Complaints & Reviews

"free" business posting

Superpages.com used to be a great place to go for local listings - now not so much. When attempting to get them to list your new business they will pass you around to 2-3 sales people and then never actually help you list your business. Basically, if you don't buy into their insane services, your company is never getting a listing. They have sneakily combined their sales and their 'customer service' department so even if you think you reached support, you didn't.

Poor Service, Limited Value

Supermedia is a division of Verizon and the successor of the spin-off Idearc Media. Supermedia provide no...

Free listings

I have made several compants on google, local.com, superpages.com, idearcmedida.com. I have even contacted the CEO of idearcmedia who basically blew me off. No one monitors the free litings so scammers can put whatever they want to. They rip off the consumer and keep the ledigitmete, legal business' from staying in business.

• Cu
    Customer Service supermedia Jul 19, 2012

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy.
    Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I
    promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours
    with an update. Please provide me with the following
    information and e-mail back to me
    at: [email protected]
    Your full name and title:
    Business Name:
    State in which your business resides:
    Your contact number:
    Brief complaint description:

Yellow pages

Michelle cheetam was the sales rep who soy me my yellow page add campaign.the process started in February ot...

They Are The Worst!

This company is the WORST! No one knows what they are doing and all you get is a run around. They do not back up product, they do not get back to you. Each time you call them the problem you have gets worst. It is almost like they do this because they do not like you calling. Told 24 hours to reslove a Major Problem. A week later and things keep getting worst!

Horrible advertising company

Supermedia is a horrible advertisement company, they lie about everything they do and they have horrible customer service. I would never use or recommend this company to anyone!

supermedia Jun 17, 2011

We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: [email protected]

Brief Complaint Description:

Not fair to those who want to consider reviews when determining what business to use

When complaining in the "write a review" secton regarding two carpet cleaning businesses in Olympia, WA, I discovered that, two weeks later, newer reviews were included with that business but not mine. Whether true or not, I couldn't say, but it sure looks like the businesses get to decide what reviews they'd like to keep. Not exactly a good system, not fair to those who want to consider reviews when determining what business to use.

You don't want to waste money and time here

I have had a very poor business experience with "Supermedia". I don't want to have to pay you to listen to all of the many errors that they have made. I am still trying to get them to reimburse me for $700 of over-charges. This has been going on for months. Please post this review to as many review sites as possible:

I decided to take a much closer look at our marketing efforts. One of these efforts included the decision to try " Superpages.com ." I was given plenty of promises and even decided to have them produce a short video for our www/superpages.com ad.

I never post reviews but this one might help others from making the same mistake. My main contact rep was Eden Pond. This was nothing but a game to him. The culture at Supermedia (the entity that handles Superpages.com) is callous. Mr. Pond and Supermedia stole $700 from me. Looks like I have to file a claim or something.

I have since canceled my account and I will spend those ad budget dollars at Google or Dex. I have spent 200 hours dealing with Superpages. Trust me - run. You don't want to waste money and time here. And how many "clicks" to our website in the last 6 months? About 10. And it isn't that they called us instead. Superpages.com didn't even list our phone number!

supermedia Aug 24, 2011

They shoved the $900 bill in my face and forced me to pay it

When I called to cancel, they said, "Just give it a few more weeks for leads to build up." I said, "Will I still be able to cancel if I choose to then?" "Absolutely! Don't worry about that." 2 weeks later, "I would like to cancel." "Sorry, it's too late to cancel." I went up to highest management and filed bbb complaint, NO HELP FROM SUPERPAGES! They still shoved the $900 bill in my face and forced me to pay it.

supermedia Sep 01, 2011

Brief Complaint Description:

No results from high cost advertising

I agreed to start an internet advertising ad PCC(PAY PER CLICK), after getting a call from the company that...

The Truth About SuperPages.com

I have read many reviews of Idearc/Superpages.com from many angry customers that feel that have been ripped off,
but have not really read any solid explanations of why Idearc/Superpages.com is a rip off.

My name is Lisa, I work for the company in Everett, WA and have done the research to know why. It is my hope that by divulging
the truth someone will be able to use the information to take action against this company. I've made a lot
of money selling worthless advertising and this is my attempt to make it right.

First off, it's important to know that Idearc/Superpages.com employs a very specific sales tactic that they
refer to as "Salesology." This is the very basis of all training and as an employee of the company, if you do
not follow this method, you will be repromanded. Salesology is taught to all employees by Jay Hughes
(www.salesologyonline.com). Utilizing this sales method, most customers don't even realize that they just purchased
advertising. Here's how it works:

1) A Business receives a cold call and they are asked if it's "a bad time."
2) Rep tells them that "We have people in your area looking for (fill in blank) in your area, are you
currently taking on more work/new customers?"
3) Then we ask how much more work they can handle and how much they make per job. Multiply the amount of work by
the profit per job and that's their gap. Let's say an Electrical Contractor averages $500 per job and can take on
10 more of those per month. "So, if I were able to help you close that $5000 gap per month in your business,
would it be fair to ask for $500 on the back-end in return?"
4) Customer says "of course."
5) Almost no explanation is given on how we are going to get them this promised work. We get GTI
(General telemarketing international) on the phone who records the customer agreeing to a 12-month
contract. They are told we're doing this "To enter them into our database." Most people have no idea
what just happened, but this is 100% legally binding. Our only goal is to get them through GTI.

In the initial training, they state we're to find the gaps in small to medium sized businesses and help
them grow. The funny thing is that no matter what state their business is in, no matter what they sell, how
much they make per sale...it's all the same. The soloution to every business is a minimum $500/month program to
meet their objectives. They don't really encourage anyone to sell over a $500/month plan because that
requires a signed contract in lieu of a GTI recording. If you sell less than $500 you're scoffed at, even if the
business doesn't need it.

So, what does a business get for $500/month? We are told to tell businesses that we are selling "SuperLeads."
However, these are nothing more than clicks with a theoretical conversion rate. Their collateral even shows how
this works. So, for $500 worth of SuperLeads a business will get 125 clicks with the minimum of $4/click (some
categories are more). They state that, on average, for every 5 clicks, a customer will actually make a call
to the business. $500 should then relate to 25 calls in a month. Again, this is how we are trained and this
is what the collateral we can send out states.

If the above actually worked, then it wouldn't be a bad deal. However, most businesses will not get any calls
for their $500 per month. Why? Most (at least 90%) of these clicks aren't even from SuperPages.com, Google, Yahoo
or anything you've ever heard of. They are from obscure partner sites that pull out a single keyword from the
business and get the needed clicks to bill out $500. As an example, let's say a kitchen contractor installs sinks.
Let's say someone googles "sink holes." A few wrong clicks and the contractor is out $4. Again, at least 90%
of these clicks have nothing to do with what a business does. The customer doesn't have any access to
these click reports, and there are no audits done to ensure it's actually working at all. The fact is that
most sales are made to oversaturated markets where businesses will not get any return on their
investments. We can sell to the same type of business in the same cities as much as we want and tell everyone
"we have people looking for your services." In all actuality, Superpgaes.com gets little traffic, and if a business
gets even one call per month for $500 they are doing better than average.

Next, is there click fraud going on? (i.e. the company clicking on it's own ads to turn a profit.) I'm not 100%
sure here. We used to be able to see the IP addresses that were clicking on the ads, but not any more.
In the past, I did random sample searches to cross reference the IP addresses by location and a large amount
of the IP addresses were not even in the same state as the busnisses. Many of these IP addresses seemed to
track back to where Idearc has physical offices. I have asked many times if I click on someone's ad from work, will
they be charged a click and have always been told no. I'm not so sure about that.

We also sell postcard mailers. When these came out I was excited to sell something that actually works. We are
told to tell customers they can expect a 0.5% - 2.0% return of them. I've heard of a few businesses getting
work from these, but I also know of businesses that have sent out 10, 000 cards (at $5000) with zero return.
The artwork on these is generally poor, as they have the sales reps do the basic design and ad copy for
them with very little training. It's mostly a joke to see just how bad they come out. Many contractors have
actually gotten in trouble from the State because License numbers have to be on their ads. This also is not
audited.

If you are a victim of Idearc and ICare won't make it right, you may want to call my Manager, Joe D., at
[protected]. If he won't help you, call his Boss, Dan C., at [protected]. Hopefully, they will let you
out of your contract.

Good Luck!!!

• Wow, that is a real help.

• I’ve seen exactly what you are talking about, in the first super pages campaign i ran 2 years ago our ads were placed on hundreds of these obscure sites under keywords that have nothing to do what so ever with our business. We are a mold remediation company and we were getting dozens of clicks for carpet dying from all over the country and we are located in New Jersey.

I canceled supers pages, accused them of fraud and they settled with me by giving us half page ads in 4 yellow page books which generated one sale in a year.

I recently placed a new ad on super pages to see what would happen. Its only showing n a limited area of New Jersey and no one has called my office at all from its exposure. They claim it has 3019 impressions coming from 3 key words for 2 week period.

The same period of advertising on Google using over 200 key words for the entire state of New jersey produced 2700 impressions with 21 web site visits that are verified thru our analytics program. This campaign produced a profit although not as much as our organic Google campaign.

Super pages is full of ###. There is no way that 3 key words concerning mold remediation in just Jersey City, New Jersey could have produced this much traffic. Furthermore where are the web site visits !! We can track every visit to our site and no one has visited thru super pages at all.

They could have a great product because in theory when someone logs onto super pages they are a buyer, they want a service, there not just surfing around for information. It should be a much better potential customer than Google delivers because let’s face it you get allot of wasted clicks on Google from folks that want say a mole tested as opposed to a mold test.

It’s a shame that Idearc engages in this type of activity. If you read thru their 3 agreements, 2 of which are not directly posted on the area that you initial when you sign up, they do state that they can and will place you add on these content sites. So by hiding behind there obscure multipage online contracts they have an out.
    The only think is where are the site visits, where are the phone calls. They sadly don’t exist.
    My mother told me that you can’t trust Texans and super pages has gone steady downhill since Idearac took them over.

I’m calling Idearc tomorrow, canceling my account and suing them in small claims court. I am accusing them of fraud and I’m going to subpoena there records.

Beware of Superpages your going to flush your money down the toilet.

• Id
    Idearc Feb 19, 2010

• Re
    rexs Mar 22, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with super pages. I was looking on line and found a website called seekshallfind.com. On this our business can have a free ebillboard. I was talking to my friend Mike that has a ebillboard he said he like his ebillboard. I hope this can help you.

Online scam

I was just starting an Internet business when I was contacted by a telephone marketer from SuperPages.com one...

Fraud and scam

I had used Superpages pay per click program for 7 years. The way it works is you set your budget and they're suppose to stay within that budget. After a year or two I got to the point where I had set my budget perfectly to last most of the month if not all. In the past I have had average results (good enough to continue). I had checked my budget around the 15th of August and it was roughly were it should have been, around half. About four days later I had received an e-mail proclaiming my budget was spent. I had immediately contacted them to inquire about click abuse. They inferred it was impossible although they didn't seem to know how to check on it or even provide a report. I then decide to call a few friends who also advertise with them. They all confirmed an uncommonly high click rate, as well, with little or no customer response. I had then called a number of competitors, that are of acquaintance, who also advertise this way. They had reported the same activity. I can't prove any malfeasance on their behalf but I feel that this would happen again. Me and several of my friends have pulled our accounts with Superpages not only because of this suspicious activity but also their apathetic response. If you're a small business owner stay away from this company. You'll save money and time.

• Za
    Zack Sep 04, 2008

A Cammile Rucker at Superpages.com called me stating they were offering a pay per phone call program for advertising for my company. We specifically discussed that i had no interest in a pay per click campaign as i knew the fraud associated with this and said i would be interested in working with them on a pay per call campaign. They signed me up and a week later 30% of my $500.00 budget was spent before i even knew my account was active on pay per click!

When i called Cammile she told me after the fact that they no longer offered a pay per call campaign and pay per click would make me more money?! So out of the gate she was a liar! Why would she deviously lie to me? Superpages concepts to gain a customer were devious from the time she called my business phone. I put my account on pause as they were just taking money from my account, some days later my account had been unpaused by someone there and when I logged in several days later they had nearly spent $300.00 in less than 2 weeks! So i called Cammile Rucker Again and she assured me that all my competition was making mad money with the pay per click?! AGAIN I signed up for the Pay per phone call meaning everytime my phone rang, they got paid for their service. Cammile Rucker told me that I had agreed to a pay per click campaign Which was a lie!

I have contacted many supervisors and they will not assist me in closing the account that was deviously set up by lies. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY PERIOD. The Wonderful thing is i have recorded every phone conversation and will be suing the Superpages as well as joining the Class Action Law Suite against Verizon. I will also be launching Billboards in Atlanta Stating Superpages.com LIES Joint The Class Action Lawsuite Today!

• Fr
    Frankie Sep 18, 2008

Idearc Media superpadges.com has billed me for a add I never ran isnt this fraud ?
    anyone else have this issue with them ?

out of the blue there in your life and you never new who they where untill the bills start rolling in and the phone calls !.

I would like to know where to see more about the class action suite.

• So
    solution Oct 07, 2008

contact the BBB and state attorney general

• Co
    CocoB Oct 07, 2008

call the BBB and state attorney general

• Wi
    Windsor Exports Oct 13, 2008

Banjo Bolt, Banjo Nut Bolt, Benjo Bolt, Banjo, Bolt, Check Nut, Auto Bolts, Auto Parts, T Bolt, U Bolt, Auto Parts, Screw Bolt, Brass Bolt, Stainless Bolt, Eye bolts, Pin Bolt, brake banjo bolt, banjo fitting

sad citizen Feb 01, 2011

Don't even talk to them on the phone. I spoke to Matthew and clearly told him I didn't want to pay for advertising as I never had to before and handed the phone back to my husband whom Matthew duped into believing something was free then recorded his voice authorizing a 12 month contract that they are saying we are responsible for. Both my husband and I remember the conversation and we positively did not want to spend any money. So they recorded only what they needed to stick it to us and we have not even been sent any information about what we are paying for. They want to tell me now to go look here and see because your responsible for paying for it anyway.

Fake traffic to my website

I recently singed up for an internet ad with superpage.com because at the time the sales rep contacted me I...

Unauthorized charges!

I canceled my account and was charge for 6 more months! I spoke to a sales manager and he stated at least 5 times via phone that my account was closed and that I would be refunded all incorrect billing. Not only did I KEEP getting change, when I spoke to billing they said the sales manager Fazzle Ramzan (spelling?) never did anything! Get everything in writing and call the BBB.

• Pa
    Patrickrawls Jun 13, 2009

i filed a civil claim against Idearc Media LLC/Jennifer L. Swann. The case number is SC11C0013202 It would be nice if you could send a letter to Justice of the Peace Precinct 1, Place 1, Judge Dale Gorczynski, 7300 N. Shepherd, room 138, Houston, Texas 77091-2437 and give your experiences with this company and their tactics. I have gone to his court before and know he will read the letters and have an understanding on the complaints.

Thanks, Patrick David Rawls www.patrickhomeassembly.com

Unauthorized billing!

I belong to Superpages.com since 1996. It was a free business listing. I never updated it forgot all about...

Fraudulent company!

When Superpages.com contacted me I initially said I wasn't interested. But the sales agent kept talking...

Billing termination!

I was contacted by a Superpages.com salesman who lead me to believe that I could try Superpages for three...