TDS Telecommunicationstds is forcing internet users to pay for unwanted telephone service

T Sep 24, 2019

TDS Telecom is forcing me to pay for a feature-packed telephone service I do not want nor do I need, in order to use their Internet service. The telephone package includes long distance, caller ID deluxe, call forwarding, caller ID block, call waiting, etc., all features for which I have no need. Furthermore, the home has no modem or telephone jacks (that I'm aware of). However, they are forcing me to pay more than $35 per month for the unwanted telephone service. I don't even own a landline phone that could be used with the service. I don't understand how the local or state governments can allow this abuse of power. It's bad enough that I'm having to pay almost twice what the same level of Internet service cost me at my previous home but it makes no sense to me that I must pay for a telephone package I don't want or need.