Thrifty Car Rentaldouble charged 2 credit cards

I rented a car from thrifty and the guy that ran my card "accidently" charged both cards they had on file instead of just the one for the rental. Resulting in me paying for the rental twice... Now over 2 weeks later they still have not refunded the money. Even though thrifty admits to the double charge and said the case has been "expedited"... Never use thrifty!!! Enterprise is usually the same price and has much better customer service... I rent a car at least a week a month... Guess thrifty doesn't need the business

• Je
    JerseyJack Jun 23, 2010

I had a rental in Birmingham AL reserved on a corporate credit card (Avis, with which we have an account did not have cars available). When I picked up the car, they required my personal credit card even though they had the corporate card with authorization on file. The counter help was rude and since I was now in Alabama I gave them my card (it was a 2 week rental, had I sent one of my junior employees they probably wouldn't have had enough credit).

First thing in the moring I call the corporate accountant and she has an administrator straighten it out, supposedly. After returning the car, I'm charged, not the cc on file. I expense the car and get a call from the accounting department, Thrifty charged my card and the card on file. It seems that the corporate office charged the account and the Birmingham location (a franchise) charged me. The franchise refused to take a voucher from the corporate office for the rental.

It took me two months to get a credit (and at least 3 hours phone time from an admin assistant at my office). Never again.

• Dt
    dtaginformant Mar 11, 2011

Yeah, choose Enterprise next time, they will treat you right. Since Dollar and Thrifty Rental agents have to sell stuff thats how they make their money. Believe me, they wont upgrade for free you unless you are 21-25 year old woman that looks like a supermodel.