Time Warner Cableharassment/aggressive upselling/rudeness

I received five phone calls from 12:05pm to 5:45pm on Saturday 9/15/12- the day after I ordered internet service with them. The man was rude, arrogant and a total smartass. Of course they were trying to upsell me services, but he didn't need to bring up an old bill I had from July 1996 as "leverage" to try to guilt me into getting more services. He explained about their "debt forgiveness" and I said then why bother bringing it up if i don't owe money? I had TWC for two years at this same address in Raleigh and they didn't mention it once before now. I told him how it wasn't good business to harass me when I haven't even gotten my service yet, and I had already returned a call this afternoon and talked to someone. This is absolute harassment in my eyes. He was a jerk and owes me an apology and will hopefully have a long, slow and painful death.

• Pa
    Paul Vance Sep 16, 2012

Brenda's right you [censored] douchebag.

• Ad
    Adam111 Jan 08, 2015

I think upselling is incredibly rude. Trying to get customers to buy something they didn't ask for? "Did ya want any 99 cent bakery items with that today?" "DID I F----N ASK FOR ONE, A-HOLE?!!!" Customer service is about getting the customer what her or she needs. The way to find out is to ask what they want and then listen to them. It's VERY disrespectful to try to talk them into buying more. Sign of the times. No boundaries.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices