Tata Skydropping of channels

J

I am Jayagopal.G from kerala with Tatasky connection from last 2 -3 years.My tatasky Id is [protected].
Tatasky is providing only few malayalam channels compared to other service providers. On 21st of this month Tatasky dropped Amritha TV and DD malayalam without any notice or even a message in the setupbox. If they are adding any channels they will send messages in every one hour or less.
I contacted customer care about this but they also dont know whether this channels will be added or are permanently removed from list. As this is their approach to a keralite who is asking for more malayalam channels from last 2 years, I am going send my tatasky Setup box to Municipality Dustbin on the day before my Next recharge due date.
Advice to all Keralite:
Never buy a Tatasky connection as they may remove Rice or Curry from your plate at any time after offering a Super special Dinner. If you are ready to sit in front of an empty plate expecting some thing better then go on with Tatasky. Now only 5 malayalam channels are available which may be removed in the earliest.

• Pr
    Prejish Mangottil Oct 15, 2011

They dropped the Malayalam channels without any notice. I called their helpdesk who said they will take my feedback and in the future they may reinstate the channels. I requested a cancellation. They say you can keep the digicomp box and the dish (should I be using it as an umbrella...?). I have been using this service for the past 3 years; regret my voice is not heard.

prejish

• Jg
    JGeorge Oct 16, 2011

One of the worst DTH platform for Malayalam Channels.
    Only 4 (out of 15) Channels are available for viewers.
    They have dropped 3 Malayalam channels from last 30 days, including the free-to-air DD Malayalam.

George (Mumbai)

Manojkka Oct 24, 2011

Agree. TataSky is cheating Malaylis. I complained official and they responded after 20 days with standard answer! Following is my answer to them, sharing it below

Thanks for the response, though it is more than 20 days since I made the complaint !

None of these explanations are valid for this action on Tata Sky's part. Here are the reasons and you will know how illogical your arguments are and how other DTH operators are handling this much better than Tata Sky.

You mentioned about viewing pattern and preference of people. I see it can change, but tata sky should know how to cater to balance this. Is it justified to reduce Malayalam channels from 8 to 4 over a period of 3-4 years where as you are increasing other regional languages? Most of your competitors (like Airtel, Big TV, SUN, Videocon) have 10 or more Malayalam channels. I simply don't understand your logic of taste and preference and Tata Sky is not the only one catering to variety of viewers.

Tata Sky is not the only channel to have HD channels, nor the first one as well. I'm not sure why Tata Sky has to mention about HD here and trying to justify removal of Malayalam channels. How is the other providers giving HD content and a providing variety of options as well? BTW, 7 asli HD channel is false claim. In fact I got trapped with your HD marketing and I lost my favourite channels.

I don't get the logic of removing three malayalam channels in the last few weeks and introducing other regional channels. Why don't you remove couple least watched channels in the same regional language and add more if required instead of penalizing only malayalam viewers?

Bottom line is that you don't have bandwidth as you are using old technology and you are penalizing customers for no mistake of theirs. I request you to restore Malayalam channels. Please have balance approach for regional language channels. Most of the main regional languages have 10 or more channels, where as Malayalam channels have gone down from 8 to 4. Again, all your competitors have more than 10 malayalam channels and they seems to catering to the same India audience who has taste and preference !

Please stop providing standard answers and get the act together to resolve it.

Hope to hear a positive response.

Regards
    Manoj

• Ra
    raghunath pillai Oct 29, 2011

Tatasky removed Kairali channel and Amritha channel without notice and with no explanation given! When I called up the customer care they said that they are waiting for the customer response after removing the channel. I have paid for the service and TATASKY HAS CHEATED its customers by removing the channel and moreover there was no intimation and TATASKY IS WAITING TO HEAR CUSTOMER RESPONSE to put the channels back...weird and absurd. There are 50 apartments (subscribed coz of the malayalam channels in it) in my apartment complex who are with Tatasky out of the 96 apartments and ALL OF THEM are looking at an alternative. Mr. TATASKY you are not the only service provider and we are spoilt for options.

Moreover beware of the TATASKY representatives calling you up or information you about the free package for 1 month. Guyz you might not need the package and you feel it is a free package so does not hurt me. You forget about it and from the next month you are charged for that and it goes unnoticed. So ask them and unsubscribe to any channel you do not need.

• Pr
    Pradeepk_in Nov 12, 2011

Its high time we do something about this. This act by Tata sky is ridiculous and undermining the belief and interests of customers. We malayalis are only left with 4 channels while all other regional channels have a minimum of 10 channels atleast. I have contacted three times and always given them a mouthful. The latest as of today is the lady telling me that she has received a lot of complaints which is a good sign. she has given me a bull story on some transponder issues with kairali and amrita and honestly admitted that she does not when the channels are going to be continued. it is sad that a reputed provider has stooped to such levels without honouring consumer issues. TATA SKY u better watch out. Mallus are not in the habit of taking things lying down.

• Vi
    Vijayan Yhane Nov 19, 2011

For more than 3 years, we are using Tatasky and the performance were satisfactory. But from last week of Sept., the channels Amrita, DD4 malayalam and Kairali were withdrawn one by one, that too with out any notice. Tatasky may not be having funds to afford the pay channels, but the justification for withdrawing the free channel like DD4 is not understood. Unfortunately we had paid for whole year. we feel we are cheated. This is not expected from a firm having the name Tata. Kindly return the remaining amount.

nobimj Jul 22, 2012

If a complaint is issued against Tatasky can they be forced to pay back the set top charges to all malayales ? but i think they can escape easily due to the disclaimer "Minimum monthly subscription for chosen packs or individual channels cannot be less than Rs 155 Tata Sky Ltd. reserves the right to add or drop a channel/ package/ service from any package and/or change the package rates. " How to ensure that we get what we want ?

• Me
    Mehul Sinha Oct 31, 2015

It does not allows at all