Texas Roadhousehigh chair with high top table

N Jun 29, 2019 Review updated:

We requested a tables for three and a high chair; they sat us at a high top table after I told them for the second time we needed a high chair. The server assured me it was a higher high chair so it would be fine for the table. However the high chairs buckle was broken and did not slide up fully to the table. We brought up the buckle was broken and was brushed off. We asked for another high chair, never received it. Our little one dropped two cups of tea from trying to place it back on the table and not being able to reach it. My shoes are soaked, still no new high chair so our little tries to stand in the high chair because she is not buckled. When brought up to two managers one had an attitude and the other said she would see what she could do. Neither apologized for the buckle being broken or the fact that our little couldn't reach the table. The server brought us a third tea and made the statement to move it so she doesn't knock it over. Finally I had to sit her beside of me to be able to actually eat my dinner. So many safety concerns with the high chairs buckle being broken and it being a higher than normal high chair. I'm not pleased with how management handled the situation. We truly enjoy Texas Roadhouse and the food was good but the experience was terrible.

• Um is not an answer! Jun 29, 2019

You could have refused to sit there and wait until a regular table or booth opened up.

The sad thing about higher high chairs is that if something happens, your child will pummel further than a regular high chair.

Ok, so it sounds like your child is an older baby, able to stand up, which is a problem for me. The buckle is to help with safety of a baby not a toddler who wants to mess about and be naughty. So the fact that you are trying to place your soaking shoes on the establishment when you could have refused the table and your child is obviously not ready for a sit down establishment shows us where the real problem is. Not the establishment.

Why is she having what I hope is iced tea? No sippy cup? My sister always brought her own sippy cups for my nieces and she would just fill them up with the purchased drink.

So after this you just sat her beside you??? What??? If she was standing up in the baby highchair what made you think you'd have better control over her in a high chair for adults?

Lemme guess. If something were to happen to her you would have not only sued the establishment but also faked a GoFundMe page for the incident.

• SubSquirrel Jun 29, 2019

You didn’t watch her carefully and she spilled tea. That’s your fault for ignoring your child. Most restaurants have sippy cups if you ask for them. For toddlers, not children who can stand up in a high chair and possibly fall over. If a high chair wasn’t available or had a broken belt, I’d have asked to borrow a belt from an employee. Simply state you want to stay and eat so need a belt for safety . Otherwise, my child could be hurt and a lawsuit against the restaurant would happen.

But I’d go elsewhere rather than putting my child at risk. Then again, if I were going out with a child, I’d call and reserve a high chair first. If unavailable for any reason, I’d go elsewhere or get takeout food.

A child’s safety is more important than filling your face with food.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

@SubSquirrel My sister has two young daughters. At one point they both had these little booster seats at home. They clipped to the chair and then clipped the child into it. They were also relatively light weight and transportable.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

@Um is not an answer! ... that could have been an option if this parent wasn't insisting in being accommodated 1million%.

• SubSquirrel Jul 01, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Your sister has brains. Most people have seats to take along as some restaurants don’t accommodate children.

• Um is not an answer! Jul 01, 2019

@SubSquirrel Good training from home and better training from the military.