TCF National Banknsf charges

P Review updated:

My son was charged $37 insufficient funds fee 5 times (total $185) despite depositing funds exceeding the negative balance prior to at least three of the transactions for which he was penalized. The tellers he talked to acknowledged this - they gave him receipts showing +ve balance, but maintain that transactions prior to clearing of checks still incur the $37 penalty regardless of what is showing as his account balance. They would not let my son, a freshman away from home, see the Bank manger or anyone else who may have the discretion to waive these ridiculous fees. I know the fine print he signed stipulated this fee, but should they not have warned him that he will be charged if he makes use of the money he deposited which was showing as positive balance? Paying $185 for withdrawals totaling less than $30 seems total ripoff .. does he have any recourse?

janeah007 Mar 06, 2010

Online banking site is not secure or reliable. the online banking service will change your pay date to cause account to overdraft. Tcf bank will not reverse unauthorized charges or investigate disputes unless made to by u.s. govt or other agency. Bank is arrogant and evil.

• Ri
    Richard K. Langr Jan 06, 2021

@janeah007 Couldn't have said it better myself. To say they are a bunch off arrogant A$$h0le$ would be an insult to other arrogant A$$h0le$. If my problem isn't solved tp my liking contacting the government will be my next option.

• Mn
    mnhyt1 Feb 17, 2010

Customer service is terrible unwilling to help. I am planning to close my account nothing but a headache. Worst bank I've ever dealt with. I have nothing positive to say about this bank.