TelecheckDenied Check Due to No History

On Friday December 18th 2009, I attempted to pay one of my wholesale venders with a Company check as I have done every week for the last 5 years, nearly $500, 000 in checks written to this vendor in the time frame and never any issue EVER! On this morning I had the Check as I do every week to the cashier and she proceeded to process my order paperwork as normal, the check was for my purchases of $1702.00 she then run my check through a device which was a new step in the process and handed it back to me stating that it had been denied, I asked why she state that Telecheck services had denied it, I asked again for a reason and she stated she did not know, the system told her it was a CODE 3 denial and that if I wanted more information to call an 800 she handed me, she also stated that if your checks were denied that it was a new company policy that you would have to pay in cash in order to continue doing business with this company. I was floored, 5 years of perfect business transactions with this company and because of the Telecheck Denial I was now on the CASH ONLY BLACK LIST. I walked away and went to call Telecheck, once going through the digital screening process this company uses I got a human on the phone, gave "AMY" all the information I had just entered again. She asked me some personal identification questions and then proceed to state that the check had been denied, I stated that I was aware of this and wanted to know why, she then put me on hold for 4 minutes 41 seconds and came back and stated it was a code 3 denial, I again stated I know that, What is a Code 3 denial, again put on hold and she came back on within a minute and stated that I / My Company had no history with Telecheck therefore any merchant using there services would deny my checks. I asked what was meant by no history, your checks have never been presented to a merchant that used our service therefore your checks a deemed as a HIGH RISK, mind you I have written over 400 checks to this vender and never had any issues but NOW because of Telecheck I am a HIGH RISK CUSTOMER, I asked for a manager or superviser, typically was told that there were none available, asked again or for their Legal Dept. That got a response, I was told that if I wanted to talk to their legal Dept. I would have to write to a PO Box and wait for a response, I said if that is the case I wanted the address and a customer service or complaint address form anything, I was promptly told that I were considering legal action that I would never be able to cash a check again with any merchant, WRONG ANSWER, I immediately felt as if this was an attempt to threaten me, my company and to BLACK BALL ME in fear of the fact that I might proceed legally in pursuit of this issue. Needless to say after 48 minutes of RING AROUND THE ROSIE with this individual I hang up STEAMING and went back to the VENDOR asked for the Sales Manager that has handled our account for 5 years explained this whole ordeal to him, he called their finance mgr., explained the whole ordeal again, he thought it was interesting and on the sales managers word that I was a good customer and an honest individual with a long standing history with CARGO LARGO / Recovery Services, that they would make an exception and accept my check for the purchases. Fact of the matter is that I was so wound up, embaressed and Insulted by the whole situation that I walked out side and decided that if I were going to be treated by Cargo Largo / Telecheck Services like I had been that morning that I would just go home (284 miles) with an empty truck and not spend my money with a merchant that had been that insensative to a long standing and I hope valued customer. Bottom line is I am contacting our attorney to find out what avenues can be pursued in this matter. As for CARGO LARGO, I will continue to do business with them BUT IT WILL ONLY be after recieving a formal apology in person and in writing from someone in their management team. The fact that they would allow a long standing customer, in good standing be subjected to this much frustration by turning over control of their Brains to an outside service that KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THEIR customers makes me realize that there must be some REAL issues with the management of CARGO LARGO. I do want to thank the sales manager and finance manager for at least be sensible enough to look at this situation and make the offer that they did, non the less it is something that CARGO LARGO should have considered long before signing on with TELECHECK, I can promise you my company and retail outlet will never use thier services, because (1) I trust my customers that have done business with us and (2) I won't give control of the reputation of my company and that of my valued customers to some electronically controlled, robot managed service like TELECHECK. If I did I wouldn't expect to be in business very long. Just a side note, at the time tha check was presented the account that it was written on and was the same one I have used for every transaction with CARGO LARGO had a balance of $8755 available.
Again TELECHECK did not care about the BALANCE in the account only based their recommendation on the fact THAT I / MY COMPANY had no History with theirs.
My Name Is David Rietter, I own Usoldwhat! Enterprises in Centerville Iowa and can be reached by anyone who has productive information or is involved in any kind of Class Action against Telecheck that I can be of support to at [protected].

• Mi
    Militarywifemotherof6 Sep 24, 2014

Military wife and mother to six daughters. My checking account got hacked & my bank had to issue me a new bank card. I havent wrote a check in months so when I do it gets denied by Telecheck! We have more than enough funds in our account. We have never written a bad check ever. When I call Telecheck they tell me that I have to build a relationship with them? WTF! I couldnt write a check at Omalas grocery, Walmart to buy my children food! Telecheck needs to be booted to the curb! My husband is fightening for this country and as he does we get treated like this? Im ready to sue. [email protected]

• Ho
    Holly5023157328 May 12, 2011

I have a small business banking account, and have utilized my business debit card and checks for years. On 5/11/11 telecheck processing denied my debit card, and a check (both methods of payment). I phoned my bank to for shock of identity theft. They confirmed the correct good standing account balance. The bank also informed me to look for contact information on the denied receipts and to contact the third party processing company. I phoned telecheck, they "updated my information". The operator informed me that the information would be updated in their system in 5-7 business days, do not try to process again, it will still be denied. I then utilized a personal account to pay the vendor. I was on a business trip, the debit card was denied 3 additional times by different vendors. I phoned telecheck today to speak with supervision/manager to try to get this mistake made on their behalf more quickly remedied (because freezing my ability to pay vendors does not work & is nuts), and also to request a letter stating why my account was denied and could not be processed and the length of time this error is to occur. (This letter is needed to put with my receipts, in event I need to justify IRS records for co-mingling personal and business expenses, while my account remains frozen by this inefficient third party company that has complete power to block your funds, and no way to correct mistakes. ) The only way I have found to place complaint with Telecheck is to write a letter to a snail mail address. The fact that a processing company that is not my bank has the complete ability to block all types of funds and render your money useless for 1 week is outrageous. If anyone has suggestions on how to stop this company, please advise.

• Am
    Amanda Currin Jan 19, 2011

I hope you do sue them-they deserve it! I have a personal account that I have never had any trouble writing checks until I ran out of checks (I thought I had another book and didn't) so I had the bank print me a few checks til mine could come in the mail-the ones the bank printed they kept denying and after arguing with them twice was told the problem was fixed and I shouldn't have any further problems; the next day I did and went another rounder with them, not to get anything resolved. I am glad you have a brain and would never consider using them; if so many stores in my area did not use them I would boycott all the stores that did!