Talbotstalbot's is not what it used to be

Talbot's is not what it used to be. Just made a large purchase there in the last month and was very unhappy with one part of the purchase. The reason for shopping there and paying the higher amount is for quality in fabric and fit. One of the pairs' of trousers I purchased was made of the poorest quality cotton. I actually purchased two of the same style in different colors. After washing the khaki pair once, and before even wearing, the pants were extremely wrinkled, far more than the other color (dk brown). Even after ironing on a cotton setting, still very wrinkled.

When I took them back to Talbots' (a different location from the one purchased at) the sales clerk said their return policy has changed they will not take them back because they were worn (even though they weren't) and that I "will need to get the iron out and use it".

Needless to say I told her I won't be shopping at Talbots anymore. I would have exected this fabric quality at Walmart, but I doubt their sales clerks would be so rude.

• Pe
    Penel May 20, 2011

Hello,
    I had the same experience. The items were unworn with the original tags. Full price was paid. They refused to take these unworn, new itmes back and refused a store credit. Talbots was unwilling to offer any type of compensation. Do not shop at Talbots. They don't deserve good customers. Shop at Nordstroms. They are consistently good and are helpful with returns.

• Na
    Natacha Dec 08, 2010

I just had the same problem...There policy sucks...Now i'm stuck with items i cant fit and all I wanted was to get a bigger size