TGI Fridaysbogus charges/fraud

For those that missed the whole story:

I visited TGI Friday's in Amherst, NH yesterday with a group of residents from the nursing home I work at. Including staff, there were 9 of us total. We asked that the bill be split so each person would have their own check, which was done. Each person paid in cash except for myself, who paid with a debit card. My card was charged 3 times!! Twice for the exact amount of my meal, and once again for the entire table (so I paid for my meal 3 times and then paid a second time for each person who paid in cash).

I called and spoke with the manager, Aundra, who said she would fix it by 4:00am when the checks finalized for the day. It was not fixed so after speaking with my bank, I called TGI Friday's again and spoke to another manager, Tim. He told me they couldn't do anything about it until Tuesday when the checks close for the week. That is almost an entire week that I don't have the money to pay bills with. My original bill was for $25.23 (which is incorrect because nobody at the table ordered nor drank an iced tea and Mary, the waitress, agreed to remove the $2.99 charge and then "forgot" to do so). I was charged $25.23, $25.23 again, and $155.58.

$180.81 was paid in cash, along with several tips added to that. I tried to call corporate after the managers in Amherst were not much help - but their recording says to contact them on their website, even though their office is open Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm. There was no option that I could find to talk to a live person.

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any restaurant! It was my first - AND NOW MY LAST - time ever going to a TGI Fridays.

Feel free to share this, so nobody else has to go through the same experience

St
Oct 10, 2019

Comments

•   Oct 10, 2019

I’d go in person and demand a refund.

• St
      Oct 10, 2019

@SubSquirrel I would - but it’s an hour and a half drive each way and with my work hours it’s not as easy trip for me to make! Unfortunately...