Menu

reviews & complaints

TRESemme Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
34 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with TRESemme at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for TRESemme has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of TRESemme. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

TRESemme complaints 34

Sort by:

Newest TRESemme reviews & complaints

L
8:23 pm EST

TRESemme Tresemme extra hold 1.5 oz hair spray

I have used the Tresemme 1.5 oz Hair Spray cans for years as I traveled having a compact hair spray. In the last six months, I have had problems with over 25 cans of spray. I don't know what the company did with their product but each can of hair spray only worked for about 5-10 sprays and then either clogged up or the spray nozzle went defective. I purchased the product from Target, Walmart and the Navy Exchange system. It appears this product line has failed the customer. If I am having these problems, so is everyone else. I spent a lot of money on this product and to be disappointed with continued failure. Another problem that happened, it appears the product is causing blisters on my head after a shower and then use of the hairspray. When I don't use the hair spray, no blisters.

Claimed loss: Purchased over 25 Tresseme hair spray 1.5 oz containers, all defective.

Desired outcome: Tressmme company should replace the defective products I purchased over past months.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified TRESemme representatives only. If you are affiliated with TRESemme, please claim your business to access these details.

2:58 pm EDT

TRESemme Hair Spray

I have been a loyal customer of Tresemme hair spray for many years. The last can of Ultra Fine Mist #3 spray that I purchased has a new scent in it that smells very strong and frankly not good. I usually purchase multiple cans and will go out of my way or pay more if I have to because this is the only hairspray I ever use. I cannot understand why you have chosen to ruin this hairspray with this awful scent. It's all I can smell after using it. Hopefully you will get similar complaints and decide to return to the former formula. I don't want to but you've forced me to look for another hairspray after all these years of using only this.

Desired outcome: Return to old formula

N
8:19 am EDT

TRESemme Tresemme hair spray - travel size

I have bought 4 TRESemme travel size hair spray products. The first one was fine. The last three have jammed after I have used them 1-3 times. The last was when I was in Ireland and took two because I feared the result - but both failed! The unreliability of your product is more than frustrating.

I purchased them between August 15 and September 15, 2023 at Market Basket, Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH 03801.

Desired outcome: Please refund...and fix your product. Nancy Pierce. My email address is: [protected]@gmail.com. My mailing address is: 13 Sea Glass Lane, Rye, NH

Is TRESemme legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals TRESemme as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, TRESemme stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering TRESemme should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

TRESemme earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: TRESemme achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for TRESemme. The company provides a physical address, 18 phone numbers, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Tresemme.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows TRESemme website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Tresemme.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Tresemme.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with TRESemme, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with TRESemme is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Several positive reviews for TRESemme have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

TRESemme website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While TRESemme has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 34 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the tresemme.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
C
1:25 pm EDT

TRESemme Aerosol hairspray

Went and bought 2 travel size hairspray both of them worked for 1 spray. I had to throw them our and go to the store and get more during my trip out of town bought 2 more knowing prob I would only get 1 use and sure enough 1 worked for 1 spray and the other for 2 sprays. I deserve more as a customer. I paid $4.99 for these and has to throw them away. It's like you guys didn't pressurize them enough and it just goes dead. I know I will not buy anymore in the future unless you make things right

Desired outcome: Money back or free products sent back equaling my wasted money612 lawn drive, loves park, illinois 61111

S
10:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TRESemme Hairspray and hair spray gel

Was using perfectly undone brushable hairspray but cannot seem to get it anymore so start using ultra fine hairspray. Just recently you changed it saying this new one has less alcohol. Maybe so but the smell is very unpleasant. Is the perfectly undone brushable discontinued? Also the curl defining spray gel is impossible to find now, is it discontinued? As a user of all your products please answer my questions. The brushable hairspray and spray gel seemed to me to be good sellers as I would have to go to number of stores before I could find them. Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

6:50 pm EST

TRESemme Hairspray 4

I used TRESemme 4 hairspray for one year now and my hair started falling out. I checked my scalp oh my god my scalp was coated with a thick sticky layer of hairspray. I tried everything to get it off nothing worked. I attempted soaking my head in hot water to get it off. Tried hot oil treatment, and I tried all kinds of products to get this coating off my scalp. Nothing worked I had to scrape it off my head well that was very painful and time-consuming but it was the only way to get off the build-up. I lost so much hair I have bald spots but my hair is growing back my scalp is in bad shape and it hurts because this hairspray is like glue I have a lot of breakages all over my head. This product should be taken off the market. Be aware of buildup on your scalp. I believe I should be compensated for my pain, time, and being embarrassed by how I look with bald spots on my scalp. Thank you

Desired outcome: Compensate me for pain and suffering

T
12:50 pm EST

TRESemme Hair spray

When finished using the hair spray I set it down on my vanity sink. The next day when I went to use it again it was empty. The spray had seeped out the top and run down the entire can. It was stuck to the counter, hard to remove and no longer usable. I've used this product for years and like it. This was the first time it had happened to me. It is on the expensive side but usually first quality.

Desired outcome: I paid over $6. for this so I'd like a refund or replacement for #4, extra hold, 11 oz.

P
1:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TRESemme Your extra hold volumizing mousse

I have used this product for many years and loved it. I had a problem finding it for the last 6 months. I just figured it was like other items in a store due to the Pandemic. Then I found 1 can in Walmart. I couldn't wait to get home and use it BUT...my hair feels like it has glue in it. I rewashed it and started over. It still feels like it has glue in it! I even used a very small amount. I had a dinner date but now I have to rewash it again. Did you change the way it is made or add another ingredient to it?

I DO NOT LIKE THIS AND WON'T USE IT AGAIN!

Desired outcome: PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS. IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY THEN. NOW MY HAIR IS PLASTERED TO MY HEAD IF I USE IT!i'D LIKE A BOTTLE OF THE OLD MOUSSE. YOU CAN HAVE THIS ONE!SINCERELY, PATRICIA WILSON

7:04 pm EDT

TRESemme tresemme heat tamer pump

Tresemme thermal creations heat tamer

I use the heat tamer often to protect against heat damage but handle is hard and clumsy to use. it hurts my hand and awkward to hold.

I do not like it and it is preventing me from wanting to buy product

Desired outcome: redesign handle of thermal creations heat tamer leave in spray

N
4:06 pm EDT

TRESemme Conditioner and shampoo

After shampooing and conditioning my hair within 15 minutes I started noticing my scalp burning and itchy vigorously. I washed my hair for 1 hour in running water but still end up burning. I tried piriton thinking it’s not a big deal. I still start to suffer a lot to my unfortunate it’s Friday night so I called 111 they guided me to take cetirizine. I tried next day nothing much has happened even though I end up talking avil, paracetamols and cetirizen. Hives spread throughout my body. I happened to call 111 again and they asked me to wait for doctor call as I have 3 years old alone at home. My symptoms worsened swelling my neck and I had end calling emergency service as I had breathing issue that flared my asthma. They happened to calm me with IV injection and rush me to A&E.

Now I end up with steroids and antihistamines to reduce my swelling, pain and itching.

This episode is like 3 days in hell. Where help is far away.

Because have a 3 year old who had severe eczema

Read full review of TRESemme and 1 comment
1 comment
R
R
Roderick Jacob
, US
Dec 02, 2022 5:28 am EST

Hi. So how can we take it up with Unilever? They want a medical report from a dermatologist but the issue has resolved after discontinuing Tresemme but I still have hair loss.

D
1:43 pm EST

TRESemme Shampoo and conditioner

I've used tresseme shampoo previously with no apparent issues until weeks ago.
This product has burnt my skin my nape of neck us Red Raw Burnt unbelievable pain. Its encroaching down my chest the hairline on the right hand sight
I've seen my GP who's prescribed many different medication steroid antibiotics other to no avail it's ruined my life I can't let anything touch my neck the pain is unbelievable agony. We went through every single product that I've used to eliminate what it could be. This product was the outcome
It's unsightly embarrassing and painful I've lost sleep due to pain it's itchy inflamed and angry
It's in the nape of my neck all around to the front and now it's travelling down my chest it's down the hairline on the left side meeting the burns on my neck We've tried many different products that My GP prescribed from steroids antibiotics antistamines with absolutely no result. I've obviously stopped using this product. Yet its still very red angry itchy I flamed like a burn. Its absolutely ruined my Christmas and life. Wearing a jumper of any clothing touches my inflamed body a searing pain shoots over my body I don't even know if this us going to leave me with permanent scarring. Its tightens up which increases the pain
My skin is raised and extremely painful. If my skin dries up it tightens it feels like I'm being strangled
It's a dangerous product. This feels and looks like first degree burns I've attach pictures of the damage it's done to my skin but a picture can't show the damage its done to my entire life
Is in tatters
Debbie Sheedy
84 Hallowmoor Road Sheffield S6 4xa
[protected]

Desired outcome: Investigate why this product has left me scarred in agony anxiety ruined Christmas I can't leave My house it's thar bad

U
8:47 am EDT

TRESemme tresemme 3 in 1 clean and replenish shampoo make my hair dry and weak,i want my money back

tresemme 3 in 1 clean and replenish shampoo just ruined my hair, make it very dry .my hair was so changes and dry after using this Shampoo, such a shame.

I
8:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

TRESemme Heat tamer leave in spray, 8 oz.

Tresemme Heat Tamer leave in spray, 8 Oz.

I'm letting you know that the product spray handle broke off on the first try.

The spray mechanism is very poorly designed: The spray handle breaks off & it's unable to be reapplied.

Holding the bottle & actually engaging the sprayer should be redesigned. The bottle & sprayer doesn't fit the hand. It's too awkward to use.

Customers don't purchase a product based on a fancy looking sprayer & especially when that sprayer breaks & is very difficult to use.

So now I'll need to find my store receipt & return this defective product for a refund. I'll not purchase this product again.

Desired outcome: Refund

5:02 pm EDT

TRESemme Tresemme Compressed Micro Mist

I've been buying this product for a couple of years but it's very difficult to keep the sprayer working without a lot of effort. It constantly clogs up. I have to clean it after after use. I like the product but do not like the work involved with it. What do you suggest?
What other product do you have that works equally well, but doesn't clog the sprayer?
Thanks for your help.

L
12:31 am EDT

TRESemme 24 hour body with climate control mouse

I purchased this product and used about 1/4 of it and the button to push out the mouse broke. I am unable to access the product.

Desired outcome: Coupon for another product.

D
6:57 pm EDT

TRESemme Hair spray

I bought a tin of tresemme hair spray and when l cake to use it the nozzle hardly sprayed anything out and l washed nozzle still didn't do anything

A
6:10 am EST

TRESemme Treasame extra hold hair spray

My brand new van slipped out of my hand and won't stop spraying everywhere. Can I get a replacement I just bought this?

Desired outcome: New can

T
3:49 am EDT

TRESemme Silky & smooth Conditioner

I have bought 3 bottles of this product. 2 out of the 3 bottles pump top does not work. This is very annoying. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it were 1 bottle but 2 thats not right!
Both bottles pumps were not able to pump! This is very annoying. When you buy these large bottles. You want the pump top to work! 😞😞

Desired outcome: Replacement or coupons

K
12:39 pm EST

TRESemme 40oz conditioner

For MANY years I've used TRESemme products, , yesterday I bought 2 40oz shampoos and 2 40oz conditioners, I get the new bottle of conditioner out to use this morning and I could tell by holding the bottle that something wasent right, I turned the bottle to put it in my hand and it's really watery, then I noticed it doesn't have much of a smell either, so after my shower I got the other bottle out...SAME THING, except I noticed it is only about 3/4 of the way full, so for a sec I thought my grandson had played a trick on me, but I live alone and he hasn't been here in a week. I threw them in the trash cause I was Kinda upset my hair did not get conditioned today, and I don't keep receipts...so no returning it!

Desired outcome: Replace product

B
7:39 am EST

TRESemme Keratin shampoo and conditioner

I am writing wrt a recent incident that has happened to my mother after using your products.
The product in question is: TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and conditioner. I have recommended her to use this brand. She bought the products from Shaheen CHemist in F-11 Islamabad, Pakistan.
Upon use of the product (especially the conditioner), her hair started fusing together. My mother has had long, beautiful hair ALL her life. Following the use of the conditioner she felt she was not able to comb through and her hair were very badly tangled. In a desperate attempt to detangle them she put more conditioner - which in normal circumstances would work. This worsened the situation and within a fee minutes around 27 inches of her hair had fused together in a big tangled ball. In her desperation she rushed to the salon, where after several hours of effort, they were still not able to detangle her hair. The hair had been somehow burned, and glued together, and the reaction continued to move upwards. Having realized this they cut off the hair - all 27 inches of beautiful long hair.
My mother has been traumatized by this experience and having never cut her hair in life, is now extremely depressed having shoulder length hair at 60 years of age.
I need to understand if this product has a chemical that is not appropriate, was counterfeit, or expired. Whatever the case, my mother, as a consumer PAID for a branded product sold under Unilever's name from a reputable local retailer. Even if the product was not original I believe it is the company's responsibility to ensure counterfeit products are not sold under its name. Unilever Pakistan have dismissed the matter by saying, this is not 'their' product. The retailer claims the product was imported from a reliable supplier.

I would like the company to analyze this matter and take appropriate action. My mother did not deserve to go through this trauma and should be compensated accordingly.

Desired outcome: Confirmation of the real reason for this damage and compensation to my mother for this traumatic experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

TRESemme contacts

Phone numbers

1800 888 449 8800 200 1200 More phone numbers

Website

www.tresemme.com

Most discussed TRESemme complaints

Don't Waste Your Money
(opinions to this review)

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer