Menu
The Farmer's Dog Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

The Farmer's Dog
reviews & complaints

www.thefarmersdog.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.5 16 Reviews

The Farmer's Dog Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Our verdict: With The Farmer's Dog's perfect complaints resolution rate, you can expect exemplary service. However, it's beneficial to read beyond the numbers. Explore detailed customer reviews to understand the context behind their success. Familiarize yourself with the full range of services offered by The Farmer's Dog and prepare clear communication for any interactions. Keeping a personal record of your dealings will help you navigate their services effectively and ensure your satisfaction with their performance.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for The Farmer's Dog has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Farmer's Dog. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest The Farmer's Dog reviews & complaints

H
The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog I ordered Farmer's Fog because my best friend/neighbor has been using them for months now and has had such great results from their Belgian

I ordered Farmer's Fog because my best friend/neighbor has been using them for months now and has had such great results from their Belgian Malinois. I exlressed concern for my Boston Terrier who is overweight due to excessive treats and lack of exercise and they sent a smaller amount of food for him as opposed to the smaller French Bulldog who goes swimming multiple times a day in our pool. The rations are perfect and the boys LOVE the food! The frenchie has had less allergies and the boston is slimming down. SOOOOO worth the money for my babies and I'm just so happy ro have a brand that I trust and has the welfare of my babies at heart.

Read full review of The Farmer's Dog and 2 comments

2 comments
W
W
W. Stamm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tried this service to save time. Trial box arrived 1 day later then the delivery window. All dry ice gone and partially defrosted. My dog would net eat it after 3 days and trying all 3 of the recipes provided. I called to cancel the next delivery and they told me it was too late. I needed to cancel 2 days after receipt which wasnt enough time to try all 3 recipes. Even though the next shipment wasnt even prepared they wouldnt let me cancel. I was forced to take an additional shipment and told that i should add hot water and fluff up the food. Terrible customer service, the food has little to no protein. Do not *** with

L. Daugherty
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Top notch company. My dog was on this at the end of his life to entice his appetite. He didnt make it, but Famer's Dog was ready to refund my boxes, AND they sent me a bouquet of flowers after learning Bentley had passed. Made me cry good tears honestly. Lovely company to work with.

B

The Farmer's Dog I am a new costumer to the *** dogs

I am a new costumer to the *** dogs. I have received 2 orders and the third is pending. 2 out of 3 deliveries have been delayed causing my dog to miss meals. I pay premium prices for the dog food, there is no way to substitute the food at any local pet store. They will give $25 in credit which is *** and dimes as it is not enough to even home *** meals for substitution. The costumer service is subpar compared to the prices they charge. My request is to have additional meals packed in the order accounting for missed meals due to their shipping delays in addition to their refund. If the gaps in delivery continue I will bring my service else where.

Read full review of The Farmer's Dog and 3 comments

3 comments
D
D
D. Thompson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Repeatedly failed to deliver food on time. Neither I nor support staff could not track status of orders. Multiple orders were weeks late and experienced operational errors. Feedback to management is ignored. Food seems high quality, but it doesn't matter if they can't reliably ship a box. I'd stay clear of this operation.

G. Lueilwitz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have 2 *** Bulldogs who love this food they are healthy and happy no stomach problems Anyone who has a *** Bulldog should try this one

N
N
N. McGlynn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

on the phone has been great. My dog loves the food & eats every bite. I will see if he gains or loses weight as the vet said he needs to gain weight. Only been on it 2 weeks.

The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog We have been feeding our 15 year old dog *** food for several months

We have been feeding our 15 year old dog *** food for several months. She no longer wanted to eat the dry food we had been feeding her for years. We saw the ad for *** and decided to get a trial shipment. She loves it and can't wait to eat! She has some intestinal issues and wasn't processing her food well. She pooped multiple times a day, had *** of undercoat constantly falling out, and when we rubbed her we would get a handful of hair. Since being on *** she doesn't *** nearly as often and the shedding is very minimal! Also, their customer service is excellent! Whenever I have contacted them they have responded immediately and do their best to help.

Read full review of The Farmer's Dog and 3 comments

3 comments
M. Hamill
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The food from the Farmer's dog is excellent, however the company is completely dysfunctional with regards to delivery schedules. It has been one error after another. I have 3 dogs and they completely skipped a week of food. The have no mechanism in place whatsoever when an error occurs. You are just left waiting. So my 3 dogs have no food for an entire week and we are going away so I will need to make them food and package it. Needless to say, I am discontinuing my account with The Farmer's Dog.

Y
Y
Y. Schulist
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My dog has always been a very picky eater. He would eat one brand of food for a few days then stop eating it and I would have to try another type. Then I found this company. Gizmo now cant wait to eat! He loves this food. It has been months now that he has been on it and each day as soon as I put his food out he gobbles it up! His energy has increased as well. The food always come well packed and always frozen.

G. Keeling
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Canceled my subscription! Still ran my CC with out my consent ! Thats flat out stealing ! Im demanding a re fund. Hi ***, Im just following up with you to confirm that weve canceled your dog's plan at your request. Please dont hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Were always here for you and your dog. *** Customer Support | @*** | #longlivedogs Food for thought: Here are the top 6 benefits of feeding fresh.

Is The Farmer's Dog legit?

Our verdict: The Farmer's Dog has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores The Farmer's Dog's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of The Farmer's Dog can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

The Farmer's Dog earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: The Farmer's Dog achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for The Farmer's Dog. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The Farmer's Dog resolved 100% of 3 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

The Farmer's Dog has received 7 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Thefarmersdog.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows The Farmer's Dog website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Thefarmersdog.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for The Farmer's Dog have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up The Farmer's Dog and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Thefarmersdog.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from The Farmer's Dog.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• The Farmer's Dog protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

The Farmer's Dog My dog was no longer eating "The *** Dog," dog food

My dog was no longer eating "The *** Dog," dog food. I found that The *** Dog customer service/ support is exceptional! (Thanks for ur help *** They help with any problems/situations that happen to come up and they try to help you find solutions. I explained my situation, *** said that there was no problem with refunds. Simply donate the unwanted/ unopened frozen food to your local shelters/ rescues, complete the simple donation form, also add a photo of food. Got it done in the same day, and had my refund processed the same day! The company believes in giving back to local communities. It truly says a lot about their strong and positive company culture. Excellent no-hassle refund, no hassle canceling subscription, and excellent customer support!

Read full review of The Farmer's Dog and 2 comments

2 comments
S. Rutherford
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Alarmingly bad customer service. Average quality food, often delivered thawed out and unusable in summer months. Definitely not worth the $$ or the aggravation.

C. Bartoletti
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My dog was having some issues with eating. Just being picky. I have her on ***. So I tried farmers Dog thinking she would take to the human grade food they advertise. She wouldnt touch it. Thought the food smelled bad. Wouldnt go near it. Now Im out $150.00. I tossed it all in the trash. I did an experiment and put a bowl of The Farmers Fog out next to a bowl of ***. She went right for the *** and licked her bowl at the end. Farmers Dog doesnt deliver the goods Im afraid.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Farmer's Dog The company is the best most understanding business towards its customers

The company is the best most understanding business towards its customers. They know how to treat each family and pet as an individual. They allow you to feel that you matter. The product itself has been amazing for my dogs. My one dog has extreme health issues and this product has helped him to recovery from 5 different surgeries and be removed from 3 different medications. This product really has been life-changing for our special pet. They take the time to listen to your concerns and make adjusts that are needed according to the needs of your pet. They have been amazing through our difficult times by sending flowers and making sure he was recovering okay. This company is extraordinary. I would recommend that everyone used this company for their dogs. This was the best choice I have ever made for my pets.

H
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Farmer's Dog The Farmer's Dog really does care!

The Farmer's Dog really does care! I lost my fur baby suddenly the day after my order was put in. I cancelled the subscription that day. They sent me a beautiful email expressing their sympathy. When I called later that morning to see if there was any way to stop the order they informed me that it was already processed so they couldn't stop it. They asked if there was any place I could donate it to in my dogs name. I told them yes we have a no kill shelter in my town that I very much support. They then proceeded to tell me to donate that food in Kirk's name and they were refunding me the whole amount. I was blown away. The kindness and the compassion they showed to me on one of the hardest days of my life was so appreciated. When my heart is healed and its time to open my home to another rescue, I will never feed them anything but The Farmer's Dog. They have my business for life. Thank you...

Z
The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog I was surprised to see the negative feedback on this site, so wanted to weigh in since Ive had a positive experience

I was surprised to see the negative feedback on this site, so wanted to weigh in since Ive had a positive experience. We started our nearly *** eating and had gradually lost some weight recently. This food has basically brought her back to life. Shes much more energetic and engaged with activity in the house, and has a noticeable increase in her endurance for walks and following people around the house. Shes always excited now for her breakfast and dinner and eats immediately, which is a change from her kibble, she used to graze like a cat. We honestly feel it has added more time to her life. It felt like she was getting to the end, and now it feels like we have a good amount of time ahead. Were so thankful we made the decision to go with this food to help her feel good and get back to her usual self. If you can afford the food, I recommend it for anyone with older pets that seem to be slowing down to increase quality of life.

U
The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog My dogs love the food BUT my issue is with portioning and quantity

My dogs love the food BUT my issue is with portioning and quantity. I have 2 dogs, same weight, same two walks every day. 1 is older so when not on walks will lounge on the couch all day. The younger one, if given a choice will run around the back yard and chase birds and squirrels all day. For the younger dog, they send 24 packs of food a month to be fed at 1/2 pack per day. The older dog gets 28 packs of food per month with portion of 1/4 pack per day. The older dogs packs are smaller. When i fed the assigned amount she loses weight and snuffs around for food - shes not a big eater so this implies she is still hungry. Furthermore the packs for the older dog are smaller than some packs for the older dog - same with the younger dog and is no weight amount on the label. I weighed two packs for the same dog and they were drastically different (one at 1.9 lbs and the other at 1.1 lbs) And for the i creased cost i still run out of food and have to make more by hand before the month runs. They have more than a few kinks to work out here. I am considering cancelling cause its less of a pain to just make dog food from the grocery store.

The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog I would like to update my review, but I do not have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, so I will try it this way

I would like to update my review, but I do not have a ComplaintsBoard.com account, so I will try it this way. I would like to increase my ranking for The Farmers Dog to a 4 star review. They did reach out to me after reading my initial review, and *** was very understanding and helpful with my issues around the pricing and seemingly strange subscription based pricing structure they have. While I still stand by that I believe they should:A) Have a non-subscription based trial option available somewhere clearly listed on the website at the minimum or B) Even better, make the subscription (like *** does) more affordable and an actual option that you have to select, not the default option that you can't opt out of I would also like to reiterate, their food is very good quality, and I can say with confidence now, so is their customer service. I have rarely dealt with a company that goes so far to try and make a customer happy, especially one that they may not ever deal with again, very impressed.They would have 5 stars from me in a minute flat if they would just get rid of the default payment option being subscription based, it's not necessary, you have a great product, and great people that work for you, everything you need to be successful is there. If the prices could come down a bit, you could run the dog food market, I'm sure of it.

R

The Farmer's Dog I signed up to receive the farmer's dog subscription

I signed up to receive the farmer's dog subscription. The second order shipped out automatically with no notice to me. They didn't send any emails letting me know of my upcoming shipment. I told them I wanted to cancel, but I didn't know how to even find the company's name because they never sent any email correspondences to my account. I found an email on their website that wasn't even valid which is an immediate red flag. Even the email on their automated message company system was not a valid email address and bounced back. Typically for subscription services, they send out emails to let you know of upcoming shipments. They did not, and there's no way to correspond with them via email or phone. I disputed the charge for the latest shipment with my bank earlier in December and asked the farmer's dog to please cancel my account. Farmers dog claims my account was canceled on 12/6, but on 12/22, they charged me AGAIN another $124 with NO NOTICE. I canceled my account on 12/6. Why are they charging me again on 12/22? I am away on Christmas holiday and now I don't know if wet dog food is going to be randomly delivered to my doorstep while I am away. Not only that but banks are closed so I have to wait until Monday to ask for a refund/dispute from my bank. They need to get their email marketing and subscription processes sorted out, unless they are just trying to scam people. I am beginning to think they did this on purpose. How could they mess up that many things up? They obviously have shady business practices. It's beyond just "bad customer service". They straight up stole from me TWICE.

The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog Sep. 30th: While my dogs do like most of the food (my dog Thor has stopped eating the beef recipe), The Farmers *** has been abysmal to

Sep. 30th: While my dogs do like most of the food (my dog Thor has stopped eating the beef recipe), The Farmers *** has been abysmal to say the least. First order of food arrived warm. I get that that is outside of TFDs control to an extent. The replacement box we got had less food and my dogs ran out rather quickly. When I reached out, they gave me a recipe for me to *** for my dogs and while Ill gladly do that, I dont think its fair that Im paying $140 every two weeks to have to *** for my pups. Thats what Im paying TFD for. Im supposed to receive a shipment of food between Sep. 30th and Oct. 2nd and the food, on Sep. 30th hadnt even left their facility. Its looking like Im done with The Farmers Dog. Ill probably get one more box to transition my dogs back to their old food.Update (10/2): They offered to send an extra box free of charge and I agreed. Then when I didnt receive the original order and tweeted at TFD, Annabeth reached out. She was quick to cancel my subscription (which I appreciated) but then the level of pettiness from this individual was extraordinary. She went out of her way to pull some strings to cancel the extra order of food that they were going to send. Its not that they arent going to send the food thats the problem, its the fact that they have the flexibility to cancel and modify orders after theyre being prepared all the while telling customers that theres no flexibility. Had you all pulled some strings and expedited my dogs food we wouldnt be having issues. Additionally, the extra box they were going to send, I was going to donate to a local dog rescue for some of those beautiful fur babies to enjoy but not anymore because of The Farmers Dogs horrendous business model and the pettiness of their customer service reps like Annabeth. Stay away from this company. You pay premium prices only to receive disappointment and recipes so that YOU can *** for your dogs. Not worth $140 every two weeks to me.

E
The Farmer's Dog replied to this review.

The Farmer's Dog TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY!

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY! I signed up for the 12 day food delivery for my three dogs. My first delivery was on 3/11 and after the initial 2 week 'break in period,' they proceeded to send food WEEKLY. I questioned the beef portion sizes being smaller on 4/01. They told me beef was more calorie dense. I checked and it is, although I don't think my dog's tummy's feel more full on beef days and didn't understand why more lower calorie ingredients weren't included to equalize beef meal portions. I decided I would supplement beef meals with few raw pieces of fruit or vegetables. At that time I also told them I was getting food too frequently. They verified I was on the 12 day plan and assured me they have 'MEAL PLAN TECHNOLOGY' which tracks how much food I have on hand and adjusts deliveries accordingly. I figured it would equalize out going forward due to their spiffy tracking system. WRONG! 12 day dogfood supplies continued to arrive weekly. After receiving my order on 4/15, I had more than 2 1/2 full orders in my freezer, which I only anticipated increasing. On 4/15 I requested orders be held until I notified them to send another. I was unhappy that I couldn't rely on their tracking system, but was still willing to order as needed. They assured me by email on 4/16 and again on 4/17 that they would hold orders until I requested another. I received a text on 4/20 that my next order was on it's way. I have cancelled my subscription with them and will be challenging the charge for this last delivery with my credit card company if it is not refunded. They assure me it will be, but they have repeatedly made false claims to me already. I really don't get it. Do they operate on the basis that subscriptions are going to be short lived so they *** as much as possible while they can? I would have continued doing business with this company for probably a very long time. Either this company is repeatedly incompetent or deliberately acting in bad faith.

The Farmer's Dog So Ive been a customer of The *** Dog now for 4 months

So Ive been a customer of The *** Dog now for 4 months. So far all has been great and my 3 yr old Pomeranian has loved the food. Easy switch from really good kibble to human grade dog food. Twice the price as kibble but as we love our dog hes thrived. As a matter of fact Princeton lost 2 lbs Down from 15 to 13 by slightly under feeding him. So heres the rub. I did the 2 week trial to see if hed like it and he did. But to get the best price they encouraged buying 14 packs at $189.00 or about $3/day. So our family spent 17 days in August with the Delta Variant. So we missed the majority of the month. I pushed our order out to be delivered week of 9/7. Today is 9/3. They charged me yesterday 9/1 or 9/2 as it was showing as a pending charge on my bank account. I immediately called their CS department to ask the favor of either backing out the charge or charging the card I wanted to use and then crediting my debit there after. With no problem on my end. At 1st she stated was not able to assist and I asked if shed escalate to her Manger. She said no problem and after she came back stated it was company policy not to do so.I said well you havent even shipped my product correct me if Im wrong? and that did not sit or sound right in this day and age with pay systems. After even stating to double *** me. I told her that was not good CS policy and that would more than likely be last order from me. And that Id be going to their competition either *** or NOM NOM. At $796.50/annually, if Princeton lived to 18 yrs. that would be a $11,947.50 to the competition. Now Im not one to really take the time nor effort to write a review, but when people dont take the time help others in todays economy when asked nicely I wanted to throw THE FARMERS DOG under the bus. I used to tell our dog lover friends how much we liked the product. Id read similar reviews about quality until there was an issue. I said sure enough that wouldnt happen to me. So $12k could very easily turn into $100k or more over the years. As bad news travels fast. I can be reached if either of the Founders - *** Yoni or *** wanna make contact with me. Regrettably Yours

K

The Farmer's Dog This is a scam

This is a scam. They market as being healthy dog food that is human grade but they have a lot of additive ingredients. My dog is very sick, nothing changed but his diet so it is directly related to their product. I cancelled and they wont refund me and are still sending more food. Please help.

E
The Farmer's Dog has left an official reply on this complaint.

The Farmer's Dog We ordered the Farmers Dog food and have received 3 two week shipments so far

We ordered the Farmers Dog food and have received 3 two week shipments so far. The dog really liked the food but unfortunately, our dog ate the Beef version on 5/18 and has been throwing up with bloody, runny stools for 35 hours since. We took him to the vet and they diagnosed it was likely a pathogen in the food or an allergic reaction to something in the food. The vet bill was over $326. This is the only food the dog has eaten in the last 2 weeks - he is on a strict diet. My husband asked for a refund and to cancel the next shipment, but the company said too late to cancel even tho it has not been shipped and promptly charged us $142. 20 today 5/20. This is unacceptable, we cannot use the food anymore and risk sickening our dog again.

The Farmer's Dog I signed up for a trial of Farmer's Dog fresh food

I signed up for a trial of Farmer's Dog fresh food. My dog hated the food and got sick with the little amount he did eat. I cancelled my subscription as soon as it was obvious that this food was neither appetizing or safe for my little one. Even though it was a whole 5 days prior to my actual next order, Sam from customer service stated, 'I'm sadly unable to stop it at this point'. I had just received the stuff 2 days ago! And my online account does not show the order for $118.14 they charged me for today because I cancelled my subscription. They are saying they have to send the order to me but its gone off their website. It got me thinking that it just doesn't make sense with all the sites that ranked it at 1st/2nd place and customer service being a real selling point for me when I was deciding which fresh food to pick. So I looked into it deeper and the sites that ranked Farmer's Dog at the top actually got paid (by them) to do so. I feel duped!

Read full review of The Farmer's Dog and 1 comment

1 comment
sandy and jim
tipp ccity, US
Sep 03, 2023 2:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

why not the farmers cats!

The Farmer's Dog Customer Reviews Overview

The Farmer's Dog is a pet food delivery service that delivers fresh, healthy and customized dog meals to pet owners. Our reviews indicate that The Farmer's Dog is a top choice for pet food delivery, receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from our users. Positive reviews include comments on the high-quality ingredients, convenience of delivery, and excellent customer service. Customers appreciate that The Farmer's Dog uses fresh, whole-food ingredients that are free of fillers, and artificial preservatives, making it a healthier option for their pets. Reviewers also praise the easy-to-use website, quick delivery times, and friendly customer service team. Pet owners report that their dogs love the taste of the food and have experienced improved energy levels, digestion, skin/coat health, and overall vitality thanks to the quality of the meals. The Farmer's Dog is highly recommended by our review site for pet owners looking for a convenient and healthier option for their furry friends.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

The Farmer's Dog contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with The Farmer's Dog?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Farmer's Dog Customer Service. Initial The Farmer's Dog complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Farmer's Dog above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Farmer's Dog. Discuss the issues you have had with The Farmer's Dog and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.