The Salvation Army USAshelter

J Jul 10, 2019

I was dismissed from the shelter because another resident said I was allegedly recording on my lap top. First of all, I do not need anyone knowing I'm in a shelter. Second, none of them women are even interesting enough to record (no offense). Third, that is invasion of privacy; if I don't want people to know I'm in a shelter I know others don't too. I have no reason to record any of those women in there. They went off her word and dismissed me. Prior to today I was accused of lying about what I do for work. I emailed them and kindly let them know I didn't appreciate being called a liar. I find it every convenient they dismissed me after I stood up for myself. I really believe today's dismissal was to put me "in my place." I'm an intelligent black women and definitely can read between the lines. They are very condescending with homeless people. This is my first time I've ever been in a shelter and I will never go to a shelter again. People don't want to help. They want to look down on you. I want a call immediately regarding this issue.