Menu
Synchrony Financial
reviews

Synchrony Financial
reviews

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 9 reviews
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Synchrony Financial. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Rate your recent experience
B

Synchrony Financial Not supported

I have a couple Synchrony cards. I was hoping this app would make it easy to manage them all, but obviously that was hoping for too much from a company called SYNCHRONY (the irony isn’t lost on me). I recently decided to get the eBay MasterCard, but that isn’t supported with this app apparently. So I’m stuck to having an App for Amazon card, and logging into the website for eBay cards and ect. Ect. This app should function for ALL synchrony accounts… maybe when they get that working the score will change.

Again this is a rating based on the APP. Not the cards or the bank themselves. Those aspects should be irrelevant when leaving a review for the app itself… I rather like my synchrony cards/accounts…but I’m not going to give the app a five star when it doesn’t help me.

R
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial Payed on time , paid off . Company cancel credit card no notice

I hav had my brandssmart credit care which is through Synonmy bank. I hav never paid late nor hav I ever miss a payment. This year in 2022 I went to use my card over the phone , this is when I found out that my account was close, I call brandssmart to inquire about it , they inform me that they can do this , I stated that I hav never been late and the fact of the matter the card was pd off, I was told that even if I was paying still on the card they still can do this, the lady stated that , I should be glad because a lot of people was paying on a card that no longer exist. I wrote this review because a lot of people don’t knw that this could actually happen to anyone regardless.this has left a bad taste in my mouth about the bank and brandssmart.never will I ever patronize this business ever again.

L
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial What's wrong with these people!

I was approved for this Synchrony NAPA CAR CARE Card AT $2,500. My credit was not that great (thanks to my ex-wife and the crap she pulled during the divorce). I used the card sparingly for repairs on the Jeep, some of repairs were pricey. I was never late, I generally paid it off by the of the month. It has been 14 years since I have been divorced and my credit score has dramatically improved. Then get this, I get a letter Synchrony Bank saying that the max credit line will be $250.00 because of my bad score. I called them on the phone and why the was done to me both manger and telephone receptionist keep insisting I call credit bureaus and work it out with them. My scores great! They both said there is nothing the can do even and I said this is a joke! I told them to them to give me my line of credit back $2,500 and some of my credit scores weren't best back then! Synchrony was really rude and they wouldn't budge!

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial Crooked as the day is long!

Synchrony Bank would not listed to me when I called to tell them someone took $30,000.00 of my money to pay a $3,000.00 payment. They referred
me back to my credit union for help, my credit union referred my to bill pay, on and one this went until I stepped up the game and used federal banking regulation E (for eft) wording to get my money back from them. But if this wasn’t bad enough, I owed them $3,000.00, the had my $30,000.00 and had the gall to close every single account I had because I may have made unusual transactions, or showed a lack of ability to pay on my accounts! They have some nerve putting “account closed by credit grantor” on 7-10 accounts that were all in good standing. They refuse to assist me in clearing up the mess they've made out of my credit files, so I’m going to show them through my reviews! Run, do not walk from these “cobranded” cards including TxMaxx, Marshall’s, Home Goods, Care Credit, etc! Run as fast as you can!

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial NEVER USE MYSYNCHRONY!

Edit: After batting these people for 2-3 months now just to get a simple account number so I can log in, they won't give it to me even though I provided everything to prove it's my account. These "representatives" are not helpful whatsoever, you're better off trying to teach trigonometry to a toddler. This company is nothing more than SCAM ARTISTS who try to take more money! Do NOT waste your time by using MySynchrony! If any business goes through them for bill/loan payments, go elsewhere!

Original Post: Been trying to get onto my online account for days. I know the username and password, but the site keeps telling me it's wrong. Go to request a new password, and it asks for the account number; which I don't have because I went paperless and you people don't include it in your emails! After I'm done paying this bill off, I am done with Synchrony; I will never recommend this bank to anyone, I will tell people to avoid it at all costs if possible!

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial Inflated Rating?

I don’t know how this has a 4.5 star rating. I looked at the reviews for the past 6 months, and the average is less than 3.0 stars. When you consider that the lowest rating one can give it is 1 star (they really ought to allow a rating of zero), 3.0 is pretty bad. After reading a couple other reviews that said they couldn’t use the app to access their Lowe’s, WalMart, and Amazon cards (three of the main private-label cards from Synchrony), I was skeptical at best. And when I first opened the app and discovered that it does not rotate to landscape view, I decided to not even bother going any farther. There’s obviously a reason why Lowe’s, WalMart, and Amazon have provided THEIR OWN means of accessing your accounts. For Lowe’s and WalMart, you can access your credit card account directly through their shopping app, and Amazon created a separate app for their store credit card. If Synchrony Bank can’t provide a top-of-the-line app for accessing financial information, then they shouldn’t provide any app at all.

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial My Account was Closed by Synchrony, too!

I was FLABBERGASTED to find out that my longstanding account with Synchrony Bank for Pep Boys was being closed by the company.

When I had a balance on the account, I was more than diligent in paying my monthly payments. I always paid more than was required, and eventually paid off the entire account. However, to preserve my “Good” Credit Score, I left my account open. I also anticipated that I would use the account eventually, if not right away.

I bought a new car in November , so I didn’t need to use the card for repairs, tires, etc., because currently, everything is covered under my warranties. Mind you, I PURPOSEFULLY left the account OPEN, in order to maintain a better percentage of overall available credit, which is a major factor in optimizing a credit score. Moreover, to reiterate, I knew that there would be days - eventually, if not now - that I would actually NEED and UTILIZE the account for repairs and/or gas purchases.

Well, thanks to the actions of Synchrony Bank, those days are now over. I called a supervisory associate at the bank to plead my case and I was told “Well, you know that Synchrony Bank owns the account, and not you... They can terminate the account anytime they want.” This is sooooo reassuring to a loyal customer. However, LOYALTY apparently means nothing to Synchrony Bank...

My account has closed, even after my due diligence in making timely payments. To add insult to injury, my credit score is going to take a hit for it. I. AM. NOT. PLEASED!

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Synchrony Financial STAY AWAY!

Never open a credit line with this company. I opened my Synchrony card through Sweetwater. At first it was all good, then out of nowhere and after never missing a payment ON TOP of paying a double payment each month, they dropped my credit line all the down to current balance. Overnight, without an email or any notification they literally took away $1400 in credit bc I hadn’t used my card in awhile. I tried calling the underwriting department and every representative there is rude and gives you attitude. Horrible customer service. I tried to explain to them that I pay double my payment every month and never missed, all they said was thank you for that. They made my credit score jump up 40 points because they depleted a good amount of my revolving credit. They I pay it down again about another $600 and was about to purchase something from Sweetwater and they did it again dropping my credit line to my current balance, so my payment from Sweetwater bounced AND my credit score shot up again.

I just now checked my account and they did it again! This company is horrible and cares nothing for their good customers. Absolutely NO customer loyalty. They don’t care if you pay them every month and when they run your score as a periodic check they look at numbers and it you use your card. They’ll lower you available credit line and mess up your credit score. They care nothing about you and if they cause you more hardship or stress. I even talked with my rep at Sweetwater and they said they’re trying to move away from this company bc a lot of their customers are saying the same thing about this horrible company.

If you’re thinking about opening a credit line with Synchrony Bank, do your future self a big favor and DO NOT!

P.S.
Either they are paying for bot reviews to get 4 or 5 star reviews or somehow getting google to delete the negative reviews, bc they used to be a 3-star company with a lot more negative and TRUE reviews.

C

Synchrony Financial I hate this app with a passion

I have Care Credit to boost my credit score on small purchases, Furniture Row to have another account open with a high credit limit and I maybe use it once a year, and Amazon Store Card all under Synchrony, and that’s it. I have some VALID issues.

Issue 1: The app lets you get all (not all) of your accounts on the home screen. It’s cool (it’s broken?). I had the Furniture Row already on the app from when I opened the account many years ago, easy. I then was told to add my Care Credit card to the app, so I did, easy! Cool. I was then told to add my Amazon Store Card to the app! They won’t let you. It’s not a thing. It recognizes you have it, you will get notified somehow (email or in-app? I forgot) but then it will straight up mot let you add it to the app. So that’s one thing.

Issue 2: So I changed banks, right? Discover right now has a killer 4% back monthly interest whereas my Credit Union did .04%. Free money is free money, especially since I don’t use debit cards and solely use credit cards, reap in points or 0% financing, and pay them off. But anyways I switched to Discover. On the App, let me say it again, ON THE APP I changed Furniture Row and Care Credit to Discover. But this app doesn’t have the Amazon Store Card. So I use the Amazon Store Card app, still owned by Synchrony right? I tried to add Discover as my autopay on that app and it said “Invalid Payment Source”. So I go tot he Synchrony website and navigate to my Amazon card right by my other 2 cards that show up: Amazon Store Card says “Invalid Payment Source”. Surely it’s not, I just changed 8 credit cards to this routing and account info. I gave it a month, same error. So I called and talked to a human. His “system went down” as I told him my issue around not being able to make my request to add this payment source (I’m sure the system didn’t go down but that was a way to buy time to talk to the manager). So maybe Discover is now the auto pay source? Who knows. They told me to “pay manually each month” until the autopay works. Well, why wouldn’t it work if you were able to add the payment source? I’m confuse. Pay manually for the next few months? Why isn’t this card even allowed to be added to my Synchrony app.

Issue 3: I went over how I changed Furniture Row and Care Credit to Discover “easy” through the app. That was a lie. The process sucked. Furniture Row was EASY! Heck yeah. I hit the “Autopay” button that said “Autopay Off” “Setup” (no balance, I pay manually when I buy something that month) and it let me switch to Discover and delete my credit union account right there. Awesome. As expected. But then I couldn’t add my autopay as there was no balance. But… in the app hours later… I just enabled autopay on that same $0 balance. So that’s frustrating. What the heck. So anyways I went one over to the Care Credit card and hit THE EXACT SAME AREA, but I can’t setup autopay in the app, I HAVE TO visit the Synchrony website and it pulls up with a popup to tell me that, it provides the links to tap… but makes me sign in on it’s generic website url. Hate that. So I sign in and am now at the homepage instead of the page I meed to be at. So I go into the Care Credit card by clicking on it and the page is blank. So I use the hamburger menu to further what I need and dropdown the menu and for the life of me I cannot find autopay anywhere because it’s nowhere. So I click on banking details under another menu and it literally just shows me the details, but I can’t choose my old bank or new bank to setup autopay. So I try to delete my old bank… and I can’t because “autopay is setup on it and I must first change or disable it”. So I chat… and the AI tells me where to find the autopay, but that area doesn’t exist on the mobile phones mobile website! So I find a way to chat with a human just to find out that chat can disable autopay (yay) but can’t delete banking info! Haha. What a headache. So he gives me a number to call. I CHAT with someone just to be provided with a phone number. Total disconnect of customer needs or what? What a joke. So now that autopay was turned off (rep told me it could take 24-48 hours, like WHAT? WHY. But it was instant. So it should be instant-maybe not instant type of timeframe. What a joke.) So now that autopay is off, and my banks were changed and my old bank deleted by me with a press of 3 buttons, I go to turn on autopay and it lets me. All good. Now I turn autopay on… and I can’t because I don’t have a balance? I can’t turn on autopay. So I close out of everything and I’m done. Now I go back into the Synchrony app, hours later mind you, I see that autopay is on for both cards that show up, but it restricts info and doesn’t say from where the autopay pulls from and THAT is what I have to verify. So I kid you not, I hit the “Autopay On” button and it says I HAVE TO GO TO THE WEBSITE, FOR BOTH CARDS. I mean I literally just set the autopay up on the Furniture Row card by hitting “Autopay Off” but now I have to go to the website? No. Not today.

Take your 1for every single one of the inconsistencies I have encountered, how the Amazon Store Card wants to be added to the Synchrony app but the Synchrony app won’t allow it, for the website experience and how poor it is with a direct link to it provided by the app, by the webpage layout and how utterly blank and useless it is, by the AI experience on the website not even being helpful enough to bring you to the right area, for the chat experience and how they wanted to get more people involved, and for the autopay issues with what I could do on the app and how all the sudden I couldn’t do on the app out of nowhere. 1for all of that. Plus more if the Amazon call I experienced could tie into this more, but it’s already the worst experience with a company (Synchrony, not Amazon) that I have had in quite a long time.

This review is honest, and scatter brained. It all took 3.5 hours to accomplish… simple tasks.

Synchrony Financial Customer Reviews Overview

Synchrony Financial is a highly rated financial institution with a strong reputation for exceptional customer service and a wide variety of financial products and services. Customers appreciate the company's easy-to-use online interface, quick and easy application processes, and competitive rates.

Positive Synchrony Financial reviews note that the company offers a wide range of credit cards with excellent rewards options and low-interest rates. The company also offers competitive savings and checking accounts, as well as a variety of loan options.

Customers appreciate the company's user-friendly website, which allows for easy account management and bill payment. Many reviewers also highlight the company's excellent customer service, with representatives who are knowledgeable and responsive to customer needs.

Overall, customers have a positive view of Synchrony Financial, citing its ease of use, competitive rates, and excellent customer service as key strengths. Whether you're looking for a credit card, savings account, or loan, Synchrony Financial is a great choice for individuals seeking a trusted financial partner.

Synchrony Financial contacts