The College Networkfraud and cheating

I have placed many calls to this company starting soon after I was pulled into this scam. The company Rep sat at my table and told us so many things that were not true.

First being The College Network was affiliated Excelsior College. This was a big lie. Not only are they not affiliated but on one call to my “education advisor" he actually said “when you call them don't let them know you are working with us as we are not on very good terms" When I spoke to Excelsior's Admissions Department they were happy to confirm this. LIE #1

We were told that acceptance to Excelsior College was guaranteed. LIE #2

My wife and I were also told after I asked about the cancellation policy only being 3 days, that he would put it in our contract that I could take the first course and once I “ace" the test if I still wanted to cancel it would be no problem. LIE#3

I did not receive and have not received a copy of everything I signed including the extended cancellation policy when asked about this I was told that I could get copies of the contract but there was no extended cancellation agreement supported by the company. Let's put that the category of LIE#4

When I brought this to the attention of The College Network all they would say is they apologize and that Rep is no longer with the company. To that I say, who cares! Your Reps misrepresent your program to grab their commissions and then they run leaving the consumer to suffer with nothing but a loan that you cannot get out of.

Here is your chance to put things right. Hopefully there is an attorney out there that would like to take on this class action. Whether or not the Rep is with the company or not is no concern of mine. The fact is these guys are engaging in deceptive trade practices to obtain the business and then offer no resolution.

• Valerie Nov 15, 2008

This company lures prospective students into it's trap then bleeds all the money it can from you for services you can obtain directly from your college without them. Then they keep adding more charges on.

In an idiotic moment I bought into what they were saying and signed up, Big Mistake! I had already submitted my transcripts to one of their offices before a rep came to our town for a sign-up session. This office had already evaluated them and told me what classes I needed, so when I attended the sign up class I knew what classes were required for my path.

A few weeks later I received a notice saying they had re-evaluated me and I needed more classes, which they added on and sent more materials, of course adding more money to my bill. After talking with other people who signed up with me, I discovered they did this to almost everyone there. And you can forget trying to get out of the program. They sign you up with a credit union or other financial institution for a loan and get their money up front.

I have never used any of the materials, or their services, found it was not for me, could not get out of the contract, so I honored my commitment and made my payments for almost 3 years now, only 4 more payments to go.

Now they are saying they did not charge sales tax to any Texas residents and I owe them another $285+, even though I have a contract from them stating the total due and paid. From reading some of the nursing forums, it seems they are trying to collect from all present and former Texas students for years of their mistake of not including sales tax in their billing.

You can even go to the Excesior college website and find a warning about dealing with companies like this. Their ripoff scams are well documented across the web. Just try searching, many people are unhappy with their tactics. If I only had of know about this complaintsboard.com site before I signed up.

Now I am receiving letters and phone calls from a collection agency, I have been turned over for unpaid debts.

If I hear of anyone starting a class action suit, believe me I want on the bandwagon. I have never sued anyone, but this company makes me think about it.

• Tr
    tracy parker Dec 02, 2008

I totally agree with your complaint. I was suckered into this scam based on several of the same untruths as your complaint. Now i'm stuck paying a $4000.00 loan for something I will never do anything with. The "advisor" never mentioned that you only have 3 days to cancel.

Once I recieved the study guides in the mail about 6 weeks later, I realized that this was just not worth the amount of money that I'm paying. I then called The College Network to find out what I have to do to get out of this and was told by the representative that I can withdraw from the program but was still obligated to pay the $4000.00 back to the loan company, or I could buy out of the loan for about $2600.00 and return the study manuals.

To make matters worse, about a year later The College Network sends me a letter stating that they made a mistake and forgot to charge sales tax for my order and that I owe them an additional $325.00.

If there ever is a class action suite against this company I'd like to be involved.

• St
    Stover Dec 11, 2008

I agree 100% the College Network is scam. I was suckered into 7, 000.00 and was told several untruths . I set down with the advisor and was never told either that 3 days was all that I had. The college netowork authorized on their own for money to come out of my checking account causing my account to be 250.00 overdrawn, I never gave anyone permission to due so . After getting sick and have surgery I could no longer work, they did not care they said that there was nothing that they could do and that I was stuck paying for materials that I have not used and and for all the exam fees that go with it.

I also agree if there is ever a class action suite against this company I would definately be involved

• Ni
    Nikki Dec 21, 2008

I met with a rep/ salesman about their program. She lied during the whole process. Not only did she lie once but three different times. I found out that The College network has 167 complaints with the BBB in their state. TCN is a publishing company only. There is a credit agency that works with TCN by the name of American Credit Exchange. They are in the same building and they are a part of TCN. A man by the name of Gary Eyler has posted something on this site, well he is the principal for TCN. I am in the process of doing more research into TCN but i am going to start with the Commission of colleges and schools in my region. I will also contact the Department of Education in Washington, DC. I am going to file a complaint with TCN and i will mail the complaint to all the agency's listed and some that are not. Too numerous to name. I would suggest that everyone else do the same.

• File a complaint with the Federal Trade commission, The Atty General in your state, The BBB, The National Fraud Hotline and the US Department of Education. When you file the complaint you need to tell them that the Southeast Federal credit Union is also a part of TCN. The credit reporting agency called American Exchange credit is owned by Gary Eyler and so is TCN. Excelsior College has been banned from Virginia, maryland and California. In Georgia you can not participate in clinicals. All together they have stipualtions against them in 13 states.

• Lo
    lovelylvn Jan 26, 2009

I am so angry that i got suckered into this stupid "college network"... i was NEVER told by the advisor that i had 3 days to cancel either. I also NEVER authorized automatic payments from my checking account. The advisor said that during the nursing program with indiana state university that clinicals would be held in a hospital of my choice...he said "We work with all hospitals in the SF bay area..." I later phoned a Kaiser hospital near my house to confirm that they allow clinicals to be held there by this program, Kaiser stated they have never allowed TCN students to have clinicals there. I even called a Sutter Health hospital and got the same story...
    I was fed a LOT of BS!!! Now i'm stuck paying off this stupid loan...

I too got sick. I got diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and was deemed unable to continue working. I called the company to see if they could suspend payments and the lady wasnt even sympathetic... she kept saying "All i can do for you is lower your payment for 6 months, THAT's ALL." The so-called "lower payment" was only $40 less.

I also agree that if there is a class action suit against this company i would be involved...

• Kc
    kcntx2001 Feb 04, 2009

File complaints with the FTC. The more that find there way to the investigators desk the quicker they will take action against them. Several Scam Schools such as this were just shut down in Dallas Texas.

• Ca
    cara Mar 10, 2009

You people just need to read ### before you sign it. I have looked over all of the information provided to me and it absolutely says that you have 3 days to cancel. In addition, the rep told me that I had three days to cancel. All I can say is READ READ READ before you sign anything.

The College Network May 04, 2009

All,

Cara is correct. As an employee of TCN, I can state that The College Network puts everything in writing. The 3 day cancellation policy is stated in bold print on the purchase agreement and the form titled "loan application" clearly states that you are signing for a loan as well as authorizing automatic draft. Everything about this program is completely legitimate.

Many of the complaints or allegations that I see posted on this site are a direct result of a failure to read the paperwork. I would be more than happy to answer any questions or assist people with their concerns on an individual basis. You may contact me at [protected]@college-net.com or contact the manager of our Customer Care Unit. Her name is Heather and she can be reached at [protected].

maloi26 Aug 10, 2017

@The College Network I get the paperwork should be looked over. But the sales person gives a different impression. They also do not tell you you will receive a 2014 study guide for a 2017 exam. So your paying money for a study guide that will just take up space. If the College Network is an amazing company they would not leave this important information out! They take advantage of the consumer and leave this information out. Then an advisor calls you the 1st couple of months so that you think they actually care about your schooling. Just wait for it...by the time you get to the last exam before the CPNE their information is not as helpful as it was for the previous exams. By this time you feel like they have backed you. I failed my exam with no one reaching out. I never received an advisor call after that. I didn't receive my study materials for the CPNE either. I stopped payment and I received a call so quickly. They said "we are sorry, your rep quit." One lady told me that I was completely right for stopping payment. All the sudden I receive study material in the mail...it was 3 years old. They received their payment every month until they broke their contract...
    Then I received calls and emails. The rep that initially called me was very convincing. She told me that when I was completed with school my payments would be completed. Yes Rick you are correct the contract did not say that. I should have read that. But if the company you work for is so amazing they should tell the truth! Not take advantage of students of Excelsior's because they don't know how to get started.

The College Network May 05, 2009

Dear Mrs. Hopkins,

After reviewing you file, I see that you have not contacted Academic Support regarding your dissatisfaction with our products/services. I have forwarded your complaint to our Customer Care Unit so that they may address your questions and concerns.

I am not trying to turn the situation around by referring you to the paperwork. I am merely trying to assist in answering your questions and clearing up any confusion. It is not our intent to confuse or mislead people into becoming customers and that is why we put all the information in writing. We want our customers to be informed. Afterall, this is your education we are talking about.

I have forwarded your complaint to our CCU. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Academic Support.

• Ki
    Kirk May 12, 2009

$4800 charge to my credit card. Who are these people and how do we find them and drive a stake thru their heart?

The College Network Jun 02, 2009

Kirk,

I am unable to locate you as a customer, but would be more than happy to address your concerns. Please provide me with more information so that I may have someone contact you or call [protected] and ask to speak to someone from the Customer Care Unit.

• Cm
    cmaye24 Jun 18, 2009

The College Network is the biggest scam ever. I never even used anything they sent because the state of Ga won't give you a license if you went through them. Thats crazy cause the guy that came to my house in GA never told me that. Now I have a Lawyer calling me about the payment. I refuse to pay and now they are going to take money out of my checks because they suck. I am just trying to pay my bills and not lose my house and now I will lose my house cause of them. So I hope they are proud of themselfs for making my 9 year old homeless. You are the biggest A$$E$ I have ever met.

The College Network Jun 18, 2009

Christina,

Our records indicate that at the time you signed up (01/09/08) the Excelsior ASN program was accepted in the state of Georgia. We do not sign people up to programs unless they are eligible and we do not sign people up for programs that are not approved by their state of residence. Though Georgia briefly stopped recognizing Excelsior's ASN program, there has been a recent reversal of that decision, and the program is again being accepted. Please contact Academic Support at [protected] for complete details.

As of this date, we have shipped you materials, completed your guidance call, and your preliminary course analysis for your program. Also as of this date, you have not made a single payment.

If you would like assistance in restarting your program, please contact us at the number above.

shante Jul 21, 2009

The College Network is ### and I want my dam money back, who the hell do you people think you are if a person decides they don't want to affiliate with TCn anymore they shouldn't have to pay and your materials suck. I have a lawyer and i also filed a complaint with the FTC. How can you give a person 3 days to cancel when we don't even recieve the material for a week. I wish I never signed up for this bull ###. If i was in Indiana I would come blow that mother###er up.

shante Jul 21, 2009

O if anybody else feel how I do please lets get together and take a stand against these crooks. [protected]

• Wa
    wapitnutusa Jul 21, 2009

Shante, if they showed you the manuals before you signed the contract, they would never get one signed... No one would sign up for this program.

• Nu
    nursecook Jul 29, 2009

I feel cheated and scammed as well. When I spoke with the advisor I told her I was currently enrolled in college as I need to take 6 units every 6 months to defer my student loans. She told me that this is not a problem and that whatever courses I complete at my local college would just be removed from the college network program and I would not be charged for them. She signed me up for all of the needed courses (charged me for all of them!) and told me that the college network would review my transcripts and remove any duplicate courses. Once my transcripts were reviewed they extra charges would fall off my account. This never happened! I was also told that my transcripts would be reviewed periodically and adjustments would be made to account for the classes I would complete in the future. I have spoken to customer service several times about this and all I get is the run around!

I have been paying for this worthless course for over a year now. I only have one book, and will not accept any future shipments. The material is very poor quality, in fact its about on par with my little sisters 5th grade text books. I will be calling tomorrow to cancel the automatic draft from my checking account and I am looking into hiring an attorney. Some may say that we signed up for a loan, just like an auto loan or a home loan, but they are wrong. When you buy a house or a car you receive the items! I am not receiving an education from this program and I want out!

• Tc
    tcns worthless Aug 12, 2009

I agree! This is nothing but a scam! I have never heard anythign good about this ### place! United we should all stand and get this place shut down!

• Up
    upsetinvirginia Aug 13, 2009

I am so glad that I looked into this website. I was almost scammed by RUE another organization that provide materials and state that they are affiliated with Excelsior college. I contacted the school directly who states that these places only offer testing materials. Yes, I looked at a lot of the comments that say that people should READ READ READ but your reps are terribly misleading. One of the reps that I noted had a complaint on several websites and I am glad to see this up front before this man comes to my home. I was almost scammed with RUE, three of my coworkers were. I just so happened to get out of it because many of the classes that I was do to start were not available. Thank God I was spared but I sympathize with all of you with these horrible stories. If enough people complain on these unasavory practices, they will be investigated no matter how these people sit and try to say that they are right. Many of these people are misleading in their approaches, maybe not all but the majority. In the end you reap what you sow. All of the people who you know you are scamming something will come back to you. REMEMBER THAT!!!

shante Aug 14, 2009

this company should be stopped they have swayed hundreds of people for thousands of dollars the materials are not that good. And they lied about some of the schools they have contracts with.

• Co
    corr Aug 20, 2009

Their ISU program is a fraud. It takes 3 years alone to get out of phase 3 they advertise 18 months for the completion of the program but later after enrolling you find out the truth. I hear the school in Texas pulled out from doing business with TCN because of their shady business and all the bad press. Everyone keep exposing them for the liars they are.

noluv4em Aug 24, 2009

I sympathize with all posted comments! I have lost $3000 plus this scam about additional $240 for Taxes. I paid to save my credit. Im praying that God will give justice to us all for a total ridiculous company that should not even be in business. They even had the nerve to tell me that I couldnt apply the money to other affiliated nursing programs just to programs they want me to go. Give run arounds and lie. Im sorry that I and others fell into this. I want justice and repayment. If there is any lawsuit against CN please send me an [protected]@hotmail.com so I can participate.

• La
    laura hill Sep 01, 2009

I had a different experience with The College Network. The representative that signed me explained the financial part to me, I didn't have a problem with that. He even said that they were not affiliated with Excelsior and I would have to apply with them too. I made the mistake of not looking into Excelsior more. If I would have done that I would have realized that the TCN books would not be sufficient. The TCN representative said that to pass the tests all I would need would be the study guides and the Med/Surg book that I already had. I had a hard time reading the information in the TCN books. It didn't follow the Excelsior outlines at all. I ended up spending $600 on more books. Chancellor's has a great program that helps students with the Excelsior program. Their guidebooks were so much easier to read. I found that there was just so much information not in the TCN books it made it difficult to pass the tests. I did not have any problems with Excelsior at all. Had no problems getting into a clinical site either. It was very difficult but convenient for my situation. Wish I hadn't of spent the money on TCN though. Very much a waste.

• Me
    meme/mississipi Sep 15, 2009

i agree 150% these people are nothing but con-artist. I have been payin since june of 2007 and havent recieved not one module except the one the field representative gave me when i signed that ### contract. He did not give me time to think it over he just bullied me into signing the papers. NEVER telling me that i had 3 days to cancel. Called them in regards my other modules (even though i am not going through the rip off network) i still want my stuff i have paid for. College network told me i have to start paying excelsior college to get my next module-### i want my stuff now have reported them better business bureau and i am all for a class action lawsuit so lead the way

• Da
    Danetta Kerns Sep 17, 2009

I totally agree with you! I am having problems with them right now, but I am not giving up! I am not going to to be pushed around by these people.

• Cl
    CLARITY JONES Oct 05, 2009

In winter of 2003 I purchased 7 books from The College Network in the amount of $2300.00. The balance was paid in full in the spring of 2005. In the summer of 2008 I received a letter from The College Network that they failed to charge Texas sales tax on the purchase which is in the amount of $200.00, and state that I owe them this amount. I called them to dispute this matter and spoke with an associate named Mina. He stated that he would note this dispute but they would still send letters and make phone calls requesting the money. In November, I received a phone call from American Credit Exchange, which is a debt collection agency attempting to collect on behalf of The College Network. I called back and disputed. On November 10th I received a letter from American Credit Exchange stating that I had 30 days to dispute the collection verbally or by letter. I received another call from American Credit Exchange and again, disputed the "debt". At that time I told the associate that I considered their phone calls and letters harassment. This is an attempt by a merchant to collect money from a consumer 4 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS AFTER A complete transaction. Bottom Line: TCN depends on your trust to initiate their plan. Conscience and ethics are not factors. In order to combat them you must REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, AND YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. (Takes 30 minutes total for all three) ALSO IF THEY HAVE TURNED YOU IN TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. THEY OWN THIS COLLECTION AGENCY. SEND THEM A CEASE AND DESIST LETTER. (find the format from google)Don't listen to their REP RICK. He does not care about your feelings. He is a sack of ### with a keyboard. He will type anything to dilute, attenuate, or downplay your situation. This company depends on you to give up, misread, and trust them to survive. THE WORST MISTAKE YOU CAN MAKE IS TO REASON WITH THEM. THEY DO NOT CARE. UTILIZE THE THREE FREE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO YOU AND THEY WILL LEAVE YOU ALONE. TRUST ME, IT WORKS, I SURVIVED. I mean c'mon charging retro tax almost five years after a transaction. How sad are you TCN. Rick the talking turd will say anything because he's not a real person. He attempts retorts on rip-off also. PLEASE GO AWAY RICK. I am certain that Rick will compose some sort of response to this that will have a serene, "I misunderstood" tone to it. This is his job. If you are out there, you have ethics on your side. I wish you all the best. Except rick.

• Dj
    dj-lpn Oct 11, 2009

If you want legit learning experience thats honestly affiliated and approved by Excelsior go to www.istudysmart.com they are a hell of a lot cheaper and are endorsed by Excelsior for online learning. You can pay by the class or pay in one lump sum and get access to unlimited classes for 2 yrs. This is a much better option and cheaper definitely.

DJ LPN

• All the college network cares about is getting money thats why they only give you 3 DAYS to cancel.

• We
    west Feb 04, 2010

The College Network Reps definitely need to know the rules and regulations of TNC. My wife was told that she could get out of her classes if she decided to take her first class and she couldn't do it. The rep said it would be "no problem". Well, she decided that she would feel more comfortable in an actual classroom setting so we called to cancel. "Well, there is a 4 class minimum that you have to take." the rep told us. He then gave us a 1-800 number to call. The academic advisers informed us that we had to pay back the entire loan! Who is lying to us???? We have been told 3 different things! So, just be aware of all of the fine print and don't let your rep come in and sale you this college. Take your time. Also, always check out the BBB website. Don't make the same mistake we did. Hopefully we can settle this dispute, I just don't want to pay $8, 000 for 1 class!

I HAVE STARTED A FACEBOOK PAGE CALLED THE COLLEGE NETWORK - BEWARE. BECOME A FAN AND POST YOUR STORIES! WE NEED EVERYONE TO SEE THESE!!! THE FACEBOOK PAGE CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-College-Network-BEWARE/285853579603?ref=ts&v=wall

• Il
    Ilwill Feb 20, 2010

I was told that the college network actually enrolled me into excelsior college when in fact they don't. These pathetic excuses for human beings walk into your home, lie to you and attempt to bind you into a financial agreement based on these lies. I was direct during my "recorded" - guidance call which I suppose they may attempt to use against you. I told them that I had been online and read a lot of your complaints. The majority of you are so angry that you don't communicate. I mean really, what good does your profane babble do when the point of your issue is lost?
    This is strictly for you who are thinking of signing on with the college network. If you want a degree, college credit etc. the college network has no resources of their own to provide them. They are not even affiliated with excelsior who discouraged association with them when I called contrary to what I was told.
    What does the college network do if they can't provide you with college credit or transferable courses to accredited colleges. Ask them. I was told academic support. That's it. They are not NCLEX or CLEP nor do they administer these tests or any online class toward your degree. They provide study guides. That's it that's all. I've yet to meet a thousand dollar book that I wanted to buy that comes with pests that'll harass you if you change your mind or as in most cases, the truth is presented. I want my degree without obstacles, if you are on your way to that goal make sure that your resources provide what they claim because, yes they will come into your home and misrepresent the paperwork you sign and claim that you should read what you sign.

• Je
    jeannie j5150 Mar 04, 2010

I also got signed up for this scam, before checking them out. i plan on filing a complaint. An "advisor" also came and LIED to me, never went over the cancellation policy and tried to tell me they were part of several colleges. THEY R NOT GETTING ANOTHER DIME OFF OF ME!!! They can shove their stupid binders where the sun dont shine. Im getting a lawyer. SO TCN DONT BOTHER CALLING ME!!!

• Dc
    Dcharron Mar 07, 2010

I got screwed by the college network also. It is a scam, and if you are thinking about taking courses with them... DON'T! They don't care about people. They have a friggin answer for everything you say. I am wasting my money on this bull and I am sick of it.

• Su
    susyn Apr 19, 2010

I went with the TCN lpn To Rn with ISU. I got diagnosed with an immune disorder after it was paid for. I simply wanted to exchange programs, nursing for a business degree both 4 year. I spent an hour on the friggin chat with some halfwit that just kept putting me on hold. Really, all paid for, didn't want to swap out 100 percent, just basically exchange some of the science and nursing (still unused) for the business courses and transfer the business degree. Told me I would have to fork over another 14, 000 dollars. At this point I am just throwing good money after bad. If anyone gets a class action against them, feel free to call on me. They don't care about you, don't care that you may have some life issues and frankly the guides are a peice of you know what. Any test I did take, I had to suppliment with additional texts on the subject. That, and the "missing CD's from the now useless A&P never got sent to me. Still a bit fummed about that, made something like 7 calls to them about it. My friend got hers, why didn't I get mine. They just don't have ANY customer satisfaction at this place. It's a big mistake, word does get around, you burn someone in one place and they will make it their lifes mission to tell EVERYONE not to use a place like this. I know I will, every nurse I run into, and its alot, for the last two years, I have told specifically not to use this program because there is no customer support for issues. I paid my loan, paid my tab and simply wanted to swap out the printed text for the business courses offered, this was cheap for TCN, a no-brainer, they charge a RIDICULOUS amount of money for what they are giving you, this would not have killed them. Didn't even need a new binder, just the friggin pages so that I could have salvaged something, Really Rick, tell me you can fix this one.

mommie54321 Sep 13, 2010

I was sued by tnc but I won I proved it was a scam!!!

mommie54321 Sep 13, 2010

I was sued by TCN but I won I proved it was a scam!!!

mommie54321 Sep 13, 2010

PLEASE FIGHT BACK. GO TO LEGAL AID CONTACT THE BOARD OF NURSING IN YOUR STATE. THEY GIVE YOU THREE DAYS TO BACK OUT BECAUSE THEY SELL YOUR ACCOUNT ON THE FOURTH DAY. THEY GET PAID. PLEASE FIGHT BACK YOU CAN WIN.

• Va
    Valerie Taylor-Brown Sep 26, 2010

My Name is Valerie Taylor, I too am very angry with the College Net work because of misrepresentation. I don't know how I got suckere int this either. I am a single mom who can hardly make ends meet. I have been issued a jugement by the college net work, I am going through daily stress and fear of this situation not knowing what one day is going to bring from the next. I have never had to deal with anything like this before so I don't know how to approch it. I am so fearful even though I don't own anything that I am going to be place on the street with my children because of this situation. I am blood pressure medication trying to deal with the constant stress of this situation. I don't have money to obtain an attoney, I am getting papers from the sherriff's department that I don't understand. If there is anyone out there who understand this matter please contact me at [protected], I am getting so sick not knowing what to do. This is one of the biggest scam ever, and they will stop at nothing to extort money from the public. Someone ith power over these people needs to help us. anything which they explain to be so good is never true, and i know better, but the idea of graduating with a BSN in such a short time was very appealing. I will never be caught in such a deceitful trap ever again. College Network is manipulating the system because athey know that there is a shortage of nurse, and the schools have along waiting list.

• Je
    jennifer33 Oct 05, 2010

I was also told that my transcripts would be reviewed frequently. I have paid in full and not done one test yet. I do not know what the point is on paying them for materials that are less thru the Excelisor College who we have to sign up with to pay anyway. Really frustrating and not as easy as the rep indicated. Why after a year did they finally send me a letter asking for another $3000. to complete my requirements. I reviewed my DAR report thru ISU already and only need half the classes they are stating. I absolutly be part of any Class Action Suit. I read and keep everything.
    [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ka
    Kahn_ Nov 08, 2010

The College Network is a scam, no if's ands or buts about it. I wouldn't be surprised if this was run by the same people who run "Direct Buy" or even the Nigerian 419 money order scams. I met with of their advisers and the first red flag was that he wanted to talk more about the financing than the nursing program. Second BIG red flag, I had to apply for financing **BEFORE** I could find out what credits transferred. 3rd red flag, they ALL the money up front. I've never seen a college that wants money up front and doesn't have a way for you to pay as you go. 4th red flag, I got to look at a "sample" of a "textbook, " it was nothing more than photocopies inside a 3 ring binder and it was a quite anemic for a nursing course. Oh yea, I spotted errors on the first page I viewed.

Do yourself a favor and don't fall for this, apply and go through Excelsior college directly and leave "The College Network" in the dust.