TLG Great Fununauthorized charge

My card was charged also. I just saw this today. Luckily I was looking at my bank account online and saw this charge. My bank just so happened to have the phone number listed next to the charge, [protected]. It took me about 20 minutes talking to someone on the phone. It was hard to find an account that I didn't authorize. But finally it was found and my money is being refunded back. Hope this helps everyone.

James Thompson Mar 27, 2008

They have charged my credit card without my authorization

MARILYN CORPUS Mar 28, 2008

I too was given an unautorized charge on my credit card these people really suck I sure hope if you use the internet to pay bills you keep up on yor transactions.. so they cannot screw other people

Jennifer Mancell Jun 03, 2008

I was charged $35.99 by this company on 30th May. I called them and they promised to reimburse me. I still do not know what the charges were for. I hope they follow through, if not, I'll be back!

• Hy
    Hyang Kim Jun 06, 2008

Tlg-greatfun charged $10.99 to my credit card without my notice as a membership, which I never subscribed. this is totally ripoff my money by charging to my card. I called them regarding this, they are saying I subscribed to their membership after buying a air ticket from priceline.com. I never subscribed to their membership after buying ticket from priceline.com, which is totally baseless. still worrying that they will charge again. I think this is fault with priceline.com privacy policies by selling their customer card information to third parties like tlg-greatfun without customers consent.

• Be
    bethie Jul 01, 2008

I received an unauthorized charge for TLG Fun. I blogged their name and wow what a scam. I called customer service. Told them they were also being recorded and asked what services do you preform. Mohonogy said it was for discounts on hotels, airlines, and I would receive a $50.00 refund on my recent hotel purchase I made with Priceline. I asked is that where you got my info from and she said yes.

I have been using PL for 4 years and will never use them again! Mohonogy said she would reverse my charges and gave me a number. I have canceled my charge account and made a claim.

Everyone check carefully your charge cards. I check daily.

• Mi
    Mike Jul 09, 2008

It's not great fun to be billed for great fun™. be wary of any "reward" checks your credit card compnay may send you, its all a scam. and good luck getting refunded.

• Ce
    Cecille Jul 12, 2008

I was just reviewing my credit card statement when lo and behold I saw a charge on it that I didn't recognize (good thing I keep my receipts of all transactions i've made). I called the phone number of this so-called tlg great fun but they are closed so I called my cc's customer service and made a dispute which I hope will get resolved. (while I was calling my cc, I made a search on this abovementioned company and came across this complaints board) i'm just afraid that this will happen again. does anybody know how to stop this company from making unauthorized charges?

• Pi
    Pissed Jul 15, 2008

For whatever reason tlg great fun has taken $11.99 out of my account for no reason and I would like to have it credited back to my account. I have called their [protected] number to no avail.

Chris Jul 17, 2008

I recently saw a charge on my account for $11.99. I google searched the phone number listed with the charge and found a bunch of complaint blogs. many referred to ordering tickets on fandango.com, which I had recently done.

I called the number listed and got greatfun. I told them I was being charged for a service I did not want and had read it was probably from ordering from fandango. the guy confirmed that it was from an order placed on fandango and said I had agreed to getting a discount on the order. I had not received a discount on the order. he also said the service gave me coupons and discounts to local eateries and clothing stores, which I never got.

I told him I wanted to cancel and be refunded. he gave me a couple of sales pitches and I turned him down. he put me on hold while canceling my account. I got a little nervous because they do not have hold music.

He came back and gave me an authorization code and told me I would receive a credit to my account in 7-10 business days.

johnny delgado Aug 14, 2008

I spoke to cheryl at airtran and she said she had no idea this was going on. we purchased our tickets on line in april and in august we started getting charges from tlg*greatfun# for $11.99, bottom line we air tran file shares with this company and scam you out of a "membership" in which you get nothing!!! even if you did get something, it still sucks to get scammed like that! air trans customer service # is [protected] m-f 8-10p est. sat 8-8. also call your credit card company and block tlg*greatfun from charges.

Jen Aug 16, 2008

I'm being charge 11.99 every month by TLG Great fun, which I have no idea for what. I have file a claim with my bank and hopefully I can get the money back. Please be aware when buying airline ticket online especially with priceline.com

• Wi
    William Shea Aug 20, 2008

To whom it may concern:

August 20, 2008

Dear sir/madam:

While logged into my credit union account, literally 20 minutes ago, I noticed a charge of $11.99 credited to:

Tlg greatfn16107630aug [protected] ct $11.99
    (posted august 20, made august 19)

Not having authorized any charge for $11.99, in fact I hadn’t used the account since august 14, 2008, I called my credit union’s home office to dispute the charge. noting the ct 800 telephone number at the end of the charge code, the cu representative suggested that I call that number [protected] — see above) and determine if I may have authorized the transaction.

I spoke with a glenn at the number listed [protected]), and asked him whom he represented. he informed me that he worked for a company named great fun. I told him of the charge I had discovered and that I had never knowingly authorized a charge of $11.99 to a great fun company. he asked for my “customer account number”, the [protected] that appears on the debit line to my bank account (I never knowingly authorized the creation of any account number either). he informed me that shoebuy.com had passed my account information to them and they, (great fun) billed me for some unknown to me service. the charge was made a month and 9 days after my last purchase with shoebuy.com.

I last purchased a pair of shoes from shoebuy.com on july 11, 2008 and did not knowingly authorize any other purchase, even though I may have drilled down to learn more of some promotion. great fun debited my account for $11.99 on august 19, 2008, a full 39 days later after the shoe purchase.

I told glenn that I refused to accept the charge, and that I would be contesting the charge with my credit union. I was informed, by glenn that my account would be credited the $11.99 within one or two billing cycles. I told glenn that was unacceptable, and that I wished to be credited the amount due me immediately. he retorted with the one to two month billing cycle company line (code mg [protected]).

What a scam! they get to debit my account for something I did not knowingly subscribe to, without contacting or verifying with me that my account would be debited $11.99 on august 19, 2008, and I can’t get my money back for two months? I wonder how much interest they’ll earn and keep while sitting on my, and who knows how many thousands of others victims, money. it’s dirty, it stinks, and i’m outraged.

I spoke with a lillian at shoebuy.com customer service, [protected], and let her know of my dissatisfaction with great fun and my disappointment with shoebuy.com. she claimed that she would contact great fun personally.

This is a huge scam and needs to be stopped.

Sincerely,

william shea

Thiefs — why they still in business is beyohd me

Tlg great fun, auto vantage, buyers advantage, completehome, clever clubhouse
    Phone: 203-956.1000
    Fax:
    100 connecticut avenue
    Norwalk, connecticut, 06850
    U. s. a.

• Ka
    Katie Sep 16, 2008

Hey, checkout the other threads on tlg great fun — there are hundreds of people out there just like me and you! mine was through fandango.com — I wrote them a nice little email giving them a piece of my mind! go to the bbb in ct (or ny, whereever your bank statement claims their company to be) and I will supposedly get a refund in 7 days and it took 2 days to get this resolved since I found the $11.99 charges for the last three months. also, check back your statements up until you purchased the tickets and make sure they didn't charge you and you happened to miss the charges. I had to change my debit card and file a bank fraud report and go to the police station to file a fraud police report. take care — hope this helps you out :)

Ps: when tlg responded to the bbb email, they claimed I provided a password which is not true. don't them them fool you!

• Ri
    richard krause Nov 14, 2008

I have an unauthorized charge on my debit card from this company tlg great fun and I have no idea why. I want my damn money back!!!

• Ri
    richard krause Nov 14, 2008

To anyone signing up for a columbia house membership: make sure you read the fine print in the terms and conditions!!! by enrolling in columbia house you authorize a company called tlg great fun to charge you a membership fee of 35.99 which will be charged to the credit card you use when signing up for the membership. if you are like me and dont want to be charged this fee, do not use columbia house!!! also, it is a real pain to get this company, tlg great fun, to refund your money!!! it only takes seconds for them to charge your card for this fee, yet it takes 2 weeks for them to issue your refund!!! be careful and make sure you read the fine print!!!

Charlyn Nov 26, 2008

TLG Great Fun has been charging my credit card $11.99 for the past 6 months. Unfortunately, I've only noticed recently. I called my credit card company and they advised to change my credit card number asap so they don't have access to my info anymore. I think they got my details when I purchased a ticket from Orbitz. Stop using Orbitz!

Jennifer Green Nov 30, 2008

I just found a charge of $35.99 on my debit/checking account from Great Fun. It occurred on 11/4/08. I didnt authorize this charge so I went back into my records and found another $35.99 charge from 8/5/08. I cant call them as they are closed for the weekend but I am scared because I dont know how long this has been happening. I only found it because I saw an unfamiliar charge on 11/24/08 from www.usgrant.com for $39.95. I called them the day after Thanksgiving and they are in the process of refunding everything they took out of my account. It totaled $275.79. Now I dont know if Great Fun got my account number from them or if it has been going on longer than that. But the grant company was to send me a free DVD and I had to pay $2.29 for the shipping. I never received it so I let it go. Now $275.79 later that is what it cost me. I will never give my account number to an online thing again. But at least the phone number that is on my account record is legitimate. But Im still afraid they wont give me my money back. So far I see Great fun owes me $71.98 but it could be more. What is Great Fun anyway? I am so livid over this. I never thought I could get scammed.

• Wm
    wmartin25 Dec 18, 2008

I received a check for $10.00 in the mail. on the back where you endorse the check (sign it), it says..."when you sign this check you hereby sign up for a service from such and such company, this will cost $139.99..." (not exact wording but you get the point).

Interestingly enough I burned the check while I had a fire going and kind of laughed it off. that was three days ago, (15th of december 2008), the same day that they charged my credit card for $64.99. the woman I spoke to regarding the incident @ tlg great fun [protected] told me that I cashed the check and that is why I was charged, (remember I burned the check? no joke). this lady then went on to waste a few minutes of my time, I actually listened to her talk to me about discounts and opportunities if I stayed on their program. I told her to "stop!" and ordered her to cancel everything and refund my money. she then went on to tell me it could take 1-2 months depending on billing cycles. then I was transferred to an automated system that generated a number regarding my case. then it hung up. I immediately called my bank and issued a "no-credit received", (I think they called it that) which will guarantee that I will get my money back as they will take over and communicate to these idiots.

When I googled "tlg great fun" I was amazed at the negative hits that cluttered the search regarding this company. I can't believe they are still in business. I am going to find out what state theyre in and file a complaint with consumer affairs.

I wish luck to anyone who has to deal with these cheating, cruel #s.

• Er
    EricMorrissey Jan 02, 2009

We got hooked thru priceline when ordering on line airline tickets. I called great fun at [protected] (this number was listed on the charge, thru my quicken software), and got to customer service. I asked for and was given a refund on the charge ($11.99) and cancelled my membership telling them the practice of trapping people with deceptive gimmicks was illegal. the agent was very nice in spite of my lesst han pleasant attitude, and once he was done, transferred me to an automated system wich confirmed my cancellation of membership and gave me a cancellation code. write this down in case they try and charge you again. other than my time, it would appear that's all I lost.

• Ba
    bassman185 Jan 16, 2009

I have the same prblem
    Tlg complete me, tlg just for me, and tlg greatfun
    I have contactedt then every month sense october of 2008
    Every tme I received a canclelation number, but every month sense I still have been charged on my credit card. well today beside the nasty phone call I had with tlg, I also turned them into the b. b. b. (better business bureu)
    I am sick and tired on having to call tlg to put the amounts back on my credit cards, and also the over ballance limit on one of my credit cards, I have had enough

Sandie Feb 18, 2009

I don't know what this company offers. I have never heard tell of them but they have charged my card for a membership fee that I do no have. I have reported to my bank and that card is not any good any more. Apparently this is the nature of their fun business.

• Sh
    Shante' Thomspon Aug 18, 2009

I've notice that Great Fun has been charging fees toward my checking account since May 2009. I have had many NSF through my bank because of Great Fun. I've spoken to two reps from Great Fun and the fees will be replaced as well as all NSF during the time of withdrawns from Great Fun. I am giving them 7-10 business days to comply or else.

• Oh
    Oh geez Sep 22, 2009

Tlg great fun TLG*GREAT FUN who are these people????? They charged my account and I have no idea who they are. Has anyone had any luck in getting resolution? Is there a higher authority to complain to?

• Br
    BraD29 Sep 25, 2009

Unauthorized charge on my debit card. I had ordered something through red envelope. I must have hit something on the site, in error. Next thing I know i had a charge of 139.99 from this company, TLG Great Fun. Then the company stated, they mailed me a letter of approval. Which, of course, I didn't receive! My bank gave me a number of [protected], which worked. So for future reference, try this number, to contact. The lady told me she will have me speak to her superviser to credit, the account. Make sure you keep the reference number given. Just in case, the company just so happens to charge your account again!

• 3d
    3dkw Dec 08, 2009

I just got my bank statement and I have an unauthorized charge from TLG Great Fun- $44.99. I tried calling the number on my statement and it gave another number to dial, [protected] which is a phone sex line. I never authorized anything with or associated with TLG Great Fun and expect a full refund. I also plan on reporting this to the BBB.

• Kk
    kkassa Dec 15, 2009

TLG Great Fun said they got my info from Shoebuy.com when I used one of their coupons for $20.00 off.

• Kk
    kkassa Dec 15, 2009

TLG Great Fun is a scam, people should contact their local or state police, as they usually have fraud departments that deal with these types of scams!

• Ba
    Badcatoncall Feb 25, 2011

Pending -$14.99 This was on my debit card transaction list today and I did not authorize this payment! How did they get my card number and how are they able to take money out of my account without my authorization? I went to the web site to see if my information was listed anywhere and got an error that the information could not be found or not available! I am extremely pissed that they could just take money out of my account without authorization!

Jane Davis Apr 24, 2011

Yes, David. This company is a scam. I worked there - for a marketing group who is in cohoots to extract your bankcard information and to charge you until you close your account. DO NOT EVER DIVULGE OR PROVIDE YOUR BANKCARD INFORMATION TO ANYONE UNDER THE GUISE OF SELLING GREAT FUN OR SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE. DO NOT fill out online surveys providing your phone number and demographics -- they are trolling for victims. That's the simple, short, and not-so-sweet of it. Your name and information is sold at high dollars to mass marketing telemarketing companies, and it's extremely difficult to get out of . After 25 years in the legal field and working there? This company called "Think Direct Marketing Group, Inc." has a pending class-action lawsuit against it and should be closed down. Immediately. It's not the telemarketers fault, tho, most of us didn't know it was a scam because we never had access to the programs GREAT FUN or SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE -- only read scripts -- and hourly/commission rates were known until they figured out what kind of profit they wanted to make for that week.

• Do
    DonVitoEsposito Sep 20, 2011

THESE ###S TRIED JUST THIS EVENING SEPT.19TH AT 6:30 PM ABOUT A $40 FREE VISA CARD I TOLD THEM WHEN I FIND THEM, NOT IF I FIND THEM I WILL BLOW OUT THEIR BRAINS!