SuperPages.comOnline scam

L

I was just starting an Internet business when I was contacted by a telephone marketer from SuperPages.com one day. I was interested in promoting my new business, but I also knew that I had no preconceived notion of what my success rate was going to be. I specifically asked about the ability to opt-out of the relationship. If this form of advertising worked, I would be happy to go forward with the marketing plan. But since I was just getting started, I wanted the option to jump out of anything that wasn't working for me.

The rep assured me that I could change the advertising around, or opt-out altogether, if the marketing plan was unsuccessful in bringing sales to my new website. This, she told me, was the magic of advertising electronically, as opposed to yellow pages in the traditional print form, that we could make changes any time. So I agreed to try advertising with SuperPages.com for $86 per month. The rep 'threw in' two free months with my package. Later, as it turned out, I discovered that those 'two free months' were at the end of a year's contract -- but I decided to look the other way on that one, and just chalk that up to some misunderstanding.

At the end of the first month, I had received two (2) visitors to my website through Superpages.com (according to their own metrics and, obviously, paying $86 for two visitors was going to be way too much. So I contacted SuperPages.com, paid the bill for the month, and asked to opt-out of the rest of the agreement. They knew nothing of this opt-out clause, they firmly assured me that no such option existed, and they were intending to hold me liable for the next eleven months at $86 per month with no choices, no options, no way out.

• Te
    TeriGillingham Aug 19, 2010

I signed up with Shane Dinger for the video and a Tier 2 placement for improved search options. Shane told me my phone would be ringing and when I asked him about the length of the contract he said it was 12 months. When I asked him about getting out of the contract, he told me if I paid with a credit card and I canceled it, there was nothing they could do about that. Guess what?? They told me they were going to send me to collections when I told them I wanted to cancel the contract. Shane told me they promised 25 clicks per a month. SO WHAT!! Clicks don't make the phone ring. I've had this contract for over three months and haven't gotten one phone call off the ad on line. When I told him I wanted to cancel, he said I only had 21 days from the beginning of the contract and "sorry, it's been over 21 days". I tried to get in touch with him for over two weeks and he wouldn't return my calls or emails. This company is a total scam! I'm going to report them to the BBB and the Attorney General's Office for failure to produce what was promised.

• Ou
    Outragesly bad service and ripoff Mar 12, 2010

They did the same thing to me and I'm not going to pay for services I never received. I asked them to send a bill in the mail to turn over to my attorney, they refused. It's all smoke and mirrors, never anything on paper. I thought Superspages was a reputable company and it is not. Thinking about using DEX Tbis time transaction will not be done over the phone and I guarantee they will not be getting my credit card number!

• Ar
    arlin Feb 08, 2010

Thank you so much everyone for charing this valuable information; I was about to screw my self with this guys.

-Arlin

rexs Feb 04, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with superpages.com. I was looking online and found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. You can also do advertising on this website for. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike that has a ebillboard and like it. He was telling me that he can go and make his own changes on this ebillboard. He like it because he can see how many people has been looking at this ebillboard.
    I hope this helps you out? Have a nice day.

rexs Feb 02, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with superpages.com. I was looking online a found a website that you can have a FREE ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Mike he told me that he setup a ebillboard and he is happy with the site. He told me that you can go on and change any thing and with out calling one person to do it for him. He said that he can upload his business logo or other photos or up to a 5 min video.He said on this site and did not cost him a dime to setup.

rexs Feb 02, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with superpage.com. I was on the web and found a website that you can have a Free ebillboard. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my freind and he has a ebillboard and he is glad that he a ebillboard.

• HOME REPAIRS Jan 17, 2010

I started an ad w/superpages.com, I think this was/is/very possibly...A scam...
    a scam with miss spelling(unprofessional),
    No relative explination, representation of what I did, (misleading), no information in appearence,
    wrong E-mail(unprofessional), no stamp of approval> (so called (supergurantee)
    I was led to believe it would be endorsed>WRONG!
    If anyone is thinking of doing business with them,
    Do yourself a favor visit (superpagesfraud) I did but, it was too late,
    Dont let them bury your screwed up add where,
    you will remain stagnate and have to pay someone
    for putting you in a cold dark place where no one goes. A very futile & costly mistake on my part!

• Sc
    Sciman Dec 03, 2009

When I tried to get assistance, no one seemed to want to help. When I tried to cancel because I was frustrated with the lack of assistance, I was transfered to 5 different people who all told me that they could not do cancellations.

Too much more to write about.

Don't sign up because they will never let you out. They still claim I owe them money from a service I cancelled a year ago but they kept billing me for. Don't click in because you will never get out!!

• Id
    Idearc Aug 04, 2009

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: [email protected]

Your Full Name and Title:

Business Name:

Business Telephone Number:

State in which your Business resides:

Your Contact Number:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:

• Workpost Dec 22, 2008

We're offering businesses and working individuals free directory listings and links back to their own websites from Workpost.com.

We're a new site but we are getting our directory listings indexed by the major search engines and we will help increase your chances of being found online by people looking for services.

The more people and companies involved with Workpost, the more services we will offer for free.

Thanks,

• Mi
    Mike Belt Sep 16, 2008

This by far the most serious business decision I''ve made to date. I foolishly signed up for an advertising account with Superpages. Not only have they charged me more to advertise than they've generated business - I find out only after I complain that I'm tied into a year-long contract to have them go into my account each month and take a fee no matter what is happening with you business; whether I get business or not. You try to get something done or addressed and you can never reach anyone. My advice is to stay away - run as far as fast as you can from Superpages.

• Ka
    Kathy Tidswells Aug 25, 2008

Super Pages.com is a rip off! They keep charging my credit card and have done so over and over again now for a period of 3 months for an outrageous amount of $500. I didn't even have enough money in the business account to cover their charges. Why would I order for services I couldn't pay for? I NEVER ORDERED WITH THEM. They asked for my credit card number just to verify that I had a bank account. They said nothing about any money being taken out. I even made them play back my recorded voice in which I NEVER GAVE THEM PERMISSION to DEBIT my account! What do I do? I don't have enough money to take them to court!!! How do I dispute them and get my money back? Superpages.com just put me out of business before I could even get started!

Screw you superpages.com

• La
    Larry Mar 09, 2008

I COMPLETELY agree! They said the same thing to me. I contact ande filed a complaint with the state Attorney General, they finally left me alone after I did that. I would suggest you do the same, they sure wont help!

• St
    Stephanie Aug 15, 2007

Superpages.com has called me over and over about buying online ads. They start off by calling you with someone who can barely speak your language and then spend five minutes reviewing you listing. When they finish they transfer you to a supervisor. The most recent time the guy came on the line and said "hello" with lots of noise and other languages being spoken in the background.

He proceeded to read from some canned material and asked me elementary questions to get me to say yes. The oldest sales technique in the book. Very poor sales pitch. Then when I told him I wasn't interested in their service for our company he acted like I was dumb and questioned my authority to make decisions for the ad choices of the company I work for.

When I asked me to remove me from their solicitation list he said I will have to get your full name and title for that and you will have to take full responsibility for it. "Okay!" I said. Then after I gave him the info he said. " You are taking full responsibility, m'am". Darn straight!

Superpages.com get your act together. When you're dealing with businesses you don't use the same shameful tactics as a snake oil salesman.

• Vi
    Victoria Kneer Aug 13, 2007

I was told by this company that I could try their web listing for 30 days for free. If I was not satisfied I could cancel in 30 days. I called on day 30 to cancel and was told it was canceled. I then begin getting billing (at the wrong address). I continue to call to request the service be canceled (by the way - this entire time I got ZERO referrals from their listing). I now am being threatened with a collection agency and no matter who I talk with, no one will adjust the bill even though they show I called within the 30 days, they are trying to say I only had a15 day trial. Who needs a trial for 15 days? That's not long enough to tell if it even works! They have nothing on file that say I ever agreed to a 15 or 30 day trial but they are now trying to hold my credit hostage with threats of collections. I hope someone knows how to stop them. This is ridiculous!!

• Bi
    Billy Nelson Jan 24, 2007

BEWARE OF SUPERPAGES!

Please forward the complaint to the address below.

Ripped Off By Verizon Superpages
    Jan. 24, 2017

Verizon SuperPages.com
    6665 N MacArthur Blvd.
    Third Floor MC33
    Irving, Texas
    Email: [email protected]

In SuperPages cover letter on the contract I received states “You’ve made a smart business investment by advertising on SuperPages.com. Now that you’ve joined the #1 online yellow pages with , it will be easer for potential customers to find you.” (The punctuation error after with is theirs, not mine)

Ripped off: Below is the Ad I ended up with for $75.00 a month on SuperPages.

The Cruise Princess
    901 N Fisk Ave Pmb 146, Brownwood, TX 76801
    [protected]

The Ad should have also had our website www.thecruiseprincess and our company slogan “The Right Cruise For You!” per my conversation with the salesman. The contract has states the the website URL www.thecruiseprincess.com will be in the Ad but the didn’t add our tag line phrase as mentioned about.

I verbally agreed on Dec. 19. and was told the Ad wouldn’t be posted until a couple of weeks and most likely after the first of the year. When I went and checked the Ad after the first of the year I was extremely dissatisfied with the content. I immediately sent a FAX for termination but was told when I contacted SuperPages by phone that the 14 days to cancel had expired. So now SuperPages billed me for three months for the Ad for a total of $231.00

Not only does the Ad stink to high heaven, it is buried under 8 national advertisers so that any potential customer would select before our illustrious Ad.

When speaking with SuperPages personnel including management, they came off as impersonal and not concerned that they had an upset customer. When speaking with Brian (Manager) I told him that I do whatever I can to make sure my customers are satisfied and get what they expect because I want their repeat business. Brian said, “You mean to tell me that ever person you sell a cruise to is happy.” I worked in customer service related businesses for thirty years and I would have been fired on the spot for treating a customer in that manner. Another point is that I have more than one business which I provide above and beyond great customer service.

1. I am requesting a full refund of $231.00 from Verizon’s SuperPages.

2. I also recommend that SuperPages changes the way the do business in order to become a company, which provides what they promise in all their promotional words. When SuperPages makes a mistake they make the customer pay for it.

3. How about contacting the customer when their Ad is posted and make as much effort reviewing the Ad with the customer as they do in getting you to sign up with them in the first place. And do all this before they bill you.

4. Stop making your customers pay for your mistakes.

Yes, they got my money but they didn’t get my business.

I would recommend they change the name from SuperPages to SuperDupeYouPages.

Beware of SuperPages…because it’s not super at all.

B. Nelson