Travelgeniotravelgenio is a fraud. no refund. no response.

I had booked a ticket from Bali to Manchester. (via Singapore) (flying on the 15th of August.)

My booking codes were: [protected] and J81979

But I could not get to Bali, so Travelgenio said they would make a change to my flight so I could board in Singapore and get to Manchester... they charged me for this, and told me it was ALL DONE.

I bought a flight to Singapore. - But... I got no receipt from travelgenio.
I rang again and again, emailed again and again.

One week before my flight they told me the change had not been made!!!- and that they wanted more money to make the change they said they had made (280gpp!!!)

I was worried that they would lie to me again... they would not change it again... and I would not be able to board my flight.

They offered me a refund with a 68 pound charge. I took it. They did not tell me I would be also charged 250 in taxes!!!

They then never even game me any of the refund. And will not respond to email.
They are the worst travel agent I have ever booked with. I wasted days of my holiday trying to contact them, and so much money on hold. And never got any money back, and had to book a new very expensive flight with another agency.

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Sep 12, 2019

Hi Emma. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Sep 12, 2019

Hi Emma You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Updated by Emma Robdale, Sep 12, 2019

My booking number: J81979

I want to know: What EXACT day will my refund be in my bank account!!!?! - I have literally wasted weeks trying to contact Travelgenio. No response!!! 'being processed' - it has been over the 30 days I was told would be its maximum... where is the money? I want the money today.-

Until me and my father receive full refunds into our accounts, I will be continuing to use this complaints form; as this is literally the only way Travelgenio respond.

I have sent over 30 emails - not one responded.

I will also be leaving as many reviews explaining how Travelgenio scam, fraud and trick people.

Also!!- I want compensation for the money I have had to pay to try and fix Travelgenio's absolute incompetency, and lying to me about a flight change!!! - It cost me 1000 English pounds to fix!!!

What happened?...

I needed to make a change to my flight so that I could fly from Singapore to the UK (my original flight was through Indonesia via Singapore to Manchester). I was told this could be done, and PAID FOR THE CHANGE with Travelgenio, and was told it was done and confirmed.
    I applied to my embassy to get me an emergency passport to Singapore, and paid for an additional flight to Singapore...
    After receiving NO RECEIPT for my changes of flight from Travelgenio I called them.. and was told it was done and to be patient and wait for the email.
    I called them again a day later after still not getting any confirmation... Only to be told that Travelgenio would not honor the change I had already made AND PAID FOR.
    Travelgenio wanted 280 British pounds more!!! And Travelgenio only told me this less than a week before flying!!!

Knowing that Travelgenio lie/and do not honor their payments/do not respond/change their minds on things that have been paid for!... I was worried that the same would happen again. So asked Travelgenio for a refund...

I was told I could be given a refund with a 68 English pound fine... BUT AFTER THE TRANSACTION WAS FINISHED... I was told that Travelgenio were talking an extra 290 in taxes!!!
    I then had to buy a whole new ticket with another company for 677 British pounds to get back to UK!!!

Travelgenio HAVE NOT REFUNDED ME ANYTHING AT ALL!!! - THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE EVER RESPONDED TO AN EMAIL. IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

Because of Travelgenio messing me around and lying I ended up paying 1000 British pounds more to try and fix it!!!- Not only do I want a refund, I want compensation for all of the money I had to waste because of the misinformation and lying.

• Updated by Emma Robdale, Sep 12, 2019

THEY STILL HAVE NOT GIVEN ME A REFUND. - I bet they don't even have my bank account details. It is always being processed. They refuse to give me a date. They refuse to reply back to emails.
    It has been over their 30 day refund period... and they just don't care.
    Literally the worst.

• Updated by Emma Robdale, Sep 23, 2019

hello Travelgenio,

I got an email from you last week saying you had followed 'correct procedure' after not being able to change my flight (after I had paid. )

I just wanted to point out that you did not. And that you have lied again.

1) You claimed that you had given me a call but I missed it. - I had no missed calls
    2) I called YOU back again the same day, the next day and a day later to confirm my changed flight. And was told it was all fine!!!
    3) I called back again. and was told repeatedly. "Lady... I don't see whats the problem? I don't see what's the problem??" - as I explained again and again.
    4) - I sent twenty emails explaining what had happened... with no response!!!

How is any of this sticking to your procedure!!!

I literally had to force the guy to check with his manager, out of desperation. This cost soo much in telephone bills from Thailand!!

NEXT!!! - I was told their would be a 68 pound deduction... but not that taxes would add another 240 pound!!! - Having tax THREE TIMES MORE than the penalty, and not telling me was sneaky and deceitful. I never would have agreed to the refund if you had told me.

Also - many of your customer representatives ARE RUDE.

I want FULL compensation.

ALSO!!! - you said my money would be back last week! I think your company is lying and scamming me again. The very least you can do is actually return the money... into the accounts. ON TIME.

Travelgenio is the worst company I have ever booked with. I will never fly with Travelgenio again.

All I want is my money back. It should have been back last week.
    WHAT DAY WILL I GET MY MONEY? - WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT NOW?
    it's been over your '30 day' limit I was told I would receive it in.

Thanks,
    Emma Robdale.

• Updated by Emma Robdale, Sep 23, 2019

You are the worst company I have ever booked with.
    First because of the initial incident... of which I have explained over and over now.

And second because you just continue to lie.
    First you told me my money would be back in 30 days. ( it was not!!) Then you told me my money would be back in my account last week. .(surprise surprise... no money)

And now I am email again.

Can you just pay me so that I never have to deal with your company again.

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Sep 23, 2019

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, Sep 23, 2019

Em
Sep 12, 2019

Comments

• Em

My flight booking numbers were: J81979 and [protected]

Travelgenio never game me my refund; They cheated me. And they scammed me.

I needed to make a change to my flight which started in Indonisea Bali... and landed in Manchester:

Flight Itinerary:

Flight selected BA 1370 - British Airways 16/08/2019
    Departing London, GB (Heathrow) 16/08/2019 07:55
    Returning Manchester, GB (Ringway Intl.) 16/08/2019 08:55
    Duration 01:00

Travelgenio charged me for the changes that I needed to make.- so I could board my plane in Singapore (instead of Bali) and get to Manchester.

Travelgenio said they had made the changes. But did not send me a receipt. I rang them up to check. They said the receipt was on it's way.

A week before the flight I rang up again... they told me that they would not make the change; They wanted 280GBP more to make the changes, that they had previously told me had already been made.- or I could not board the plane.

I was worried that after paying this amount Travelgenio would still not be able to change my flight. They offered me a refund (with a 68 pound fee). But after processing the refund told me about compulsory taxes that would cost me 'around' 250.

I was upset, but they told me they had already pressed the refund button and it was too late.

And at the end... they never even gave me or my dad the refund back.

• Em

My booking numbers were: [protected] and J81979

Disgusting treatment. Took my money. Were unhelpful. Lied about their services. And never game me my money back.

I paid for changes to be made for my flight from Bali to Manchester on the 15th of August.

They did not make these changes. - they sent me no receipt.
    I rang again and again, emailed again and again.
    A week before my flight I got through and they told me they would not make the changes they had already said they had made. They wanted an extra 280 English Pounds.

I was worried they would lie again, not change the flight and I would not be able to board. They offered me a refund, with a deduction of 65 English Pounds.
    BUT- did not tell me about he 250 English Pounds they would take out in compulsory taxes!!!

No refund came through AT ALL. NO money. No response. I had to buy a new plane ticket home from the UK... a week before the flight, and it cost allot.

So upset. A terrible company.