Takelessons.comTerrible and Unclear Billing Process - Rip You Off

K

Company provides a contract at the time you purchase lessons, telling you that you will be charged for scheduled lessons on the 25th of each month. What it does not tell you is that it automatically schedules you more lessons on a continual basis. Be prepared to be charged for lessons that you might not have even agreed to.
In addition, I received 2 emails stating that they did not have my credit card information and that I would need to update that before it could be charged again. This lead me to believe that I would not be charged (since they told me they did not even have my card info). To my surprise, I was indeed charged for lessons that I never scheduled (also could not cancel online) and was charged to a card that they told me they did not have information for.
Upon calling and explaining the situation to customer service, they were resistant to providing a refund. After fighting for 10 minutes they offered to provide a refund of half the charge. Finally, after pointing out that it was stated in two emails that they could not charge me because they did not have card info, they agreed to provide a full refund.
While there have been no issues with the actual instructions/lessons, the admin and billing process simply make this a horrible experience. Beware...they will try to rip you off!

• Da
    Daniel A Flores Mar 20, 2013

i am thinking in becoming a teacher with this guys but the more i read the reviews and complaints about them the more uninspired I become to be part of this capitalist and legal way of exploiting both teachers and clientele.
    They ask me to sign this long, long agreenment in which they state first of all that they will take 50% off the lessons I will be giving meaning they will be making money while sitting in their desk ?
    This is pretty ###ed uo way of making money off of poor artists who are desperate to get student.
    If they want this to really work they should at least give 65-70% to the teacher the one who will make you play or learn an instrument...