Toshibalaptop computer

S

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Cg
    CGriffith May 07, 2009

I bought a new Toshiba and had it for about five months and it quit working, I call customer service and they had me send it in. After receiving it back I tried to use it and it did nothing, call customer service and they had me send it in again. After I got it back again I tried to use it and still nothing. I called customer service and they had me send it to them again. After about 1o day I called an they said it my be in the power cord and for me to send it to them. I finally got it back again and still nothing. Toshiba should be ashamed of there product support. My warranty is still in effect but the laptop is setting in the hall closet. I had to buy a different lap to have one to use. I will never buy another Toshiba product and was happy to talk a stranger out of buy a Toshiba over the weekend. I will do my best to make sure everyone knows how bad Toshiba customer service and support is.

john tate Apr 13, 2009

i bought a laptop from them july of 2017 they tell me it was a open box demo unit and was marked down so i bought it and come with a 1 year warranty but when it crashed i call toshiba and they told me it was purchased by someone else in nov 2017 so they could not fix it for free circuit city told me they would handle it and now out of buss. who can i call to get this taken care thanks oh and circuit city dont even have record of me buying it but they sure billed my credit card

• Mo
    Moahmmed Shareen Apr 08, 2009

Serial Number: 58289295W
    Model: Satellite A300

Mr Mohamed Shareen
    p.o.box:99473
    Dubai

Quote, "Congratulations Mohamed Shareen your registration was successful. Should you ever need to use our warranty service, you will need to refer to the information presented in this e-mail. Please print it out and put it in a safe place." WHATS THE USE!!!

I own a Toshiba Laptop Satellite A300 some 4 to 5 months back. The screen of the laptop has shown some sign of damage which i dont know what it actually was. I approached for repair with the Warranty card, but they simply refuse to repair it free of cost. I was a very loyal toshiba customer and bought it with great hopes, but their service has been a great disappointing. What is the use of a product of high quality with a terrible service history. My brother owns a sony vaio and he is very much satisfied with the product and their service. Toshiba has been a terrible letdown for me.

• Mo
    monicafari Feb 19, 2009

Toshiba Computer
    Best Buy - Geek Squad
    700 S Jackson RD
    McAllen, Tx 78501
    [protected]

I purchased a computer in Best Buy McAllen in September 2017, the 1st day a key fall off the keyboard, the next week 2 vertical lines appear on the display screen, and in january 2017 the charger only charges the laptop when it was powered off.

I went to Best Buy in January 11 2017 so they repaired all that and they told me they will stay with my computer for 1 month.

They notified me it was fixed and to come and pick it up on February 8, an aunt picked it up because Its difficult for me going to McAllen

SERVICE ORDER: [protected]

When I check the computer it was in terrible conditions:

1. certain parts are not properly assembled specially around the keyboard
    2. 2 vertical gray lines appear on the display screen
    3. the battery now charges when the computer is powered on, but now its worse because the laptop doesnt dettect the battery!
    I can only use the laptop when it is plugged
    4. errors when computer starts PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
    5. all pieces are loose so the control ON the side falls down
    6. the UPPER PART of the keys (HOME, END, INS, DEL) is extremely loose
    7. the INS key fell off the keyboard

In the repair comments they write: "Replaced mobo and keyboard Armando 695500"

What exactly did you repair? You left it worse than it was before.

Now it's very difficult to me stay another month without laptop and going again to MaAllen and I dont trust geeksquad maybe they will
    left it worse again.

I'm really disappointed I paid 329.99 dollars of guarantee and they destroy my laptop?

Mònica Farias
    [email protected]

• Le
    Leigh Feb 09, 2009

Bought a new Toshiba Fridge 6 months ago and it suddenly stopped working. The response I got from Toshiba was terrible. I cant get a date for a service technician apart from "hopefully in the next week, I cant get a replacement fridge, they refuse to replace any of the now rotten food and the manager is rude and unhelpful

• Bo
    Bobby Dec 16, 2008

I had Toshiba 52 inch LCD TV for less than one year in my house. I have 1 inch burnt pixels and Toshiba declined to honor their warranty because according to them the TV was shipped 3 weeks before I got the TV and they use that data to calculate the warranty. So I have 52 inch trash which I haven't been able to use it for 1 year. Please don't buy Toshiba as they use cheap Chinese made LCD to bring the price. Why not buy a chinese made TV?

• Ki
    kim Oct 29, 2008

Same thing happened to me!!!
    My satellite L350 Series, bought it in May 2017
    Hard drive quit in June 2017
    I sent it to the "repair" depot. It was repaired!? July 2017, hard drive was out again. Again, I sent it to the "repair" depot, it was "repaired again. This time the bottom of my computer was loosened, and I noticed some screws were missing. I tightened loose screws and the computer worked fine until October17th 2017. Seems like Toshiba is just putting a bandaid on the problems, waiting for warranty's to run out so they no longer have to be bothered with the problems of their consumers!!!
    I am currently waiting on "the box" to send my computer in for the third time.
    My son's father is in Iraq and our laptop was his only means of having decent communication with his dad (webcam) Now he can't communicate with his dad AGAIN!!!
    I will NEVER buy another Toshiba!!! I have already discouraged my sister from buying the same problems... She went with another brand.

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

The television was bought from Beyond Television.com as they offered the best price at the time, the scart socket on the back of the television has just recently become defective and also the Audio has stopped working so in total 2 defects. I have not had any satisfaction from Toshiba Customer Services they will not return my phone calls and it is almost impossible to get through to them by telephone to arrange for the TV to be repaired. I have made numerous attempts to contact them by email and telephone although they ignore my requests. I would not recommend this product due to the poor Customer Service and faults to the television.

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

Upon reading pages and pages of complaints, I find come to find out that I'm not the only one PO-ed by Toshiba's terrible customer "service".

I bought my Toshiba Satellite less than 3 months ago. The damn piece of junk already broke for the third time w/ THE SAME issue - faulty hard drive that keeps crashing.

The first time I had to drive 1.5 hrs to the CSS repair center, the tech told me it was "unusual" for a new laptop to have such a problem. The hard drive was replaced and I got the lap top back in a week or so.

August 19, 2017 - the Laptop is received from repair and powered on.

August 23, 2017 - the Laptop breakes..AGAIN.

When I dish out a nice lump of money for a product, I expect it to last me LONGER than a month...anyone else?

I call the Toshiba support, they tell me to ship it to them, claiming their techs have better equipment and training and will fix the issue, no prob.

I send the thing and get it back in about a week or two. Finally, I power it on (this past Monday) and in a few days(on wed.)GUESS WHAT??! SAME PROBLEM!! They didn't fix SQUAT!

The hard drive croaked again. The system.dll is yet again "missing or corrupt", windows won't start, and the computer boots straight into a blank, black screen.

Called them, told them how it was, didn't hold any temper back, and got transferred to the Customer Relations Center where I spoke to Jose, the *&#()hole. I asked Jose if I could be transferred to a supervisor, not to be a b%^$!ch, I just wanted to speak to someone who would be the last option and get straight to the point. This piece of (^#*@ says(and I quote): "I won't let the issue escalate beyond me. So you will have to speak to me"...

Huh? But I don't want to speak to YOU...I want to speak to a supervisor. I want to explain this problem to someone who CAN do something about it. But Jose wouldn't have it. When confronted with my assumption that it pretty improbable for a hard drive to be faulty, with dead spots three times in a row, Jose snobbishly stated: "We don't expect our customers to know anything about proper functioning of hardware. Only our techs would know that." (aka. your too stupid to know anything about the complicated clockwork of a computer, so I'm just going to ignore anything you say concerning the issue). When it came down to my options, the very rude *#^*@face gave me the good, 'ol run-around: "*sigh*Mam', you have two options. You can either take your laptop to a repair center. Or you can send it in to our repair depot."

Hmmm..sounds familiar. OH WAIT! Because I already did that! And the problem was still not resolved.

Given the fact that this "customer relations manager" failed to assist, and plainly just told me to f -off, I decided to call back.

The results?

The customer support rep(which, despite the same bullcrap, was a bit more properly mannered) promised that everything will be taken care of...

..once I send the laptop in for repair...again...

Stating that he will write up a "full repot" on this case and make sure that the techs run all the proper test, Eric assured me that they will do everything in their power so that I "will never experience the same problem again".

Ok Eric. I got your word for it...and your employee ID.

So you better be right.

The laptop will ship out tomorrow. I'll get back to you all on the final outcome.