Tech Liquidatorsfraudulent descriptions

M

I have been buying auctions from Tech Liquidators for about a year. The first couple were very good but things have gone downhill consistently since then. The worst came from the Chino Ca. distributer.
What is happing is obvious fraud or theft. I have received multiple auctions with boxes tagged with the items listed on the manifest but containing a non-functioning different product or missing the core item. Many in original manufacture boxes, clearly not the same product listed on the tag and always a product of significantly less value. I recently received an auction of "Used / Returns" where the boxes of the top priced units contained non-functioning products of a similar model as that listed on the manifest, only the model is 8 years older AND a much lower priced model. In another auction, electronic items that smelled so bad when unwrapped I nearly threw up. You cannot tell me the person packaging these items did not know they were garbage. We have become the garbage disposal for Best Buy!
The only question is, are the employees substituting or stealing items and taking them home? Are the shipping companies substituting or stealing items? It is much more likely intentional fraud encouraged or ignored by top management.
When I complained I was told basically to suck it up, sighting section 3 of their terms and conditions.
The "AS-Is" clause in their documents suggests AS IS DESCRIBED! I agree. If I purchase and receive items that are "AS IS" DESCRIBED and I cannot make good use of them it is my problem but if I purchase and receive items that are clearly not "AS IS" DESCRIBED that is fraud and or theft. "AS-Is" does not give them legal right to steal and fraudulently misrepresent their products.
They will obviously continue this practice until enough us go bankrupt or otherwise stop buying their auctions or enough buyers turn them in to the Better Business Bureau. Then they will simply change the name of their operation and continue their scam. This scam is so obvious it astounds me and because there are so many unemployed people out there right now that are trying anything to make a living (me) and are willing to risk their savings to feed their family they will continue their cowardly theft.
I am gathering evidence (photos, documents and emails) to submit to the Better Business Bureau and will pursue this until I see Tech Liquidators and Best Buy downgraded and or prosecuted for fraud. I am also submitting this evidence to law enforcement to investigate the shipping companies because what I received was clearly not what is listed on the manifest. I encourage all to do the same. Those of us with legitimate complaints are enabling and encouraging theft and fraud if we do not turn this over to authorities.

• Te
    techliquidatorsuck Nov 09, 2012

I purchased a lot of laptop HDD, they claimed to be customer return, Onec i received the lot, about 2/3 of the lot, filled with broken HDD. and the rest of the lot, is working but with warning from the manufacture that it is going to fail soon. So I cannot use this lot and i just have to deal with it because it is as is. DO NOT BUY FROM TECH LIQUIDATOR EVER AGAIN !!!

• Pa
    particlephysicist May 16, 2012

Why not check into their 20+ Shill bidders who constantly bid the items up on the tech liquidators site to artificially inflate the prices...

Last time I checked, that was Illegal in all 50 states.

• TechLiquidators Mar 02, 2012

Hello Mark57,

We are truly sorry for the negative experience you have had. It is a great frustration for us when our customers do not have their expectations met.

While most of the concerns appears to be with missing or damaged items, we can simply say that, if your business cannot handle the risk of an "as-is" no returns sale, it is best to stick to New and Refurbished product on the website. TechLiquidators holds an "A" rating with the BBB, and communicate in plain English the straightforward terms of use for the TechLiquidators website. See BBB review of TechLiquidators: http://bit.ly/BBB-TechLiquidators

The TechLiquidators market does not work for all buyers. But for those who are able to navigate the risk, the profits have been so sustainable that we've been the primary source of thousands of small electronics wholesalers for years.

When we can identify a clear instance of missing items or items arriving in a condition significantly worse than listed on the website, we will almost always issue a partial refund.

With Used/Returned product, you are taking a 50/50 gamble. There are no guarantees about product cosmetic or operational condition: "In most cases, no testing or repairs have been attempted on the listed products. The packaging will be in various states including: opened, distressed and/or missing. There will be units that lack essential components, accessories and documentation. Used/Returns products most likely function or may retain some functionality from the original equipment manufacturers specifications."

With Salvage product, assume that none of it works. That is the definition of salvage Some of the components may work, but absolutely no testing has been done. The main value buyers find in this product is by stripping out parts from various units and reassembling them to build units or by using them to repair other units.

TechLiquidators is a liquidation channel that creates an efficient way for Best Buy to move secondary inventory out of the warehouse, while meeting a demand for wholesalers. We are completely transparent about product condition and the risk involved, but what may work for one buyer may not work for another, so we have to rely on our buyers to use cautious judgement in buying on TechLiquidators.

Because liquidation lots are huge and mixed, they are more prone to error. If you would like to continue to pursue a resolution, after reading understanding the terms you agreed to upon registration and the stated condition of the product purchased, please contact Customer Care and we will do everything we can to rectify the situation for you.

TechLiquidators Customer Care

TechLiquidators
    30 Executive Park | Suite 100
    Irvine, CA 92614
    [protected]
    Mon - Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm PST

• Du
    dude123 Nov 04, 2011

i agree i bought a pallet of 20 pc desktop like 5 of them were defective, i could'nt make them work..
    when i called they told me ''as-is '' means ''as-is''