Surplus FurnitureDid not recieve Items purchased

I went to this web site from an ad on Craigs list. I purchased 2 named brand items that I know sell at COSTCO. I've never been scammed before, and I am embarrassed. I am out a Suncast Shed and Woodridge Wooden Swing Set w Slide for my grandchildren. Raising 6 children I always watch for a good deal. I even bought 2 items so I would get gold freight Shipping and they would even put it together for us. Great, since my husband is disabled.
I did see the BBB symbol and read the reliability report. I read reviews about the company. I had someone call me to verify my order and also said because it was my first buy I couldn't use my credit card but was told to buy a Money Pak at WalMart. Was told this was safer. We even ask our Credit Union and they said Money Pak was reliable so I didn't suspect the company. Now 2wks went by and no one will answer my email, phones are busy and one is disconnected. Grandma feeling pretty sad about Swing set promised to grandkids. I was also scammed on a Suncast shed but it doesn't hurt as much as not getting the wooden swingset. I sent $1170.00 with the Money Pak. :-(

• Ag
    agmeyers Oct 31, 2009

Had the same problem under another company they are changing web pages and using craigslist to market it. If you look up the address on the web page for this it's actually Ashley's Furniture. I got scammed under Budget-Furniture.Net. They even have a fradulant Better Business Bureau web page. I was tring to buy a Easy Grow 8x8 Greenhouse for $485. it's the same Price same product everytime. This is what I have so far

Contacts Terri nelson, Lamar Campbell, Richard Ferguson (non of which you will ever reach by phone)

Phone Numbers If they arn't disconnected you'll get a message machine.

• Me
    meg1977 Nov 02, 2009

We too were scammed on the swingset as well. I too am embarrassed by this. We have never been scammed before. I should have listened to my husband, who said, he prefers to speak to someone before ordering. We were just excited to get this for our kids. This actually makes me sick to my stomach. I just wish, these people that are doing this could be found, and forced to pay back all the money they have taken from all of us. It's such a horrible & heartless thing to do.

• Up
    upsetparent Mar 04, 2010

It happened to my wife and I as well. Luckily, we caught on the day that we were going to buy. It was a website under the name of surplus furniture. Phones were disconnected so she looked up address found a different number. She called it and found out the phony company was using a different places address as their own. Prices seemed to good to be true. I guess they were.