Having problems with Freelancer.com?

Freelancer.com Customer Service Contacts

Level 20, World Square, 680 George Street
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia - 2000

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Freelancer.com Customer Service. Initial Freelancer.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Freelancer.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Freelancer.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Freelancer.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Freelancer.com Complaints & Reviews

Jan 27, 2021

Freelancer.com — Freelancer corporate

I don't know what kind of a joke this company is. They advertise FALSELY about their Freelancer Corporate...

Jan 17, 2021

Freelancer.com — My account closed

Hello, I'm Denys Davydov. Unfortunately my account was closed a week ago. I requested my first withdrawal in...

Freelancer.comHas stolen my money.

Freelancer.com company is scam.
I honestly completed work for one of the projects on their website and received $150 to my account balance on freelancer.com.
But when I withdraw money I notice my account was closed.
I contacted their support and they said that I didn't keep terms and policy.
But I didn't any illegal action in freelancer.com.
I did not receive any clear explanation from support team of freelancer.com. Their support is unclear.
So, the result is - they stole $150 from my account. I do not recommend work on freelancer.com under any circumstances.
Avoid this scammers.

Jan 08, 2021

Freelancer.com — Withdraw my money

My account was closed. I want to get my money back. My freelancer account have 1253$ and now I can't log...

Freelancer.comMy account closed

My account was suddenly terminated without any explanation.
    I requested to withdraw $200 on the 31st of December. And I enjoyed the holiday.
    On the 3rd of Jan, I found my account closed. I asked the support team and they said it is restricted on 31st and closed on the 1st of Jan. No reason was given. Why didn't they give me 48 hours?
    I don't know if this is the intention of using the holiday season to do account hunting.
    From the start of the new year, I got involved in a bad day.
    I had $100 in my account and 3 currents jobs for $1500 totally.
    I also lost my clients.
    I want to get my hard-earned account back.
    At least I want to find my money.

My account closed

Freelancer.comMy account closed and they stole $1253

My account was closed by administrator when I request withdraw.
      My freelancer account have $1253 and now can't login.
      I contact support team they just say wait for 48hours.
      I wait 5days, but I get nothing.
      I just lost $1253, but why?
      They didn't give me money.
      They stolen my account's money.
      It's not their money, it's own my money from the several clients.
      How can I get my money.

Freelancer.comScam

They closed my account suddenly without any explanation. I tried to contact support with no reply so far. I have 2 open project with over 3k$ budget and 3 clients that will hire soon.
        Also, there is 150$ in my account and they didn't give it to me.

I will never work on Freelancer.com again because Freelancer.com is scam. Wanna lost your money and waste your time, be sure to visit Freelancer.com! :) That is what I would suggest anyone interested in working on Freelancer.com. So, stay away from it or you may end up writting your own complaints on Complaintsboard.com. ;)
        Guys! Let's cooperate against Freelancer.com! My email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Freelancer.comThey closed my account and steal money

I am a customer. Before yesterday they closed my account without any explanation... When I wrote to the support - I have got the email that I have violated their rules with this link: https://www.freelancer.com/about/terms
          They didn't even explained which rule I have violated or what I have done at all... I have 2 open projects there with 2 different employees and they are waiting for money which I can't pay now because my account is closed and my money is stolen... So SCAM!!! The worst experience ever...

You can't just still people's money!!!
          tamilla8484 - user name

They closed my account and steal money

• Updated by Tami Shu · Dec 08, 2020

Hi. I am a customer. I have 2 opened projects and I have to release 4 milestones foe work been done... Why did you close my account - I didn't get any email notification or any kind of explanation... Please open my account so I can pay to 2 employees.

Freelancer.comAccount closed

Hello!

They suspended my account having 280$ in milestone payments. I just wanted to tell you my brief story so that other people now about these scammers.
            they didn't give me any reason why they closed the account and the didn't withdraw my funds, deposit by me.
            I am tring to contact them through support mail for more than 1 month and I had no rply from them.
            I hope I can get the money back so I can stay away from them in the future...

Freelancer.comClosed my account, no reason given

Hello,

I have had my Freelancer account for a few months now, Plenty of 5* reviews, active clients and over $500 in the account and for no reason, I get the dreaded your account has been closed.

I have contacted freelancer with no reply. I'm not sure what I have supposedly done wrong.

I have an active project on the go and without the account Im not sure how I can finish them.

• Updated by Luke Billyard · Oct 24, 2020

My Username Is: PureSauce

Oct 15, 2020

Freelancer.com — Closed account with usd 3000

Hello! I am an architect and I've been building my profile and working on Freelancer for the past 4...

Freelancer.comMilestone payments reversal

I complete projects for two clients on freelancer.com and received the payment. The money was in my freelancer.com account, the reviews had been published, I had even requested to withdraw that money into my bank account and all was good. A few hours later, they suddenly suspended my account without any warning and I could no longer access it by any means. I contacted the support. A full day passed and they said that your account is under a review so you can continue working but cannot withdraw any money.
                When I finally got access back to my account, my money was gone. Two milestone payments worth 520 USD each had been reversed from my account. So I lost 1040 USD.
                I suspect that it might be a chargeback that the website is imposing on me, as they have done in the past with other people as well.

• Updated by Haziq Rohail · Oct 09, 2020

Just got a response from the support. Apparantly my client had commited some violation of their "terms and conditions" and their accounts had been closed and all of their transactions had been reversed due to that in order to protect the freelancers. How does taking someone's hard earned money count as protecting them?
                    If the employer's had any funny business going on than that is the website's responsibility. They cannot take money out of our accounts for that.
                    Can anyone please guide me how I can get my money back legally?

Freelancer.comUnfounded closing my account

On 9 September I got from Freelancer notification that I have to verify my identity. I did it, and on 10 September evening I got an email "Further information required to verify your identity. Thank you for your submission and responding to our enquiry but we need you to provide further information to help us verify your identity.Please respond within 45 days. If we don't hear from you within this time, we'll have to completely limit your account". I didn't have time to fill out the form that day and thought that I could do it on the next day. On September 11, 2020 early morning I found out that my account is closed. The point is that I didn't receive any notifications about it. I filled out the form "Reopening closed account" a few times but I didn't receive any emails/ feedbacks to my mailbox. At this moment I want to know what is the reason to close my account and how I can withdraw my funds in amount of ~5, 5 USD!

Aug 23, 2020

Freelancer.com — Stole my $900 plus from mothers account deposited into my account

I have contacted you over and over about this since June with nothing being done. Today I find out account...

Freelancer.comAccount closed, stole my money

Hello !

I just wanted to tell everybody my brief story so that other people now about these scammers. They suspended my account having 300$ in account balance and milestone payments. They didn't explain the reason and how to resolve it. Their reply is automatic and not helpful at all!!! I attached the screenshots for it.

They are probably interested in stealing your money because they are not interested to resolve the problem and not reply after few days.

I hope I can get the money back so I can stay away from them in the future...

• Ha
                        Haziq Rohail Oct 09, 2020

They did the same to me too. And I had 1040 USD in it!
                        Scammers!

Freelancer.comFunds locked

I have done a project and received payment of that as well. Just when I was to withdraw the amount. Freelancer locked the amount due to issue with my employer which has nothing to do with me. My employer account is suspended and there is no way he would resolve the issue after he did the payment. Its nothing to do with me still freelancer.com locked my money so that I cant withdraw it.

Funds locked

Aug 11, 2020

Freelancer.com — Account closed without any warning/reason

Hello, I have worked day and night on freelancer.com and when I complete all projects and I earned 650$. I...

Aug 05, 2020

Freelancer.com — Reopen my account or give my money back if reopening is not possible.

Dear Freelancer Support Team, On 2020/07/28, I received the email to request ID Verification. So I...

Aug 04, 2020

Freelancer.com — Suspended account, no resolution, no return money

They suspended my account and blocked login, didn't explain reason and resolution way, stole my $140 in...

Freelancer.comMy account was closed, stole my money

Freelancer.com charged me for a membership fee for a year and I was paid for it but ended my account in two months.
                        Freelancer.com do not give an accurate answer to the reason for termination
                        My account had exactly $309, and they stole the money.
                        I have mailed tickets to them over and over again, but they ask me to wait. And they send me empty message continuously now.
                        I hope to open my account again. If they can't open my account again, please return my money.

• Updated by Richmond Jay · Aug 04, 2020

They replied me following as:
                            "The relevant department ([email protected]) has been informed and are aware now about your concern. You can contact them directly to the email provided"
                            I sent message to [email protected], but they did not reply.

Comments