Telkom SA SOCtelkom / openserve fibre

Hi All

I live in a complex (Equestria Estate) and fibre was implemented.

I have/had a 10mb/s line for R649 per month. Account number: ND24714903

Telkom provided services of NuDebt to render R1799.17 from me. Ref: [protected]

(1) Was never consulted why, what is the problem since Telkom has all my detail, I have had many accounts with them over the years my cell number and banking details email address you name it.

(2) Never received a invoice of any kind (if so please provide proof) because the NuDebt letter seen to find my just fine. I have communicated as best I could. To day has no one phoned me in this regard ever to sort this out.

(3) Since I could not get anyone to assist me in this matter (no invoice) I stopped using any of the fibre service (Please feel free to check my records).

Sending letters and treating me to legal action? The consumer act protects me, I am the victim here. Telkom has has failed in its duties to contact me before I was handed over for legal action.

Andre Kruger
[protected]

NuDebt Letter:

7 WORKING DAYS NOTICE

KRUGER ANDRIES Kruger, we act on behalf of our client, Telkom SOC LTD, and have instructions to address this letter to you. You are currently indebted to Telkom Fixedline with R 1, 799.17 for telecommunication services, or any part thereof, rendered to you.

The material express, alternatively tacit, further alternatively implied terms of the agreement are inter alia as follows:

You accepted the granting of the account facility in that our client would defer, alternatively possibly defer payment of the invoice for 30 days from date of invoice and you accepted the terms and conditions of the said Agreement;

You will be liable towards 18% (Eighteen Percent) interest per annum as a penalty on the outstanding amount as from date of this letter.

Despite numerous reminders and demands sent to you regarding your account status, you have remained in default of the outstanding amount for a period exceeding 20 business days. Please note that this amount is now long overdue and you are hereby notified that payment is required within 5 WORKING/-BUSINESS DAYS no later than Friday, 3rd of November 2017. If the status of this account remains the same from date of this notification we will have no option but to proceed with legal action for the recovery of the outstanding debt.

Our client further instructs us that notwithstanding numerous written and telephonic requests for payment, you have failed, refused and/or neglected to comply with our client's requests for payment.

In light of the above we have instructions to instruct you, as we hereby do in terms of Section 129 of the National Credit Act No. 34 of 2005 ("the Act"), that you are hereby afforded 10 business days in which to refer the matter to a debt counsellor, alternatively dispute resolution agent, consumer court or ombudsman with jurisdiction with the intent of resolving the dispute or develop and agree on a plan to bring the payments under the agreement up to date.

Please note that should you fail, refuse and/or neglect to comply with or adhere to this letter of demand within the prescribed period of 10 business days or reject the proposal set out herein, we have instructions to issue summons against you to recoup all amounts due in terms of the agreement, as well as all legal costs in terms of the provisions of Section 130 of the Act.

Please note that this amount is now long overdue and you are hereby notified that should payment not be made within 5 WORKING/-BUSINESS DAYS no later than close of business on Friday, 3rd of November 2017, failing which our client will have no option but to proceed with legal action for the recovery of the outstanding debt.

Payments are to be effected directly into our trust account, the details of which are as follows:
Account Name: NuDebt Trust Account
Bank: ABSA
Branch code: 632005
Account Number: [protected]
Reference number: [protected]

For your convenience, you can make payments online: just click on https://www.easydebit.co.za/submit-request.html and follow the easy instructions or simply log on to our website www.nudebt.co.za to access your account and redeem rewards. You can also utilize your nearest Post Office to make payments using our reference number ND24714903

Please be advised that this letter constitutes our client's final request for payment.

In the interim, our client's rights remain reserved in toto.

Regards,