Having problems with Putco?

+27 839 194 287 (Customer Service)
+27 873 546 000 (Larimar)
+27 873 546 300 (Pennyville, Roodepoort)
+27 873 546 600 (Pretoria North)
+27 873 546 500 (Hercules)
+27 120 031 913 (Soshanguve)
+27 119 451 044 (Johannesburg)
Linbro Business Park, 32 Milky Way
Sandton
South Africa - 2090
Postal Address
Private Bag X3, Wendywood, 2144

Complaints & Reviews

Buses not reporting for duty

I am based in Soweto Dobson'ville. Ever since the outbreak of the Covid19 Virus Putco has not made many communication via their website (which is total Garbage and never updated)to update us as to how this is going to affect us as their clients. Buses are available in the morning but After 7:00am it is a total nightmare. The sad thing is that i have to return home with a minibus yet i have trips loaded in my tag. Your client service consultants are extremely rude and hardly ever answer their phones. People need to boycott your nonsense because we go through the most inhuman conditions in your buses, Winter is coming and one thing for sure we will have open umbrellas because your buses leak, your windows and doors do not function in some buses. Thank God ReaVaya is expanding their service at least some of us can jump ship from your NONSENSE BUS SERVICE!!! MATLAKALA FELA PUTCO!! I will also forward this review to Check Point etv!! You need to be investigated.

bus

On friday the 25th January 2019 at 19:30, i was turning left at a green traffic light onto swartkopoies road...

Johannesburg Public Transportation

safety

This morning of 14 jan 2019 at about 08:19 was this putco bus with registration plate kdk 276 gp turning into...

service delivery

A bus was booked on the 3rd Oct for the 6th Oct. The agreed time was 08:00 for Pick up in Soweto at a Day Care trip to Pretoria Zoo..

The bus arrived at 10:30 with no apology given and now it's time to leave the bus driver just advised that the bus is broken and there is no mechanic. The kids are frustrated and the driver is telling us that the mechanic is in Brits. It's 18:01 and we're still waiting.

This is totally unacceptable and [censored]...
PUTCO IS USELESS IS SUCKS AT SERVICE DELIVERY.

[protected].

Disgusting attitude poor business value

I’m querying about the poor service I’ve received from your company on the 20 June 2014 at Putco...

Bad Driving

Traffic lights not working around 16:00 in Pretoria on the corner of Hans Strijdom and Delfi Streets.
Everyone else treating the busy intersection like a four-way stop and waiting their turn before proceding.
Not Mr. Important Putco Bus Driver! No he couldn't be bothered whose turn it is next and just goes!
When trying to hoot at him he just gave me the finger as if to say "to hell with you, I'm going!"
These Putco buses and their rotten drivers are a well-known, general problem to motorists in Gauteng! And Putco doesn't seem to do a thing about their reckless driving habits and buses not fit to be on the road!

• Re
    Reoagile May 13, 2016

Good day. On the 12th of May time 4h48pm at the intersection between malibongwe drive and witkoppen road I found 2 Putco busses acting like taxi drivers on the road. We were all waiting patiently at the robot to indicate whether we can turn or not and we were all on the turn right only lane. 2 putco bus drivers carrying a bus full of innocent lives decided to jump everyone in the queue to turn before all of us because we seem like idiots waiting for the robot to turn green. They also created lots of traffic for the drivers going straight. I didnt get details of the 1st driver but the second bus driver registration no is dkr255gp and bus no 5553. I understand we all in a rush to get home but that doesn't give us an excuse to put lives in danger and I feel public bus drivers should know the rules of the road better than the rest of us. I have pictures to give you a good idea of what happend. Your drivers are responsible for many peoples lives. Can they not contribute to the carnage on the roads that is taking away our loved ones.

• Mi
    Michael 68 Jun 12, 2017

Bus 5882G nearly drove into my caron the Carr Street on ramp . Please phone me 0832612921

• Ms
    MsJ01 Feb 04, 2019

On 1st Feb one of your driver Phillip Ngobeni hit my car from the back and damaged it.. aparently on N12 oframp on top of the bridge he claims his bus skid.. Your company bus bumped me so hard the bumper was totally off.. My question is when your driver arrived to port to park why the company does not follow up on this incidents.. Meaning your drivers can kill us and you won't care.. Putco must see to the reparing of my damaged car caused by your reckless driver a.s.a.p as this is utterly unacceptable and i will not tolerate being ignored.. You will follow up this matter fairly... My contacts are 0817650510.. I would appreciate a senior member to attend this matter urgently as i am still traumatised by this incident.

safety

Hi all

Pedestrian safety

I believe and know I have the corret solution.
Putco will the public support via this inovatiove hat...
My unique Hat 24/ 7 reflec light, all lite and is very, , , very affordable.
You decide, , I know it is your public and customer..

Very Best

j. Carl Herbst
[protected]
[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

Reckless driving

On 15 Mar 2012, ± 19:00, in bad light and rainy weather, Putco bus ZNX607GP, with no passengers, drove recklessly. On the R21 towards Pretoria, this bus did not turn at the intersection towards Monument Park because there was a lot of traffic waiting to turn right. Instead, at the next robots, where traffic can not turn right, he took the lane meant for UNCOMING traffic to turn, and made a u-turn. He then drove the bus to the shopping centre in Monument Park where he left the bus, idling and EMPTY. I could have got into the bus and drove off, if I wanted to!

Accident

on the morning of 14 September my car was involved in an accident with a putco bus (my boyfriend was driving the car). He was overtaking a Putco bus which was stopping & all of a sudden the bus turned into the car & hit the rear left door & fender. My boyfriend stopped on the side of the road to try get the details of the bus driver but as he was trying to get out of the Door the Bus driver drove off. he. he managed to get the registration numbers CWG 272 GP. We went to the accident at the police station & the Putco Offices & we were told that they would investigate & were given the contact details of the Puto accident offices. After 2 days i called the offices to follow up & Spoke to Hermanus [protected], Hermanus requested an accident Report ( which was Provided) and said he would send it to their insurance. Hermanus called me & told me that the Driver reported that the car scratched him but why did he drive off & take 2 Weeks to report that. the next day Joel [Email Removed] From Carleo insurance( Putco's insurance) sent me an email saying that the claim was repudiated as they were told that The car Scratched the bus. Putco is taking advantage & that is not fair.

• Si
    Sikhulile S Kay Msibi May 31, 2016

On the 31 May 2016 my car was hit on the review mirror by the drivers side on the corner of Bryston and Randburg. That day I made a uturn, then I realised that the Putco driver was intentionally speed in up trying to hit the rear of my car and getting onto my lane, so I also sped up. As I pull over to the traffic lights he profusely honks at me and swears at me, but I did not engage.when the traffic light turned green he intentionally swerved into my lane and took off my review mirror. I have tried calling all the customer care and managerial numbers of PUTCO but none of them go through. This is absolute Bullcrap an this company should not be allowed to function the way they are!!!

no buses

Good day to you i will like to know or find out if the will ever be buses from Baragwath Soweto to the East Rand or Galleria as there is a lot of us coming from the south to the east where we would very much appreciate a putco bus as it is affordable to all and is a safe journery for the majority please would like a reponse as soon as possble as we are approching winter and we leave home earlier and are never on time at work or home please assist in this matter mbali

Pregnant fell on bus due to reckless driving

I stood up as I was not far from my destination- Wonderboom Junction.The bus driver then made a sudden turn, which made me loose balance and fall very hard on the bus floor.I fell on my back, and that injured my back and I also had pains on my lower abdomen.I went to the Dr as i was 7 months pregnant and was worried about the well-being of my baby.The Dr did a check up, but could not take X-ray because I was heavily pregnant at the time.He could only prescribe pain killers at the time.On the same day, I called Putco and Spoke to Mr Koos Molebatsi who handles innjuries and Accidents and told me that I should come to the Depot Personally.I went there on three occcasion but could not find him.I was told he went to meetings.I left my numbers for him to callme back but I got no response.I called again and I was given a ref no 450250 to call [protected] and speak to Mr Sono who told me to call after 2 weeks.After 2 weeks Mr Sono said I must take the same ref no to RAF to claim. At RAF, they could not identify the ref No.When I called Mr Sono again he could not see my file and promised to call.i am still waiting even today.

verbally violeted by passengers

On the 05/08/2010 I boarded a bus which looked full as 10 passengers were standing. I later heard a driver talking to someone that he did not know what we were afraid of as there were lots of seats at the back, only thing is the wild, rude group of adults misbehaving.
I then decided to check and I did find a sit just within them. I found a group of 7 scattered all over 16 sits, deliberately making it impossible for anybody needing a sit to use it. They screamed, commenting about my courage to sit, and testing my limits to actually see if I could stand their nonsense. They deliberately more than once tried picking a fight with me, i chose to be quiet because the driver was ignoring everything happening, the noise, and all the childish acts did not seem to bother the driver. I could have fought back and created a huge fight on something that the bus operator had an authority to put a stop to. I've never been so humiliated in my life, it was offensive. My question was if there is a greater passenger and a lesser. It's unfortunate that i did not get value for my money ridding on bus from hell. I insist on the fact that the driver should not have condoned it
The bus number:9454

• Ph
    phumy Jul 13, 2018

i want to report a drive from the surname of the driver is Mashiane drive from Boekenhouthoek bus number is 5915 every time we arrive late at work because of him he always come with a empty bus with no diesel we have to take another bus to get to Pretoria an he does not bother him self to help us to catch another bus he just do a phone telling his friends to come an take other parts of the bus we are tired to be late every time at work because when we talk he used verbal words to us, we cant afford to get fired at work because of him we have family to look after.this drive is rude

Terrible drivers

On the 19th April at 6:00pm my mother and i went to drop one of her colleuges of at home, it was raining terribly that night. We were on the corner of Soutpansberg Dr & C.R Swart in Pretoria. The robot was red and a Putco bus smashed in to the back of us. The bus skided 54 meters before hitting us with such a major force that we hit the car in front of us and both my mother and i knocked unconcience. I was 7 months pregnant and went into premature labour the next day. We went to my doctor, when he did a sonar to check if the baby was distressed we saw that my baby's heart had stoped dues to the intense stress my body was in. I gave natural birth to my little boy on the 21st April. My mother suffered from facial injuries and now needs to undergo reconstruction for her nose. I lost my baby because the driver was driving to fast. On the scene of the accident my father went to speak to the driver to find out what had happened, the driver turned to my dad and laughed in his face. I'M DISGUSTED, HEARTBROKEN AND ANGRY!!!

DANGEROUS DRIVING

On Friday 12 February we were on the M1 South near the Houghton off ramp. We noticed a bus driving dangerously close to a mercedes in the fast land - it was peak hour traffic. The bus kept getting closer and when the other driver wouldnt pull over (they couldnt) he swerved into our land behind us. If our driver hadnt accelerated the bus would have clipped our vehicle probably causing us to spin. We shouted at him and waved frantically and he pulled back into the fast lane - immediately driving close behind the car in front of him. It was moving at a faster pace so he started to overtake us (we were in the middle lane) as he did so, he swerved his bus towards our car forcing our driver to swerve a little towards vehicles in the slow lane. His driving was erratic, aggressive and extremely dangerous and he was carrying passengers. Had he made contact with our vehicle or one of the ones he seemed to be chasing, a very nasty accident might have ensued!
The registration number of the bus was WWM 379 GP; the bus was 9415G and the time of the incident was 18.09pm Friday 12th Feb 2010
This guy should have his licence rescinded and given a hefty fine and never permitted to carry passengers ever again!!! Or drive!!!

• Ta
    Tanya Mackie Feb 16, 2010

I experienced exactly the same with a Putco bus on Monday 15th Feb 2010 at around 08h15 just before the Rivonia turnoff, I was not able to get the registration number etc as I was trying not to be hit by him. Putco buss drivers are a law unto themselves, they think that because their busses are bigger than cars we must move for them. Secondly this driver was travelling at a speed in excess of 120km, crossing lanes without indicating and having a total disregard for the rules of the road.

• Do
    Donne Muller 1 May 26, 2010

• Hp
    H Prinsloo Sep 12, 2010

This photo was taken from my vehicle whilst sitting in the traffic on Friday afternoon in Jean ave. in Centurion.
    This Putco bus driver decided that he would not tollerate the traffic and decided to over take us all on the right side of the road against up coming traffic. If we want to lead SA this way we all will be ending up in our graves.
    Hennie Prinsloo

DEFECTIVE MADE in CHINA

THIS Company has a history of DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT and their quality and service is substandard FOR YOUR...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices