this case?
([protected]@cox.net)

• TripMateInsurance Aug 28, 2013

Mr. Jackson, My name is Katie and I work on customer outreach for Trip Mate. I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the claims process. I wanted to reach out to you for further information in hopes of addressing your concerns. If you could send provide the name you supplied on your claim, your destination and the dates of your trip, I would be happy to look into this further.

Best regards,