Menu

reviews & complaints

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Tower Hobbies / Hobbico with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Tower Hobbies / Hobbico has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Tower Hobbies / Hobbico. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico complaints 7

Sort by:

Newest Tower Hobbies / Hobbico reviews & complaints

C
12:02 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico waste of money

I will never order from here again the company sold me a bad rc car no response period from them they do not care about customers only them selfs period very unprofessional company sold me a bad tamiya car

T
1:54 am EST

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico My experience with Tower Hobbies

I made an order here and purchased something as a gift. I must say that Tower Hobbies delivered my order pretty fast but unfortunately it was incorrect. Return process was a real nightmare, they refused to give me a return label and they were quite unfriendly and impolite. These people don't know their own policies! I had to pay extra money to ship the item back. Their rep said that it was not their fault and tried to prove that I made something wrong. I had a terrible experience with them and I would not recommend Tower Hobbies to anyone!

Read full review of Tower Hobbies / Hobbico and 1 comment
1 comment
PatJW
, US
Jan 06, 2017 9:06 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We are sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. We are pretty good at accepting our errors, especially if we truly picked the wrong item to ship to you. You are welcome to email towersales@towerhobbies.com attn: manager and someone will look into this further for you. Be sure to include your name and address or customer number so we can locate your account to investigate. We value our customers and would be happy to look into this for you. Tower Hobbies

12:24 pm EST

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico Shipping of backorders

I bought a bunch of stuff on backorder. Once it was available, the geniuses as Towerhobbies shipped every item as individual packages. This meant I had to pay shipping and import duties on each item. One of the items was $1 and shipping $33. Towerhobbies said it is company policy to send backorders as soon as possible. So even though these invoices all follow sequentially on each order(meaning they were available at the same time), they still decided to ship individually.
When I contacted customer care it is as if you are communicating with a robot programmed to say the same things. They are not willing to see your side of the story of answer very specific questions.
Worst customer service ever.

Hide full review

Is Tower Hobbies / Hobbico legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Tower Hobbies / Hobbico as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 28% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Tower Hobbies / Hobbico stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Tower Hobbies / Hobbico should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Tower Hobbies / Hobbico achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Tower Hobbies / Hobbico. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Towerhobbies.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Tower Hobbies / Hobbico website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Towerhobbies.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Tower Hobbies / Hobbico and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Towerhobbies.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Tower Hobbies / Hobbico's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 28% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • Tower Hobbies / Hobbico protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Tower Hobbies / Hobbico. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
7:41 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I also faced problems with www.towerhobbies.com. I have ordered remote control plane from the website, but the order arrived already defective. The company’s agents were offline all the time, but I sent more and more emails. I didn’t get any responses or help from this team. After couple of weeks I threw the plane away and decided to share my review with others. Not recommended store.

S
6:20 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don’t trust the seller from the company www.towerhobbies.com. I bought two remote control cars from them, but the seller sent me defective ones. The cars were broken and no one of them really drove. The seller agreed to change these cars, but after he received the order back, he stopped to respond. It was big and unpleasant scam, so don’t buy from this website and better save your money.

10:53 am EST

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico Discrimination

Tower hobbies will not let my sister buy stuff for her husband because her farther has an issue with them this *** when people do this i wish there were something i could do about this she offered to solve the problem and make things better but they won't even consider it they sure are predgadice and unfair when it comes to a custenor now she buys from another hobby shop and they give her good service as far as tower hobbies goes you know where they can put there stuff thank you very much have a nice day.

9:57 am EST

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico denied purchase

THIS IS FOR MY SISTER SHELLEY SHE WANTED TO BUY AN REMOTE CONTROLL PLANE FOR HER HUSBAND FOR CHRISTMAS WHEN SHE PUT THE ORDER IN THEY TOOK THE MONEY OUT OF HER ACCOUNT THEN WAITED 2 DAYS THEN THEY CANCELLED HER ORDER WHEN SHE CALLED THEM TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON THEY WERE VERY RUDE TO HER AND TOLD HER SHE COULD NOT BUY FROM THEM BECAUSE HER FARTHER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM THEY ALSO TOLD HER THAT NOBODY THAT LIVES AT THAT ADDRESS COULD ORDER FROM THEM THIS IS SO UNFAIR TO HER AND ANYONE THAT LIVES THERE WHAT HER FARTHER DID SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED ON HER OR ANYBODY ELS TOWER HOBBIES IS DISCRIMANATING AGAINST SHELLEY AND EVERYBODY THAT TRIES TO BUY FROM THEM I WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING I COULD DO ABOUT THIS THANK YOU

Read full review of Tower Hobbies / Hobbico and 1 comment

1 comment
W
W
waterinthefuel1
Lafayette, US
Oct 14, 2010 9:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Considering you don't even know how to make a coherent sentence, I doubt this was tower hobbies issue. If your dad lived at that address and somehow screwed tower hobbies over, they are well within their right to not do business with you. You know those signs you see outside of businesses, "This business reserves the right to refuse service to anyone." Well, there you go. As long as you got your money back, Tower did nothing wrong.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Tower Hobbies / Hobbico contacts