Menu
The Weather Channel
reviews & complaints

The Weather Channel
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

36 complaints
6 resolved 30 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Weather Channel. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

With today's technology, why hasn't someone fixed the problem you are apparently having! 5 days and you are still showing old weather (red button) information! Many people that do not have internet access depend on this information. I was sent an email to edit my complaint. It is now 8 days old on the local weather and saved locations. PLEASE, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE ASAP

5:25 am EDT

The Weather Channel - constant animated voice weather warning

Why do you constantly interrupt programming with that ridiculous, unintelligible computer animated female voice over and over? You stream the warning on the bottom of the screen after several loud audio beeps. It could simply be read by the viewer. Instead, you interrupt the programming audio every 2 minutes with the same constant, computer animated voice, that is all but impossible to understand.

It's bad enough The Weather Channel has now turned into the, Highway Through Hell, and Why Planes Crash, rerun channel. But then you go one step further, and make it all but impossible to view.

Oct 02, 2018 7:19 am EDT

I agree, there are just too many. Why do we have to loose voice from twc to hear the warning over & over & over. How many times does it have to be repeated. I just counted here in phoenix on the "flooding" warning - there were qt least 6 of them at 1 full minute each and a back to back. Now when they come on i just simply change channels. Why can't they be just in the banner without the voice.
I love The Weather Channel and all the shows...Big fan but please just fix the Alerts.

P
10:31 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got home from work and I wanted to hear the footage you were airing about Hurricane Florence and all I got to listen to was some stupid heat advisory warning happening the next day in Phoenix, AZ. The warning was telling me how I should look out for the temperatures going to be 104°. REALLY!!?? 104 DEGREES!!!??? In PHOENIX!!!??? Are you kidding me!!!??? I...

W
8:41 pm EDT

The Weather Channel - the weather channel app

Why have they fixed the weather channel app so it cannot be shared now?
This app in in all android phones now and it wont let you install any other older app that will share, you have to get it from the play store, and it dosen't share or offer any that will share, that was why I bought my phone, I live in southwest florida and my friends and family live in wv, I would like to share this weather up there so they can see how it is on any given day, now I cant, I am not at all pleased with this new the weather channel app, please let them know they have disappointed many by blocking out the share of this app. I bought a new phone thinking it was my phone that wouldnt let me share and it is the newer the weather channel app, this is wrong to us who want to share the weather with there friends and family.

8:30 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment that you now relegate "Local on the 8" to a small quarter of the screen. I can no longer see and certainly can no longer hear my local, mountain weather. You were my only source of reliable, predictable weather and one of the primary reasons I subscribe to the expensive second layer of cable tv. Please know...

10:42 am EDT

The Weather Channel - hurricane coverage to the exclusion of all other weather in the u.s.

Montana is burning to the ground and is a state of emergency, oregon is in a state of emergency and has entire cities surrounded by fire and you're not showing it! You are ignoring it! Idaho's entire upper half is burning down with a university right in the path and yet you show nothing. Weather is fiery as well as wet and windy. Equal coverage people! But then you are an nbc owned news station so I should already know the answer to that question.

9:42 am EST

The Weather Channel - general forecasts for the western half of the country

The meterologists at the weather channel might be suprised to find out that the gadsden purchase is part of the united states. Take today, for example. Winter storm kayla has just reached lax. It's headed for arizona. Twc's paul goodloe just showed us the anticipated path of the storm. Unfortunately, the banner at the bottom of the screen cut off the entire gadsden purchase. I understand that the banner is necessary. It explains what's being shown on the screen. I don't understand why they can't move the map up enough so you can see the entire southwest.

It happens every day. Every day. Every forecast. It's really frustrating. Yeah, this isn't a densely populated area, but don't we deserve to be included?

7:42 am EDT

The Weather Channel - photos of tortured animals

Weather.com consistently displays photos of tortured animals with horrifying labels like "unbelievable abuse" and THEN posts a "Warning: graphic photos" when it's too late because you've already seen it and can't avoid it. I've complained multiple times, and they never respond and keep showing the photos. They're probably getting paid a lot of money for this. It's disgusting and should be illegal to force people to look at this revolting stuff when they have no option. My option is I'm never going to the site again.

Aug 05, 2013 10:48 am EDT

I've never clicked on any of the images. The lovely scene this morning was a waterway full of red blood with a label about the killing of dolphins. Never again!

Aug 05, 2013 7:01 am EDT

Well, I just went to the site. They haven't changed.

Aug 04, 2013 9:36 pm EDT

Well, now I'm hopeful that they've actually responded to my complaints. I had found the site very helpful but have stopped using it b/c I didn't want to get so upset every morning. thanks for the info. Maybe they've actually responded. That would be great.

Aug 04, 2013 7:44 pm EDT

Did you see the photo of the cow with its feet tied together, blindfolded, and tied to a rope high in the air apparently being lifted onto something by its FEET? or the dog with its mouth pried wide open with some kind of metal device and someone's hand and the label "unbelievable cruelty?" Those are some of the ones I saw repeatedly. They made me sick. I never clicked the links, of course; but what I saw made me sick enough.

Aug 03, 2013 10:18 pm EDT

Thank you. I adore animals also and do everything I can to protect them. It destroys me to see these hideous photos--I'm doing the best I can to help. Please don't ruin my night's sleep.

Aug 07, 2013 9:51 am EDT

I just surfed all over the site and saw nothing even remotely like abuse of animals. Maybe the home page is different in different areas. It was all weather related for me.

H
7:30 am EDT

The Weather Channel - A joke

This Weather channel is a joke...First they said that this Hurricain is going up the middle of Fla...Everybody went out and bought supply's from flashlights to batterys to generators and for nothing...The storm missed us...But we are getting heavy rains and big storms on the west coast and where is the weather Channel...On Key West and the east coast where nothing is going on...They don't even know where to send there people to cover these storms...And then they have a guy in CUBA on there beach...Why?Who knows..If they put somebody in Palm Beach that would have seen mega storms...Who cares about CUBA...They have changed there minds so many times on where this storm is going..They just guess...Anybody can do that...Why they pay there people so much is beyond me...And that Al guy is useless...

Sep 08, 2012 8:43 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The whole production has been dumbed down to the intellectual level of a toaster. But NBC has the monopoly - so that's what ya get.. Pull the plug on that idiotic overpriced cable. Don't be a hamster.

H
1:13 pm EDT

The Weather Channel - won't wake up with al.. not. they are always wrong

This channel is a joke... They make everything sound worse then it is for ratings.. And then when they do get a bad storm they are not on it... And more then half the time the hurricane storm tracks are wrong... I miss the old weather channel when they just told you the weather and did not have this stupid wake up with al crap...

4 comments
Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm EDT

My complain is very different, I been looking to their records, and not once my name is been used for anything not even for a tropical storm. This name is not unusual, a famous actress had this name, Please remember this for next year! Sincerely Myrna L, from: (manheim, PA.)

Nov 09, 2012 4:53 am EST

they gave al roker a show here but on the today he has been never moved up. now if and he is real close to abrams which they moved there. she suppose to have a show with mike bettes the storm chaser but has been hiding atlanta. then they take Maria LaRosa which has a husband and children and send her to new jersey to report on trouble but bettes is hiding in south. he has a show with abrams and should be there. guess maybe they fiqure he would get in way of abrams and roker being together. since take over adding roker, abrams, bettes and they have made it the worst show on tv. and when they do report most of the time it has nothing about weather. like today abrams was talking about a new club that open and she wants to go but just didnt have time. yet there is people up there lost everything but that not important.

L
Sep 11, 2012 4:27 pm EDT

While my 9the grader was watching the Weatheer Channel theis morning (Sept 11, 2012) at approximately 6:15am, NBC ran a clip of Al Roker interviewing Blake Shelton about The Voice. Blake Shelton mentioned on several occasions that he is very preoccupied with Christina Aguliera's 'boobs' while working on The Voice. I was so aghast and Al kept Blake talking about 'thee boobs' (like a complete idiot/both of them). When the interview was over, Stephanie Abrams came back on and said 'I thought this was a family show' - exactly, it USED to be before NBC decided it was appropriate to have Blake Shelton discuss boobs on what once was The Weatheer Channel. NBC has destroyed the Weatheer Channel. It must be so demoralizing for the educated people that still have jobs reporting/analyzing the weatheer to work for NBC slime.

Sep 08, 2012 8:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You're gonna "wake up with Al" whether you like it or not...because this is YET ANOTHER ...NBC production, and apparently they now own the rights to any and all "weather channels" in the USA. The new..."Atmospheric Pravda"

Nothing is out of their grip.

J
4:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Weather Channel is now worthless for weather. I live in Chicago & Tonight with a tornado outbreak in the Midwest, the Weather Channel ran their usual Ice Pilots etc. Finally at 7 PM EST they did live programming. They spent 7 minutes discussing the wide spread severe weather and tornado warning; then 20 minutes of coverage er their Tweets, video...

J
6:51 pm EDT

The Weather Channel - ashleymadison.com

The Weather Channel showed an advertisement last night (primetime) for mymarriagematters.org which is a transparent front for ashleymadison.com, a website specializing in facilitating extramarital affairs.

Shame on you.

View 0 more photos

4 comments
A
Jul 04, 2016 5:51 am EDT

why does abrams stand with her legs apart not very lady like looks like shes advertising herself turn you off when shes on sorry but no one else stands like that and I wont watch her or channel when shes on if something isn't done

C
Jun 23, 2015 8:43 am EDT

I live in zip code 6014. Why am I not getting my local weather anymore? I should be getting Elmhurst and Chicago O'Hare. Instead I am getting the weather for places down south or Indiana. There was sever weather last night and I was getting the wrong information

Apr 08, 2015 8:56 pm EDT

Why do you constantly change your website...it's working fine and I finally get used to one way and you change it again, make it complicated and weird...Why? leave it alone ...it's working fine ...

K
Apr 16, 2014 8:21 am EDT

I am writing to complain about the weathers on the 8s thing. Don't ypu mean 10 minutes or longer? It starts with the U.S temperatures then instead of going to our weather it switches to every thing else. The weathernin the South, NBA, etc. When it finally does come on they talk through the entire report. What kind of weather forcast is this? You are going to lose viewers if this continues. I'll probably be the first of many.

A
6:10 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

your new local weather format is terrible. why did you mess with a perfect format, which enabled the viewer to actually see local weather in large print. it's supposed to be local, not national. please return to original format a.s.a.p.

V
12:12 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Did you know about a crew of weather man idiots that took me for a ride so bad I am dying in the gutter with nothing I have been a victim of fraud and mayhem and my life has been attempted over13000 tiomes to no avail?I am absolutely appauled at this group of peoples behavior.Now they want the money back for federal benefits if I cancel.In particular jim...

6:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

THE WEATHER CHANNEL is one of the main benefactors of www.consumersdigestweekly.com and www.consumerproductsdaily.com scam websites. Whomever owns these (2) 1 page websites (it is listed as International Media Licensing) is paying The Weather Channel www.weather.com tremendous amounts of money to advertise on the www.weather.com home page under the...

L
8:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In attempts to contact both twc serv in the dallas tx metroplex and to email the weather channel, neither seems to want to hear from paying customers when they are displease either with content of programming or services. Since when does the weather channel think they have become or needed to become tcm or tnn and show non-weather related feature films. If...

The Weather Channel contacts