Triad Financial CorporationScrewed up my credit report

C

My name is Cynthia in 2000 I applied for a car loan and was approved for about $19, 000 through Triad Financial Corporation for a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder. My monthly payment was $500, I paid this every month( i was late a couple of months but the payment was made none the less) I sent what was supposed to be my final payment via western union july of 2006. Since then I have tried to contact them several time because I never received the pink slip to the car. Every time I called and asked to speak to a supervisor I got hung up on. I recently received a copy of my credit report and found that Triad reported my account as a charge off for the amount of $348. I contacted them today (June 4, 2008) at approximately 3 pm and was on the phone for 30 min and getting nowhere I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and was denied I asked again and was hung up on. I started to research Triad online for answers and found that there were many others in ! the same situation with Triad. After I made my last payment I never received any letters or phone calls from the company again they claimed that they sent me numerous letters and phone calls. I have worked at the same place for over 20 years and lived at the same residence for 2 years after the last payment. They never had a problem getting a hold of me before that. Now I am put in a situation where I cannot sell my car or even buy a new car because they falsely put a charge off on my credit report. So now I am wondering what kind of recourse I have.

• Ga
    Gary Sep 09, 2008

Triad employees are the most rude people I have ever had to deal with! I finally talked with a girl named Gracie that must of been the only employee they had that did not have such a cocky my way or no way attitude.

• Nc
    NCC1701 Mar 17, 2015

I got a garnishment by Triad also for a remaining balance on an auto loan. They got a default judgment even though I was never served. They hire some shady collection folks to do 'ghost service' where they fake that you were actually served in order to win by default. Nearly impossible after the fact to get reversed. Luckily, I was only out a few hundred bucks and it never showed on my credit report.