Tobi.comThey know nothing of customer service, or math

I had been a loyal customer for over three years. Things were fine when I stuck to brands I knew but this was before they jacked up shipping to 39.99(Canada, closer than east coast from where they ship from) it doesn't include duties and taxes so I pay extra that thinking tobi has good products. They are cheap. Once they introduced their 30% off new items it was tempting to buy because of the price. But it's what you pay for. Or worse in my case because I have to pay more.
My most recent order ended up traveling through the border twice and to several states. When I wasn't able to receive the package when UPS was delivering, tobi's policy is to have it returned to shipper. I called ups and they said just have tobi tell us to re-deliver, it's common. Tobi's reply was that nothing can ever be done when something like that happens, and continuously blamed me for "refusing" the package.
They expected me to pay $53.77 for return postage that was added because they wouldn't make a phone call to UPS. I've written to them several times over email and facebook (which they would promptly reply then delete off the page, do you see anything negative there?) then they asked me if I wanted it shipped again.
I just so happen to be visiting NYC so I told them to ship it there using expedited shipping so i could receive it in the hotel. I figured I would save on the border fees and it wouldn't be an entire loss and waste of time. They sent it ground. Which arrived 3 days after I left the city. I was there for 5. I asked them
To return my parcel and give me my money back. It took them 3 weeks to do so, and they had charged me for the return and extra shipping already, but tried to deduct that total from my refund (trying to charge me twice) I showed them my statement and no replies were given after that. The refund finally showed up a few days ago after I pointed out their math error.
They know nothing of customer service, or math (they had said $374 - $64.77 is $331) GO FIGURE.

• Op
    Opelei Mar 16, 2012

Customer service is horrible. The customer service line goes straight to voicemail. They don't respond to emails. It seems that writing on Facebook is the best way to get a hold of them. Also, why would they even put items of the website IF they are out of stock?!?!?! Apparently they don't keep track of their inventory.

Tobi needs to improve the way they do business. Need to improve their customer service and they should NOTIFY the customer immediately that the item ordered is out of stock. That's very unprofessional.

I wish I had a different experience. They do have cute& affordable stuff. :(

• Po
    Polaris May 08, 2012

Most egregious customer service ever. It's been over 10 days since I placed my order, and it still hasn't shipped. They are basically unable to be contacted. Have called them about 5 times, never gotten through, and no responses to e-mails. Avoid.

• Nu
    Nuale Jul 02, 2012

Worst customer service ever!! My order took over a week to come in and when it finally did they sent me the wrong size. When I emailed them to inform them of their mistake, they told me my shirt in the size I wanted was out of stock. Yes, the clothes are cute, but their customer service needs HUGE improving. I will NEVER order from Tobi.com again!

• Ti
    Tirguane Jul 09, 2012

I had just recently discovered tobi.com through pinterest and thought all the clothes were extremely cute. I placed and paid for an order I was very excited for and have been waiting exactly 7 days. This morning it said my order was STILL being processed after 7 days- nearly all other online clothing stores I have shopped at have processed and shipped out orders the next day or two days. I just went to check again and all it said was "order cancelled". I did not cancel my order. I checked my email and I had an email from tobi that my order was cancelled and no explanation as to why. I am extremely disappointed and will not be shopping here again.

Malimex Jul 20, 2012

This is one of the online companies shoppers DREAD. Their customer service was horrible. When I first started looking to buy something their phone number did not work. I placed my order and when it arrived I owed $23.00. Plus the $40.00 shipping cost. The clothes looked nothing like they did on the website, they looked cheap and sloppy. I decided to return the clothes which cost me $25.00 in shipping costs plus $97.00 in brokerage and customs costs (because I shipped from Canada). When the package got to Tobi via UPS. They refused the package because I did not pay the $97.00 (I was unaware of these accumulated costs at the time). Overall, AWFUL COMPANY, AWFUL SERVICE. NEVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN. I do not recommend this company to ANYONE. EVER.

• Ml
    Mlkones Aug 28, 2012

NEVER ordering from Tobi.com again! Ordered a shirt and it never came. It has been almost a month, and this problem has not been resolved. They told me it would take about 5-10 days at most and it has been OVER THREE WEEKS! I have not received a call, email, shirt or refund! When I call their "customer service" number provided, it hangs up on me. I could go on and on with how horrible my experience has been- but I just want to warn others: DO NOT BUY FROM TOBI.COM!

• Kr
    Krimess Sep 24, 2012

This is my first time shopping at Tobi and I have not been impressed at all! I placed my first order and under account activity, it said it was processing. All of a sudden, the order disappeared under activity. I attempted to e-mail tobi at the e-mail address specified on their website, however there was no reply. I should mention that the website says customers should receive an answer within 24 hours. I placed my order again and am giving them one more chance to get it right. If this fails, I will never shop there again and notify my friends as well.

• Ak
    Aklinnes Dec 20, 2012

BUYER BEWARE! Do not buy from this store! They have the worst customer service ever. I bought 3 things 2 pairs of leggings and one cardigan that was $50. They sent the 2 pairs of leggings but apparently "accidentally" left out the cardigan, i called them numerous times and they never answered so i sent an email and they replied sorry but we saw your order was delivered and theres nothing we can do. So I'm out $50. They stole from me basically don't let this happen to you!

• Br
    Britt222222 May 06, 2013

I ordered a shirt and received it with the 50% off discount and in a timely manner. The shirt was a size too small so I wanted to return it for a different size but was told I needed to send the shirt back and reorder it in a different size; they would then send me a new shirt and make the price adjustments. I did not want to go through the hassle so I just sent the shirt back with anticipation of a full refund. After not seeing the refund in my account a few weeks later, I got in touch with tobi and they said to wait a few more days for the refund. After another few weeks later I was in touch with tobi again only to be told they had refunded me my money and supplied me with a transaction number to tell my bank about. I have been back and forth between the two, only to be reassured by my bank (who I have been with for 10 years and have never had a situation like this) that there is no such transaction. I have filed with the claims department with my bank to fight for my money back. UGH! what a process... I will never order from them again.

• Mc
    MC5 Nov 05, 2013

I made my first purchase at Tobi.com, used the 50% off code, but the order confirmation did not grant the 50% off even though the site did when I clicked purchase. The shipment arrived missing two items, calling customer service route straight to voicemail for days. Finally emailed, and the return $ amount was not the same as the purchase $ amount (with free shipping). The operation of this site is a complete mess. Not sure if I'd order again ever even if it's half off.

• Ad
    adv491 Apr 30, 2014

Doing this for a project and need the red part